Let's Play: Knights of the Old Republic COMPLETE

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Soviet Heavy:
What happened to the sith troopers? Their armor looks like the graphics messed up pretty bad.

I'm played the first installment on my new Laptop, though, after this debacle, I'll be switching back to my old PC for future updates, which should fix the graphical issues.

So... when do we get the next uppdate?

Wow. If I'd known about dat ass, I might have kept trying at the game after it annoyed/crashed on me the first time.

UPDATE TWO: SO MANY WORDS

Sorry how long this update took, been busy with work. But, I will not keep you waiting any longer!

This one's pretty much just a conversation with Carth, but we'll get to the meat and potatoes tomorrow. Again, sorry about the wait, and here's to a brighter future!

MacNille:
So... when do we get the next uppdate?

Now. Sorry about the delay, I've had to get settled into a new job. But, we'll have an update-a-day for the rest of the week to make up for it!

UPDATE TWO-2: INSERT OBLIGATORY HIVE OF SCUM AND VILLAINY JOKE

That's right, pulling a Square Enix here! Not much happened in the last update, so we're gonna split it.

Whew, that was a long update. Hopefully that was worth the delay. Come back tomorrow, for more KOTOR nonsense. Any comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated.

Oh, and a question to tide you over: for those of you that have played both games, do you prefer Taris on KOTOR, or Taris in The Old Republic? Personally, I like the Old Republic version a bit better, especially the questline where you see what happened to the undercity tribe.

I prefer it in TOR. Except for all those damn Rakghouls. I hate those fuckers. Also can't we be nicer when we get to Dantioone? We can say that our charchter are putting on an act for the jedi.

Lol, the Sith Officer that invites you to the party reminds me of the moron rage face:

My, this game hasn't aged very well, has it?

ThaBenMan:
Lol, the Sith Officer that invites you to the party reminds me of the moron rage face:

My, this game hasn't aged very well, has it?

Oh, god, the faces. The faces! There are so many things wrong with the faces in this game. But, at least they have faces, other than the Baldur's Gate games and Neverwinter Nights which give you a load of portraits that never seem to fit with the character I want to make. Progress is measured in faces.

MacNille:
I prefer it in TOR. Except for all those damn Rakghouls. I hate those fuckers. Also can't we be nicer when we get to Dantioone? We can say that our charchter are putting on an act for the jedi.

Well, the way I'm gonna work it is that every time a major choice turns up, there will be a vote. Light side choice, or Dark side choice. If the Light Side Choice is picked, then our character will be nicer, until a dark side choice is made, and vice versa. Initial votes weighed heavily in favor of dark side, but hopefully we'll get some light side stuff in there soon.

MacNille:
I prefer it in TOR. Except for all those damn Rakghouls. I hate those fuckers. Also can't we be nicer when we get to Dantioone? We can say that our character are putting on an act for the jedi.

You can actually put on an act for the jedi, every time you talk to 'em you can actually lie about what your gonna do. Plus, the side-quest there was really fun dark side.

UPDATE 2-3: CARTH ONASI: HERO. SAVIOR. PERVERT.

Time to finish off this week's trilogy of updates with a triple threat of heroic theft, death-defying drunkards, and incredibly awkward come-ons.

That's all for today, escapists! Tune in again for the next exciting installment in KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC: ADVENTURES OF CARTH THE PERVERT AND VAREN THE DISNEY VILLAIN

Oh, a LP of KOTOR? I was looking for one of these.

Fanned, my friend. I'd love to be a part of this.

EDIT: Oh, I should also add that I myself am not very good at making character builds either, unless I sit down with a pen and paper for half an hour.

CM156:

EDIT: Oh, I should also add that I myself am not very good at making character builds either, unless I sit down with a pen and paper for half an hour.

I once made a D&D character so mind bogglingly awful that I was stabbed through the gut by my own companions so that I would re-roll and spare them my utter uselessness.

That event has given me a crippling fear of building characters.

woodaba:

CM156:

I once made a D&D character so mind bogglingly awful that I was stabbed through the gut by my own companions so that I would re-roll and spare them my utter uselessness.

That event has given me a crippling fear of building characters.

I remember playing Neverwinter Nights 2 for the first time. My Paladin was SO poorly built that I'm shocked I was able to beat the final boss in MotB without turning on God-mode

I always find it humorous that the dice-rolls are at work even in the scenes that play out, such as the Duros being shot as you leave the apartment. Because of this, you'll have these ridiculous scenes where the attackers will miss several times from mere feet away. Though that kind of fits in with the Star Wars universe...

DustyDrB:
I always find it humorous that the dice-rolls are at work even in the scenes that play out, such as the Duros being shot as you leave the apartment. Because of this, you'll have these ridiculous scenes where the attackers will miss several times from mere feet away. Though that kind of fits in with the Star Wars universe...

It was the same way with Bioware games all the way until Jade Empire.

For example, at the start if Baldur's Gate, if you do some console manipulation, you can
make Gorion not actually be killed by Sarevok. Due to scripting, he dies anyway, but it's pretty interesting seeing how programmers worked back in what I like to call the golden age of RPGs.

A KOTOR LP. I may keep an eye on this, looks good so far.

This is my favourite LP ever. Can't wait to see more.

endtherapture:

Wow! Thanks, man!

woodaba:

endtherapture:

Wow! Thanks, man!

As I mentioned, I was thinking to myself "I need to find a good KOTOR LP." Then I found yours. You're doing a great job so far.

I saw you mentioned Mask of the Betrayer. I take it you're a fan of that game?

CM156:

woodaba:

endtherapture:

Wow! Thanks, man!

As I mentioned, I was thinking to myself "I need to find a good KOTOR LP." Then I found yours. You're doing a great job so far.

Mask of the Betrayer is, in my mind, the best expansion ever released for any game. Throne of Baal comes close, but it just can't beat the awesomeness that is Mask of the Betrayer. My only problem with it is that its an expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2, which, while a good game in its own right, shrivles beneath the shadow of the Mask.

Storm of Zehir was quite good as well, I saw it as the Icewind Dale 3 that we never got. But, I digress. Mask of the Betrayer tells one of the best stories the medium has ever seen, has spectacularly good writing (though not quite Planescape: Torment or KOTOR 2 standard) and the standard incredibly deep D&D character customization. I really suck at it though.

woodaba:

CM156:

woodaba:

Wow! Thanks, man!

Mask of the Betrayer is, in my mind, the best expansion ever released for any game. Throne of Baal comes close, but it just can't beat the awesomeness that is Mask of the Betrayer. My only problem with it is that its an expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2, which, while a good game in its own right, shrivles beneath the shadow of the Mask.

Storm of Zehir was quite good as well, I saw it as the Icewind Dale 3 that we never got. But, I digress. Mask of the Betrayer tells one of the best stories the medium has ever seen, has spectacularly good writing (though not quite Planescape: Torment or KOTOR 2 standard) and the standard incredibly deep D&D character customization. I really suck at it though.

I would go so far as to call it my favorite RPG if not my favorite game, of all time. MotB, that is. Yeah, NWN2 compared to Mask is rather... weak.

That makes 3 of us LPers on this forum who are huge fans of that game.

Wow - I never did a female playthrough of KOTOR so I don't recall seeing that skeezy side of Carth's character.

Keep up the good work, I'm following this with interest :)

UPDATE THREE: DON'T FRACK WITH CALO NORD

Sorry for the delay on this one, I had nearly finished it, when my browser crashed on me. I'll have plenty of free time this weekend, though, so we'll have plenty of updates then.

Alright, question time! What is your personal favorite introduction for any character? They can be from a game, movie, book, whatever you like.

Thanks for reading! Next part will hopefully go up tomorrow.

LOL - don't think I remember the dancer scene, or at least I don't remember getting the opportunity to get involved and screw it up. Nice. Was there an alternative solution if you're playing a male character, or did it just not appear at all?

As for introductions, in terms of badassery one of my favourites would have to be Vasquez in Aliens, culminating with the immortal lines:

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez: No - have you?

:P

woodaba:
Damn, she just insulted a wookiee straight to its face! This girls got balls. I LOVE BALLS!
...wait.

Line of the day.

That made me laugh so much my roommate asked what I was doing.

Alright, question time! What is your personal favorite introduction for any character? They can be from a game, movie, book, whatever you like.
Thanks for reading! Next part will hopefully go up tomorrow.

Can I say "One of Many" from Mask of the Betrayer?

EEEEEVVVVIIIILLL!

AD-Stu:
LOL - don't think I remember the dancer scene, or at least I don't remember getting the opportunity to get involved and screw it up. Nice. Was there an alternative solution if you're playing a male character, or did it just not appear at all?

As for introductions, in terms of badassery one of my favourites would have to be Vasquez in Aliens, culminating with the immortal lines:

Hudson: Hey Vasquez, have you ever been mistaken for a man?
Vasquez: No - have you?

:P

Normally, you just help her out and she goes on her merry way. This is kinda the "Evil" route, but it really doesn't affect anything. It's just absolutely hilarious.

Carlo Nord was a badass, but a little too short for my tast.

Update 4: The Riddler Strikes Again

Need some advice from you guys. There's a LOOOONG exposition scene in this one, and it drags on. Do you want me to cut said scenes in the future, summing up what they say, or is what I'm doing now all right?

woodaba:

Need some advice from you guys. There's a LOOOONG exposition scene in this one, and it drags on. Do you want me to cut said scenes in the future, summing up what they say, or is what I'm doing now all right?

What you're doing now is good.

My my my, though. This is a good game. Your character is kinda an asshole, though.

CM156:

woodaba:

My my my, though. This is a good game. Your character is kinda an asshole, though.

Yeah... I'm usually (read: all the goddamn time) the light side guy in any game, but we did an initial vote on what our initial alignment was, and Evil came out as the overwhelming majority. We'll get a chance to change later on, though.

woodaba:

CM156:

woodaba:

Yeah... I'm usually (read: all the goddamn time) the light side guy in any game, but we did an initial vote on what our initial alignment was, and Evil came out as the overwhelming majority. We'll get a chance to change later on, though.

I usually play the "Lawful Good" character as well. Almost to the point of suicidal stupidity and complete disregard for one's own life.

There are romances in this game, correct?

CM156:

woodaba:

CM156:

I usually play the "Lawful Good" character as well. Almost to the point of suicidal stupidity and complete disregard for one's own life.

Yes... but they are infamously terrible. There's one for each sex, and the female one in particular is awful. It's essentially just Carth saying "I know you want me" and the Player Character going "No you're a sexist pig." And then they fall in love. Somehow. The Male one is decent, but they are a far cry from Jade Empire and Dragon Age's romances, which I thought were really well done.

woodaba:

CM156:

woodaba:

Yes... but they are infamously terrible. There's one for each sex, and the female one in particular is awful. It's essentially just Carth saying "I know you want me" and the Player Character going "No you're a sexist pig." And then they fall in love. Somehow. The Male one is decent, but they are a far cry from Jade Empire and Dragon Age's romances, which I thought were really well done.

I see. It is Bioware, after all. They're known for having some pretty silly romance options.

I'm interested to see exactly how bad they get - the only time I've ever played this game through to the end I opted to avoid the romance because I played my character as the goodiest of goody-two-shoes and... well, we all saw how badly getting laid turned out for Anikin, didn't we :P

The way you're handling the long conversations looks fine to me BTW.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked