Command & Conquer Generals 2 confirmed!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

As the title says.

Source: http://www.gamesstrike.com/foren/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F5063-official-cnc-anouncement-it-is-generals-2%2F

I'm SO INSANELY EXCITED!
What about the rest of you? I for one loved the first Generals.

Sunrider84:

As did I.

Is it ok to be skeptical?

Lately ea has really fucked up rts games.... so I'm expecting them to fuck this up also. Why the fuck is bioware involved in this? I mean where are the people who did red alert 3, that was good shit, or better yet, go back in time and don't dissolve westwood.

Worgen:
Lately ea has really fucked up rts games.... so I'm expecting them to fuck this up also. Why the fuck is bioware involved in this? I mean where are the people who did red alert 3, that was good shit, or better yet, go back in time and don't dissolve westwood.

Bioware recently opened up a new studio, so it won't be the Dragon Age / Mass Effect people working on this.

Nimcha:

Sunrider84:

As did I.

Is it ok to be skeptical?

Of course. I should be skeptical, but Generals is one of my favorite RTS games, so I can't help being so excited.

Oh come on.

EA hurt Red Alert with the laughably forgettable Red Alert 3.
EA destroyed C&C proper with the abominable C&C4.
Now EA is trying to make a sequel to Command & Conquercraft?

That series was the red-headed stepchild of C&C fans. It was nothing more than an attempt to replicate Starcraft's playstyle. With Starcraft 2 dominating the RTS field, EA doesn't stand a chance.

Plus, it'll probably be on Origin and it'll probably have no in-game search and it'll have chunks taken out to make room for DLC and mappacks.
EA also doesn't seem to understand what the "modding" community is.

No tank you. Give me a proper C&C Game.

Great!

If...

They can keep General's typical, slower paced gameplay. That's what made it one of the last RTS' I could effectively play, because I had the time to do what I wanted. I don't want a super-fast StarCraft clone or a small-scale Company of Heroes clone.

Just let Generals be Generals, and I'll be a happy camper. Seeing as how they treated C&C lately, I'm skeptical.

Sunrider84:

Worgen:

Bioware recently opened up a new studio, so it won't be the Dragon Age / Mass Effect people working on this.

Thats not that inspiring, I mean bioware does some good stuff but ea is starting to push them into a whole bunch of game types that they have no experience with and just using their name as a marketing tool... ea is trying to make bioware ea's blizzard.

That source seems fairly sketchy, but considering the whole "C&C Alliances" title being bounced around, and the more realistic footage, it probably will be a Generals successor if not in name.

Absolutionis:
Oh come on.

That series was the red-headed stepchild of C&C fans. It was nothing more than an attempt to replicate Starcraft's playstyle. With Starcraft 2 dominating the RTS field, EA doesn't stand a chance.

Plus, it'll probably be on Origin and it'll probably have no in-game search and it'll have chunks taken out to make room for DLC and mappacks.

I agree to what you are saying about RA3 and C&C4, and I don't think Generals 2 will be able to compete with Starcraft 2, but I still want this game. I don't personally care if it competes with Starcraft 2, I just want it to be a good game, like the first Generals was.

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Airforce General all the way.

...Well, I loved C&C generals...
...Though I doubt this one will come on Steam, so I doubt I'll get it...

Worgen:

Sunrider84:

Worgen:

Thats not that inspiring, I mean bioware does some good stuff but ea is starting to push them into a whole bunch of game types that they have no experience with and just using their name as a marketing tool... ea is trying to make bioware ea's blizzard.

What I meant was "It's hard to expect anything, since this will be the first game coming out of this studio". Not saying it will be good or bad because it carries the name Bioware.

Stopdoor:
That source seems fairly sketchy, but considering the whole "C&C Alliances" title being bounced around, and the more realistic footage, it probably will be a Generals successor if not in name.

It was posted on Westwood Studios facebook page, so I'm guessing it's legit. Can't guarrantee it, I suppose, but I don't see a reason for it to be fake either.

Ummm....I tried looking on both Origin and the Origin website. Neither showed up so I am skeptical of the image as it shows the Origin symbol. Besides, I would rather hear from EA it self in regards to this.

*Edit. Found trailer.

Sunrider84:

Worgen:

Sunrider84:

What I meant was "It's hard to expect anything, since this will be the first game coming out of this studio". Not saying it will be good or bad because it carries the name Bioware.

I just fully expect ea to fuck it up, lately they have been doing allot of that, the backend of bf3 sucked, the last rts they published was an abomination, lots of people were pissed off about dragon age 2 for some reason, and they seem to be banning people from their games on origin if someone else even curses and says your name.

huh...
I still have bad memories of C&C4...

Worgen:

Sunrider84:

Worgen:

I just fully expect ea to fuck it up, lately they have been doing allot of that, the backend of bf3 sucked, the last rts they published was an abomination, lots of people were pissed off about dragon age 2 for some reason, and they seem to be banning people from their games on origin if someone else even curses and says your name.

I don't care for EA either, but hopefully the developing studio will get some freedom in this, seeing as they are a new studio, wanting to prove themselves and so on. It might be the other way around, with EA holding the reins really tight, but I hope not.
Either way, it's hard to say before any more news is released.

Sunrider84:

Worgen:

Sunrider84:

I don't care for EA either, but hopefully the developing studio will get some freedom in this, seeing as they are a new studio, wanting to prove themselves and so on. It might be the other way around, with EA holding the reins really tight, but I hope not.

Well its probably best to err on the side of "ea will fuck this up somehow", since they seem to be doing allot of that lately, especially when pc games are involved.

Worgen:

Sunrider84:

Worgen:

Well its probably best to err on the side of "ea will fuck this up somehow", since they seem to be doing allot of that lately, especially when pc games are involved.

I want to share that sentiment, but I can't help but feel really excited about Generals 2. I want it SO BAD.

just maintain the idea of making everything overpowered = balance and this game will be good

Sweet!

The original C&C, original Red Alert and Generals were the only three C&C games that really stand out to me.

Here's hoping they strike gold again with Generals 2.

Worgen:

Sunrider84:

Worgen:

Really? People complained about DA2? It's one of the few games I can play over and over and still have tons of fun with. Anyways, I agree with everyone else that the potential failure of Generals 2 is not to be underestimated... Still, it would be awesome if they made it like the first Generals, except better, with more content (WITHOUT having to buy boatloads of DLC's).

What a waste Bioware. I am disappointed. Would have been nice to see a game that has story and plot interaction instead of a friggin RTS...

Oh well. I'm glad that other people are glad and excited over this at least.

What a fucking disappointment. New BioWare game! Get pumped! Oh. Nevermind. It is a fucking Command and Conquer sequel.

I thought it was going to be some new RPG franchise. But, no...

Red Alert 3 was crap compared to Red Alert 2
C&C 4 was shit compared to everything

EA doesn't know how to make C&C games. I highly doubt this will change soon.

Even though I own every C&C game ever released apart from the aforementioned pile of shit it would take quite a lot to get this game.

But hey at least its not a FPS.

As long as this doesn't interfere with Bioware's other properties (i.e RPGs) then I'm fine and if I understand correctly, it's a different Bioware studio working on it so that's fine by me. I'm not interested in the game, never been a C&C fan myself. However, I hope it rocks for all the fans out there.

Yeah, that was disappointing to me. But at least RTS fans will be happy...

Absolutionis:
Oh come on.

...Nevermind. Happiness is a lie.

Worgen:

Never.

Worgen:

go back in time and don't dissolve westwood.

forget.

Let's hope Bioware have fans of the series in their.

I enjoyed Generals to a point, it got a little boring for me after a while however.

When they posted a preview art of the game a couple weeks ago, I would never expected it to be a C&C game.
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/11/db30dabd67ff8fcd3a7d59d4add288fa.jpg

I still want another Jade Empire game BioWare!

I always considered myself more of an Red Alert fan (with its tongue-in-cheek humor and campy cinematics), it also introduced me into the series. But I also enjoyed the other installments, even Generals, which I thought had strong game-mechanics but bad story. The only C&C game I didn't enjoy, was C&C 4 ... but I thing I'm not the only one that things this way.

Bioware was always strong with storytelling, even if it's a new studio that will develop the game, they will still be supervised by their parent company, so my hopes are high that the story won't be a mess this time. Let's just hope they don't mess up the game-mechanics.

Also, I'm positive that they only opened a new studio for case the game bombs, so they can close it to minimize the losses.

Baldr:
When they posted a preview art of the game a couple weeks ago, I would never expected it to be a C&C game.
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2011/11/db30dabd67ff8fcd3a7d59d4add288fa.jpg

I still want another Jade Empire game BioWare!

Ohh, yeah that makes sense now. That's an Arab League pickup with mounted gun getting blown the fook up. Still, I wasn't expecting that either.

My little brother will be happy, he loves Generals with a passion that possibly equals even the OPs. And, I always enjoy a good campaign mode so it looks like I'll get to play it.

Absolutionis:
Oh come on.

You just made me very, very happy to be a console gamer. What is this "origin" you speak of?

DO WANT. DO VERY MUCH WANT.

it looks great :D

And its being created by god damn Bioware. If anyone can do something new and interesting with the series, its them.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked