Why I am not going to buy Mass Effect 3

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

erttheking:

Loop Stricken:

psicat:
And, I am going to buy Mass Effect 3.

I have enjoyed your logical, reasoned and well-debated reasoning and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

I'm sorry were you expecting him to write a thesis paper over why he wanted to buy a bloody video game?

A thesis STATEMENT would be nice. I have no idea why he's going to buy it.

OT: No. I haven't even played Mass Effect 2 because money.

Well all I have to say about that is....

Good luck with the boycott! You know, because those have worked so well in the past...

Sorry, but this is a very minor problem and to be honest, we are NEVER going to stop EA from doing this crap.

I have pred-ordered the N7 Collector's Edition so this doesn't affect me to much. I can understand why people are angry about this. It does seem like an underhanded move by EA.

Jaric93:
I loved Mass Effect, and Mass Effect 2 but after watching this video I have cancelled my pre-order
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri0vrJ-y2zM&context=C39179a6ADOEgsToPDskJl3lWj020_lrFLeeTgWUh4

This kind of thing just goes too far and is the king of money grabbing nonsense I just can't stand. All I ask is that you watch the video and consider the implications.

Edit: The video in short explains that bioware and ea are forcing you to pay for a game changing character those of you who who have played mass effect will realise the significance of this kind of Team-mate.

The content is only avalible for those who are willing to fork out for the collectors edition or pay extra for day of release DLC

that sucks, but let's face it - the game will be worth playing without it

i plan to buy the game and already have it preordered on origin. anything i say will be pointless since no one here will change there minds.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

antidonkey:
The lack of or overabundance of DLC plays no factor in my decision on purchasing a game. So long as they don't sell me 1/2 a game at full price and require DLC to get the other 1/2,

Well, thats the thing. The DLC character is a FUCKING PROTHEAN. A LIVING, BREATHING PROTHEAN THAT JOINS YOUR PARTY. Did you play the first two games? If you did, you know that is a big deal. That is the most important character you will ever be able to recruit into your party out of all the games right there, and EA is holding him ransom.

I mean, come on. A PROTHEAN!!! Fuck! A prothean! Its such a big deal, I dont know what else to say, so im just going to keep repeating myself! A PROTHEAN IN YOUR PARTY!!! YOU CAN TALK TO HIM!!! AND HES DLC!!!

So? It could be fricking Santa Claus or Jesus in the DLC, that doesn't mean the character is necessarily important. It could just be a dude that follows you around or has no conversation options like Zaeed or Kasumi, if the char turns out to be a critical part of the plot there will be justification for bitching. If not you are all going to look pretty stupid.

I guess Bioware trying to fair and give players the option to get some of the content from the collectors edition is all wrong. Lots of ME2 players begged for some of the special edition content to become available, they do so with ME3 and everyone bitches?

If your precious Prothean means so much to maybe you should have put your hands in your pocket and got the collectors edition.

Somebody summed it up in another forum for me.

"Would it have been acceptable if Garrus had been made DLC instead? After all, he's not VITAL tot he plot, is he?"

Of course it wouldn't. And the Protheon is clearly important after 2 games of building them up.

Also, not spoiling anything, after reading the script and the method of defeating the Reapers...he is going to be INCREDIBLY important.

It's EAware abusing easily pleased customers again.

I know this has already been said, but it's true. People are making way too many bad assumptions based on the simple fact that this character is a prothean. I think it's obvious from this fact that you will at least be coming across other protheans in the game anyways, so I think we're going to learn about them either way. Chances are this character was made with no more effort than a re-skinned gun with different stats. It was probably made like this:

"Hey I have an idea for dlc, lets give them a prothean as a team member."
"Yeah, that shouldn't be too hard. Just copy-paste one of the ones from the back of that group and apply the standard combat animations to them."
"What stats should he have?"
"I dunno, just take the stats of some other character and teak them a little."
"What about lines"
-looks offscreen-"Hey Jerry! Here, go record lines for an hour."
"Well then, it looks like we're done."

I mean, sure that's also an assumption based on no evidence, but my claim is just as valid as his. What if the character is a clone or something like Grunt, and therefore has no memories of the Protheans. What if you get him right at the end of the game and he's just there so you can say that you have a rare species that people don't normally have, on your team cause you're awesome and has no real relevance to the plot other than maybe a loyalty mission you do for them, assuming they have those in ME3. *coughlegioncough* Hell, maybe you get him at the beginning, but nobody can understand his language apart from a few very basic words he might be able to speak to shepard (so that he still makes sense as a squad member) and doesn't say anything else for the entire game. All we know is that there is indeed at least one prothean in this game, What a twist! Frankly I wouldn't be suprised if you mean like, 200 of them just sitting around somewhere.

What if I'm right and this character has very little to do with the game and is basically no different than a new gun, or practically cosmetic? That boycott would be pretty silly the now wouldn't it. That's like saying, "Don't vote for Obama because if you read too much into a speech he gave, he hinted that there's a small chance he might, possibly do something in the future that you might not like, maybe... perhaps." At least wait a second before shouting boycott at everything, jesus christ calm the hell down. I was probably gonna wait a little while before getting this game anyways, if it turns out that this DLC guy actually makes a real huge difference in the plot, then maybe I'll wait till the game goes down in price. Hell, you do realize that if he does reveal something, you can look it up on youtube, since it'll be in a cutscene anyways, and lore is unlikely to be paragon/renegade dependent, so it's not like yo'll be missing out on gameplay or anything.

My point is that you're all jumping to the worst possible conclusion, like not having this DLC will drastically change the game for you. News flash, I think we're gonna learn more about the protheans in ME3 regardless, unless of course people are complaining because you have to pay 10 bucks to be able to romance and sleep with a Prothean in which case, fine do your thing, I guess you're justified since that is something you definitely won't be able to do without him?

Shouldn't people be talking more about the fact that this basically confirms that you will be meeting protheans? That's a much more realistic and probable assumption than "you're game is ruined forever if you don't buy the DLC."

Okay I should really stop and go to bed, but just one more:

Canadish:
Somebody summed it up in another forum for me.

"Would it have been acceptable if Garrus had been made DLC instead? After all, he's not VITAL tot he plot, is he?"

Of course it wouldn't. And the Protheon is clearly important after 2 games of building them up.

Also, not spoiling anything, after reading the script and the method of defeating the Reapers...he is going to be INCREDIBLY important.

It's EAware abusing easily pleased customers again.

That example is flawed. I agree, if they removed Garrus from the game it'd be unreasonable, BUT the keyword here is removed. He was already in the game, and removing him would obviously detract from it. This is ADDing a character, he might not really do anything, like I said earlier. sure they've built up the Prothean RACE during the games, but they didn't build up any specific character, at least not in the games I played. I hate repeating myself, but chances are we are going to meet some other god damn protheans in this game, not just the one for DLC.

And on the script thing. I didn't read it to avoid spoilers, but based on what you said, I can assume this. The protheans are going to be important to defeating the reapers, frankly that could easily be assumed without spoiler script. However, before this leak were you going to yourself saying, "Oh clearly we're gonna get a prothean teammate cause that's the only way that the protheans could be involved with the defeating of the reapers, and not any of their technology, knowledge, or even their people themselves could be involved." You're now assuming that because protheans are involved with the reapers, that this squadmate will be important, which is sort of backwards thinking, like saying something predicted an event, only after the event occurred. Like I said, I didn't read that document, so I may be completely wrong and it might say "Then the Prothean squadmate kills the reaper, unless you don't have the DLC in which case you're screwed." on it's last line, but whatever.

Kay I may have missed this,A bit to heavy on the ranting in the middle for me to read it all, But when I first played the demo I was confused,

Minor Spoilers if you haven't played it

I didn't understand how I went from destroying a collector ship in a Cerberus vessel to being grounded in an alliance base. well after asking around I discovered the missing link. A mass Effect 2 DLC, explaining the coming of the reapers, the destruction of a galaxy, Shepard being grounded, and I'm sure to play a big part in ME3, The Batarians hatred toward Shepard.
All of this seems pretty big to the plot.

This isn't the first time Bioware/EA has done this and I didn't hear big outrage over that DLC. Yes I think that having a Prothean on your team will have big implications on the game and that with-holding that for money is wrong, but really until the game is out and its proven that he is a big part of the game, he's just a DLC like Kasumi, Fun to have on the team, but no big change if she isn't. The only thing this has made me do is be wary. I won't buy the game right away, I'll wait see the reviews and then buy it, and maybe buy this DLC also, But I'm buying it cause I want a Prothean team-mate,Not because I have to buy him to finish the game.

you call is whiners, we call you complacent

I'm not buying this because EA expects me to pirate it.
I'm just going to watch other people play, that's waaay less effort for almost the same experience.

It just seems like he spends the whole time ranting about the existence of a day-one DLC that is sold with the Collector's Edition. To be honest, I have no problem with that. I paid an extra 20$ for the CE, I better get some damned DLC. Also, this new teammate, while a Prothean, probably would be in the same vein as Zaeed and Kasumi. I don't see this as game-breaking at all.

What I don't understand is how people can complain about this, but not about Arrival. Without that DLC (that you have to pay for) you wouldn't understand how ME3 even starts! THAT is more vital than the Prothean teammate. I have a friend that refused to buy the DLC for ME2, and when he played the ME3 demo, he had no idea why Shepard was discharged and on trial. He was completely lost until I told him about what happened in Arrival.

But seriously, this is all speculation. His argument is founded on assumptions.

Same here. I was on the fence about buying Mass effect 3 but this just pushed me away from it. I may buy at used at some point but there are other titles coming out around the same time I want to get that don't hate the customer.

Edit: Poster above me.
What did happen on arrival? I never heard of it and just assumed they did the same thing Gears of war 3 did and covered the section between games in books or something. That's actully pretty damn crap of them.

Why do people give a crap what total biscuit thinks? If you are getting influenced by him, then you should probably never get an opinion by anyone ever because you'll just instantly change your mind and never have an independent thought again.

MrDeckard:

Good luck with the boycott! You know, because those have worked so well in the past...

Sorry, but this is a very minor problem and to be honest, we are NEVER going to stop EA from doing this crap.

People not buying their games would. Maybe if so many people, like you, would drop your attitude and stop buying their games despite them pulling this stuff and breaking down and being wusses and effectively saying "I don't like what company X is doing but i wana play their gaaaaammmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Until then, you're right. Nothing is going to stop them from pulling this crap, when YOU and others let them.

girzwald:

MrDeckard:

People not buying their games would. Maybe if so many people, like you, would drop your attitude and stop buying their games despite them pulling this stuff and breaking down and being wusses and effectively saying "I don't like what company X is doing but i wana play their gaaaaammmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Until then, you're right. Nothing is going to stop them from pulling this crap, when YOU and others let them.

Well I'm sorry if you think I'm a "wuss" for saying so, but as Mass Effect is one of the greatest series in gaming and I would pretty much play the final installment no matter what bullshit EA threw at me.

Yeah, I don't like what they are doing. However, even if every single person who read this thread boycotted and they all got three friends to boycott with them, there would STILL be zero dent in EA's profits from ME3.

Instead, lot's of people don't get to have a great gaming experience just because they thought it mean something if they stamped their feet and crossed their arms.

If that's what YOU want to do, that's fine. Just don't think I'm a "wuss" for knowing how ineffectual boycotts are.

MrDeckard:

And this, ladies and gentlemen ... Is also the reason WHY it won't work.

I wonder when will people realize EA actually needs customers? Of course, they prefer sheep ... but they will also sell to wolves once sheep are not available.

Hey hey, I ordered a few CEs, so not only will I get the prothean, I will also cancel out a few of you who are voting with their wallets!

(One coppy for me, two as gifts for friends)

I dont see much of an issue here, if you want the extra bit then pay the extra it costs. And there is a lot of dead time between when a game goes gold and when a game is shipped and goes into players hands.

A lot of that down time these days is now used to make some DLC for us instead of moving onto a new game.

It's a little fucking annoying, but I'm still gonna buy the game; I've got too much invested in the story to not know how it ends. Ofcourse I can watch the whole game on Youtube, or something, but that would totally lack the personal experience of playing it through with my own Shepard.

I won't buy the DLC untill I've actually played the game through a couple times though.

boag:

Loop Stricken:

Coreless:
The industry is and always was, about making money...lets me say it again...the industry is and always was, about making money.

No shit. I don't mind that, but this move is effectively holding content to ransom.

tendaji:
Why are we assuming the Protean is going to be a huge importance to the game?

Because he's a Prothean, plain and simple. Without the Protheans we'd effectively have no Mass Effect games.

I would like to address your points.

1.- we wont know if they are holding content for ransom until the game is releases, Zaeed was not a plot centric character even though he was integral to the Blue Suns, who are major antagonists in ME2

2.- That is a poor logical conclusion to reach, just because Shepard is human it doesnt make every other human as important.

Both would be correct, if humans were the race that went extinct 50,000 years ago, wiped out by the same things we are fighting in ME3.

I am extremely on the fence, having just finished the demo (no multi yet, servers are going down in an hour and people ain't playing it this early anyway). The game still has pretty fun combat, people complaining about lack of variety now get a "hybrid" between then ME1 and ME2 class systems (not as many "trees" or "rows" to put points into as in ME1, but almost twice as many as in ME2), dialog is still good, and guys I like are returning (at least Mordin, Wrex, Garrus and Joker). I especially like Wrex being back on the team.

It was inevitable I guess. (Both threads like this and the DLC itself)
I just won't get the DLC, you know, being a sensible person and everything.

A few statements have been issued stating that is not game changing DLC. It's a bonus squad member, like Kasumi.

This is a damn petty reason not to get ME3. Some people really need to get off their high horse.

Yeah... I've thought about it, I've done my research, I've looked up this, that, and the other thing, and I have come to the following conclusion: I will not buy Mass Effect 3 until the DLC "From Ashes", the object of the uproar, becomes free to download. And screw the collector's edition.

For those of you who haven't heard, Bioware has responded to the outrage with the following post. Taken from http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9403705/1

There has been a lot of discussion about the DLC offering but we wanted to clarify a few things...

- "From Ashes" includes the Prothean squad mate, an adventure on Eden Prime, a new weapon, and an alternate
appearance for every squad mate. Note that these alternate appearances are in addition to the ones already advertised in the CE.

- The Collectors Edition has been advertised from the beginning as containing a bonus character/mission, but we were not at liberty to provide the details. The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase). Mass Effect 3 is a complete - and a huge game - right out of the box.

- The content in "From Ashes" was developed by a separate team (after the core game was finished) and not completed until well after the main game went into certification.

- The Collectors Edition has been sold out in most places for some time now, and is becoming very hard to find (many players prefer not to purchase the digital version). As such, we wanted to make this content available so that SE buyers could also incorporate the Prothean into their game.

We'll be releasing some images and video about this pack in the coming days.

As always, we are extremely thankful for all of your support. We pulled out all of the stops to make Mass Effect 3 the best game ever, and we can't wait for you all to experience it.

Sorry, Bioware, but I just don't quite buy it.
In particular, I'd like to pick out the phrase, "the version many fans would be likely to purchase." I read that, and I can't help think, "We at Bioware know our fans are kinda sheepy, and many gamers have been waiting for ME3 for so long, we think we can get away with charging for this piece of content that should probably be free." Okay, maybe I'm reading into this entirely too much, but the thought still lingers.

TopazFusion:

Anthony Wells:
im surprised Zeel hasnt shown up in this thread

Oh good, I'm not the only one wondering this.

Yeah I think he gets off of suspension today. So that's going to be very enjoyable...

J Tyran:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

antidonkey:
The lack of or overabundance of DLC plays no factor in my decision on purchasing a game. So long as they don't sell me 1/2 a game at full price and require DLC to get the other 1/2,

Well, thats the thing. The DLC character is a FUCKING PROTHEAN. A LIVING, BREATHING PROTHEAN THAT JOINS YOUR PARTY. Did you play the first two games? If you did, you know that is a big deal. That is the most important character you will ever be able to recruit into your party out of all the games right there, and EA is holding him ransom.

I mean, come on. A PROTHEAN!!! Fuck! A prothean! Its such a big deal, I dont know what else to say, so im just going to keep repeating myself! A PROTHEAN IN YOUR PARTY!!! YOU CAN TALK TO HIM!!! AND HES DLC!!!

So? It could be fricking Santa Claus or Jesus in the DLC, that doesn't mean the character is necessarily important. It could just be a dude that follows you around or has no conversation options like Zaeed or Kasumi, if the char turns out to be a critical part of the plot there will be justification for bitching. If not you are all going to look pretty stupid.

I guess Bioware trying to fair and give players the option to get some of the content from the collectors edition is all wrong. Lots of ME2 players begged for some of the special edition content to become available, they do so with ME3 and everyone bitches?

If your precious Prothean means so much to maybe you should have put your hands in your pocket and got the collectors edition.

Wheres that "Biodrone glasses" picture when you need it....

tendaji:

TopazFusion:

Anthony Wells:
im surprised Zeel hasnt shown up in this thread

Oh good, I'm not the only one wondering this.

Yeah I think he gets off of suspension today. So that's going to be very enjoyable...

Oh God I don't even want to think about that.

Mafoobula:
Yeah... I've thought about it, I've done my research, I've looked up this, that, and the other thing, and I have come to the following conclusion: I will not buy Mass Effect 3 until the DLC "From Ashes", the object of the uproar, becomes free to download. And screw the collector's edition.

For those of you who haven't heard, Bioware has responded to the outrage with the following post. Taken from http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/323/index/9403705/1

There has been a lot of discussion about the DLC offering but we wanted to clarify a few things...

- "From Ashes" includes the Prothean squad mate, an adventure on Eden Prime, a new weapon, and an alternate
appearance for every squad mate. Note that these alternate appearances are in addition to the ones already advertised in the CE.

- The Collectors Edition has been advertised from the beginning as containing a bonus character/mission, but we were not at liberty to provide the details. The Prothean is optional content that is certainly designed to appeal to long-time fans, which is why he is part of the CE offering (the version many fans would be likely to purchase). Mass Effect 3 is a complete - and a huge game - right out of the box.

- The content in "From Ashes" was developed by a separate team (after the core game was finished) and not completed until well after the main game went into certification.

- The Collectors Edition has been sold out in most places for some time now, and is becoming very hard to find (many players prefer not to purchase the digital version). As such, we wanted to make this content available so that SE buyers could also incorporate the Prothean into their game.

We'll be releasing some images and video about this pack in the coming days.

As always, we are extremely thankful for all of your support. We pulled out all of the stops to make Mass Effect 3 the best game ever, and we can't wait for you all to experience it.

Sorry, Bioware, but I just don't quite buy it.

And why not? It's directly from the source. What more do you need? Why all this paranoia?

I guess because that's easier than getting off that huge horse most of you seem to occupy.

I think too many people look into game speculation and judge games before they ever come out. I know nothing about the story except for the very beginning. I do know of a few controversial gameplay choices. Most of it alludes to the possibility that the game is going to sell out and be a shell of its former sell, but it's hard to say. I do agree that releasing DLC right when the game comes out is bullshit. I especially hate exclusive DLC available only for limited edition versions. It's a bullshit marketing technique. DLC is supposed to be content that is released months after the game comes out, not as a means to squeeze more money out of people during launch. I think the trend of releasing DLC with games as they launch is becoming a horrible fad.

I love that some people in the thread are mad that other people aren't getting a game.

Mass Effect 3 isn't buying you child food and medicine. It's not a necessity you should get angry at people for not having.

If they don't want to buy it for whatever reason, cool.

If you had a friend that came over and punched you in the balls every time he saw you, but always bought you drinks and shit, and somebody was like "I'm not hanging out with them anymore", getting all raged out is stupid.

Maybe you can tolerate your friends (EA's) gaffes. Maybe what he does otherwise doesn't bother you. Cool. But if somebody has enough of that and is like "I'm done with this relationship", don't get all bent out of shape and act like EA 'needs' their money and shit.

Here's the thing. You aren't supposed to be 'loyal' to EA. EA sure as heck isn't loyal to you, and this sort of thing proves it.

The costumer/creator relationship is a directly antagonistic one. They do as least as they can to make as much money as they can, and you try to get the most out of your money.

If some people are saying that, they don't feel they're getting that most and are moving on, cool.

Arguments like "Well, duh, of course they're charging you your left leg this time for a video game. They're trying to make money! Just suck it up and buy it anyways!" makes you captain obvious and a sucker. Nobody was confused by the fact they wanted money. They just happen to feel that they're not getting your money's worth too. Because that 'make money/keep money' thing goes both way.

"EA wants money" isn't and shouldn't really be a valid excuse for what they do, as if you the customer aren't allowed to want to save money, or like EA's some sort of charity that you absolutely HAVE to pay into, or Mass Effect 3 is your God and you can't do without.

Now, if you feel that 70+ dollars for a short game (at least going by DA2 and ME2's measure) + 1 extra single character, +probably 5/10 dollars to unlock shit already on your game disk that you already bought and additional fees to get content vital to the story of the game (like Arrival DLC)if you don't happen to buy from the 'correct' vendor or the 'correct' box, etc.. is worth your time, then go ahead and buy it, and have fun with it. More power to you.

Just, as I said, don't get bent out of shape when some people had enough with that and found better business elsewhere, and don't yell at them like EA is their lover and they're cheating. The customer has to calculate more than just the producer's interest. Not doing so makes you a sucker, so stop yelling at people who's got a Cons list larger than a Pros list.

As for the people like "I feel like I'm paying EA to take a shit into my open mouth, but I can't back away because not enough people will and it won't matter".. you're suckers, big time. That's such a self-defeating self-fulfilling prophecy it hurts. Stopping buying things you don't want isn't about changing the industry overnight. Please realize that the major obstacle towards what you want is your own self-defeating attitude. Now note, none of that applies to people that saw 70+ dollars for a 10 hour game + 1 character and thought "That sounds good". If that's what you want and you think it's a fair price, again.. more power to you. By all means, have fun and enjoy your purchase.

Nimcha:

And why not? It's directly from the source. What more do you need? Why all this paranoia?

I guess because that's easier than getting off that huge horse most of you seem to occupy.

This is directly what I'm referring to. This attitude that somebody has to be on a 'high horse' to get tired of somebody being full of shit.

Holy crap, the level of Stockholm syndrome customers exhibit, where they get screwed and go "Well, I could had gotten a knife in my stomach for all my trouble, but I didn't, so I guess EA is deserving of my everlasting praise!". It's not 'high and mighty' to refuse to buy something when you think you're being cheated.

The reason the guy you're quoting 'doesn't buy it' is because it looks suspicious and they have a record of doing what they're saying they're not that's like 9 games back now.

If you saw a guy tying a woman to a train track while twirling a mustache and he's like "Um, this isn't what it looks like", then it's not you being high and mighty and condescending to be like "Reeeeaaaally now".

More so because this is like EA's 50th woman tied to a track in 5 years. That's not called paranoia, that's called pattern recognition.

The fact that this term is used a lot in this thread means here's a lot of people that think not blindly buying things that EA puts out is somehow condescending. Like we should be thankful that EA will deign to take our cash or something.

Like rejecting an offer to give EA more of our money is somehow above our station and we need to 'come back down to earth'.

Holy shit, we as a customer base need some self esteem.

I think everyone should have got the character for buying the game new, like with Zaeed in ME2 - maybe we just expected it. Hopefully, like shadow broker and arrival, the level will be more than just shooting stuff. Although im thinking it will be more of a history lesson.

But after seeing what he looks likes and (maybe) sounds like (space Jamaican)ive lost a lot of interest in it.

I feel that if the consumer base is going to boycott, this is the time to do it. Personally, I believe that this is very unprofessional of both EA and BioWare. Even if you are only mildly offended by this, to boycott this game, a game that most of us would love to play, (I believe) would force companies to cease this BS for at least a while.

All I ask is support for one game. If we as consumers can muster up the courage to deprive ourselves of one game, the biggest release in 2012 so far, just think how that would positively effect our rights as consumers. EA would definitely think twice before trying to pull this again.

You're not going to buy ME3 eventually? Pfff suuuuuuure, I've heard that for all sorts of games and you still end up buying them. As wrong as it is it won't stop people buying.

Ecliptica Wolf:
You're not going to buy ME3 eventually? Pfff suuuuuuure, I've heard that for all sorts of games and you still end up buying them. As wrong as it is it won't stop people buying.

Here's hoping that it eventually will, because otherwise EA and Bioware will just continue with their Practices (like they already did, see the "arrival" DLC with a quite central Plotpoint that lands Shepard where (s)he ends up at the Start of ME3) or they'll find something worse.

EA and Bioware have Business Practices that hurt the Videogame Medium. Buying their Product will get them more Money to be a even more destructive Force in the Business.

yaarrrggg!

it's the only possible anser if you refuse these kind of bussiness practices. Throw in the insult that is Origins spyware (EA sells your info to third-parties, steam does not) with that nickel and diming.
I wont even get DA3 or even bother pirating that after what they did with DA2 because it turned me off to the franchise. But i have been a big fan of ME, bought all the DLC for both games which ramp up to quite a big pricetag. Overpriced some would say, because of all the DLC i spend more money on the first 2 games, i could have easily gotten 3 complete other triple A games for that pricetag. I do not mind paying a little more for something i enjoy, but is just ripping of customers.
And most of the sentiment i just read here is that a lot of you are fine with being ripped of by EA/Bioware. It is those same sentiments that makes you puppets for the industry and will lead to having to buy half-finished games and spend loads of money on DLC just to get a complete game-experience. You are the reason games only get more expensive with less content in them because you LET THEM!
The only real power a consumer has is to not buy into that shit, so i wont. But as a big supporter of ME1 and 2, i wont be denied the ending to the series i have allready spend quite a lot of extra money on anyway. I am oke with a company that wants to maximize its profits from a popular product but what EA is doing borders on extortion.

If there was ever a reason for me not to buy Mass Effect 3, it's being so sick of hearing people whine about it that it puts me off the bloody thing.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked