Favorite Visual Novels?

Pages PREV 1 2

Heaven's Guardian:
I had issues with Heaven's Feel.

If it helps at all, the only difference is that

The Nasuverse actually has a ton of material like that, beyond what's specifically shown in Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and Kara no Kyoukai.

I've played Katawa shoujo and bible black. I'm currently playing fate/stay night.

I also have only played Katawa Shoujo, but I loved it. I would reccomend it to anyone who hasn't tried it yet.

I will probably be checking out a few of the titles that were mentioned in this thread, that is, if I don't have to pay for them. I can't really afford to buy anything else currently as I am saving up for something else.

NeutralDrow:

If it helps at all, the only difference is that

The Nasuverse actually has a ton of material like that, beyond what's specifically shown in Tsukihime, Fate/Stay Night, and Kara no Kyoukai.

Ah. Thanks. My inability to read Japanese prevents me from looking at a lot of source materials, but this helps it make a lot more sense. Still seems like something that should have been important enough to cover in-series, but I guess they needed to keep some surprises for HF.

I really liked Hotel Dusk and the Phoenix Wright games.

Touch Detective was a guilty pleasure as well.

come join my extreme/dark cinema group on facebook.anyone is welcome.and i need help to find more...visual novels are welcome

I'll just add my two cents here.

My favorite visual novels include:

Tsukihime
Fate Stay/Night
999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
Kira Kira
Clannad
and I liked Hotel Dusk: Room 215 pretty well

Time Hollow is okay, and I'm not sure if the Phoenix Wright games count, but I love those. If you're a fan of visual novels, I'd suggest checking into the lovely little genre of "adventure games," which is my absolute personal favorite out of anything I could play (too much incredible survival horror not to be). They also tend to bleed over into the "puzzle game" zone, though, so I suppose it depends on your style.

Another thing, if you would be open to it, is to check out the old text-based novel/adventure games. Most of them run on DOSBox, but if you can get past that, there is some absolutely mind-blowing content available there. (If you decide to look up any text-based games, do go find one called "Anchorhead." I'd just like to say that that particular game is one of my absolute most favorite games of all time. It is just a totally fantastic, engrossing story, and there are a lot of paths to go by, though not as many endings. It is well, well worth your time, though.)

Other than that, I'd say if you'd like to go hunting or want to really get into these kinds of games, you should start by checking here:

http://vndb.org/

and here:

http://www.adventuregamers.com/

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked