Let's Play: Knights of the Old Republic COMPLETE

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 17 NEXT

My God, the Jedi council in this game is dense. I hadn't done an evil run of this game in a long time, so I forgot.

For your question: I was gonna say New Vegas too. I love how a lot of the main quests tie in to the main story, or at least flesh out the big factions some more.

And Honest Hearts has that amazing side quest where you take a tribal drug, trip balls, and fight a gigantic flaming Yao Guai.

DustyDrB:
My God, the Jedi council in this game is dense. I hadn't done an evil run of this game in a long time, so I forgot.

For your question: I was gonna say New Vegas too. I love how a lot of the main quests tie in to the main story, or at least flesh out the big factions some more.

And Honest Hearts has that amazing side quest where you take a tribal drug, trip balls, and fight a gigantic flaming Yao Guai.

I remember that. That's what I call a Mind Screw. Easily made up for the rest of Honest Hearts, which did not compare favorably to the rest of F:NV's amazing DLC packs.

woodaba:

DustyDrB:

I remember that. That's what I call a Mind Screw. Easily made up for the rest of Honest Hearts, which did not compare favorably to the rest of F:NV's amazing DLC packs.

Actually, I really liked Honest Hearts. Though that could just be because you got a .45 in it. Those are my favorite handgun

Also, as a gun nut, I found the reference to Browning's LDS faith to be a bit funny as well.

You know, he also made a water-cooled machine gun. Think about THAT in a fallout game

CM156:

woodaba:

DustyDrB:

Actually, I really liked Honest Hearts. Though that could just be because you got a .45 in it. Those are my favorite handgun

Also, as a gun nut, I found the reference to Browning's LDS faith to be a bit funny as well.

You know, he also made a water-cooled machine gun. Think about THAT in a fallout game

Honest Hearts wasn't bad, but compared to the comedic gold of Old World Blues, and the amazing stories of Dead Money and Lonesome Road, it came off a little weak. The fact that it was the only one not involving God-Among-Men Chris Avellone may have been part of the problem.

woodaba:

CM156:

woodaba:

Honest Hearts wasn't bad, but compared to the comedic gold of Old World Blues, and the amazing stories of Dead Money and Lonesome Road, it came off a little weak. The fact that it was the only one not involving God-Among-Men Chris Avellone may have been part of the problem.

Ah. I was unaware that Chris Avellone wasn't a part of it. He's pretty good at what he does, I think. No doubt to me.

Also, I got a collection PC disk for Star Wars, that includes KOTOR. So I'll have to give that a try soon

woodaba:

CM156:

woodaba:

Josh Sawyer is a pretty capable individual himself, though. I'm with you on Honest Hearts. I love it. It's probably tied with Old World Blues as the best New Vegas expansion for me. Makes me want to go hiking (damn knee).

woodaba:
*snip*

Woo, we're almost returning to normality from the ME3 madness!

As for the investigation, I'm happy with just a summary as opposed to every single line of dialog - it's been long enough since I've played the game that I don't remember exactly how the whole thing went down, but I do remember an awful lot of talking. Enjoyable talking while you're in-game, but I totally see your point.

UPDATE 16: KoTOR Noire

We do have a choice to make this update, but I would like to pose another choice here. It's around this time that we should probably think about what kind of lightsaber(s) we're going to use. We can have:

A) Dual Lightsabers

B) Double-Bladed Lightsaber

C) Single Lightsaber.

The most popular choice will be dictate the spec I begin building. Note that, especially with Dual Lightsabers, its difficult to get use them effectively for quite a while, so it may be some time before we get to see the benefits.

Dual lightsabers, definitely, just because I'm a sucker for the rapier-and-dagger school of fighting.

Neutral, and Dual Lightsabers cos Dual Lightsabers fucking rock.

endtherapture:
Neutral, and Dual Lightsabers cos Dual Lightsabers fucking rock.

As good a justifacation as any :D

woodaba:
UPDATE 16: KoTOR Noire

We do have a choice to make this update, but I would like to pose another choice here. It's around this time that we should probably think about what kind of lightsaber(s) we're going to use. We can have:

A) Dual Lightsabers

B) Double-Bladed Lightsaber

C) Single Lightsaber.

The most popular choice will be dictate the spec I begin building. Note that, especially with Dual Lightsabers, its difficult to get use them effectively for quite a while, so it may be some time before we get to see the benefits.

I would say single lightsaber. Go for the classic.

As for the choice: I say dark side. You're already pretty much evil

CM156:

Never too late to redeem ourselves, especially in this game, where morality points are thrown at you at mach speed.

woodaba:

CM156:

Never too late to redeem ourselves, especially in this game, where morality points are thrown at you at mach speed.

Eh, I think evil at this point is the way to go

You're right though. I'm at the third planet, and I'm already at full light side points. What do those do again, anyways?

CM156:

woodaba:

CM156:

You're right though. I'm at the third planet, and I'm already at full light side points. What do those do again, anyways?

Powers corresponding to your alignment are much cheaper to cast, but powers of the opposite alignment become ridiculously expensive to cast. For example, Varen would be able to pull of a force lightning easily, at minimal cost, whereas if your character tried that, it would probably drain their entire force meter.

KoTOR II keeps this system, but adds an exclusive power for each alignment, and stat bonuses that fit with your alignment, e.g, Light Siders become more wise and charismatic, whereas Dark Siders become stronger and faster.

woodaba:

CM156:

woodaba:

Powers corresponding to your alignment are much cheaper to cast, but powers of the opposite alignment become ridiculously expensive to cast. For example, Varen would be able to pull of a force lightning easily, at minimal cost, whereas if your character tried that, it would probably drain their entire force meter.

KoTOR II keeps this system, but adds an exclusive power for each alignment, and stat bonuses that fit with your alignment, e.g, Light Siders become more wise and charismatic, whereas Dark Siders become stronger and faster.

Well, that makes sense, then. Personally, I prefer light side powers, and I mostly use my lightsaber anyways. Fun game so far, though. Really liking the NPCs

Kill them all! And dual lightsabers.

Dark Side. Absolutely dark side. Most of the dark side choices in this game make me cringe at how pointlessly stupid they are, but these people are all so annoying that they should be killed.

Also, chalk one more vote up for dual lightsabers because, as has been pointed out above, the really do fucking rock.

First things first, and another tally to the Dark sided Dual lightsabers approach.

Secondly

woodaba:
A logical question. I've played this game several times, and not once have I found anything that resolves the Casus plotline. Maybe I'm just incompetent, but it just seems like cut content to me.

You CAN find his body, I found it it the Xbox version. It's along the right side path. It doesn't prevent this whole thing mind you, it just turns his father in to the "Well....he COULD have killed him!" state of mind.

sage42:
First things first, and another tally to the Dark sided Dual lightsabers approach.

Secondly

woodaba:
A logical question. I've played this game several times, and not once have I found anything that resolves the Casus plotline. Maybe I'm just incompetent, but it just seems like cut content to me.

You CAN find his body, I found it it the Xbox version. It's along the right side path. It doesn't prevent this whole thing mind you, it just turns his father in to the "Well....he COULD have killed him!" state of mind.

Wow, I never knew that. Really says something about my general level of competence.

dual lightsaber darkside! cause with this class the lightsaber you are using does not matter as much except looks and Varen von BadDoom is always chaotic evil

woodaba:

sage42:

Secondly

woodaba:

Wow, I never knew that. Really says something about my general level of competence.

I think it speaks more to the game design, in that something which in the ordinary course of things would be important can have such little impact.

Case in point: I remembered how the whole Romeo-and-Juliet bit of this plot played out (it seriously must have been three or more years since I last played this game) but I'd completely forgotten there was another missing person involved.

Leave no one alive, and go with two single-bladed ligtsabers. It will come in handy when/if you get the Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian crystals.

A few things:

-You can find Casus' body somewhere. It's around some of the vermin enemies (Kinrath or Kath hounds, I forget which). You can point it out to Nurik, and I forget how that can affect things.

-Loved the noir stuff, especially the monologue. I heard jazz, so that's how you know it's working. Either that or my dog was barking at the road construction. But it's a very jazzy bark, dig?

-Whenever anyone says any form of the word "frack", I can only picture old One Eye Tigh exclaiming, "It's in the frackin' ship!"

Defintely Dual Lightsabers because they're awesome. As for the other matter, dark side.

DustyDrB:

-Whenever anyone says any form of the word "frack", I can only picture old One Eye Tigh exclaiming, "It's in the frackin' ship!"

Is it odd that I read that in his voice?

Also, this is a bit Off Topic, but I thought I'd share my favourite Battlestar Galactica meme.

woodaba:

DustyDrB:

Also, this is a bit Off Topic, but I thought I'd share my favourite Battlestar Galactica meme.

I'd think it be weird if you didn't read it in his voice. I wish I could snarl like that.

woodaba:

DustyDrB:

I'd actually like to see that meme here, actually.

Something like that.

Also, I beat KOTOR the other day. Light side male. I actually rather liked it.

I was catching up on the last few updates, and I saw that photobucket had deleted the images of the let's play. I don't know if this is a known issue or not, but it's only happened for update 15 and 16.

Really great let's play nonetheless, keep up the great work

gamptrak:
I was catching up on the last few updates, and I saw that photobucket had deleted the images of the let's play. I don't know if this is a known issue or not, but it's only happened for update 15 and 16.

Really great let's play nonetheless, keep up the great work

Oh, Crap, I'll reupload them then. Thanks for the heads up!

Alright, updates 15 + 16 should be fixed now.

Dark side Dual sabers. of course you would pick dark side THIS IS VAREN!! SHE JACKS OFF TO TORTURE!!

Update 17:Crystal Chronicles

Question Time! What is everybody excited for this year in terms of games? I was excited for Baldur's Gate enhanced edition, until they revealed that it was nothing more than a glorified re-release. Right now, the only things I'm genuinely hyped for are Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2.

I've been lurking around this LP for a while, thought I might as well join in, it's really good so far.

Heh, the crystals in Crash Bandicoot (which was released in 1996) look better than those!

woodaba:
Question Time! What is everybody excited for this year in terms of games? I was excited for Baldur's Gate enhanced edition, until they revealed that it was nothing more than a glorified re-release. Right now, the only things I'm genuinely hyped for are Diablo 3 and Borderlands 2.

Warriors Orochi 3, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII and Bioshock Infinite.

I'm also keeping my eye on the Wasteland 2 and The Banner Saga kickstarter projects.

ChupathingyX:
I've been lurking around thsi LP for a while, thought I might as well join in, it's really good so far.

Heh, the crystals in Crash Bandicoot (which was released in 1996) look better than those!

woodaba:

Warriors Oroch 3, Romance of the Three Kingdoms XII and Bioshock Infinite.

I'm also keeping my eye on the Wasteland 2 and The Banner Saga kickstarter projects.

Welcome to the club! Refreshments are over there, and the VIP area is upstairs.

I'm a bit...wary of Bioshock Infinite. All the gameplay I have seen so far makes it look VERY linear, which is rather disheartening. That said, I'll still probably pick it up.

The others, I know next to nothing about. I think Warriors Orochi is a dynasty warriors style game, and while I'm not really a fan of those, I can definitely see the appeal.

woodaba:

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition.

Apart from that, I don't think anything else piques my interest. Skyrim DLC?

Pages PREV 1 . . . 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 . . . 17 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked