Your Worst Video Game Ever

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

FF VIII was the worst game that I spent 40 hours on (possibly)

Jet Set Radio Future - one of only two games to physically make me sick.

The other being one of those WW2 MoH games, where to continue on to the next area, I had to crawl through this barely visible hole in the wall (after looking for it for 5 hours). I broke the disc after that.

Skin:

Jet Set Radio Future is the best game there ever was and I will fight you

I remember playing it as a kid and my nostalgia is stronger than your muscles

Greater Evil:

Skin:

Jet Set Radio Future is the best game there ever was and I will fight you

I remember playing it as a kid and my nostalgia is stronger than your muscles

It made me sick. The terrible fucking music, the boring gameplay that consisted of going round town tagging walls before having a race with some dickstick and... thats it. I actually got migraines from playing it.

*jokingly* Ya'll young whipper snappers don't know what's bad... ET for Atari 2600... That was like the Father of all bad video games. It was so bad Atari buried a bunch of em. :)

DanteLives:
Crazy Frog Racer. Only played it once and it's stopped working on me.

Count yourself lucky it stopped working, that game was an unholy piece of shit set around an annoying cuntbag who wasn't funny at all and people mistook it for being funny. How the fuck do you make a fucking game out of crazy fucking frog?

Well as i've said in other threads before, i often research the shit outta the games i buy/ buy sequels.

So when i tried Dynasty Warriors strikeforce (i think) i returned that shit in like 2 weeks later. After 2 attempts. BECAUSE I WENT SUPER SAYIAN WHAT THE FUCK.

And not a single mention of Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing?

Kickmaster for the NES. Worst birthday present I ever received.

That awful Turok reboot for the 360. Game was really, really bad but I had enough fun with the comic absurdity of the knife kills, especially the dinosaur ones, that I can't consider the game a bad purchase.

Clive Barker's Jericho. Jesus christ.

Joseph McConnell:
*jokingly* Ya'll young whipper snappers don't know what's bad... ET for Atari 2600... That was like the Father of all bad video games. It was so bad Atari buried a bunch of em. :)

And I actually own a copy!

Besides ET, besides Sonic 06, I'd say my worst game is probably X-Men: Next Dimension; it was a crappy fighting game for the Gamecube and just left me frustrated. Whoever made that dross, leave Capcom to do the badass fighting game stuff with Marvel.

A four way tie between ET, Oblivion, Bioshock, and Superman 64.

brutalfang:
Phantasy Star Universe. Specifically, it's Story Mode. I couldn't play the online mode (which I've heard is actually quite good), so all I was left with was the Story Mode.

... Let's just say "the main character's voice acting alone was enough to make me stop".

This. Just... awful. And to think it was a "sequel"-ish thing to Phantasy Star Online, which I think is among my favourite action RPGs...

Arnoxthe1:

Problem with games like Big Rigs and Crazy Bus coming up on these lists is that they're so lacking in content you just can't hate them. I always say my least favourite games are Metroid: Other M and BioShock, the former because it was an injustice to the series and the latter because literally everyone tells you how good it is, when I can honestly say that I was not having any fun past the 1 hour mark. And because of my mindset, I completed the other 19 hours. Games like ET or Pacman for the Atari I can just give up on. Basically, it needs to be bad with something special.

The worst game I ever played was that Shrek fighting game for the Gameboy Color. Wrecking Crew is a worthy mention due to being extremely boring.

Minecraft.

Oh wait, you said worst game. Minecraft isn't a game... so, lemme get back to you on that one.

Frontlines: Fuel of War. I got it in a THQ pack a year ago, and I did not find it enjoyable at all. Tried to find something in it that it did that was new or different, but it failed to impress me.

But I have two runners up, being more "disappointments":

Assassin's Creed
X-Com Apocalypse

The Assassin's Creed series has always been talked about around me, but when I finally got my hands on it, jumping off tall buildings aside, I couldn't stand it. I've heard the second one irons out all the wrinkles I hated, but it left a bad taste in my mouth so it's going to be a while before I pick anymore up.

Apocalypse... *sigh*... X-Com I found to be AMAZING, read about Apocalypse and thought it would be an even better extension of that... Boy, was I let down.

The worst game I've ever played.....FF10. I was told it was the best, so I borrowed it and played some of it. Now, I hate anime tropes with a passion. Its why I roll my eyes and throw up in my mouth listening to most animes and jrpgs. I decided to give FF a try, and my friend said it would be the best one to start with.

I swear to god those games are more linear than rail shooters. In fact, I think I have more fun with rail shooters. Final Fantasy games.....just....ugh.

Worst game?

Ever?!?

Rise of the Robots.

If you know what I'm talking about, you have my deepest sympathies.

Now if you'll excuse me, remembering that game ever existed has made me feel violently ill. I hope you're proud of yourself OP.

Just to get it out of the way: "Oh hey, this thread again."
No offense but it's still that ET game for the Atari.

Within this current generation though, I'd say ... probably that hunting game on the wii where you start out in the arctic. The aiming delay throws everything off and there are SO MANY PLOTHOLES. For example, girl A needs a coat to keep warm. I have to kill about 20 wolves and 5 moose before my character gives up and just puts her into a moose carcase Battle of Hoth style.

Action 52: there is absolutely no reason for that garbage to be better than anything else in existance.

SirBryghtside:

Electro Dave:
Bioshock. (Picks up +5 shield of resist flame)

Everyone made it out to be a evolution of FPS...to me it was not worthy of a full price release

I would say this, but even BioShock pales in comparison to Metroid: Other M. Seriously, what the hell were the developers thinking?! It wasn't just bad, it was insulting.

I have a lot of games that I felt were bad, or at least a waste of my time and money. That thing just drove me insane though. I am a huge fan of the metroid series (100% on every game in the series... even Other M) and it is the only game that I beat and instantly traded in. I would hate it more but I got a cool deal where I got a 20 dollar gift card when I bought it and traded it in for 30 bucks. So it at least didn't cost me anything.

Still bitter though...

Red Dead Redemption, man I hate that game with a passion.

SirBryghtside:

Arnoxthe1:

Problem with games like Big Rigs and Crazy Bus coming up on these lists is that they're so lacking in content you just can't hate them. I always say my least favourite games are Metroid: Other M and BioShock, the former because it was an injustice to the series and the latter because literally everyone tells you how good it is, when I can honestly say that I was not having any fun past the 1 hour mark. And because of my mindset, I completed the other 19 hours. Games like ET or Pacman for the Atari I can just give up on. Basically, it needs to be bad with something special.

Oh, very well. PERSONALLY the worse game I've ever played would be Ninja Gaiden 2. Just good enough to keep you playing and just horrible enough to aggravate you into the depths of hell. I wrote a thread on this a while ago.

alliance of valiant arms, its a pay to win counterstrike clone and i fucking hate counterstrike.

Kitsuna10060:
snip (Summary: White Knight sucks)

I can't really disagree with you, but I still somehow enjoyed that game. I broke from my usual tradition of character creation and made a tiny little girl with a punk-rock hairdo and glasses who exclusively fought with katana. I don't know why, but her lack of inclusion in the main story was actually really entertaining to me... she was just along for the ride and it was so absurd and silly that I would always laugh when I saw her in cutscenes like "Oh, right... and Gunbone's here too!"

The story was bland and barely serviceable, but I liked the combat (what can I say... I'm a FFXII fan too), and actually the online portions of the game were very fun, but the single-player story was an effectively-necessary prerequisite for even STARTING the online, so you had to be willing to suffer to get to the fun part.

I guess it was just one of those games that I liked warts and all, but I will never defend it to people who say it sucked because you know what... they're right!

OT: MY most hated game is Catherine. I actually curl my lip up in anger anytime I see a picture of the cover. Persona 4 is my favorite game ever and when I saw that the team was working on something new and different, I was super excited to see what they would come up with, but all I got was a game with too-easy normal levels matched up with ABSURDLY impossible boss fights (for me), and a boring story with an utterly unlikable main character and a really ugly story:gameplay ratio for a developer whose stories I always love.

Xenowolf:
This... thing. OK, so technically I haven't played it, but really, I don't think it even requires me playing it for one moment for me to call it that. But excluding that, i had quite a lot of crap film tie-ins as a kid so probably one of those. Some of them weren't actually completely terrible, but others just flat-out sucked.

Thanks for posting that I havent LOL`ed that hard in a while man I wish I could see the design doc for that game.

My own worst game Im not sure possibly Incredible Hulk on the C64 because it was literally unplayable as far as I can tell the controls did nothing 99% of the time seriously I only got the dude out of the chair at the start once, usually he would just sit there for hours while I tried every button / combination of buttons possible to shift his big green arse and the time he did get up well he immediately died of course and was sent straight back to that frickin chair.

This gen though the worst game I have played (at least for a reasonable length of time prob 40 hours or so if I had to guess) is The Last Remnant it was just poor in every area, Characters,Battle system,Story,Graphics,Art Direction,Structure,Quests,Level system seriously I am not sure I can find anything good to say about it except maybe in a backhanded compliment kind of way like the controls are better than the Incredible Hulk on C64.

I always find it funny seeing games like Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption in these lists... if those are seriously THE worst games you have ever played, then you must not have played more than 5 games in your lifetime.

Worst game I ever played is Megarace 3: Nanotech Disaster. A shitty WipEout clone for the PS2 that has horrible graphics, horrible controls, horrible tracks, and the worst FMV sequences I have ever, EVER seen! And I played Night Trap back in the day!

Terminate421:
This is the worst game I've ever played. Of all time. I learned my lesson, to read reviews about a game before diving into it.

I thought they made it illegal to show any pictures of or from that game. What's wrong with politicians these days? They want to ban video games until an actual bad one comes out.

Perfect Dark Zero (360) One of the most disappointing launch titles ever.
Sonic Adventure (Dreamcast/xbox live arcade) I loved this game, back in the days of the Dreamcast. So I was so happy when it came to xbox live and then I played it. Terrible camera and awful controls, no amount of nostalgia could make me finish it.

ZehMadScientist:
In recent memory, the worst game is no doubt Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. It has absolutely no redeemable qualities. At all.

Didn't like the final boss?! That was like the best ending ever!!!!

I do have to agree, loved how I bought it at full price, and week later it was half price, week after 75% off!

Haakmed:

ZehMadScientist:
In recent memory, the worst game is no doubt Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. It has absolutely no redeemable qualities. At all.

Didn't like the final boss?! That was like the best ending ever!!!!

I do have to agree, loved how I bought it at full price, and week later it was half price, week after 75% off!

I was surprised at that. That and Motorstorm Apocalypse are the fastest price drops I've seen. It was barely a month before they both dropped to half price.

I tend to research games enough to never get a horrible one, but were I to pick the one that disappointed me the most: Dragon Age 2.

I was on the fence about it after the horrible demo, and the review this site convinced me to buy it. Worst game I've ever paid full price for, and it completely destroyed my opinion on the Escapist's reviews.

Arnoxthe1:

Because that game is so bad, it loops round and becomes the best game ever made.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked