The last time a game made you rage.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Dark Souls on NG+, Anor Londo to be particular.

While I know the difficulty of the damn spear bow using silver knights is through the roof on your first playthrough, on NG+ even if you make it to the archer he just pulls out his sword and kills you. He'll continually push you backwards until the other archer has a shot on you, then you get pincered off the edge, unless you get diced by the first archer beforehand.

The worst I have ever raged at a game was back in the day playing Need For Speed Underground. There was this one race with seven laps of an extremely obstacle ridden course. Whole thing lasted about ten minutes, and if ever you hit something you would have to start again as there was no rubber-banding like mario cart. Gave it a go recently 9 years later AND IT'S STILL BLOODY HARD.

I just raged last night playing Dragon Age: Origins for the first time. Struggling my way through the tower right near the beginning of the game... and came face to face with an Ogre. An Ogre that WRECKED my shit over and over again, just ludicrously hard..

triggrhappy94:
I Wanna Be the Guy
/thread.

I just got that game and after about three hours of play I've only gotten about three rooms in and I'm playing on the "easiest" setting. Reading some of these other posts makes me wish IWBTG was that easy.

IWBTG is best taken in short doses and entirely not seriously. The whole joke is that it's bullshit hard. Also, the first three rooms are easy. Wait until you get to the Castlevania stage.

OT: The last time I raged at a game was Binding of Isaac over a REALLY bad run with the Blue Baby. Managed to collect every single item that could possibly give me red hearts before reaching The Depths 1. The Blue Baby can't get red hearts. Only blue hearts. I had reached The Depths with essentially nothing. At that point the game is all but unwinnable. The game basically wasted my time and told me to go screw myself.

Coincidentally the next run I tried with Blue Baby was so mindbogglingly awesome that all was forgiven. Ended up being pretty much invincible by the end.

Blood Bowl - I know the computer is cheating. I just can't prove it. If I had a cent for everytime I rolled 3 skulls (1 in 216 chance); and then rolled 3 skulls again (1 in 46000 or so); I'd have $1.32.

Hrrrmmm Dead Rising 2 and it's evil timers and crappy compass. The amount of times I have had to reload from my save currently due to time suddenly disappearing on the main mission whilst I'm helping survivors. Capcom, Y U MAKE MISSIONS TO START LATE?

Also Dark Souls. I rage every time I see someone invade me whenever I'm outside the upper areas of Catacombs (my character is relatively weak on all fronts). However, invade me all you want when I'm in the bridge section of Catacombs. I hope you enjoy the express trip to the bottom.

Whenever I get a little too comfortable with the flying vehicles in Battlefield 3, someone either better than me or at a higher level manages to pull something off, leaving me to flip a table out of rage.

Not to toot my own horn, but I'm really good with the scout helicopters. I'd say one of the better people out there. It doesn't matter if you've got two buddies on each side repairing your helicopter, I can shoot it down (once you've gotten the hang of flying, the trick is to notice that the crosshair's in the scout helicopter's actually don't point to where it will shoot, it shoots a little bit under it). I just unlocked the air to ground missile in the heli, pretty much making unstoppable, provided I figure out how to dodge all the people who inevitably take out their stinger's.

I ended up getting the lock on indicator, so seeing how I had just shot down the other team's helicopter, I just decided to let it hit me and land on the ground to fix it.

Turns out the tanks can unlock Ground to Air missles. Which you can't block with flares. Which kill you in one hit. Which is practically unavoidable.

My team were being useless shits and instead of playing the game, they were all trolling the spawn waiting for a helicopter, so I ended up saying "fuck you guys, deal with it yourselves", and then I left.

Dethenger:

scnj:
Catherine. Pretty much every boss level.

I played that Friday night/ Saturday morning, almost all the way through. There was one part that was really, really frustrating:

I was hanging out with my friends and we were making light of it all, sure, but if I was by myself I'd have been raging like a motherfucker.

I didn't have much trouble with that part, but I'm not ashamed to admit that by that point I really only cared about the story so I'd knocked the difficulty down to easy and started turning to Youtube tutorials.

Fijiman:

DeadSp8s:
Gears of War 3, Myrrah on Insane. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Insane mode is best played with a friend or three. Although, even with super reload and infinite ammo, it took me and my friends the better part of an hour to actually beat that level. Was not fun.

Honestly, I could only beat it with bot partners. My friends kept dying instantly and the bots would crawl forever when they got downed. I had to sneak on the silver circle and do it solo. Easily the most frustrating thing I've ever done in gaming (withOUT infinite ammo/super reloads).

DeadSp8s:

Fijiman:

DeadSp8s:
Gears of War 3, Myrrah on Insane. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!!!!!

Insane mode is best played with a friend or three. Although, even with super reload and infinite ammo, it took me and my friends the better part of an hour to actually beat that level. Was not fun.

Honestly, I could only beat it with bot partners. My friends kept dying instantly and the bots would crawl forever when they got downed. I had to sneak on the silver circle and do it solo. Easily the most frustrating thing I've ever done in gaming (withOUT infinite ammo/super reloads).

I can only imagine how long that took you.

DoPo:
Assassin's Creed 2 in the beginning (relatively). First, they don't explain the controls much, thankfully I did just finish playing AC 1, so that wasn't a problem but it still bothered me. Second, the Italian accent was really annoying - I would have preferred if the game was entirely in Italian or entirely in English - the Italian accent seemed retarded to me. And the worse part is that from time to time the characters would slip into Italian for no apparent reason (aside to reassure me that they were indeed Italians). Then, I had to meet "Leonardo" - I was actually praying to not be Leonardo DaVinci because I didn't want the game to just name drop me and make me feel impressed with it. No, at that point I would have been more impressed, if the painter Leonardo was somebody else. Finally, you get yo meet your uncle...and one of the first things he has to say is "It's-a me-e, Mario!". I rage quit at that point. It was too much. I had wait until the frustration went away to be able to play again.

Thankfully, with time it got better but I was literally on the verge of not bothering with the game any more. I got used to Leonardo and the name dropping, so much that when Machiavelli showed up I didn't feel anything. Italian accent was still annoying, though.

They actually explain the acents and the slipping into Italian in-game. The translator on the Animus was home made, so it glitched from time to time. Demon Souls. Seriously that game is the reason I don't play Dark Souls. There's a line between chalenging and frustrating.

Jayse:
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Now that was absolutely infuriating.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

They're making a THIRD?

Mass Effect 1. I got stuck in a ramp fighting Liara's mum. Died of course, and because of the lack of autosave i had to start right at the begining of the mako part which i hate, cuase the mako can't be controlled, cause it's stupid. [insert more mako rage]

Bed of Chaos boss in Dark Souls. Also Smough & Ornstein from the same game. I thought I would go crazy. I just couldn't take it anymore the game constantly abusing me, tormenting me. But gradually I got used to it, and started to enjoy it. Hahaha

Smeggs:

Jayse:
Final Fantasy XIII-2

Now that was absolutely infuriating.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

They're making a THIRD?

As far as I'm aware the true ending will be available in future dlc story expansions. . .

I rage in Battlefield 3 every other day. I swear to god the game purposefully alternates between throwing you in a bunch of losing teams one day then a bunch of winning teams the next.

Well last online game to make me rage was league of legends, wasn't even rage more than it was indicating that if we have 3 people top lane because they all want solo, then i'm in the solo lane.

The bloody fucking Master Locks on Skyrim.

image.

SO MANY BROKEN LOCKPICKS. SO MUCH LOST TIME. SO MUCH RAGE

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked