Guild Wars 2 Press Beta [Loads of Gameplay Videos]

The highly anticipated, upcoming MMORPG Guild Wars 2, recently held a press beta last weekend. On Monday the embargo lifted, which pretty much opened the floodgates to all the press that took part. So here are the vids I've collected... There's a lot.

I really liked the vids showing the games World vs World gameplay and various commentaries.

-Gameplay-

MikeB aka Fony
BFF Report - Ep 100 - Guild Wars 2
Guild Wars 2 - Charr Female Character Creator
Guild Wars 2 - Charr Male Character Creator
Guild Wars 2 - Guided City Tour - The Black Citadel
Guild Wars 2 - Human Female Character Creator
Guild Wars 2 - Human Male Character Creator
Guild Wars 2 - Guided City Tour - Divinity's Reach
Guild Wars 2 - Norn Female Character Creator
Guild Wars 2 - Norn Male Character Creator
Guild Wars 2 - Guided City Tour - Hoelbrak
Guild Wars 2 - Dungeons - Ascalon Catacombs

Yogscast
Guild Wars 2 Beta: Norn Creation and Starting Area Part 1
Guild Wars 2 Beta: Norn Creation and Starting Area Part 2
Guild Wars 2 Beta: Norn Part 3 - Bear Cubs and Swimming
Guild Wars 2 Beta: Norn Part 4 - Personal Story
Guild Wars 2 Beta: Charr Part 1 - Fury of the Dead
Guild Wars 2 Beta: Charr Part 2 - Death Star
Guild Wars 2 Beta: Charr Part 3 - An "Easy" Skill Point

TotalBiscuit
GW2 Beta - Mesmer Gameplay / Overview
GW2 Beta - Character Cinematics

Curse Network
Guild Wars 2: Achievements
Guild Wars 2: Human Starting Instance
Guild Wars 2: Charr Starting Instance
Guild Wars 2: Norn Starting Instance
Guild Wars 2: Skill Book Collectable
Guild Wars 2: Guild & Merchants
Guild Wars 2: Dye Vendor
Guild Wars 2: Gathering
Guild Wars 2: Character Sheet & Mini Pets
Guild Wars 2: Norn Mesmer Play-through 1
Guild Wars 2: Norn Mesmer Play-through 2
Guild Wars 2 - Charr Ranger Gameplay Pt1
Guild Wars 2 - Charr Ranger Gameplay Pt2

Guild Wars 2: Female Human Emotes
Guild Wars 2: Male Human Emotes
Guild Wars 2: Female Charr Emotes
Guild Wars 2: Male Charr Emotes
Guild Wars 2: Female Norn Emotes
Guild Wars 2: Male Norn Emotes
Guild Wars 2: Ranger, Warrior & Thief Skills
Guild Wars 2: Elementalist & Engineer Skills
Guild Wars 2: Guardian, Mesmer & Necro Skills

Guild Wars 2: Map Exploration
Guild Wars 2: PvP Armour Slots
Guild Wars 2: The Mist PvP Vendor
Guild Wars 2: Guardian PvP Gameplay
Guild Wars 2: Elementalist PvP Gameplay
Guild Wars 2: Engineer PvP Gameplay
Guild Wars 2: Mesmer PvP Gameplay

Guild Wars 2 - Ascalon Catacombs group instance (level 30) Pt 1
Guild Wars 2 - Ascalon Catacombs group instance (level 30) Pt 2
Guild Wars 2 - Ascalon Catacombs group instance (level 30) Pt 3
Guild Wars 2 - Ascalon Catacombs group instance (level 30) Pt 4
Guild Wars 2 - Ascalon Catacombs group instance (level 30) Pt 5

Guild Wars 2 - World Special Event

TOO MUCH! (╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

GW2Online
45mins WvW Gameplay Footage
GW2 - Mesmer PvP (Battle of Kyhlo)
GW2 - Mesmer PvP (Forest of Niflhel)

MMORPG.com
Guild Wars 2: World VS World Gameplay Preview 1
Guild Wars 2: World VS World Gameplay Preview 2
Guild Wars 2: Human Hero Panel
Guild Wars 2: Human Thief Gameplay Preview 1
Guild Wars 2: Human Thief Gameplay Preview 2
Guild Wars 2: Norn Engineer Gameplay 1
Guild Wars 2: Norn Engineer Gameplay 2
Guild Wars 2: Ranger Demo

IGN
Guild Wars 2: Character Creation
Guild Wars 2: Mesmer
Guild Wars 2: World vs. World PvP
Guild Wars 2: Conquest Mode PvP

Gamespot
Mini Podcast - Guild Wars 2 Beta
Ice Drake Broodmother Fight
Disrupt Grawl Worship
Shaemoor Garrison Skirmish
Killing the Flame Legion

Machinima
HUNDAR HUNGERS - Guild Wars 2 Beta! Charr Engineer!

GW2Online.net
GWOnline Beta Event Trailer
Guild Wars 2 System Menu Options
Guild Wars 2 Beta Charr Gameplay

Massively
Guild Wars 2 Beta Montage

JeuxOnline
GW2 - Ranger Pets
GW2 - WvW Borderlands CBT Press
GW2 - WvW Eternal Battleground CBT Press
GW2 - WvW Confrontation CBT Press
GW2 - PvP with Mesmer

Random
Guild Wars 2: War of the Undead Ascalon City Beta Gameplay
Guild Wars 2: Catacombs Dungeon Beta gameplay 1
Guild Wars 2: Catacombs Dungeon Beta gameplay 2
Guild Wars 2: Mesmer in New PvP Map

Thanks for this. I was trying to Google coverage together and I hit on this. Definitely going to start wading my way through after dinner.

Quite a list considering the amount of groups allowed access and the limited time of the test, just so you know though totalbiscuit has added another video since then.

Wow, fantastic list!! Can't wait for GW2 =D

STOP WITH THAT!

I know its comming, I just want arenanet to STFU and take my goddamn money! But they wont, and they keep teasing, freaking crap -.-

I really want to watch these all but I'm worried it will get in the way of some of the joy of discovery when the game really launches.

Worgen:
I really want to watch these all but I'm worried it will get in the way of some of the joy of discovery when the game really launches.

Yeah, I know. But you should at least watch the WvW PvP ones to get an idea of what it will be like. These three seem pretty good.
- Guild Wars 2: World vs. World PvP
- Guild Wars 2: Map Exploration
- 45mins WvW Gameplay Footage

ANET SHUT AND TAKE MY MONEY!

also, thanks allot for making a nice list :)

I've been watching my way through the Yogscast ones very slowly. I really just want the public beta to go live so I can find out if it controls nicely (can't really get that from a video and it's immensely personal preference). If it feels smooth it's getting preordered.

Watching videos and getting hyped about things is something I try to avoid, this has my interest though.

Thanks for the list though, bookmarked.

DazZ.:
I've been watching my way through the Yogscast ones very slowly. I really just want the public beta to go live so I can find out if it controls nicely (can't really get that from a video and it's immensely personal preference). If it feels smooth it's getting preordered.

Watching videos and getting hyped about things is something I try to avoid, this has my interest though.

Thanks for the list though, bookmarked.

ArenaNet actually tweeted my last night, saying they'll have a surprise for us today. Maybe it could be about the public beta.

Master10K:
ArenaNet actually tweeted my last night, saying they'll have a surprise for us today. Maybe it could be about the public beta.

Yeah I saw that, don't want to get my hopes up and be let down though. :P If it is the beta I'm sure it would just be the date that's a few months away.

I've got to the point where I don't want to watch any more videos and just want to wait for the beta.

A few things that look awesome though, is the down levelling when you go to older areas and help friends. Constantly playing WoW with my friends we had different times we could play and ended up having to catch up with each other or one of us coming and making the quests stupidly easy, this seems to keep the challenge and not have people worrying about getting too far ahead of the people they play with.

The quest system seems really nice as well, not having to go hand stuff in or missing out on things because you didn't accept all the quests from somewhere.

DazZ.:
Yeah I saw that, don't want to get my hopes up and be let down though. :P If it is the beta I'm sure it would just be the date that's a few months away.

I've got to the point where I don't want to watch any more videos and just want to wait for the beta.

A few things that look awesome though, is the down levelling when you go to older areas and help friends. Constantly playing WoW with my friends we had different times we could play and ended up having to catch up with each other or one of us coming and making the quests stupidly easy, this seems to keep the challenge and not have people worrying about getting too far ahead of the people they play with.

The quest system seems really nice as well, not having to go hand stuff in or missing out on things because you didn't accept all the quests from somewhere.

I was right. it was beta. Just signed up.

I also really like those features about GW2, because it makes playing with people always fun and rewarding. Just watching the Yogscasts play together is fun and rewarding. ^_^

Master10K:

DazZ.:

I was right. it was beta. Just signed up.

I also really like those features about GW2, because it makes playing with people always fun and rewarding. Just watching the Yogscasts play together is fun and rewarding. ^_^

Do you know when they are announcing who is in the beta?

Chairman Miaow:
Do you know when they are announcing who is in the beta?

Presumably some time after applications are closed (about 20-ish hours from now).

My guess is early/mid next week, with the first beta event then taking place on the weekend. But then I'm an optimist.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked