Do you own games you haven't played yet?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

I bought Kingdoms of Amalur and was really looking forward to it but that got turned on its ass when I found a little gem called jagged alliance back in action... Super addictive.

Nope, getting a game is pretty rare for me. Normally one a year or two if I get one for Christmas/Birthday.

LookingGlass:

GameMaNiAC:

LookingGlass:
GOG:
- Planescape: Torment
- Baldur's Gate 2
- Arcanum: of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
- Freespace 2
- Jagged Alliance 2
- Sacrifice
- Ultima VII and the two Ultima Underworld games
- Enclave

OH GOD. Arcanum. My absolutely favorite game of all time. What is it still doing in your 'did not play' list? Well? Go play it. Now. I mean it.

It's the most open-ended role-playing game. Even today. It had its flaws and a few bugs, but the story is brilliant, the characters you encounter are deep and believable (especially your companions, I'd even compare them to Mass Effect's companions. Some of them, at least). And let's not even mention the enormous amount of NPC responses for your character, depending on how you made him/her.

Seriously, it's an amazing game. Play it next. Do it!

I actually only heard about it recently on this very forum. I couldn't believe I'd never heard of it before... it seems right up my alley. I loved V:TM - Bloodlines, so seeing Troika as the developer sealed the deal. Unless something odd happens, I shall start playing today.

Trust me, you shall not regret it. The game starts out in quite an interesting way, though the first area has little interaction and what-not, so don't let it put you off.

And oh, don't forget to put the combat onto 'turn-based' instead of 'real time' in the options. Feel free to try out real time, but you'll see why I say so. It's quite unbalanced, too fast and overall not fun, in short.

And persuasion, intelligence, beauty and charisma heavily affect dialogue options. That's what you might want to keep in mind too.

So, those are my tips for you. And last but not least, have fun! Your first playthrough happens only once.

Somewhere on my Steam account, there are a few games I haven't played (on PC that is, courtesy of owning a 6-year-old Mac with an integrated Intel GMA 950, which is Source engine-incompatible, but I've played on 360), like both Portals, TF2 and Garry's Mod (which I won in the Steam holiday achievements thing)

I picked up Stalker during the Steam holiday sale, booted it up once and immediately found the camera sway nauseating. Not playing that game until I can fix that - which I totally can right now, the tools are available to do exactly that ... I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I also picked up The Void, but haven't really played that yet. But in that case, it's because it's really one of those mood games, so you need to be in the right headspace to properly appreciate it. It'll happen when it happens.

Tens of games picked up as part of indie bundles and in steam sales, and also Skyward Sword. I hate to be a stereotype, but getting a girlfriend has meant that I now have a lot less time for games...

splinter cell double agent. had it sitting on the shelf here for years and never got around to installing it.

Lukeje:
Tens of games picked up as part of indie bundles and in steam sales, and also Skyward Sword. I hate to be a stereotype, but getting a girlfriend has meant that I now have a lot less time for games...

Haha, don't feel bad man. I had to break up with my last girlfriend because I didn't have enough time for games anymore...either that or that she was bat shit insane.

CoD:Black Ops - Mainly because of the fact that it has shit support for most processor's making it unplayable :'(. (I really wanted to shoot some zombie heads.)

too many to list (i blame steam sales). I'll just mention my latest. bought Assassin's Creed: revolations when it was first released. paid $110 for it, still haven't touched it.

EDIT - When i think about it my list of games i have never played is actually pretty small. Now my list of games i played for 10 minutes,haven't played since is actually alot bigger.

Dead space 2 springs to mind, got it couple of years ago and only briefly played it, am stuck in a mw3 and FIFA12 loop right now lol

Doom/Doom2 bought it them on steam
my Xbox in general
a bunch of Dreamcast games (the guy who sold me the DC also gave a bag full of copied games)
Megaman Battle Network Transmission
a Medabots game on the NGC
Metro 2033
STALKER Call Of Pripyat
BIOS/BIOS2
a few GBA games
Pokemon HG (I,m at the entrance of the Victory road.)
HAWX 2 (got it for free from Steam as a Christmas gift) for some reason I suck at landing the plane.
recently picked FO3 backup again but mods somehow made it unstable to the point of nearly being unplayable.

my Anime backlog is even bigger....

Infamous 2
Uncharted
driver: san fransisco

and a whole bunch Ive started but havnt finished..hell I got deadspace 2 on launch and STILL havnt finished it

Gears of War 2, Lego Batman and a FIFA. All for the 360 and all brought for about 20 in total. Will never play FIFA but would like to play the Lego one.

Yes many. All of them on Steam. Damn you Steam and your cheap and Continent packages.

Far too many. My steam games list has upwards of 90 games, and not all are old or indie games. I simply do not have the time to play that many anymore. I still get tempted by sales and bundles though!

About half of my collection is unplayed. I had a fair bit of money saved up so I brought about 20 games in a month and a half and I'm still catching up, mostly because I played Fallout 3 for about 4 months. I'm very slowly getting through it now because I don't have as much free time as I used to.

GameMaNiAC:
Trust me, you shall not regret it. The game starts out in quite an interesting way, though the first area has little interaction and what-not, so don't let it put you off.

And oh, don't forget to put the combat onto 'turn-based' instead of 'real time' in the options. Feel free to try out real time, but you'll see why I say so. It's quite unbalanced, too fast and overall not fun, in short.

And persuasion, intelligence, beauty and charisma heavily affect dialogue options. That's what you might want to keep in mind too.

So, those are my tips for you. And last but not least, have fun! Your first playthrough happens only once.

I've been playing it for most of the last 6-7 hours. Had a break for dinner when I suddenly realised how late it was getting. Movement is annoying and my companion has a habit of running into danger and getting himself killed. And like all old-school RPGs, I have to quicksave before travel because the random encounters have a habit of pitting me against impossible foes (for my level).

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it. I really like the whole magic vs. technology thing and how it fits into the world (and gameplay). I've been to Dernholm and Blackroot and I just travelled to Tarant and stopped for the night. It seems to have a nice amount of the fallout style of questing, where there are a bunch of solutions for each quest and which you can do depend on your skillset. The levelling system is interesting too, although I find myself stockpiling points for a few levels before deciding where to invest them.

The real-time combat option has its place... I like to use it to just wail on weaker creatures. But for anything tough, it's just too damn fast. You're dead before you even decide on which enemy to attack. The first time I tried it, my guy fired off all 14 arrows he had in about 5 seconds.

TLS14:

BENZOOKA:

Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
Half-Life 2: Lost Coast
Metro 2033

These three. Play them. Now. You'll thank me.

OT: Quite a few Steam games, and FFXIII-2 (just got it in the mail, unboxing it)

I got Metro 2033 because it was on a massive sale and it's supposed to go really well with NVidia 3D Vision, which I recently ordered drunk and liked after trying to never return, which is why I can't afford to buy food anymore.

So I'll definitely try it at some point. But okay, you'll get a thankful hug in the dead of the night when you least expect it. Enjoy your FFXIII-2.

Yes. Final Fanatasy 2, 4, 5, and 6, and the enitre Legacy of Kain series. I'll get to them eventually.

I really don't have many of those. The only games I have never played that I own are ones on Steam:

- GTA III
- GTA IV
- GTA: Episodes from Liberty City
- GTA: Vice City
- Half Life 2: Lost Coast
- TF2 Beta

Looking at that list makes me wonder why I ever bought the GTA complete pack. The only other titles in that list are free...

Condemmed 2 still weeps silently on my shelve

Catfood220:
I bought Infamous 2 sometime last year for full price, I still haven't played it. Annoyingly, I can now buy Infamous 2 for a fraction of the price. If only I had waited until I was ready to play it before I bought it, I could hav saved myself a fair bit of cash. Yes, I'm an idiot.

Vault101:
Infamous 2

play it!!! play it now!!!

OT: LA Noire, it's sat there looking pretty, but I've got no interest

Oh boy...

- The Getaway
- Second Sight
- Timesplitters: Future Perfect
- Bayonetta
- Kameo: Elements of Power
- Metal Gear Solid 4
- Battlefield: Bad Company
- Bioshock 2
- Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce
- Samurai Warriors
- Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
- Just Cause 2
- Metroid Prime: Corruption
- No More Heroes
- Darkness Within 1 & 2
- Airblade
- Armored Core 3 & Nexus
- Atelier Iris 3
- Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance
- Champions: Return to Arms
- Crimson Tears
- Downhill Domination
- Drakengard
- Fantavision
- Firefighter F.D 18
- Stretch Panic
- Goblin Commander: Unleash the Horde
- Godai: Elemental Force
- Hyper Street Fighter 2
- Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb
- Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy
- McFarlane's Evil Prophecy
- Mr Moskeeto
- Odin Sphere
- Rogue Ops
- Shadow Hearts: Covenant
- Sky Odyssey
- Smuggler's Run 2
- Steambot Chronicles
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent
- Urban Chaos: Riot Response
- Way of the Samurai
- World Destruction League: WarJetz
- Xenosaga 2
- Xyanide Resurrection
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
- Legend of Dragoon
- Final Fantasy VII & VIII
- Martian Gothic: Unification
- Nightmare Creatures
- Tunnel B1
- Ubik
- Colony Wars 3: Red Sun
- Medievil 2
- Silent Bomber
- Wipeout 3
- 007: Agent Under Fire
- Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
- Trigger Man
- Zone of the Enders

I should really get around to playing some of this stuff.

Amnesia: the dark descent

Not that I don't have time to play it, just that I rarely have time during the day...

LookingGlass:
I've been playing it for most of the last 6-7 hours. Had a break for dinner when I suddenly realised how late it was getting. Movement is annoying and my companion has a habit of running into danger and getting himself killed. And like all old-school RPGs, I have to quicksave before travel because the random encounters have a habit of pitting me against impossible foes (for my level).

Other than that, I'm really enjoying it. I really like the whole magic vs. technology thing and how it fits into the world (and gameplay). I've been to Dernholm and Blackroot and I just travelled to Tarant and stopped for the night. It seems to have a nice amount of the fallout style of questing, where there are a bunch of solutions for each quest and which you can do depend on your skillset. The levelling system is interesting too, although I find myself stockpiling points for a few levels before deciding where to invest them.

The real-time combat option has its place... I like to use it to just wail on weaker creatures. But for anything tough, it's just too damn fast. You're dead before you even decide on which enemy to attack. The first time I tried it, my guy fired off all 14 arrows he had in about 5 seconds.

I'm quite glad you're liking the game. Well, real-time does have its uses sometimes, but turn-based is where the main combat is at. And yes, the friendly AI can be quite frustrating at times, though if I remember correctly, you can give them commands using F1 - F12.

Also, you gain a point every time you level up, and two points every five levels, with the maximum level being 50. There's also a mod to remove the level cap, or just increase it to 127, in case you'd like that.

And well, if you've any questions about the game, feel free to PM me, since we're going slightly off-topic here.

Hehe, I own plenty of games like that.

The ones that spring into mind though are Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City that I got for Christmas and haven't played. Also, Phoenix Wright; Trials and Tribulations, which I just got the other day in the mail.

Seems like every time I try to pick up and beat a game 100%, two more pop up that I forgot about, wether it's ones I got or just ones that are on sale in stores now.

Not often, but it is happening more and more recently. Damn Steam sales, I love you so much, yet hate you so much more.

I have dozens of backlogged games on my steam account

I haven't played RDR, DA2, The Witcher, DE:HR or Skyrim yet, and still don't even have Witcher 2 or KOA. I finished DAO but only stared awakening. I wanna finish it so I can play DA2 and find out whether or not it really does suck, but I expect it not to. All this backlog is due to MMOs. I bought but had to cancel actually playing 2W2 and D2:DKS or at least until I finish everything else cos they are just not good enough compared to everything else in the list.

www.howlongtobeat.com and the www.backloggery.com are designed for just that type of problem.

The problem lies in the fact that the core of gamers from the 80s are in their 30s and 40s now. They have jobs, and children, and mortgages and can't effectively pursue their gaming interests as much as they would like. There was an article about this.

Red Dead Redemption takes about 30 hours to beat. Now if this busy person were to only be able to game 30 minutes a day (which may be a lot) then they only get through 3.5 hours a week. This means that it would take nearly 9 weeks to beat a game, and thats without doing all the little side missions that make sandbox gaming what it is. This would mean that you could beat maybe 5 games a year of this nature.

If you add this to the fact that this person will have more disposable income and there are literally dozens of AAA titles in the current generation of gaming, it would be quite difficult to not have a large backlog. Hell, on the first website I listed, there are people who have backlogs of nearly 1000 games. That's just insane.

ICO, I keep promising myself I'm going to play it but then something elses gets released (Damn you Crusader Kings 2!).

final fantasy 10-2 and shadow the hedgehog. My ps2 broke -_-

Infamous 2 is just sitting there. It stares at me but I never get around to it D:

The complete King's Bounty series, Telltale's Back to the Future, Splinter Cell: Conviction, FEAR 2, Terraria, Metro 2033 and Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands.

Go go Steam sales! Making me buy ridiculously cheap games that I don't have time to play.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked