Mass Effect 3 Question.

If the Reapers are destroying earth the way we have seen them doing in trailers and in gameplay video's and the demo, how are they harvesting any humans to Reaperise? The way it looks to me, they are just destroying everything and not capturing any humans to make into any Reapers.

Just wondering and its something i'm confused about.

I think your looking to much in to the trailer.
If you look at any cinamatic trailer I'm sure you can find something that doesn't add up.

If you play the ME3 demo you see that their lazers don't do the same amouth of damage as there doing in the trailer.

The terminus systems. Anyway I think they use the husks to capture humans but that doesnt really explain why there are so many human husks. So, I think we'll see in the game.

It's a trailer, if you could get a 100% accurate plot synopsis from a trailer nothing would sell.

We don't really know why they were harvesting humans in the first place, plus they were harvesting humans using the Collectors, who we wiped out at the end of the previous game. So maybe this is their Plan B or something.

I'd guess they fuck shit up, then harvest the survivors. That way they put up less of a fight. Hitting a colony is a lot easier than a race's home planet, so they don't need to do much shit fucking up there.

Yeah... I wouldn't be surprised if, after the fiasco of ME2 (from their POV), they might not have re-thought the whole "human reaper" idea and decided to go with some more docile species for the process instead. No one wants a hassle when it can be otherwise avoided, right?

Maybe it's because you already blew up their Human-Reaper prototype.

They're pissed and want humanity especially dead.

Just a thought.

Also, they are probably nuking Earth because it's THE major human stronghold, and where the majority of the Alliance Fleet was located. If they cripple the fleet and raze Earth, the Alliance military will be crippled and they can take the colonies at their leisure. And since the rest of the galaxy isn't at all prepared to stand against the Reapers individually, they'll have effectively won.

erttheking:
It's a trailer, if you could get a 100% accurate plot synopsis from a trailer nothing would sell.

You're telling me Skyrim isn't a game about staring at a stone wall while some guy fighting a dragon flashes before your eyes periodically?

They tried that. You stopped them from doing that in ME2.

So now they're going "fuck it, lets just kill fucking everything".

I'm curious as per the timing of this whole thing.

Earth is under attack by massive unstoppable Reapers...quick let's travel across the galaxy for help to save Earth. Do these massive machines just invade and wreak havoc for 30 minutes and then take a 9 month break? Wouldn't Earth long be destroyed by the time our heroes get back to help? The threat seemed more immediate than what they lead it to be.

It's been a very long time since I've played ME1 and 2, but why were the people on Earth so oblivious to the coming invasion? Didn't the proof of this threat show itself on multiple occasions and take an entire galactic fleet to destroy just one (where now there are a bunch of them invading in force)

I do plan to re-visit these games again before buying ME3...maybe I'll be able to answer my own questions.

I doubt they want to have any human Reaper after what Shepard has done.
They will just farm the survivors and skip the Reaper reproduction for one cycle.

babinro:
It's been a very long time since I've played ME1 and 2, but why were the people on Earth so oblivious to the coming invasion? Didn't the proof of this threat show itself on multiple occasions and take an entire galactic fleet to destroy just one (where now there are a bunch of them invading in force)

I do plan to re-visit these games again before buying ME3...maybe I'll be able to answer my own questions.

No one except Cerberus believes you in ME2. They think that the Geth are behind the attack on the Citadel and that the Reaper was just a fictional story of Saren to control the Geth.

Rule of invasion:

Subjugate the native population. Destroying symbols, leaders, infrastructure -- ways of life -- all reduce the will/ability to resist.

Reapers destroy and consume advanced civilizations.

My only guess is that before they do the harvesting they completely wipe out any opposition/danger to them. In the end it's just a cinematic trailer to get people hyped about the game. Which completely worked for me I'm really excited for ME3 now.

Flamezdudes:
If the Reapers are destroying earth the way we have seen them doing in trailers and in gameplay video's and the demo, how are they harvesting any humans to Reaperise? The way it looks to me, they are just destroying everything and not capturing any humans to make into any Reapers.

Just wondering and its something i'm confused about.

Step 1) Reapers attack major cities and cut off humans from communicating with one another.

Step 2) Reapers send husks to collect survivors.

Step 3) Reapers establish bases in controlled areas.

Step 4) Bases begin building new Reapers with collected survivors.

Step 5) Profit (for the Reapers).

Edit: One of the trailers (not the cinematic one) shows Shep bombing a Reaper base with a small, possibly juvenile Reaper being constructed inside, so I'm pretty sure this is how it goes down.

babinro:
Earth is under attack by massive unstoppable Reapers...quick let's travel across the galaxy for help to save Earth. Do these massive machines just invade and wreak havoc for 30 minutes and then take a 9 month break? Wouldn't Earth long be destroyed by the time our heroes get back to help? The threat seemed more immediate than what they lead it to be.

According to Vigil (in ME 1) it can take several months to a year per populated planet. The last Reaper invasion took Centuries to complete. The Reapers are a slow threat - very methodical.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked