Which province will the next Elder Scrolls game be set in?
Valenwood
11.3% (8)
11.3% (8)
Summerset Isle
16.9% (12)
16.9% (12)
Hammerfell
15.5% (11)
15.5% (11)
High Rock
7% (5)
7% (5)
Elsweyr
23.9% (17)
23.9% (17)
Blackmarsh
14.1% (10)
14.1% (10)
Other
11.3% (8)
11.3% (8)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Where do you think The Elder Scrolls VI will be set?

Now that we all know at least the general story of TES V: Skyrim, it's time to engage in needless speculation! You'll notice that in the poll, I left out Morrowind, Cyrodill, and Skyrim. That's because those three were already the settings of "major" TES games. Provinces from the lesser-known entries in the series such as Arena, Daggerfall, and Redguard, are still fair game in my eyes.

Personally, I vote for Valenwood. Since we are probably all in agreement that the next game will involve taking the fight to the Thalmor, it seems like the obvious choice would be a place where they have a strong foothold, but could believably be divided over that fact. Obviously, Summerset Isle would be a difficult place to work against them, being the seat of their power, and Hammerfell would lack intrigue, being an open war between the two groups. So we turn to Valenwood, home of the Bosmer. They were essentially conscripted into the Aldmeri Dominion, and are likely more sympathetic to non-Mer races. Additionally, the setting could easily be just as impressive as Skyrim, with cities built into the treetops and natural splendor abounding. Perhaps the Altmer despoil the land to fund their war effort? Only time will tell if this prediction is correct. What do YOU think, Escapist?

I doubt they will show the next war with the Thalmor. They will probably jump another 200yr. Im hoping for High Rock. As long as the next one is just as good or better I don't care where it's set.

I'd love to see the deserts of Hammerfell in a game.

Although... if it's gonna be another 5 years or so until the next Elder Scrolls game, that'll be well into the next generation of video game consoles, so the technical capabilities available will be much higher than now. It may be possible for the next game to take place across all of Tamriel.

I personally think the whole Thalmor situation will be covered and over with in the Skyrim downloadable content/expansion packs.

I think the next Elder Scrolls game will take place in a completely different culture. So far, we've had an Elven culture (Morrowind) and two human cultures, so I think the next one will be set in either Elsweyr or Black Marsh, of which I'd imagine the former being more accessible. High Rock is also an option, where they could really expand on the Orcish cultures there, but that is unlikely.

Elder Scrolls VI: Inner Space

There will be a series of Daedric space crafts and islands, and 1 has the capacity to teleport you back to the planet's surface, but it's broken. You need to find an elder scroll to reactivate it, but the dwemer have the technology to fix the magic and they aren't willing to cooperate.

Yep. I went there.

Well I don't think this, but I hope next one is on Summerset. Should be interesting, especially now with Thalmor running the show there.

Where do I want it? Hammerfell (yeah, I know we've been there before).
Where do I think it will be? Summerset Isles

MOTHERFUCKIN AKAVIR! A whole new continent/country which hasn't been explored in any of the games..

Anyway, I feel like they'll be going south next to Elsweyr or something, and I'd be cool with that. Getting out of the forest and into the desert.

Most of the places have already been covered, in Arena. (Unless I've got my wires crossed and Arena wasn't the one)

That said, like with TES 3, 4 and 5, they could easily be remade with more depth and content. I'd not mind High Rock or Elsweyr.

I'd like to see Black Marsh, of course the level of civilization present there has never really been fully explained. I'd like to see tropical jungles, mostly because it'd be such a big departure from everything we've seen in the TES series. As for the whole Thalmor thing, as stated above, Bethesda generally skips ahead a century or two whenever a new game is released, so I doubt we'll see anymore of that except for expansions.

Valenwood. Not only is it a popular concept, but I think that they're starting to set up the Thalmor, and a good step to that would be Valenwood (as it is the wood elves, if I'm correct.) since it's a bit like the minor part of the Silver-Gold (Whatever it's called D: ) concordat.

denseWorm:
Most of the places have already been covered, in Arena. (Unless I've got my wires crossed and Arena wasn't the one)

That said, like with TES 3, 4 and 5, they could easily be remade with more depth and content. I'd not mind High Rock or Elsweyr.

atleast 3 should be remade, but it might be left for the modders...

denseWorm:

That's right, you could travel the entire continent + the Summerset Isles in Arena. But if the last several games are anything to go on, they'll just borrow the very basic layout and change everything else as they see fit. Skyrim in Arena and Skyrim in, uh, Skyrim are two very different things, for example. Even though they share some of the same towns.

I think Hammerfell would be the logical next step. After the Great War, they are in the same position as Skyrim, except they are now their own power. No doubt the Empire may attempt to re-ally themselves with them again.

And it's setting is just like Arabia. How awesome is that? Imagine trekking through deserts, strolling through magnificent stone structures and domes with palm trees and an oasis, the vibrant sunsets, and exploring their ancient tombs (which largely resemble Egypt)?

Thanks, but first of all i think Besthsada should have a huge vote on where the next location should be I for one would like to see it in Elsywer or Blackmarsh. Your Friend James Hadler

I've got this funny feeling we won't be killing off the Thalmor any time soon. They might be causing trouble for the next two or three games. Playing the part of bad guys who aren't quite as bad as whatever thing wants to end the world this week and are more of a hassle to the player.

They have really shook up the politics of the elder scrolls world and I really hope they aren't gotten rid of anytime soon. Peace is boring.

Id like to see Hammerfell. Vale wood sounds cool except for the fact it's full of annoying wood elves.

It would be nice if we went to Hammerfell

It is said the ancient Redguards contained many of their old sword-singing powers in cube-shaped rocks and that they are scattered through the desert, it would allow them to make another game with a voice like power but also different.

Sword-Singing is a power I have longed to see in a elder scrolls game, the ancient Redguards CUT ATOMS WITH SWORDS, using the Sword-Singing powers, imagine how boss that would be.

They could even possibly make the playable-character THE HOONDING, the ancient Redguard god of make-way, the third strongest being in the ES universe only behind Talos and Vivec.

CUTTING
ATOMS
WITH
SWORDS

Seriously, how much more badass can you get?

so im not the only one that believes Elsweyr will be the next setting..the name is great..i have no idea how to pronounce it

xshadowscreamx:
so im not the only one that believes Elsweyr will be the next setting..the name is great..i have no idea how to pronounce it

It is pronounced like

else-where

SajuukKhar:

xshadowscreamx:

It is pronounced like

else-where

now i know for sure

SajuukKhar:
It would be nice if we went to Hammerfell

It is said the ancient Redguards contained many of their old sword-singing powers in cube-shaped rocks and that they are scattered through the desert, it would allow them to make another game with a voice like power but also different.

Sword-Singing is a power I have longed to see in a elder scrolls game, the ancient Redguards CUT ATOMS WITH SWORDS, using the Sword-Singing powers, imagine how boss that would be.

They could even possibly make the playable-character THE HOONDING, the ancient Redguard god of make-way, the third strongest being in the ES universe only behind Talos and Vivec.

CUTTING
ATOMS
WITH
SWORDS

Seriously, how much more badass can you get?

So that's why the Thalmor can't take over Hammerfell XD

The Elder Scrolls:
Tamriel:
That's Right All Of It
You'll Never Escape Us Now Edition

Fieldy409:

Actually most of the masters of sword-sining died when The Redguards blew up thier original homeland by breaking the laws of reality too much.

The cutting atoms technique has been lost to time.

Even Vivec, who knows a counter maneuver for every type of sword style, doesn't know how to defend against it.

The best sword-singers alive now only know the most basic sword singing techniques.
Before the Redguards could spawn swords with their minds, create beams of light using their willpower that could cut through everything, stored their secrets in cube-shaped rocks, and could cut atoms.

The old Redguards were basically like Jedi, had lightsabers, the force, and uses holocrons.

SajuukKhar:

Fieldy409:

Actually most of the master of sword-sining died when The Redguards blew up thier original homeland by breaking the laws of relaity too much.

The cutting atoms technique has been lost to time.

Even vivec, who knows a counter maneuveor for every type of sword style doesnt know how to defend agassint it.

Your knowledge of elder scrolls is boss... Have you played them all or have you spent a lot of time looking at wikis?

Fieldy409:
Your knowledge of elder scrolls is boss... Have you played them all or have you spent a lot of time looking at wikis?

I've played them all but a good chuck of the lore comes from the game devs talking about stuff in interviews, and stories they write.

I also lurk in the lore forums and read about the newest stuff Michael Kirkbirde has made.

Kirkbride is a former Beth dev who left Beth like 10 years ago but he is still on good terms with them and they hire him to write lore for the games.

His stuff gets mentioned in the games often, even the stuff Beth didn't actually hire him to write and he just wrote himself, his works are considered by the community to be "canon" though some of the wikis dont allow his stuff on them.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked