EA now issuing permanent Origin bans through content filter

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Man, I am glad you posted here, I won't be using their forums anytime soon. I am not happy that BioWare is owned by EA, sure TOR would not be possible without the financial backing of EA but they are just screwing with everything. Dragon Age and Mass Effect were fine without multiplayer.

MaximumTacos:

Angad: Please note that your account [maximumtacos@gmail.com] has been permanently terminated from the Electronic Arts Online service for violating the terms of services. The account will no longer be accessible in any way, and all property, items, and characters associated currently are or will soon be deleted.
Angad: Is there anything else I can do for you?

I posted the rest here as I don't want to be spamming the forums with it.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.323783-Questions-Still-Swirl-Around-EAs-Origin-Bans?page=4#13389462

What do you guys think about this?

The violation in question was someone making a post, cursing at me, with my username at the end of their rant. That's right. You just have to swear at someone now and EA's automatic filter does the rest.

if this is true the sue the fuck out of them. im sorry but a blind lawyer could win something like this anywere.

MaximumTacos:
Still no access to singleplayer content, or anything else in my Origin account.

Every. Single. Piece. Of. Content. In. Origin. Is. Locked. Out.

Am now almost bored enough to dig up personal cell numbers of CS executives at EA. I will keep you updated.

If EA are jerking you around may i suggest filing a complaint with the BBB (better business bureau)? they're actually quite good at making shifty manufacturers reverse "fu*k the customer" decisions.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/electronic-arts-in-san-francisco-ca-64196/file-a-complaint

Sixcess:
Wow.

What is wrong with EA? Just... what is wrong with them?

The answer is actually pretty simple: You.

Well, not you personally, but the collective 'you'. People who buy their shitty games and accept their shitty service are the reason EA can continue to do things like this.

Pandabearparade:

Sixcess:
Wow.

What is wrong with EA? Just... what is wrong with them?

The answer is actually pretty simple: You.

Well, not you personally, but the collective 'you'. People who buy their shitty games and accept their shitty service are the reason EA can continue to do things like this.

I accept responsibility for my part in this. I love the Battlefield games \o/

Op should know his place

What - wha - my - I don't - but - I - I... But - wha!? But - I don't - tacos - but - EA just - But - I - ... - I - But but but but - That doesn't - other guy - profanity - permanent - all your games - WHAT - THIS DOESN'T - But Origin had almost - but I don't - I - I - but -

,,,,,,,,;_;,,,,,,,,

I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING ANYWHERE ANYMORE

Mekado:

MaximumTacos:

Am now almost bored enough to dig up personal cell numbers of CS executives at EA. I will keep you updated.

If EA are jerking you around may i suggest filing a complaint with the BBB (better business bureau)? they're actually quite good at making shifty manufacturers reverse "fu*k the customer" decisions.

http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/electronic-arts-in-san-francisco-ca-64196/file-a-complaint

Not necessarily. Valve, for instance, had an "F" with the BBB mere months ago, but now have a "B+" without actually changing anything. The BBB seems a bit fickle. (I think the BBB getting enough background info and Valve getting older helped raise the grade, but EA is even stronger than Valve in those departments.)

Then again, EA has an A+, so maybe this will make them respond.

lacktheknack:

Mekado:

MaximumTacos:

Not necessarily. Valve, for instance, had an "F" with the BBB mere months ago, but now have a "B+" without actually changing anything. The BBB seems a bit fickle.

I'm not sure about everything that goes into account for their ratings but i do know they helped me settle a problem i had with Activision, after Activision basically told me to go fu*k myself.I went crying to the BBB and lo and behold 20-some days later it was resolved to my satisfaction.

Now, it probably dosen't always work that way, but why not try ? what has the op have to lose ? :)

So I go to sign into Bad Company 2.

One of my non-origin titles. A steam title.

I don't love BC2, it's nothing compared to BF2, but I'm just curious..

http://i41.tinypic.com/x5t8c6.jpg logging in..

http://i39.tinypic.com/2i1jt5k.jpg logging in.............

http://i40.tinypic.com/2aeuq7l.jpg OH HELL NO.

*Contemplates the chaos that could be spread by abusing this apparent flaw of Origin pointed out by OP* ...Too much work to make an account on a forum for a company who almost never makes worthwhile games anymore just to cause a stir.

Anyway I would bitch. You paid for the games, and unless you get refunded your money I don't think they can just be like, "We're taking these back, fuck you."

I'd call the BBB like Mekado says, what have you got to lose?

Kopikatsu:

kaizen2468:
People really ought to either just stay away from origin and EA, or just stay off their dumbass forums

If you really like a game/company/system, don't go on their forums. It's like...a law.

This. I stay far away from official forums, especially those of video game developers. I won't even LOOK at the EA forums, because I fucking love Battlefield 3.

Well, apparently I've lost every EA game I own that uses that account. Even if it isn't on Origin.

Awesome.

I'm going to go troll their asses right now... Muhuhahahha!

Steam, it's better. I own an Origin account but no games.
Origin account + no games = SUPER DUPER TROLLIN.

To the forums, brothers!

Link to this thread for extra-mega-lols.

so....why use the forums in the first place?

Your best course of action would be to spread this around. Spread the fuck out of it.

Post this stuff on every gaming forum you can think of. E-mail your story to gaming news sites, along with as much supporting material as you can gather. People will lap this shit up.

Make enough of a public stink and you won't have to complain to EA, they'll come to you.

I did viral marketing for Golden Palace, 2006-2009.

I think this will be easier than that.

Will you guys bail me out of jail if I get drunk and end up ordering a few carloads of adult clown parties to the homes of EA executives?

For future refrence to you Americans the C word discripter is not gender specific. It's an acronym for Can't Understand Normal Thinking. Thus it is perfectly acceptable to call a male one.

hehehe... i made a good choice avoiding origin all together. i havent trusted ea for a while, even though for years i was rooting for them over activision. activision seems evil. ea now is.

either way. steam ftw. i hope you get your account back though, that really sucks.

well fuck you to EA!
is this even legal?

Sober Thal:
If I'm wrong, then I'm sure people can quote with proof, or just quote me to be obnoxious. Either way, let me be another to say:

Bullshit meter = over 9000

Seriously, you are (possibly) banned for something you did. Get over it. Tell us what you did, what really happened. Stop making accounts on game sites trying to bullshit sympathy/hate out of people. The links you provided are laughable as far as proof is concerned.

it happend before some dick posted a hate comment on the EA forums and lost his Origin account as a result.

PS
my advice would be that anybody who wants to use the EA forums should use a ghost/dummy account.

Sober Thal:
If I'm wrong, then I'm sure people can quote with proof, or just quote me to be obnoxious. Either way, let me be another to say:

Seriously, you are (possibly) banned for something you did. Get over it. Tell us what you did, what really happened. Stop making accounts on game sites trying to bullshit sympathy/hate out of people. The links you provided are laughable as far as proof is concerned.

Would you guys like me to livestream a chat session with some other currymongling support drone? You can watch me give my account information and watch him go through his little script.

Even if - EVEN IF I were guilty of being banned for calling someone a "noob b**** c***," which I did not do, the fact is that EA says what is happening to me cannot happen. That forum bans/suspensions do not affect games.

Are you saying that I am lying and that EA has stated that this is policy? Please advise. :)

The Lugz:

MaximumTacos:

What do you guys think about this?

what do i think? right now i think it's be hilarious to post every swearword in america along with a list of every account name in origin's system

they'd either loose a large market share or revise their dumb-assery,

just a shame i cant do it to activision too..

brb, trolling origin...

I really hope you are gonna do this!

deth2munkies:
Geez, if only there were a way to play EA games without having to use Origin or pay the bastards any money. OH WAIT, *Removed*

I would suggest removing that link as soon as possible. The mods would see that as endorsement and you would most likely get the ban hammer fairly quickly.

OT: That is terrible if this really happened nothing much else to say. Despite how badly I want Battlefield 3 I have thankfully been able to quell the urge to sell my soul to EA.

MaximumTacos:

Sober Thal:

Would you guys like me to livestream a chat session with some other currymongling support drone? You can watch me give my account information and watch him go through his little script.

Even if - EVEN IF I were guilty of being banned for calling someone a "noob b**** c***," which I did not do, the fact is that EA says what is happening to me cannot happen. That forum bans/suspensions do not affect games.

Are you saying that I am lying and that EA has stated that this is policy? Please advise. :)

I am saying that I have no reason to believe you are telling the truth. I would love some proof.

HontooNoNeko:

deth2munkies:
Geez, if only there were a way to play EA games without having to use Origin or pay the bastards any money. OH WAIT, *Removed*

I would suggest removing that link as soon as possible. The mods would see that as endorsement and you would most likely get the ban hammer fairly quickly.

OT: That is terrible if this really happened nothing much else to say. Despite how badly I want Battlefield 3 I have thankfully been able to quell the urge to sell my soul to EA.

I don't mind, I'm making a legitimate point, if they want to interfere, go ahead. SOPA isn't in effect yet, so no one can sue The Escapist over it.

Also pretty sure they've actually linked to that particular site in many of their own news stories, for it to actually be against the rules would seem a bit ridiculous.

I'm not sure if this helps but when I play BF3 I don't ever talk to anyone. I'm the mute jackass behind the AA :)

Sober Thal:

MaximumTacos:

Sober Thal:

I am saying that I have no reason to believe you are telling the truth. I would love some proof.

I'll let you know when I set up a livestream of the next support chat. I can tell you off the top of my head that the support drone will post the same snippet that I have quoted in chat and state it as my offense. If you see it from them officially, would that start to give you a bit of credibility in your eyes?

Then I can try to login to my EA accounts and you can see what happens then.

I don't want to just be accusing EA of rumpburgling me without proof, so definitely tell me the types of proof you want to be provided with and I will get them. People can call shopped on screenshots, and obviously accuse text of anything, so livestreaming seems to be my best bet here.

Even though it has yet to manifest, the Dark Lord SOPA stretches out it ethereal hand to poison the Internet. This is but a taste of what is in store for the World of Geeks should we fail to rally against it.

MaximumTacos:

Sober Thal:

MaximumTacos:

I'll let you know when I set up a livestream of the next support chat. I can tell you off the top of my head that the support drone will post the same snippet that I have quoted in chat and state it as my offense. If you see it from them officially, would that start to give you a bit of credibility in your eyes?

I don't want to just be accusing EA of rumpburgling me without proof, so definitely tell me the types of proof you want to be provided with and I will get them. People can call shopped on screenshots, and obviously accuse text of anything, so livestreaming seems to be my best bet here.

You are saying you did nothing wrong, and were cursed out by someone else without any wrongdoing on your part to get yourself banned, right? If that's the story you want me to believe, you need a credible news source to get a quote from EA about it.

I can have a friend of mine pretend to be customer support on Skype/phone/youtube video ect. for any 'corporation', so could you.

Also, -'currymongling'-? How old are you?

Sober Thal:

MaximumTacos:

Sober Thal:

You are saying you did nothing wrong, and were cursed out by someone else without any wrongdoing on your part to get yourself banned, right? If that's the story you want me to believe, you need a credible news source to get a quote from EA about it.

I can have a friend of mine pretend to be customer support on Skype/phone/youtube video ect. for any 'corporation', so could you.

Also, -'currymongling'-? How old are you?

I just explained that I'd be using the chat support and livestreaming it. You don't really think I'd make a fake copy of EA's support chat? I'm not a web developer.

Again, this isn't about the 'cursing' even though I didn't do what my auto-suspension/ban was for. This is about EA saying that people won't be cut off from games for a forum TOS violation, while it's happening. Does anyone else have a hard time understanding that, or is it just you?

The fact that my 'violation' wasn't actually my violation is secondary to the issue.

With the way you're ignoring that fact and harping in on another tangent, it kind of makes me wonder if you're really in this thread for discussion, or to troll.

MaximumTacos:
I just explained that I'd be using the chat support and livestreaming it. You don't really think I'd make a fake copy of EA's support chat? I'm not a web developer.

Again, this isn't about the 'cursing' even though I didn't do what my auto-suspension/ban was for. This is about EA saying that people won't be cut off from games for a forum TOS violation, while it's happening. Does anyone else have a hard time understanding that, or is it just you?

The fact that my 'violation' wasn't actually my violation is immaterial to the issue.

With the way you're ignoring that fact and harping in on another tangent, it kind of makes me wonder if you're really in this thread for discussion, or to troll.

I doubt your thread, so I must be a troll?

Sorry to offend you.

Keep on keepin on dude. I'll remove edit* my post.

Sober Thal:

Sorry to offend you.

^^ Keep ignoring the bold highlighted section a few posts above. :)

MaximumTacos:

Sober Thal:

Sorry to offend you.

^^ Keep ignoring the bold highlighted section a few posts above. :)

Well, you quoted me again... so...

EDIT: This is also known as the 'Don't be a dick, or we will take away your toy' TOS.

Actually, you can keep the data on your computer, all the ones and zeros, but you need EA's extra service to completely enjoy your game by agreeing with TOS for use of their servers.

If it turns out I am wrong, and you are completely innocent, and EA doesn't give you your account back after probation or whatever, I will dedicate my title to you Max Taco guy. (not that that means anything really)

Cheers!

EDIT: OP, your link was the old TOS, this is the newer one:http://tos.ea.com/legalapp/WEBTERMS/US/en/PC/#section9

I may have missed something, but this sounds almost the same:

They added to the list of violations too:

-"Role-playing" is not an excuse for violating this or any other policy.-

lol

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked