The ME3 weight system...

Pages PREV 1 2

On the Subject of the ME3 Multiplayer, and probably the single player slightly , the Vanguard still seams increasingly powerful, its super high risk if you play it "properly", which is (in my opinion) Pistol/SMG and Shotgun (can drop the pistol if you want yo be crazy) the handguns are intergangable, but you really want the Scimitar shotgun, and this is usually what i do, CHARGE into someone then Nova, so i'm in the middle and have no shields, but they should be stunned or on the floor and use incineration ammo and shotgun all the things, and your recharge is shortish, as you have no heavier weapons, it has killed me several times but its fun as hell, the atlas poses a problem though 'cus pistols just arn't good enought, and getting close isn't a good idea but thats what the scrubs playing soldiers are for :), 'cus son i dont need no fancy guns i got biotics (please note i'm not insulting soldiers and there biotic-less-ness, you guys aite)

Smiley Face:

JDLY:
Personally I'm more of a one-shot-one-kill sorta guy. And the Widow allows me to do that. I have no issue with reloading after every shot. I've got my recharge timed perfectly, so after I take a shot, I'm back in cover by the time I lose my invisibility, and the amount of time it takes to reload is the same it takes for invisibility to recharge. So by the time I reload, I'm all ready to go invisible again and take another shot.

That's probably what I'd do on higher difficulties, but as it is, if I get a headshot, my Viper gets that one-shot, one-kill, without the problem of a long reload, and I keep my Overload/Energy Drain high enough to let that happen, which means I can get more kills, faster. And even if I don't get the headshots, I can snap off 3 torso-shots in the time a Mantis fires, enough to kill anything de-shielded. Also, that works for your infiltrator who can invisible away, and get a super, one-shot boost - for other folks, if you need to stop a bunch of guys, you want rate of fire. And for some groups, it works for combos - like my Asari Adept, I can stasis a bunch of folks, then take their heads off one at a time while they just stand there, and even with non-bubble stasis, the recharge time is so fast that a long reload would slow me down tremendously.

I also like the fact that say you in one clip kill 2 assault troopers with headshots along with a centurion you de-shielded, then just injure a third trooper, you'll still get the assist for him being injured when one of your buddies shoot him, it really helps in adding up the points. (which might be a bit pointless since everyone shares the xp from the combined points, but still, it's nice to see your name at the top of the score board. )
Heh, I saw an asari player do that with a mantis, stasis an enemy and then take aim and blow their heads off...at a distance of five feet! *snickers*

Setrus:
...is awesome!

I really like it too, but I dislike how it encourages a person to only use one gun, and only the low weight ones unless one has a good reason[1] - pretty much all of my characters in the multiplayer focus on powers, even my Soldier. I've found that it's much more effective to spam Carnage than to have a "gun for each limb" as Wrex proposed.

[1] Like the Widowmaker

James Charles:
On the Subject of the ME3 Multiplayer, and probably the single player slightly , the Vanguard still seams increasingly powerful, its super high risk if you play it "properly", which is (in my opinion) Pistol/SMG and Shotgun (can drop the pistol if you want yo be crazy)

To be honest, the best Vanguard I've seen only had a pistol. He just ran around charging and novaing the living daylights out of everything, and could pull it off because he had +200% recharge. You can't really pull that off while holding a shotgun in hand, and the guy got a lot more damage off of Nova-combo than with a shotgun.

EDIT: Note! This guy was mid level, and you can't pull the above off without being a mid level vanguard.

Zen Toombs:

James Charles:
On the Subject of the ME3 Multiplayer, and probably the single player slightly , the Vanguard still seams increasingly powerful, its super high risk if you play it "properly", which is (in my opinion) Pistol/SMG and Shotgun (can drop the pistol if you want yo be crazy)

To be honest, the best Vanguard I've seen only had a pistol. He just ran around charging and novaing the living daylights out of everything, and could pull it off because he had +200% recharge. You can't really pull that off while holding a shotgun in hand, and the guy got a lot more damage off of Nova-combo than with a shotgun.

EDIT: Note! This guy was mid level, and you can't pull the above off without being a mid level vanguard.

Actually, you can. Well, so long as you stick to the right difficulty.

Also, I'm pretty sure that you only get the 200% bonus if you go naked. Using a pistol gives you a 180% bonus.

Arontala:

Zen Toombs:

NERDING OUT ABOUT BEST VANGUARD STATS

Actually, you can. Well, so long as you stick to the right difficulty.

Also, you only get the 200% bonus if you go naked. Using a pistol gives you a 180% bonus.

I wasn't saying that the standard "shotgun & pistol it up" strategy isn't one that works, just that it isn't the best. Different strokes, different folks, you know the drill.

And I can actually run around with an assault rifle and a pistol with 200% recharge - you just need a high enough strength OR high enough level weapons (the higher level your weapon is, the more powerful it is and the less it weighs. I can pull it off with an adept that doesn't have strengh bonuses so long as the weapons involved are Avenger X and Shuriken X. I'm surprised about how good the Avenger has become, even ignoring recharge time bonuses)

Zen Toombs:

Arontala:

Zen Toombs:

NERDING OUT ABOUT BEST VANGUARD STATS

MORE VANGUARDINGTONNESS

VANGUARD NERDINGTON WEAPONS WAHH?!!!

I guess i like shotguns, it comes from how broken they are in me1 at end game one shoting Krogan and wrecking destroyers was hilarious, anyway, i guess it also comes from the single player where getting in the middle of a group can be dangerous and a fast way to clear them out, especially with incineration/inferno ammo, setting baddies on fire is epic. plus i like being able to go into defensive standard mode when the throw increasing waves of guardians at you, a shotgun and shockwave is very helpfull against people with riotshields that somehow make people immune to lifting and most knockbacks

Rednog:
I'm honestly not a huge fan of the weight system, the weight numbers seem a little random.
So I'm an infiltrator with a heavy sniper rifle, one would conclude that my secondary would probably be a pistol, not only because of weight but I want something that is a strong few shots in close range to take someone out. Nope, the sub machine guns are inexplicably much lighter than the pistols and they aren't the greatest close quarters weapons (excluding the hornet).
Seriously it just makes odd pairings, and in the end (at least from my experience with the demo so far) guns tend to outweigh most people's power uses, because the enemies on gold and silver just don't allow you to go power crazy and it ends up being a cover shooter.

You have never seen a level 20 adept asari in action have you?

Warped_Ghost:

Rednog:
I'm honestly not a huge fan of the weight system, the weight numbers seem a little random.
So I'm an infiltrator with a heavy sniper rifle, one would conclude that my secondary would probably be a pistol, not only because of weight but I want something that is a strong few shots in close range to take someone out. Nope, the sub machine guns are inexplicably much lighter than the pistols and they aren't the greatest close quarters weapons (excluding the hornet).
Seriously it just makes odd pairings, and in the end (at least from my experience with the demo so far) guns tend to outweigh most people's power uses, because the enemies on gold and silver just don't allow you to go power crazy and it ends up being a cover shooter.

You have never seen a level 20 adept asari in action have you?

Well to be fair there, there's a difference between certain races. Asari gets power damage and recharge bonus or something, right? Meanwhile Krogan get melee damage bonus and the Turians weapon damage...so it's kind of obvious there's different roles to fill. (with the humans being somewhat in the middle)

Which reminds me of when my human soldier was paired with nothing but an Asari Adept on silver and we kept working together, putting stasis on groups of enemies so I could tear them apart up close with my Revenant, stuff like that...ah, good times.

James Charles:

Zen Toombs:

Arontala:

MORE VANGUARDINGTONNESS

VANGUARD NERDINGTON WEAPONS WAHH?!!!

I guess i like shotguns, it comes from how broken they are in me1 at end game one shoting Krogan and wrecking destroyers was hilarious, anyway, i guess it also comes from the single player where getting in the middle of a group can be dangerous and a fast way to clear them out, especially with incineration/inferno ammo, setting baddies on fire is epic. plus i like being able to go into defensive standard mode when the throw increasing waves of guardians at you, a shotgun and shockwave is very helpfull against people with riotshields that somehow make people immune to lifting and most knockbacks

Oh yes, I too discovered how good shockwave is at those Guardians, really fun to open them up like that.
As to ME1...well everything there got broken at the end, it feels like. In the final fight on the Citadel I ended up running and shooting non-stop with an assault rifle, no heat-buildup and no change to the minimal reticle...it was nuts.

Zen Toombs:

Setrus:
...is awesome!

I really like it too, but I dislike how it encourages a person to only use one gun, and only the low weight ones unless one has a good reason[1] - pretty much all of my characters in the multiplayer focus on powers, even my Soldier. I've found that it's much more effective to spam Carnage than to have a "gun for each limb" as Wrex proposed.

Eh, my Soldier uses a revenant for general killing at close to medium ranges and a scoped phalanx for long ranges and guardians, but I see what you mean...most of my other characters uses just one weapon.
Anyway, do you think this will change when new enemies come? I can see a lot of people changing to rapid-firing guns over pistols and sniper rifles when faced with an army of husks leaping at them...maybe even go as far as have a secondary gun in case they run out of shots.

[1] Like the Widowmaker

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked