My excellent game idea

Pages PREV 1 2

it should end with a giant robot version of the main character"s head battling the moon which uncurls reveling that it was a giant armadillo the whole time!

VladG:
Well, NeverDead beat you to the detachable head bit... I think it might also have armadillo-men... wait a minute... I'm certain I saw a moon in there too!

I hadn't heard of it until now. I watched a trailer. I wouldn't call those "armadillo-men" but they do look close, perhaps close enough. The game sounds interesting, but regrettably it's not on PC :(

Well, its original ill give you that. Just so long as I dont have to wait half a bloody hour for update downloads then we should be right.

Also, how about the bootom of his neck shoots out like a rocket & he can head but the Armadillo guys from a distance with rocket like force?

I'm seeing a lot of really cool ideas here, and anyone who wants to be on board with the development of the game is welcome. However, there are certain things I would not budge on. The detachable head, armadillo men and lunar setting are the three central pillars of the game, as I see it. Also, I don't want ninjas or dinosaurs, at least not in a central role and ideally not at all- this is not fan-service for unimaginative internet dweebs. Also, the last boss is definitely a giant lens flare - although I do really like the idea of the moon turning out to be a giant rolled up armadillo, that's a great twist.

Keep 'em coming people.

Hides His Eyes:
Also, I don't want ninjas or dinosaurs, at least not in a central role and ideally not at all- this is not fan-service for unimaginative internet dweebs.

Same goes for Chuck Norris, vikings, pirates and Cthulu.

Hmm. I have an idea. (and pardon me while I got meta on you)

How about a game wherein you play the non-hero. Just one of the "regular joes/janes". In the game, you're tasked with either trying to follow the exploits of the actual hero(s) and/or cleaning up after the inevitable messes they leave behind. (messes no one ever points out. seriously, a super hero blows up half a block and no one presents him or her with a bill?)

For added variety, you can have side missions where you either have to carry items (and crates) to the secret weapons stashes for the actual hero to find on their adventure or you have to place explosive barrels in the most strategic places possible.

Nolan North should voice every character, there should be some alien creature inside the moon creating chest-high walls, the main character should die if he carries more than 2 weapons at a time, and it should have a forced stealth section.

Now for a sequal idea:

The main character of the first game is on his death bed, and the situation is being completely reproduced to make his son go through the same thing he went through. Play what is pretty much the same game again, except NOW you have to pay another $60, $110 in Australia! Then, after going through the first game reproduction, you have a time travel device that makes you go throgh it AGAIN to kill the hero from the first game with a quick time event in which you choke your dying father to death!

The giant lens flare killed me... with comedy. XD

Vigormortis:
How about a game wherein you play the non-hero. Just one of the "regular joes/janes". In the game, you're tasked with either trying to follow the exploits of the actual hero(s)

I've had that idea as well. And I even went a bit further but in a different direction when I thought about it. Now, you know how in games we have our silent protagonist or maybe you get to choose one of the several eventual replies? What if when you interact with the actual hero, you reverse that (somewhat) - they will stay silent but you will choose a response which would retroactively imply what the main hero said. Ugh, after writing it it came out a bit hard to understand. Here's an example - the true hero kills a one eyed monster (a boss?) and they turn to you mumbling something. You get to choose a response 1) Haha, yes sir, nw you have your eye on him 2) No, "Cyclops" were the one eyed monsters in the myth, "pegas" was a flying horse 3) You want me to WHAT?

So over the course of the game, the main character will get more and more characteristics based on what you say they said.

oh man.
i love it already.

DoPo:

Vigormortis:
How about a game wherein you play the non-hero. Just one of the "regular joes/janes". In the game, you're tasked with either trying to follow the exploits of the actual hero(s)

I've had that idea as well. And I even went a bit further but in a different direction when I thought about it. Now, you know how in games we have our silent protagonist or maybe you get to choose one of the several eventual replies? What if when you interact with the actual hero, you reverse that (somewhat) - they will stay silent but you will choose a response which would retroactively imply what the main hero said. Ugh, after writing it it came out a bit hard to understand. Here's an example - the true hero kills a one eyed monster (a boss?) and they turn to you mumbling something. You get to choose a response 1) Haha, yes sir, nw you have your eye on him 2) No, "Cyclops" were the one eyed monsters in the myth, "pegas" was a flying horse 3) You want me to WHAT?

So over the course of the game, the main character will get more and more characteristics based on what you say they said.

Or maybe it's just you wandering around, eaves-dropping in on others conversations. Since your character doesn't really "matter".

Likewise, you could equip the player with only one weapon, but infinite ammo. Just like almost any NPC you come across in almost every game. This could lead to humorous quips from other NPCs saying, "You're trying to take out that tank with that piddly thing?" or "Hey. Why is it you never run out of bullets?"

Make a prototype, pitch the idea...before some one else steals it!

I would buy the game out of interest, has potential

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked