Quick Skyrim Question 2: The Thieves Guild

(Minor spoilers ahead)

My character hates the Thieves Guild. He simply does.

At first he became the Archmage of Winterhold, the Thane of Whiterun, Riften, Morthal and Solitude, he established himself as economic power, he owns property in almost any hold, he has invested in almost any store possible. He joined to get incriminating information on the Black-Briar family, the only family that pose somekind of meager economically threat to his ascension to power.

But inside that guild he is treated like some common lowlife scum. It's embarassing enough to walk in the sewers of the Ratway, but the people there are worse than the Bandits or Foresworn.
Everybody in there treats him like an idiot.
Dirge, Vex, Delvin, Tonilla all are obnoxiously dickheads treating him like shit.

Just try to imagine: You're filthy rich and your supposed to be report to some piss-poor downtrodden fence who has the attitude of a spoilt brat and treats you like shit.

So now he decided to exterminate the Thieves Guild for their insolence and erradicate their presence in Skyrim...
He doesn't care about bounties, he can pay them off. A couple of additional Brotherhood assasins wouldn't be that much of a hassle for his incineration spell, too. As long as it hampers Maven Black-Briar's hold on Skyrim he is fine with it.

BUT these bastards are marked as "essential".
How can you get rid of that?

Mod?
Console command?
Leaving the Guild?
Finishing the main Quest?

Tl:dr?

I don't care about the main quest and if it's broken afterwards, I just don't like these "essential" restriction. What is there to be done?

Damn. There was another thread on essential characters that had a link to a GameFAQ page with the console command. I can't remember what the title was.

Stick with it dude. Thieves Guild main questline gets pretty damn good and you get some badass armor and weapons out of it too.

There's a mod and a SetEssential to 0 console command. You would need the people's ID code but that's easy enough to get.

No idea how to kill them. I wish you could since they annoyed me too. As a righteous character I exterminated the Dark Brotherhood but can't disable the Thief's Guild. Or at least I haven't found out how.

Good luck with it.

SidingWithTheEnemy:
Just try to imagine: You're filthy rich and your supposed to be report to some piss-poor downtrodden fence who has the attitude of a spoilt brat and treats you like shit.

I take it the thieves guild wasn't too happy to see you either, have you talked to them? They're broke on the verge of collapse. You waltz in carrying enough gold to buy half of Tamriel and you expect them to like you?

Also, I'm another one for sticking to it. I wouldn't say the thieves are necessarily bad since they still have values (no killing anyone) but if you do a bunch of the side jobs for them the bar they all hang out in starts to look better.

Limecake:
[...]
I take it the thieves guild wasn't too happy to see you either, have you talked to them? They're broke on the verge of collapse. You waltz in carrying enough gold to buy half of Tamriel and you expect them to like you?

Also, I'm another one for sticking to it. I wouldn't say the thieves are necessarily bad since they still have values (no killing anyone) but if you do a bunch of the side jobs for them the bar they all hang out in starts to look better.

Of course he does expect that, most of them are doing their kind of work for the money.
Additionally he just could start tossing coing in your direction until you like him. That's how corruption works...

He don't need them to be his best friends he just need them to be polite and smiling. They could be as annoying as the adoring fan (200 years before ;-) ) but at least it would have been an appropriate form of conduct.

There might be only one specific way to kill them all (that's how it is with the Dark Brotherhood). I do know there is a woman in Riften who is trying to bring down the Thieves Guild. She's always around the center of town in the day, and she has half of her face painted blue. Maybe she has something to do with it?

I'm not sure, because my character joined them. Though like I said, you can take out the Dark Brotherhood rather than join them. So I guess the same is true for the Thieves Guild.

Yeah that Mjoll the something. Lioness maybe. Anyway when I first talked with her I didn't really know anything and told her I didn't care about the Theives Guild. I'm wondering if she would have started a quest to take them down... since I have 0 pickpocket skill, I can't exactly get in to it anyway.

Nope, mjoll doesn't have a quest to bring them down, her quest is about recovering her sword from a dwemer ruin. After that she'll join you, and you can marry her.

anthony87:
Stick with it dude. Thieves Guild main questline gets pretty damn good and you get some badass armor and weapons out of it too.

Thanks for the info, dude.
But I'm trying to roleplay here. My character is the f*cking Archmage of Winterhold. He can pull more Destructions spells out his ar*e than Manimarco on fire and with magic-diarrhoea.
He could buy his own private army of Mercenaries and wage his private war against the Thalmor.
He has the resources (been collecting ebony for over 150 hours of gameplay) and the ability to forge Ebony weapons for all the officers in his aformentioned army.
We are talking about 100 Soldiers with fully enchanted ebony weapons and armor plus probably close to 2000 grunts in normal armor.

So why does he need some cool armor and weapons? Now I can live with the fact that he doesn't really like to brag about it. I'm okay that they don't treat him with the respect his position and his influence includes. It's enough that some of them know he is the dragon born, but if he is treated disrepectfully at least he should have some appropriate form how to react.

SidingWithTheEnemy:

anthony87:

Thanks for the info, dude.
But I'm trying to roleplay here. My character is the f*cking Archmage of Winterhold. He can pull more Destructions spells out his ar*e than Manimarco on fire and with magic-diarrhoea.
He could buy his own private army of Mercenaries and wage his private war against the Thalmor.
He has the resources (been collecting ebony for over 150 hours of gameplay) and the ability to forge Ebony weapons for all the officers in his aformentioned army.
We are talking about 100 Soldiers with fully enchanted ebony weapons and armor plus probably close to 2000 grunts in normal armor.

So why does he need some cool armor and weapons? Now I can live with the fact that he doesn't really like to brag about it. I'm okay that they don't treat him with the respect his position and his influence includes. It's enough that some of them know he is the dragon born, but if he is treated disrepectfully at least he should have some appropriate form how to react.

Then you should have done Thieve's Guild first, as the very first thing you do while you are piss poor. Because it actually is the best main quest in the game.

Metalhandkerchief:
[...]
Then you should have done Thieve's Guild first, as the very first thing you do while you are piss poor. Because it actually is the best main quest in the game.

Yes, that's what I intend to do with my next playthrough. I just found Riften to be too far away to be interesting for my character, he was more into cremating Draugrs...

Wolfram01:
Yeah that Mjoll the something. Lioness maybe.

Wait....

So now I know who Raj married!

Must....

Find....

Wife Mjoll.....

OT:
Yeah, there is that console command that is like SetEssential, that was in Oblivion, and most of the console commands seemed to have carried over.

Also, to the guy saying that the theives guild will hate him, think about it.
You are rich. VERY RICH. You are used to everyone being your little bitch. And then some small, poor idiot acts like he is better than you.

Well, I think it's FUS RO DAH time.

P.S. I have also noticed that this thread was missing something.... Oh yes....

I used to kill the Thieves Guild, then I took an arrow in the knee.

Metalhandkerchief:

I prefered the Brotherhood, personally.

Though I'm sick to death of my characters being forced through really ridiculous quests to finish a questline. How about some choices? It wouldn't be -that- hard.

I couldn't be bothered to look through it as it's long, but here is a list of console commands for the PC version http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_(Skyrim) One of them might sort out what you want.
If it's not on there I imagine you'll have to wait for a mod or something to come along
Also, interesting thoughts man. I do roleplay a bit, but I've never thought about my character anywhere near as in depth as you obviously have

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked