30+ hours (almost 5 days,over)to get what i paid for, congratulations Origin...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

lacktheknack:

halfeclipse:

lacktheknack:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/video-games-wholesale-and-manufacturers/electronic-arts-in-san-francisco-ca-64196

Iiiiiiiinteresting, a mere two months ago they had an A+.

I WONDER what's dropped their rating.

Also, for the first time in at least over a year, Valve has a higher rating than EA.

By the looks of it EA didn't pay BBB the requisite bribe membership fee required to get a better rating obtain BBB accreditation.

Say what you will about EA, but the BBB isn't a remotely neutral source.

If they didn't pay for accreditation, then they'd be listed as "Not Accredited". Just saying.

EDIT: I fail at observation forever. <commits seppuku>

Turns out, neither of them is accredited.

Frostbite3789:

Griffolion:

Oh snap! 4 days?! That is utterly horrendous, the bosses at EA MUST know they are doing a crap job and MUST know how much they are held in contempt by the gaming community.

The only things keeping them afloat are the allure their big franchises hold (Battlefield, Mass Effect etc).

Steam wouldn't provide me with my legally purchased copy of Dead Island for over a week.

But I somehow find it within myself to still use the service. It's almost like we can be reasonable people and not flip out over ever little thing.

It's also funny how instead of a discussion this is just yet another EA hate thread. Those are so rare, that we needed another of a guy who probably hasn't actually contacted customer service.

Yeah, because EA horror stories are so rare, it must have been made up huh ?

EA Fan much? you're also the same weirdo sending me private messages with leetspeak bashing me because i bash EA, classy.

Anyways, i'm done with all this, and i'm also done with Origin.

Mekado:
you're also the same weirdo sending me private messages with leetspeak bashing me because i bash EA, classy.

You might want to report those IMs... just a thought.

tony2077:
i'm waiting for a refund they said it was cleared on there end so i sent a message to cibc to see what the hold up is

still no word on your refund? I actually want to know how this story folds out.

boag:

tony2077:
i'm waiting for a refund they said it was cleared on there end so i sent a message to cibc to see what the hold up is

still no word on your refund? I actually want to know how this story folds out.

still no sign of it but i talked to ea again seems it good on there end so hopefully it shows up soon. if its not in by Monday then I'll talk with my bank and see if they can sort it out

Mekado:

Chinmay: I apologize for the inconvenience caused because of this. The order delayed due to some technical issue with the tool. It is now under process and you will get the game soon on your email account.
you: yeah i've been told "soon" since yesterday, it's too long i want a refund now i'll go buy it at the store
you: i would have bought it at the store yesterday if i had known it would be this long via origin
Chinmay: Not like that exactly. Yesterday the tool was down and not working properly.
you: whatever the reason, 32hours+ for a code for a digital download is not acceptable
Chinmay: If you want a refund, you will have to contact us again after some time as I said you that it is under process now.
you: you won't refund me ?
Chinmay: We will be able to refund only after the status gets changed from Under process.
you: and when exactly is that going to be ? i've been told "it's in process" since yesterday 11am
Chinmay: The tool started working now and it will be changed soon.
Chinmay: I really apologize for the inconvenience you faced .
you: this is really abysmal service (not you, origin)
you: if i don't have my code within the next few hours, i'm calling mastercard to cancel, since you can't even refund me
Chinmay: I understand and I really appreciate your time and patience.
Chinmay: As a valued customer, I would like to give you 15% origin discount code.
you: No thanks, i just want what i paid for before even thinking about doing future business with origin again

Beyond appalling.

*applauds you*

Well done for complaining properly and not taking the meagre offering.

Frostbite3789:

Steam wouldn't provide me with my legally purchased copy of Dead Island for over a week.

This thread was going well until you showed up derailing it with constant attacks on Steam (an unrelated issue). Come on, stop being economical with the truth;

You did not buy your copy of Dead Island through Steam, did you?

You in fact bought that absolute car crash of a game (at launch, anyway) from another retailer, - most likely Green Man Gaming - who ballsed up their order of Steam keys. Here is what the community manager of Green Man Gaming had to say in a statement;

Robert Clarke:
I apologise for the long wait on this game. GMG does everything in its power to make sure users get their keys by release date of the game, and in this situation, for some of our users in North America, this did not happen.

During the time we did not have keys, users could refund their account in full automatically without the need for a support ticket. However, for some time during the sale of game, we did not list that we were out of keys in the North America region, causing users confusion and frustrating after purchasing the game and not receiving a key.

So even though there were problems in obtaining the keys customers could still get a refund, unlike the OP of this thread. Funnily enough, in the same statement Green Man Gaming also hint at a reason behind the delay;

While GMG couldn't do anything but chase the publisher when it comes to the key delay, we're going to review how we communicate to customers about keys in order to avoid this problem in the future and we're very sorry for the wait in getting keys out.

DeepSilver are the publishers of Dead Island, not Valve (or Steam as you keep saying).

Hell, without any of the above the comparison isn't really the same, Bioware is now one of EA's in-house developers, being published and directly distributed by EA. Techland developed Dead Island for DeepSilver the publisher, and Valve's Steam is just one of many different distribution outlets. You could have been refunded at any point in the process too.

GoaThief:
Snip

Right on another retailer, wrong on which one. Best Buy, they had it on sale. And it wasn't even at launch. It was well over a month later.

But having to register my game on Steam, to access singlepalyer content is the worst kind of DRM. Just short of always online. I was locked completely out of the game due to Steam not recognizing my code. And Steam support was not only slow in replying to my pleas, but slow in resolving the issue after 3 or 4 back and forth messages.

So yeah, the original issue wasn't on Steam. But the subsequently week+ worth of waiting most certainly was.

dogstile:
Indeed, I also think its because steam has a better track record with people too, can't hurt them. Which I find hilarious because most people seem to ignore what valve does to the people they hire.

Unacceptable either way. Digital distribution was meant to stop this crap.

I'm not arguing a point with you, but I'm genuinely curious what you're implying with the bolded sentence. What exactly is it that you think they do with "the people they hire"?

Frostbite3789:

GoaThief:
Snip

Right on another retailer, wrong on which one. Best Buy, they had it on sale. And it wasn't even at launch. It was well over a month later.

But having to register my game on Steam, to access singlepalyer content is the worst kind of DRM. Just short of always online. I was locked completely out of the game due to Steam not recognizing my code. And Steam support was not only slow in replying to my pleas, but slow in resolving the issue after 3 or 4 back and forth messages.

Probably because they literally cant do anything for you, except to bitch at the people who actually did screw up on your behalf.

If you cant tell the difference between:

"I ordered a game made by EA, online directly through EAs online store, and now not only have they not given me the game but they essentially called me a liar and are investigating me for fraud"

and

"I ordered a game by a 3rd party developer from a random store that is in no way related to that developer who told me to use an online service that is completely unrelated to the store/developer. But I couldn't register it on Steam because the completely unrelated store and game dev fucked up. So they tried to solve my problem despite the fact it was not their fault at all."

Then I have a red pill for you to take; because wherever you are, it 'aint reality.

Ironically, if OP hadn't demanded a refund, he probably would have been playing the game by now...

Vigormortis:

dogstile:
Indeed, I also think its because steam has a better track record with people too, can't hurt them. Which I find hilarious because most people seem to ignore what valve does to the people they hire.

I'm not arguing a point with you, but I'm genuinely curious what you're implying with the bolded sentence. What exactly is it that you think they do with "the people they hire"?

With the left 4 dead team, I recall people being a tad annoyed that Valve didn't hire the people for the first game to work on the second, they just did it themselves. It seems like a dick move.

dogstile:

Vigormortis:

dogstile:

With the left 4 dead team, I recall people being a tad annoyed that Valve didn't hire the people for the first game to work on the second, they just did it themselves. It seems like a dick move.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the original team was the one who actually pitched the idea for L4D2 to Newell. As soon as 1 was done, they came to him with a veritable pile of ideas and content that didn't make it into the first game. After much deliberation, they decided to make a full-on sequel as doing everything in DLC form was unfeasible.

What happened after L4D2 was done was, the company Valve had originally bought (Turtle Rock), effectively split from Valve to work on their own project(s). That might be what you heard about. As far as I know, though, the core members of the original L4D team are still at Valve plugging away at content updates or other projects.

Now, I could be wrong on some points, but this is the story I recall hearing.

[edit] As a side note, a lot of people were mad about L4D2 for a lot of reasons. Some of them legitimate. Most of them not so much. For a lot of people, it just seemed like they were looking for reasons to be mad about L4D2 being in development so soon after the first game.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked