Are you going to buy ME3, despite the rage around The DLC? (Rhyming ftw)
Yes, I was always going to regardless
48.8% (39)
48.8% (39)
I disagree with the Idea bioware/EA are promoting but will buy Mass effect 3 anyway
18.8% (15)
18.8% (15)
Not interested
8.8% (7)
8.8% (7)
No, I was a fan but dislike what bioware/ea are doing with dlc.
18.8% (15)
18.8% (15)
I was going to buy Mass Effect 3 like you. until I took an arrow in the knee.
3.8% (3)
3.8% (3)
Want to vote? Register now or Sign Up with Facebook
Poll: Mass Effect 3: Haters gonna Hate? *SPOILERS ALERT IN FIRST POST*

Before the DLC was announced, We were all going on about how much we loved the demo, Thought Multiplayer was amazing etc... Then like 60% jumped onto the bandwagon of believing due to one thing that may or may not greatly effect the story the entire game sucks, started thinking me3 is over hyped and shouldn't be bought. While I agree this sort of DLC (And I'm not saying bioware are releasing an "Incomplete" Game) Is a trend that shouldn't be continued, Why are we so pissed at ME3 itself? This is what hardcore Mass effect fans have been waiting for, isn't it? Are we really going to let something as circumstantial as DLC affect our perception of Mass Effect 3, or the Mass Effect series? Come on. Those of you who "refuse to buy the game" because of this are cutting off your nose to spite your face and judging it by rumour and Assumption, And at this point,
I've had enough of your continuous assumptions.
As many people have ALREADY said, This IS NOT ESSENTIAL GAMEPLAY.
Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below
*Spoilers* Purely due to the fact there is a possibility the prothean squad member May die in his loyalty mission, we can assume he/she isn't essential and nor is his game content?

Personally I was going to buy it anyway, but I heard that the Prothean is still a major character even if you don't get the DLC, the DLC just makes it so that he (I assume it's a he) becomes available as a squad mate and gives him a unique mission? See? Everyone wins.

While I am very passionate about this issue I really can't fathom why we need 100 different threads about the same issue. Bring these points to one of those discussions!

For Mass Effect 3, yes... I haven't play this series for the past 3 years to stop now just because I can't have 2-3 hours worth of stuff for free.

But Bioware... you better start asking yourself vwhether this will be worth it with Dragon Age in disgrace and Mass Effect being the closing chapter of your trilogy.

The goodwill will not last forever.

Fappy:
While I am very passionate about this issue I really can't fathom why we need 100 different threads about the same issue. Bring these points to one of those discussions!

LOL, I felt like making a poll/Jumping on the bandwagon. I think I may be one of two people who bought up this issue without on the other point of view. I'm the same but different :p
Or just weeeeeird.

Your poll is missing an option saying "I wasn't going to buy it to begin with, for reasons other than DLC's"

Vegosiux:
Your poll is missing an option saying "I wasn't going to buy it to begin with, for reasons other than DLC's"

See 'arrow to the knee' or 'not interested'.

RedBird:
Before the DLC was announced, We were all going on about how much we loved the demo, Thought Multiplayer was amazing etc... Then like 60% jumped onto the bandwagon of believing due to one thing that may or may not greatly effect the story the entire game sucks, started thinking me3 is over hyped and shouldn't be bought. While I agree this sort of DLC (And I'm not saying bioware are releasing an "Incomplete" Game) Is a trend that shouldn't be continued, Why are we so pissed at ME3 itself? This is what hardcore Mass effect fans have been waiting for, isn't it? Are we really going to let something as circumstantial as DLC affect our perception of Mass Effect 3, or the Mass Effect series? Come on. Those of you who "refuse to buy the game" because of this are cutting off your nose to spite your face and judging it by rumour and Assumption, And at this point,
Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below Spoilers below
*Spoilers* Purely due to the fact there is a possibility the prothean squad member May die in his loyalty mission, we can assume he/she isn't essential and nor is his game content?

His interaction with the Main plot Mcguffin is "da fuck is that thing?" he is not crucial, but he does enrich the plot.

I voted I disagree with SOME of the Ideas bioware/EA are promoting but will buy Mass effect 3 anyway,

Fappy:

This isnt really the same poll, for example mine was about people taking the risk and accepting a personal responsibility for buying the game, this one seems more focused on people are likely to accept the purchase of a product from a company when their ideals clash.

boag:

RedBird:

His interaction with the Main plot Mcguffin is "da fuck is that thing?" he is not crucial, but he does enrich the plot.

I voted I disagree with SOME of the Ideas bioware/EA are promoting but will buy Mass effect 3 anyway,

I actually love that, and the use of the word mcguffin.

Im just not sure i don't trust what EA/Bioware says because -i know they lie most of the time. The Second reason is the entire online pass concept and such just make me distrustful of their marketing and makes me think this is exactly what they would do to get more money out of us. Im probably going to avoid future EA products -aside from mass effect they have kill their credibility with me.

Well I was going to get the collectors edition untill GAME fucked up my pre-order...

I'm not getting because of the endings. If you care about ME3, you should just go ahead and cancel, because there is no good ending for people who care about the characters in the ME universe.

Pre-ordered the N7 edition last august, I was always getting the special edition and nothing was going to change that.

(though I was offered 120 for it yesterday)

Get with the times, OP.

People have largely forgotten bitching about the DLC to start bitching about the leaked spoilers for ME3's endings

Haven't been interested ever since they dumped the classic sci-fi atmosphere for simple summer blockbuster crap.

Began to lose interest when it was stated that the action figures would include DLC (wasn't this around December last year?) and any desire to buy the game finally died a ignoble death when it was announced that Origin would be required to run ME3.

And as piece after piece of of "non essantial" DLC was dropped as well as that book, that bug for the ending (if it's being shipped with an issue like that despite the rage and flames it'll produce)... Well lets just say I'm not regretting my decision.

I picked "Yes, I was always going to regardless". The DLC thing got overblown way out of proportions. I don't see why that should affect me, though. I'm not going to buy the DLC unless somebody comes to me, personally hands be $20 (or the equivalent in I suppose) and tells me "Go! Buy it!" Alternatively, I may get it if it's like 50% off (along with the game) or more. The point is - I never intended to spend more than the price of ME3. And I'm not going to.

Getting it anyway, I am sure I will find lot's of things that piss me off about it, just like DA2, but I still liked the game despite it's gaping flaws.

I do begin to despise Bioware more and more, though. It's like they come up with fantastic ideas and then pick up ways from a hat in which to fuck with them.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked