30+ hours (almost 5 days,over)to get what i paid for, congratulations Origin...

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

This is getting frankly stupid.I bought the old republic and some gametime yesterday morning and i'm yet to receive anything at all.My best friend irl convinced me to play and even though i didn't think 80$ was very reasonable (the game is fun, but it's not revolutionary) i bought it anyways. They charged my credit card 30 seconds after purchase but they can't send me a code within 24 hours ? what kind of backwoods service is that ? every other mmo in the world gets you online within 30 minutes of taking your money...

Asked the very unhelpful live chat techs, nobody knows anything and aside from offering me discount coupons left and right they don't have any answers and keep on "it's processing" , stuff your discount coupons, like i'd ever do business with you people again...

Sorry for venting but this is getting enraging, and frankly i'm starting to think about just calling mastercard and cancelling all this, origin is discouraging me from playing a bioware game (good work EA! :))

Goodness. Hopefully they don't mean 24 BUSINESS hours, because it's the weekend and that would mean you'd have to wait until monday.

Also, never heard of a process like that, having to wait several hours for a code after you pay.

TakeyB0y2:
Goodness. Hopefully they don't mean 24 BUSINESS hours, because it's the weekend and that would mean you'd have to wait until monday.

Also, never heard of a process like that, having to wait several hours for a code after you pay.

Neither did i, 30+ hours to manufacture an authorization code ? no wonder the old republic's numbers are so-so if we have to go through Origin's worse-than-awful service...

The amusing thing is stuff like this is exactly why people use digital distribution services, to avoid all the pending stuff and whatever gets between you and installing the game as quickly as possible.

Thats why I dont understand Origin and GFWL. For DD services, they seem hell bent on making your purchase as complicated and annoying as possible.

TakeyB0y2:

Business hours don't exist on the internet... surely? What, are EA like paypal and actually wait for your payment to clear the bank before they'll send you anything?

If nothing within 48 hours, go back to the damn live chat help techs, whatever, threaten to cancel your card if they don't do f**king something and give you a proper answer.

I got my code the instant I bought the game and it was during a weekend. But I guess I was lucky :/ Seems a bit odd that they need to wait up to 24h.

I personally prefer Origin since I can download all my games at 11Mbyte/s while with steam Im lucky if I reach 1Mbyte/s.

EA is a big company and I'm sure they are very busy. Stop being an entitled gamer and wait.

Seriously though, good luck.

Xpheyel:
EA is a big company and I'm sure they are very busy. Stop being an entitled gamer and wait.

I misread the irony there for a second :p

Wtf entitled ? yeah i'm actually entitled to get what i pai....oh wait, joke right :p

Tubez:
I got my code the instant I bought the game and it was during a weekend. But I guess I was lucky :/ Seems a bit odd that they need to wait up to 24h.

I personally prefer Origin since I can download all my games at 11Mbyte/s while with steam Im lucky if I reach 1Mbyte/s.

They told me up to 48, it's already been 30hours, i told them if i didn't have my code in the next few hours i cancel all this sh**.

I was already reluctant to pay so much for that game, if it's going to be a hassle on top of being expensive then fu** all this :p

Mekado:

Xpheyel:

Wtf entitled ? yeah i'm actually entitled to get what i pai....oh wait, joke right :p

Tubez:

They told me up to 48, it's already been 30hours, i told them if i didn't have my code in the next few hours i cancel all this sh**.

I was already reluctant to pay so much for that game, if it's going to be a hassle on top of it then fu** all this :p

Yeah I can understand that. Did you buy collector edition or something?
Since shouldn't it cost around 49$?

Tubez:

Mekado:

Xpheyel:

Tubez:

I was already reluctant to pay so much for that game, if it's going to be a hassle on top of it then fu** all this :p

50$ for the game + 30$ for 2 months extra

Mekado:

Tubez:

Mekado:

Well you get a month for free, so why not try it before buying extra time ? =)

Tubez:

Mekado:

Tubez:

Well you get a month for free, so why not try it before buying extra time ? =)

I actually tried it on a friend's account for about a week, his computer was dead. I figured it was worth at least 3 months, not so sure about it now though :p

Live chat techs being as unhelpful as ever;

Chinmay: I apologize for the inconvenience caused because of this. The order delayed due to some technical issue with the tool. It is now under process and you will get the game soon on your email account.
you: yeah i've been told "soon" since yesterday, it's too long i want a refund now i'll go buy it at the store
you: i would have bought it at the store yesterday if i had known it would be this long via origin
Chinmay: Not like that exactly. Yesterday the tool was down and not working properly.
you: whatever the reason, 32hours+ for a code for a digital download is not acceptable
Chinmay: If you want a refund, you will have to contact us again after some time as I said you that it is under process now.
you: you won't refund me ?
Chinmay: We will be able to refund only after the status gets changed from Under process.
you: and when exactly is that going to be ? i've been told "it's in process" since yesterday 11am
Chinmay: The tool started working now and it will be changed soon.
Chinmay: I really apologize for the inconvenience you faced .
you: this is really abysmal service (not you, origin)
you: if i don't have my code within the next few hours, i'm calling mastercard to cancel, since you can't even refund me
Chinmay: I understand and I really appreciate your time and patience.
Chinmay: As a valued customer, I would like to give you 15% origin discount code.
you: No thanks, i just want what i paid for before even thinking about doing future business with origin again

Beyond appalling.

Mekado:
Chinmay: As a valued customer, I would like to give you 15% origin discount code.
you: No thanks, i just want what i paid for before even thinking about doing future business with origin again

Beyond appalling.

Bravo, good sir! I hate when companies do that to try and lure people back in to a dysfunctional service.

Tuesday Night Fever:

Mekado:

Beyond appalling.

Bravo, good sir! I hate when companies do that to try and lure people back in to a dysfunctional service.

You get a 15% discount ever time you contact their support, I've gotten two just because a demo wasnt working cause of sli and a problem I had with dlc for first mass effect

Tubez:
You get a 15% discount ever time you contact their support, I've gotten two just because a demo wasnt working cause of sli and a problem I had with dlc for first mass effect

And for a case like Mekado's, I applaud turning it down. I can understand getting the 15% coupons for your situations, since they were inconveniences. But Mekado's case, in my opinion, goes beyond well beyond inconvenient since they took his money and gave him nothing in return.

Tuesday Night Fever:

Tubez:

And for a case like Mekado's, I applaud turning it down. I can understand getting the 15% coupons for your situations, since they were inconveniences. But Mekado's case, in my opinion, goes beyond well beyond inconvenient since they took his money and gave him nothing in return.

I'm gonna be honest, i would have taken it if i had any intention whatsoever of buying anything through origin again, but since this "technical malfunction" showed me the quality of the support they can forget about getting anymore of my money, ever.No mass effect 3 either,nothing that requires origin.

"tech people" that can't fix a major issue within 2 days (although they were able to take my money within seconds, strange), no clear directions to their customers. very unhelpful "tech" staff, no refunds offered , these are the hallmarks of shyster companies not giving a flying fu** about service.

Oh wait...EA , i guess i should have expected that.I was a fool thinking they may try to make it easy for people to sub to one of their games.

Also, dunno if it's just me but the whole support being done out of EA Shenzhen dosen't instill a bit of trust, can i PLEASE talk to someone from the USA/Canada/EU ?

That's nice, i now got told by e-mail my purchase was under review by the "fraud department"

I checked EA forums and it seems there's a LOT of people with the same issue, strangely being told the same answers (fraud dept, 24-48hrs,refusal to refund,etc)

What the hell kind of company is this, i wouldn't even expect that kind of business ethics from a 4-employee indie company, and yet this happens at EA, arguably the biggest player in the game ?

Shame, such shame...

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/forums/show/3918.page

EA is like a headless giant. Everyone is ordered to do their shit, but there's no one making sure anything actually gets done.

Also the giant is evil and heartless. And made of shit-infused garbage. And just bad. BAD GIANT!

Seriously though, it's pretty much common knowledge that like 90% of people working at EA, especially the "support", aren't really authorized or trained to actually help with anything. Their primary purpose is to just make you believe that they offer any service at all. It's true, if I could figure out how to attach pics into the forum, I would show you a chat log from a former employee there. EA is horrible.

Acrisius:
EA is like a headless giant. Everyone is ordered to do their shit, but there's no one making sure anything actually gets done.

Also the giant is evil and heartless. And made of shit-infused garbage. And just bad. BAD GIANT!

Seriously though, it's pretty much common knowledge that like 90% of people working at EA, especially the "support", aren't really authorized or trained to actually help with anything. Their primary purpose is to just make you believe that they offer any service at all. It's true, if I could figure out how to attach pics into the forum, I would show you a chat log from a former employee there. EA is horrible.

Yeah, i just assumed that someone, somewhere knew what he was doing, i guess i was mistaken, this is beyond horrible service...

I can imagine the call (chat) center with everyone yelling and the call center manager just saying "fu** it, tell them all their order is in the fraud dept , no eta" until someone at EA HQ wakes up...

Mekado:

Neither did i, 30+ hours to manufacture an authorization code ? no wonder the old republic's numbers are so-so if we have to go through Origin's worse-than-awful service...

The numbers are pretty good, actually. And you don't have to use Origin.

Mekado:

Acrisius:

Yeah, i just assumed that someone, somewhere knew what he was doing, i guess i was mistaken, this is beyond horrible service...

I can imagine the call (chat) center with everyone yelling and the call center manager just saying "fu** it, tell them all their order is in the fraud dept , no eta" until someone at EA HQ wakes up...

Dude, all their "support" is outsourced to India...their bosses are at the other side of the planet. They have a table/spreadsheet next to them that basically tells them what to tell you, and to offer discounts is like one of their main jobs. Few call centers are located in Europe or NA. But most of the guys you're talking to are Indian guys named Rajesh, though they tell you it's Greg and shit to sound legit...

ccdohl:

Mekado:

Don't worry, I think you don't have to tell him that.

ccdohl:

Mekado:

Yeah well if i had known it would be so complicated through origin i would have bought it at the store, yesterday morning :P

Now i don't have my game and EA refuses to refund while it's "in process" , if this dosent settle soon i'll just call my cc company and reverse the charges.

It's a fun game, not worth that much of a hassle.

If it were me i'd just cancel everything and take my money back, they obviously don't want it so i'm not going to give it to them.

That's why I bought it at a store.

No Origin, and all I had to do to get the free 30 days of gametime was temporarily give a credit card number. Once I start using gametime cards I won't need it on there anymore.

Acrisius:

Image tags, man, image tags. [*img][*/img] Just put the url of the picture in the middle and remove the *.

OT: I've heard of plenty of problems people have had gettingthe games they've paid for when using Origin. There's always something "down" or there's an "error in processing". I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't trust EA as far as I can throw them, and I'm pretty sure I can't throw a multimillion dollar corporation very far. Unless I get a hard copy of the game, I'll never buy a game that requires Origin. At least with the hard copy I can get a no-Origin crack.

This is the first time I write a post on the Escapist since I have a rule of watching but not participating. HOWEVER, I bought a copy of fucking Syndicate for pc and because of their retarded "Release Date Check" some sort of anti-piracy system which did not pass on my pc I was unable to play it.

I TALKED 15 PEOPLE IN EA, 15. 7 told me the exact same instructions which I kept repeating DID NOT WORK but they completely ignored me (this was through chat) and when they gave up they kept either telling me to wait because their servers were busy OR that I rebooted my pc. another 7 closed down their chats on me (stay classy EA) and one uber bastard said the game WAS NOT OUT YET and said it was the demo (there's no pc demo) and when I showed him THEIR OWN WEBSITE which said that the game was indeed out he called me a liar....

...Wow.

I have seen tiny businesses (and I do mean tiny, as in, one person operating out of their garage scale) offer a far better service, how can a multimillion dollar corporation like EA possibly fuck this sort of thing up?

(Captcha: Pitiful harlyin... harlyin, y u so pitiful?)

OK, I decided that I would try to give EA and Origin a chance, I am a fan of Steam, so this is a big deal for me. Seeing how they handled it in your case I think that I might have been right when I have disliked it so far.

I swear to god if EA screws up the Mass Effect 3 launch Im gonna freak out.

Angry Juju:
If it were me i'd just cancel everything and take my money back, they obviously don't want it so i'm not going to give it to them.

I'm doing that in a few hours, and not buying it at the store afterwrds. This whole thing soured me to "everything EA" , the game is fun enough, but not fun enough to monthly support a company that does business like this.

This is worse than the loan shark around the corner...

Forgot to add I sent an email too....actually 2 of them TUESDAY it's Saturday now and no answer the 24 hour thing is a complete fabrication. Thank god amazon took that thing back....would have been 60 bucks wasted. If anyone has that problem don't try the email thing they won't answer.

If it was any other DD i might have a shred of sympathy. But you went to Origin. You should of known there would be bullshit. You brought it on yourself. You knew you could get the game from a store, but you chose to get it through origin.

Somonah:
If it was any other DD i might have a shred of sympathy. But you went to Origin. You should of known there would be bullshit. You brought it on yourself. You knew you could get the game from a store, but you chose to get it through origin.

But there was a snowstorm...

And no other DD service had the old republic, of course, thanks again EA :p

Mekado:
That's nice, i now got told by e-mail my purchase was under review by the "fraud department"

And they wonder why piracy is so rampant... We've been screwing you over for 2 days, but now we think you're not a legit customer hang on a sec while we judge you.

This is horrible, it really is and I feel so sorry for you =/
I hope this origin plague disperses soon cause it's nothing but a nightmare

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked