The March Mayhem 2012 thread! Who did YOU vote for?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

No worthwhile developer has ever won March Mayheym. Why should this year be any different?
Edit: As my girlfriend pointed out, it's possible for Bioware to win since MM happens around the release of Space Wizards 3.

I find everyone's lack of faith in Valve fan boys and hatred for Zynga quite disturbing. Anyway I have Valve winning in my bracket but that doesn't mean I will definitely vote for them to win. However, I love how they "forgot" to add the terms on the prizes page more so this one "You MUST be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the US, Canada, UK, AUS, or NZ to win".

They(the terms) are there and are easy enough to find but most won't think to look after seeing the prizes page.

I have Bethesda beating out Bioware, almost had it Bethesda beating VALVe but then I thought fuck it VALVe has been coasting off TF2 for too long.

I have Bethesda to win the final round with BioWare as the runner up.

soren7550:
I've got BioWare beating out Mojang (pretty sure I have Mojang for second).

Seeing as March Madness starts about a week or so after Mass Effect 3s launch, I believe (and hope) that'll be enough to finally grant them a win.

I think the minecraft wave has finally passed. Unless they launch new updates during MM =D

Nannernade:
I have Bethesda beating out Bioware, almost had it Bethesda beating VALVe but then I thought fuck it VALVe has been coasting off TF2 for too long.

portal 2 not doing it for you?

ResonanceSD:

Nannernade:

Haven't played Portal 2 yet, but I just like Bethesda more I s'pose ha ha. :)

Nannernade:

ResonanceSD:

Nannernade:

Lmfao. Check out portal 2 before yelling at valve XD

I will not be participating for the third year in a row. Fourth year, if you count the time that I lurked. Not much reward for something that everyone gets so pissy about.

ResonanceSD:

Nannernade:

ResonanceSD:

Lmfao. Check out portal 2 before yelling at valve XD

Ha ha who said anything about yelling, I was just making a comment :P
Now I'm sure Portal 2 is all fine and well but I've always been more of an RPG guy so that's why Bethesda's stuff appeals to me more even if I haven't played Portal 2. :)

I didn't realize that I was supposed to pick who I thought other people were supposed to vote for until about half-way through. :3 At that point I just decided to pick who I would vote for personally. :D Oh, and I completely invalidate the point of it by voting based on all past games, since this is my very first time participating in March Madness. :D

Bioware immediately lost to Re-Logic because Terraria provided me with insane amounts of entertainment with friends. :D

Valve easily made it the finals since they faced devs I didn't know all that much about (I didn't play their games. :3) To beat out Bethesda and claim a spot in the finals. This is because...I don't know. :D

Super Giant games made it pretty far but lost to Atlus, because I love Atlus. The toughest decision was From Software against Atlus. I had to go with Atlus because I just love them so very much.

So yeah...if it were up to just me (and I'm sure everyone here is glad it isn't) Atlus would win. :D

AwkwardTurtle:
I didn't realize that I was supposed to pick who I thought other people were supposed to vote for until about half-way through. :3 At that point I just decided to pick who I would vote for personally. :D Oh, and I completely invalidate the point of it by voting based on all past games, since this is my very first time participating in March Madness. :D

Bioware immediately lost to Re-Logic because Terraria provided me with insane amounts of entertainment with friends. :D

Valve easily made it the finals since they faced devs I didn't know all that much about (I didn't play their games. :3) To beat out Bethesda and claim a spot in the finals. This is because...I don't know. :D

Super Giant games made it pretty far but lost to Atlus, because I love Atlus. The toughest decision was From Software against Atlus. I had to go with Atlus because I just love them so very much.

So yeah...if it were up to just me (and I'm sure everyone here is glad it isn't) Atlus would win. :D

No sweat! You can change your votes!!

I have Bioware taking out CDProjekt in the final round. Their work on SWTOR and the Mass Effect games won me over.

Freeall:
I have Bioware taking out CDProjekt in the final round. Their work on SWTOR and the Mass Effect games won me over.

Yeah, had a feeling that they'll do well. Not enough to win though =D

ResonanceSD:

BiH-Kira:

You MUST be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the US, Canada, UK, AUS, or NZ to win.

I don't really see a reason to vote, nor to give any free advertising for the Escapist by voting (twitter) if they are going to ignore the rest of the world.

Badges? Im just glad they included Australia for a change.

Orcus The Ultimate:
DOUBLE FIIIIIIIINNNNNNEEEE !!!!

(Double Fine Wins! Overwhelmality!)

What did they release?

Psychonauts
Brutal Legend
Costume Quest
Stacking
Iron Brigade

But Tim Schafer = Tim Burton of gaming; before he made Double Fine, he was in big projects like:
Monkey Island 1 2 3
Full Throttle
Grim Fandango

So he's a heavy fighter if you don't know who he was and who he worked with.
+ Mojang's Creator of Minecraft just gave him 1 Million Dollars to make PSYCHONAUTS 2 !!!

Brutal legend? Oh. Hell. No.

Bethesda vs. Bioware in the end, and I'm genuinely unsure of which way it will go. It all comes down to how amazing Mass Effect 3 is, I guess, but by then, it's too late to change...

By the way, should I bring back my Minecraft RAGE Meter this year? Or is everyone just going to break it again?

I voted Beth..

lacktheknack:
Bethesda vs. Bioware in the end, and I'm genuinely unsure of which way it will go. It all comes down to how amazing Mass Effect 3 is, I guess, but by then, it's too late to change...

Stick with your instincts my friend and- DO A BARREL ROLL! (sorry watched to many comedies on that one joke)

*Ahem* I too voted and ended up having Bioware vs Bethesda. But since I have a huge amount of passion for Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout III, and all their other games plus a ton of respect for the Developers since not only are they honest but really care about their fans (despite their games glitching a bit), I had to vote for Bethesda without a second thought.

Bioware is great, but even if I didn't love Bethesda to death.. their ways of selling Mass Effect 3 will tick off many fans along the lines with Skyrim being the biggest thing (but if Mass Effect 3 goes big with sales and likable to the greatest extent, it will make a comeback.) I'm not even worried about that. What I am worried is-

1) Mojang will win again, because Notch can notify all his followers to take part in this event and have them constantly vote for Mojang due to the game Minecraft.

2) Zynga may win, if everyone off Facebook gets a notification and wants them to win. I remember that they won once, which really upset a lot of people here lol.

But you know what, it doesn't matter who wins. Doesn't stop me from loving my all time favorite Developer nor makes their games less fun/good. It just means the most amount of people agreed on one Developer winning is all, and if it's any of these Developers besides Bethesda then so be it. I'm just excited I get to help again this year! ^_^

lacktheknack:
By the way, should I bring back my Minecraft RAGE Meter this year? Or is everyone just going to break it again?

Perhaps you should bring it back, and be exceedingly careful not to get suspended for 30 days this time. :p

Yeah, bring it back, it was hilarious.

OhJohnNo:

lacktheknack:

Perhaps you should bring it back, and be exceedingly careful not to get suspended for 30 days this time. :p

Yeah, bring it back, it was hilarious.

Gawrsh drattit, I STILL don't know how that happened. I'll be more careful anyways. :P

lacktheknack:

Heh, I actually made one in Minecraft about a week ago in preparation. If you don't do it then I most likely will.

KefkaCultist:

lacktheknack:

Heh, I actually made one in Minecraft about a week ago in preparation. If you don't do it then I most likely will.

We'll BOTH do it, and see who's explodes first.

I suppose I should also post something on topic to this thread as well. :P

I have Bethesda beating Bioware in the finals. With all this rage over the ME3 DLC and Skyrim being huge I think it'll push Bethesda to winning.

I'm uncertain how Mojang will do this year though. I have them losing in round 3 to Atlus, so I hope I don't get burned for that. The other hard choice was round five between Valve and Bethesda. That one will be interesting to watch.

EDIT:

lacktheknack:

KefkaCultist:

lacktheknack:

We'll BOTH do it, and see who's explodes first.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked