Your Worst Video Game Ever

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

What is the worst video game that you've ever played in your opinion?

Mine would have to be Superman 64, flawed control system, buggy programming, and an awfully bland story.

"Baseball" for the Gameboy.

Most broken piece of crap I have ever played.

This is the worst game I've ever played. Of all time. I learned my lesson, to read reviews about a game before diving into it.

Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Such a crushing, awful disappointment after the original C&C and C&C: Red Alert.

Cliché.. but I really hate Alone in The Dark.

I have a copy of it that I cant trade in (I cant remember why, but game shops wont take it). So it sits in my games drawer stinking up my collection. I think I would probably hate it less if I could trade it in, I cant justify putting it in the bin yet.

Alone in the Dark Wii version.
That game was a huge disapointment and misleading. Also it was driving part was so horrid and buggy.

In recent memory, the worst game is no doubt Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. It has absolutely no redeemable qualities. At all.

Raven Squad. My god that game was awful. My friend let me borrow it, and after about 10 minutes I said that he'd have to pay me to continue with it. We both agreed it was the worst £5 he's ever spent.

Phantasy Star Universe. Specifically, it's Story Mode. I couldn't play the online mode (which I've heard is actually quite good), so all I was left with was the Story Mode.

... Let's just say "the main character's voice acting alone was enough to make me stop".

I want to resist saying this, because it's been said a thousand times before, but C&C4 is just the absolute worst game I have ever tried to play.

I'll put it this way: I only paid £5 for it and I still can't justify paying that much for it. Perhaps somewhere in the back of my mind, cowering in a dimly lit corner whilst cradling a tattered copy of Tiberian Dawn, was the hope that maybe the stripped down baseless, resourceless atrocity would be worth it to see the ending played out.

Fuck that.

I have rented a lot of shit from Movie Gallery. Too much to narrow down, that's for sure. Aquaman: Battle For Atlantis. Spy Hunter, starring The Rock. Iron Man and X-O Manowar in Heavy Metal. *shudders*

Terminate421:
This is the worst game I've ever played. Of all time. I learned my lesson, to read reviews about a game before diving into it.

Seconded. This game was an absolute disappointment to me.

Funnily enough, I don't remember ever playing a truly crappy game. Just games which were either mediocre or not my sort of thing.

Maybe that's a lie. Reign of Fire was by objective standards crappy and well below par, but I actually enjoyed it.

Then there's WWE 5, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, and Full Spectrum warrior. Ew.

Bioshock. (Picks up +5 shield of resist flame)

Everyone made it out to be a evolution of FPS...to me it was not worthy of a full price release

This... thing. OK, so technically I haven't played it, but really, I don't think it even requires me playing it for one moment for me to call it that. But excluding that, i had quite a lot of crap film tie-ins as a kid so probably one of those. Some of them weren't actually completely terrible, but others just flat-out sucked.

keelzbunny:
Mine would have to be Superman 64, flawed control system, buggy programming, and an awfully bland story.

Same here.

Postal 2 is easily the worst game I've ever played. That's probably because I've yet to play Postal 3, though.

Yet despite how bad it is, it's still somewhat enjoyable in an extremely depraved sense of the word... Kind of like how truly terrible movies can be fun to watch for a laugh or two.

Phasmal:
Cliché.. but I really hate Alone in The Dark.

I have a copy of it that I cant trade in (I cant remember why, but game shops wont take it). So it sits in my games drawer stinking up my collection. I think I would probably hate it less if I could trade it in, I cant justify putting it in the bin yet.

Sell it on the on Ebay or Amazon, I'm sure that someone somewhere out there would buy it from you.

The worst game I have ever played is Daikatana, I think time may have softened my view of that game. But if I ever met the people responsible for the festering pile of catshit I will take pleasure in kicking them in the balls.

Catfood220:
Sell it on the on Ebay or Amazon, I'm sure that someone somewhere out there would buy it from you.

I probably will, even though I will probably go to hell for subjecting some other poor person to it. (And when I can remember why the game shops wont take it. I cant remember. It works, but theres something up with the version of it that I have).

im going to give it to paper boy or battle toads u know why if u grew up playing those things...well then again night trap was god awful 2

Mass Effect 2. I'm not even trolling a little bit, I've never had a game put me to sleep faster than Mass Effect. It just isn't interesting to me at all.

WET...that was...

I'm going to be completely honest, I didn't even make past the first hour. I just put the controller down, turned off the PS3 and watched TV. Luckily, it was a friend's game so I didn't spend any money on that...thing.

MammothBlade:
of Fire was by objective standards crappy and well below par, but I actually enjoyed it.

Then there's WWE 5, Delta Force Black Hawk Down, and Full Spectrum warrior. Ew.

Whaaaat? Full spectrum warrior was quite good :) Ten hammers even more so.

In recent memory, duke nukem critical mass for DS. Good god....

Buggy, short, annoying jetpack sections and missing the one liners - terrible.

AND it cost me £15. Got £12 back for it though :P

[rage]

this piece of shit

first, it MADE me create a character, then, made said character take a back seat in the story mode, and worse, my character had ZERO effect, or say in anything, while she (i made a girl) just fallowed the main character, who by rights, i would have killed for being an unlikable, whiny waste of digital space, not that the 'old guy, who's actually a super bad ass' was any better.

the whole game was just one big cliche, helpless princess? check. hero instantly falls in love with her? check. older character that's also a 'super bad-ass'? check. villains that where evil for the sake of being evil? check (and really only ever done right by The Joker and Kefka)

the last nail in its coffin for me, was the 'White Knight' which is an ancient artifact of untold power the bad guys are after (check), yeah .... you don't get one, well, you don in WKC2, but that shit dose not fly with me, ever, if you FORCE me to make a character for the 'online mode' and then have that character involved with the main plot, YOU DO NOT, skip them when handing out the 'ancient artifacts of one sided ass kickings' until the squeal!!!

[/rage]

To be honest, I do not even remember the Title, but it was some Pro Golf title on the SNES. The only thing that made it even fun enough to play was my friends background 'golf commentary' such as 'Looks like that one hit the tree, Jim.'

In all of my experience that is truely the worst.

Terminate421:

Unplayable game is unplayable.

This is probably the worst game I have ever played. It's just a piece of shit.

Second being Far Cry 2.

Electro Dave:

Everyone made it out to be a evolution of FPS...to me it was not worthy of a full price release

I would say this, but even BioShock pales in comparison to Metroid: Other M. Seriously, what the hell were the developers thinking?! It wasn't just bad, it was insulting.

Terminate421:

This game is hilariously broken. So much wrong with it, so many errors, mistakes, glitches, and idiotic things, not to mention gameplay that, even if fixed, would've been frustrating, stupid, and largely pointless, for a confusing story that ultimately doesn't even matter. For the uniformed, Sonic '06's story wraps up with Sonic going back in time, and putting out "the flames of disaster" before they're released. In other words, every single event done in this game, is undone by the ending, giving the whole thing a "none of it ever happened" memory. And yet, I've played worse.

I was once given a PS1 budget title (i.e., made for nothing, sold for almost nothing in supermarkets and bought only by elderly relatives who have heard of videogames, but cannot tell what makes a good one) by an elderly relative who had heard of videogames, but couldn't tell what makes a good one. It was called Windsurfers Paradise, and as far as I could tell, it was a Tony Hawk's clone, only about windsurfing. I say that, but there was no real goal beyond high score, and I genuinely could not fathom how to play. The instructions were literally "X is jump, Square is grab", no real indication of when or where you were supposed to try and do any of this. I played it once for about an hour, trying to suss it, and got nowhere. Never touched it since.

joe-h2o:
Command and Conquer: Tiberian Sun.

Such a crushing, awful disappointment after the original C&C and C&C: Red Alert.

What in God's name are you smoking? Tiberian Sun was awesome. Everything after RA2 on the other hand...

In all seriousness though, I am curious as to what about Tiberian Sun you didn't like. Because I thoroughly enjoyed it, and consider it a better game than the original C&C, although I'll agree that Red Alert was better.

Personally, my 'worst game of all time' award goes to Bikini Samurai Squad. Because seriously, what could be better than hot samurai chicks in bikinis running around killing people? Or at least that's what I thought. Turns out it was ridiculously horrible for a number of reasons that I don't think I need to get in to. Suffice it to say, don't play the game. It's bad.

SirBryghtside:

Electro Dave:

I would say this, but even BioShock pales in comparison to Metroid: Other M. Seriously, what the hell were the developers thinking?! It wasn't just bad, it was insulting.

Just reading about Metroid: Other M made me hate it. It just seems like everything was done in the most insulting and idiotic way for no reason but to annoy fans.

But, my worst game would have to be Gears of War. Hate it. Bought it after I read a review in a magazine that made it sound like the greatest thing to ever exist. I was thinking I would get a modern Quake with shoving grenades down enemy throats. Instead I got angsty giants who are afraid of moving quickly. I wouldn't hate it so much if it wasn't so popular though, it just annoys me because I don't get what people see in it.

Brink on PC.

It failed me on so many levels. I pre-ordered it like a year before it's released. All the hype got me so excited, then it released and it was so heart breaking.

Sure there have been plenty of truly horrible games i have played, like Superman 64 and other, but i didn't expect anything from those so it's not as bad as a game i was expecting to be awesome.

Terminate421:

Yeah, this about sums up mine.

I remember as a kid playing this crappy SNES game called James Bond Jr..

I wouldn't count James Bond Jr., because I was only a kid and didn't know better... So sonic 06 is going to be the biggest burn I experienced in regards to playing a game.

Hmm, this again? Ok:

Final Fantasy X. I have yet to find a game with characters so stupid and infuriating, a plot so ridicolous and such a load of BAD, unskipable cutscenes.

There is just one thing I hate more than Tidus: Sex and the City 2.

Crazy Frog Racer. Only played it once and it's stopped working on me.

My worst game would be Too Human, my most disappointing game would be Mass Effect 2.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked