11.5% (84)
11.5% (84)
Orc
5.5% (40)
5.5% (40)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Favorite Elder Scrolls Race?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Orks, Orks, Orks, Orks, Orks So that might be the wrong game but the green guys are great in everygame so yeah always back the green guy

As a proud Argonian I feel slighted by being lumped in with the filthy cat people. :P

Biggest thing for me is they're unique. I always prefer non-humans in rpgs so lizards are awesome!

Orcs! Green is best!

I grew up in Southern Canada, so I pick... fine, Nord.

I like playing as a Bosmer they are good at the things I like to do in the game and the turn beast can be pretty useful at times.

Wood Elf, because a sneaky ranged attack is always going to work. And when the game becomes too easy I start working on other skills.

Imperial because i like to make an ideal version of me in rpgs.Also loved the Cyrodiil setting in oblivion.

Just wish they had a better power than voice of the emperor as that is useful like once in each game.

In skyrim i am an argonian
I get him bulked up and make him a stealth archer
considering the recent war between black marsh and morrowind i think him a rambo character
that and i justify the whole ring of namira cannibalism thing as most monitor lizards eat dead stuff

Nords get my first vote and Imperials get second place from me.

Fluff-wise, I like both the beast races - Argonians and Khajiit. Good thing they were a single option :)

Mechanics-wise, I'd go with Breton, one of the best races for mages but they can do pretty much anything with little worry. And magic resistance is always useful.

Dwemer. Everything else is fasle. Dwemer is best race.

They build giant robots, observatories, use steam power, and their building last for centuries.
Case closed.

Bretons. Best passive IMO and I love using magic. Plus they are humans.

I prefer humans.

Ahahaha, upon entering this thread I was worried how I was gonna pick between Argonian and Khajiit... And lo, they're a single option!
So, yeah. If I had to choose, I'd probably say Khajiit. I like both of their little race-specific advantages they get, but I also find myself liking the Khajiit NPCs more than any other NPCs (the Argonian NPCs coming a close second >_> ).

Khajiit thinks it should be obvious which race this one prefers. :3

I can has skooma?

Breton, if only because I tend towards magic far too much.

I like the Bretons, mostly because the ongoing story of Tamriel paints them as probably the most progressive, nice people outside of the Imperial Province. They've also got good bonuses in gameplay.

grrr...argonians and khajiit are two different races why the hell are the in the same catgeorie...

kahjiit are for furries. argonians are for herpophilliacs. there's a major difference.

Anyways i just went for argonian becuase of their natrual resistance to disease, waterbreathing and the fact that i just like lizards. some say too much...

Argonians and Kahjiit are so much more interesting (Why put them with Kahjiit as an option?)
Also it was a smart move to give them make overs. Argonians look more Raptor like while Kahjiit lean towards bobcat like. Not a single complaint on either one.

I have two characters of each race to:

Male Argonian Battle Mage who is neutral, makes decisions I would naturally make, wears Arch mage Robes (Without the hood), and fires spells until it is necessary to swap to my reliably enchanted Ebony Sword.

Male Kahjiit Stormcloak who is completely evil and smites any and all who are annoying. Uses Heavy Weapons and Armor and always wears and Adept Hood no matter what. Also has the option to use Archery and Dual Maces when necessary. The only magic in use is regeneration spells.

Most fantasy games are unfortunatly afraid of using Beast People as a race and that saddens me. The next elder scrolls game could introduce some sort of Avian hybrid between man and bird, not Hagravens (Ew) but this:

Now THATS what'd I'd play as. Set this next game's plot to introduce these badasses and there we go!

My favourites are the Khajiit and Argonian.
Why play as human when I can play as something else? :)

I like to use khajit for stealth roles, but i prefer Orcs; even going back to Tolkien I thought that orcs weren't really much worse than other races, and that a few generations of civilization could get them to integrate with society. I also imagine it's somewhat terrifying for my enemies to face off against a savage monster that could rip them limb from limb.

Argonian
They just look cool, and they looked amazing in Skyrim with those cool scales.
Only problem is my favourite class type is battle mage, so I don't always go with Argonian first time round.

Khajit hands down. The way they talk is awesome, and their night eye is a must have a thieves.

Terminate421:

Most fantasy games are unfortunatly afraid of using Beast People as a race and that saddens me. The next elder scrolls game could introduce some sort of Avian hybrid between man and bird, not Hagravens (Ew) but this:

Now THATS what'd I'd play as. Set this next game's plot to introduce these badasses and there we go!

Do want!

Although I doubt Bethesda would introduce an entirely new race out of the blue at this stage. Well, perhaps there could be an avian culture we don't know of on Akavir, but I'm afraid they're just more likely to wheel out some x-elves. All the bleating about including snow elves from before the release is still ringing in my ears...

But sooner or later, some new IP should come along with a playable avian race. Hell, if not, we'll just have to start one up.

For me it comes down to either Redguard, Nord or Orc. Redguard's, because they're the closest thing Tamriel has to an "eastern" people - I have always enjoyed eastern/desert cultures. Nord's because they seem to be a blend of ancient Celtic and medieval Scandinavian cultures, and I love both of those. And Orc's because, well, they just do the barbarian Conan thing so well and they seem to have a strong code of honour and selfish glory/pride. Since I can only pick one, I'll just say Redguard, because I've played them the most.

Nord is my personal favorite, but I do have a Khajiit theif in Skyrim. Speciallizes in One-Handed, Light Armor, Sneak, and Archery. Might toss some smithing in there too. Still not sure. I do like dragon armor, but apparently the Dark Brotherhood armor makes Khajiit stealth classes completely OP.

Argonian, easily. It's so nice to be able to play something other than the conventional human/dwarf/elf variants. Though, I'm still confused as to why female Argonians have breasts. That makes no sense to me.

In Oblivion: Breton for the magic resist

In Skyrim: Argonian because Histskin is OP

Well, pre-Skyrim, Breton was ALWAYS my race. Excellent casters, pretty much designed for the Apprentice star sign (Because Atronach is too much work, in my opinion). Choose Intelligence and Willpower, and all magic skills, BAM- instant pure mage.

Then fricking High Elves go and lose that elemental weakness, AND get a super OP magicka regen ability that pretty much amounts to a once a day "Win battle" button.

I'd stick to Bretons, but these guys are just too good now.

Orcs. Definitely Orcs. You can keep your immunity to disease, your elemental damage resistance or your sharp claws, id rather be an Orc any day. Going beserk helps too, its nice being able to kill giants at level 5, because orcs can do that.

I used to prefer Bretons but they got nerfed in Skyrim, so now they are balanced as opposed to horrendously OP.

Khajiit are fun, hand-to-hand is amusing to use. Otherwise, Orc. It fits my play style of hitting things with bigger things pretty well.

My favourite is khajiit because They (and the argonians) are tamriel aboriginals THIS IS OUR LAND!! and they have the best culture and personality.
The most powerful is probably orc (take half damage and deal twice as much with their racial)

Ultratwinkie:
Dwemer. Everything else is fasle. Dwemer is best race.

They build giant robots, observatories, use steam power, and their building last for centuries.
Case closed.

exactly what i was gonna say leave all these silly playable races behind Dwemer for the win

Wood elf, seeing as I like playing as a stealth archer, but don't want people thinking I'm a furry.

Though it is fun playing my argonian file once in a while so I can yell "I AM THE LIZARD KING!"

Altmer.

Also I think its funny that you lumped cat and lizard people into the same option, whereas human like races are spread across 3 options, and the elves are also three options.

Redguards all the way. By far the best warrior class, especially in Morrowind. +15 to Long Blade? Hell yeah.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked