Your Favorite Game Achievement

Whether it's a stupidly over complicated weapon checklist on Dead Rising 2 or getting your Snidely Whiplash on in Red Dead Redemption, the one achievement in one game that you actually enjoyed earning. Mine being the Snidely Whiplash example.

So enlighten me what's your favorite? Are you on of those completionists who have to have 100% of everything, or one of those who enjoy the little things like the lost art of tying damsels in distress to railroad tracks?

I think my favorite trophy to collect was the Ding! Champion Trophy in Borderlands. (Reach level 50). My least favourite was in Fallout 3 when i had finished all the main quest and all DLC's except for the pitt, and there is this trophy for collecting all 100 Steel Ingots... my game decided to glitch everytime I collected 99 Ingots, so i had to restart the whole DLC after three failed attempts and lose about 10 hours of gameplay.

Mbellosg:
I think my favorite trophy to collect was the Ding! Champion Trophy in Borderlands. (Reach level 50). My least favourite was in Fallout 3 when i had finished all the main quest and all DLC's except for the pitt, and there is this trophy for collecting all 100 Steel Ingots... my game decided to glitch everytime I collected 99 Ingots, so i had to restart the whole DLC after three failed attempts and lose about 10 hours of gameplay.

Also from Borderlands: I'm On A Boat! Sure, it's all a very transparent setup for a random pop culture reference, but who cares, it's great

Favorite achievement:

'Dastardly!' from red dead redemption. Kidnapping someone and tying them to a railroad track and watching them get killed by the train was the best part about that game.

I really loved the 'kill no one/no alarms' achievements in Deus Ex HR. Perfect mix of fun and challenge.

I think they're a couple of the rare ones that I go out of my way to get.

I guess it would be the Insanity playthrough achievement for Mass Effect 2, simply because it was the last achievement I needed to get 100% completed.

"Chupathingy" from Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare.

Why?

Because it's named after me, that's why!

ChupathingyX:
"Chupathingy" from Red Dead Redemption - Undead Nightmare.

Why?

Because it's named after me, that's why!

Awww yeah Red vs. Blue (my senior quote is "The wheel keeps spinning, but the hampster's dead).

OT: My favorite achievements that I've ever gotten were the achievements for beating the game on co-op. I've beaten every Gears game with my little brother. We are working on beating the third one on insanity.

The achievement 'Going for Distance' (Impale an enemy and make him fly through the air for 17 meters - it must stick to a surface) is one of my favourites, as I got it with 2 other achievements as well (Taste of your Own Medicine and Skewered in space - impaling a live Slasher with a Slasher's arm and blasting out a window with an impaled Enemy respectively).

Besides that big combo, there's also the achievements from Halo Reach 'Tank Beats Everything' and 'A Monument to All Your Sins' - the first just 'cause it's one of my favourite quotes from the halo series, and the second 'cause it's the other favourite quote from Halo AND was also a nice, fun, challenging achievement to get.

Either the 'Out of the Park' achievement where you have to bat someone and send them flying 25 meters or 'Moon Shot' where you have to nail an enemy with the baseball from across the map. Both are scout achievements for TF2.

Psychonauts

I Think They Were Impressed: Introduce all Camp Kids to Mr. Pokeylope.

REcaptcha:presra which

In Starcraft 2, there is a mission where you normally need to steal a few canisters of a precious gas and get the hell out of there. Well, if instead you completely destroy the enemy, so you get the hidden "You're So Crazy!" achievement.

"Easiest achievement EVER!" for pressing the start button to start the game in "The Simpsons Game".

I thought it was funny.

I can't think of one I really enjoyed getting but there was one where I was more awesome than the achievement expected. RE5 has an achievement for hitting an arrow coming at you with your knife. I accidentally shot one out of the air at which point me and my friends stopped, looked at eachother and said "The fuck?" It was complete blind luck and basically impossible so I can see why it isn't an achievement on its own, but if it had just been "Deflect an Arrow"...

In Warhammer 40K: Space Marine.

"Devastation!"
Have 10 times more kills than deaths in a single game of Annihilation.

Annihilation is the Team Deathmatch mode of Space Marine, and it requires 41 kills to win. This achievement require you to get at least quarter of the teams kill and very few deaths.

The ratio for this achievement goes like this:
10 Kills - 1 death
20 Kills - 2 deaths
30 Kills - 3 deaths
40 kills - 4 deaths
5 or more deaths = Try Again

I liked it because it was challenging and a lot of fun to get.

Al-Bundy-da-G:
Whether it's a stupidly over complicated weapon checklist on Dead Rising 2 or getting your Snidely Whiplash on in Red Dead Redemption, the one achievement in one game that you actually enjoyed earning. Mine being the Snidely Whiplash example.

So enlighten me what's your favorite? Are you on of those completionists who have to have 100% of everything, or one of those who enjoy the little things like the lost art of tying damsels in distress to railroad tracks?

I was so happy when I beat Ruby weapon on FF7. I know it isn't extremely difficult, but as a kid it was pretty tough.

Portal 2

"Lunacy - That just happened"

I can't directly remember what my reaction was, but at the part of the game when you [SPOILER] I said something along the lines of "Did that just.." and then *BING* "That just happened"

I think my favourite trophy would be "From a Tadpole to A Frog" from Zuma, a hard earned trophy from a hard, but very addictive game that I love.

I'm not a completionist, or rather I can't be one, I simply enjoy unlocking achievements/trophies and see how far I can go.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked