Pokemon Black/White 2 Announced!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-black-and-white-version-2-announced-ds-out-june-japan/

Fat skinny is the following:
- Set for release in Japan in June
- First true sequel in the Pokemon series
- For the DS (but can be played on the 3DS)
- Above image is Kyurem's new forms, named Black Kyurem and White Kyurem

Thoughts? I can honestly say that I didn't see this coming, and that I await further news on it.

Wow... ok! I thought they were going for a full 3D title next? Dissapointing that it doesn't sound to be!

Um...sequel? Does this mean we get to keep all the pokemon we had from the first Black/White...? And as there won't be a new region does than mean no new pokemon? Personally I hope not! Having over 600 of the critters in a game is plenty enough for me! There is a point where there will just be too many!

(EDIT: BTW I cannot access the full report, so I am going off of the OP!)

Shit I just posted another thread about this.

Anyway I am Impressed that GameFreak is trying something new like a direct sequel.I thought the story of black and white was fantastic.

I hope I can catch more than Fifth gen pokemon during the main game instead of the post game.

jackpackage200:

I hope I can catch more than Fifth gen pokemon during the main game instead of the post game.

Personally I preferred that! It stopped my inevitable 'nostalgia; only using Gen 1 or new gen' just out of habit!

Although it did mean once you could get all your old favourites, you then had little you could do with them! :S

Wow. They actually ran out of colors.

Elementary - Dear Watson:
Wow... ok! I thought they were going for a full 3D title next? Dissapointing that it doesn't sound to be!

Pokemon games usually lag one system generation behind.

Hal10k:

Pokemon Opaque and Pokemon Transparent anyone?

I'm kind of sick of pokemon to be honest. Blue version was the first game I've ever played ever, and I've logged over 200 hours on each game afterwards. I liked all the new pokemon, I freaking LOVE pokemon stadium. But I'm just bored of it all. They need to make it more action oriented or something. Just change up the formula please.

like....an fps where I fight different kinds of pokemon <--make this happen

Don Savik:

like....an fps where I fight different kinds of pokemon <--make this happen

Pokemon Snap?

Reposting this from Kotaku-

There's no reason you should comment on this article if one of the following apply to you;

1. You're asking if there are still Pokemon games being made after Red and Blue.
2. You want these games 3DS exclusive.
3. You're tired of the Pokemon formula, "8 gyms, elite 4, catch em all".
4. You want a new Pokemon game on a console or some type of MMO game.
5. You have nothing to say that will spark a discussion and just want to upload your pokemon related picture.
6. You think they're milking the series.
7. You want to point out there are no new colors in the title thus its somehow means Game Freak is running out of ideas.
8. You're butthurt even though you haven't played a Pokemon game since 1996.
9. You're going to comment all the the old ones are clearly best.

Well I suppose it's... different? they're using numbers for a change, but I stopped caring about Pokemon years ago when the only games were all practically copy/paste. I wonder how much longer they will keep doing this that it's actually profitable and sells.

That's great news really. I've sampled most of the pokemon games although only Black/ White ever appealed to me due to better story telling and animated critters. I would love to see multiple endings / branching story lines this time around. I'm not sure if the other titles had that or not. (and more save file space)

Edit: I see a few people commenting about repetition but that's all pokemon has been. Each game evolves so to speak, adding a few new features. Pokemon isn't the only major game franchise to do this either. I could point out numerous JRPG's and shooters that do the cut and paste thing too. I just shrug and hope it has a good story at least.

Eri:

There's no reason you should comment on this article if one of the following apply to you;

1. You're asking if there are still Pokemon games being made after Red and Blue.
5. You have nothing to say that will spark a discussion and just want to upload your pokemon related picture.
7. You want to point out there are no new colors in the title thus its somehow means Game Freak is running out of ideas.

So only post if you're going to mindlessly Drone about how our glorious leader Game Freak is giving us another blessing from the gods themselves?

On topic: Weird choice. I rarely play Pokemon anymore (player mods are a blast), but I'm a little cynical of this move, after Final Fantasy X-2 heralded the downfall Final Fantasy quality.
Hope it's not the case.

Canadish:

Eri:

So only post if you're going to mindlessly Drone about how our glorious leader Game Freak is giving us another blessing from the gods themselves?

On topic: Weird choice. I rarely play Pokemon anymore (player mods are a blast), but I'm a little cynical of this move, after Final Fantasy X-2 heralded the downfall Final Fantasy quality.
Hope it's not the case.

No, but it is pretty telling when that list can already list the only things that 3/4ths of the people are going to say before they do. Heck, at least 3-4 of those already happened in this thread.

Eri:
No, but it is pretty telling when that list can already list the only things that 3/4ths of the people are going to say before they do. Heck, at least 3-4 of those already happened in this thread.

Won't argue that. The list is damn accurate.

I won't to know if these games will be like Crystal/Emerald/Platinum and be updated versions of the original games with some new features, or if we are actually getting direct sequels to Black and White.

And while I was expecting Kyurem to get new forms, I wasn't expecting these. They look very awesome.

Ummmm ok? Bit weird really. If its all the same with you guys Ima go back to my copy of Sapphire on GBA

Eri:

I think they are just milking the series, yet I love the Pokemon games and will comment on this because I would love to see a direct sequel for once. My biggest problem with Pokemon Black/White was that I felt the story was incomplete without getting both legendaries and without catching Ghestis. I also felt the game hinted that we would be able to get them since they had been seen somewhere.

Edit: also those new forms look pretty cool. I can't wait.

I don't get the people that say Red and Blue are the best, clearly the best Pokemon games are Ruby and Sapphire. Obviously.

So I haven't played Black and White, but is the story compelling enough to warrant a sequel? The newest Pokemon game I have played is Platinum. The story is not much different then the one in Ruby and Sapphire, which is not really that amazing. But I could be wrong, the Pokemon games are known for there innovation, right? I'm sure the sequel will only expand on the incredible story Black and White possesses.

My first instinct that it's a fake from the image but the link is a legit site so that prove me wrong.
I have been wanting a new team from scratch but I can't be bother getting White (it not the same making a new team after completing the game) and I was expecting a third game anyway.
I am even more overjoy that it is still going to be out for the DS!! I pretty sure the the DS is dying out but not just yet. Otherwise that would of been the game that finally make me get a 3DS.

The sequel better have more 3D city/ towns!

Ahh sonofabitch. I misread the title. I just skimmed so thought it was "Black & White 2 Announced!"
I got kinda excited for a little bit. ;.;

Hmmm... Not sure if I like this. I enjoy starting a new game and having a brand new world to explore. Still, it should be interesting. Seriously though they could have called it something better. Even the mods have cool names like "BlazeBlack" and stuff.

Poor Kyurem. Not only he isn't an Uber, but he doesn't get his own game either. Black and White left quite a few dangling plot threads, so a sequel sounds like a good idea.

I'm surprised that they didn't release a Pokemon Gray yet, but oh well.
I'll still probably pick this up, but with more and more pokemon being added, it gets harder to spend all that time to max out my dex. I also hate the global trade center and how stupid it can be most of the fucking time.

I'll check it out, but this won't make me drool like B/W did.
I will laugh a hearty laugh indeed if they make Pokemon Gray after B/W 2, and it is a 3DS exclusive.

Elementary - Dear Watson:

Hal10k:

Pokemon Opaque and Pokemon Transparent anyone?

Pokemon Phlegm Green and Piss Yellow? It would take place in the slums of Portsmouth...

Monkeyman O'Brien:
Ahh sonofabitch. I misread the title. I just skimmed so thought it was "Black & White 2 Announced!"
I got kinda excited for a little bit. ;.;

You realize that Black & White 2 was released in 2005?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_%26_White_2

agh... really...?

Now, I'm not saying that this announcement is a bad thing... But, if there is NO step-forward other than just the two alternate forms of Kyurem, I'm going to be pissed...

As a near-on lifelong fan, this annoys me more than excites me... I wish it came on 3DS.. (you know, the NEW handheld nintendo released) I mean, I know that it wouldn't fill up the entire memory card, but, seriously... I know you have your marketing set in the right place, but, wait off another year (like you always do with "3rd" games in a generation) and make it for 3DS so that more kids have the damn console....

And secondly, what possessed them to make Kyurem have alternate forms...?
What about Keldeo, Melotta and Genesect that haven't even been released yet...?!
*sigh*
Game Freak, there had better be some damn good changes for me to warrant buying it...

I don't see what can possibly be added to Black and White...well, actually I can but I don't see how a new campaign can help. It would be nice to know what the hell happened to N but it seems like crap to start a brand new adventure unless of course the beginning of Black/White 2 starts in a similar manner to season...whatever of the Pokemon Show (ie; main character gives up all Pokemon except for the cover-legendary and starts with a mostly clean slate)

Hopefully Black/White 2 will allow you to catch Melottia, Keldeo and, Genosect. It would be nice to be able to catch some of the older event only Pokemon. If Game Freak can promise me I can find and, catch Darkrai and, Deoxys without having to shell out for an Action-Replay (and god am I tempted)

master-jedi:
I don't get the people that say Red and Blue are the best, clearly the best Pokemon games are Ruby and Sapphire. Obviously.

So I haven't played Black and White, but is the story compelling enough to warrant a sequel? The newest Pokemon game I have played is Platinum. The story is not much different then the one in Ruby and Sapphire, which is not really that amazing. But I could be wrong, the Pokemon games are known for there innovation, right? I'm sure the sequel will only expand on the incredible story Black and White possesses.

The story in B&W is considerably better than in any of the others (most of the main characters actually have character development, for one thing), but it was pretty self contained, the ending wrapped up quite nicely and I don't really see where they'd go with a sequel.

I'm wondering who we will get to play as this time around, and I basically see these choices.
1 It'll still be Black and White (Hilbert and Helda) starting a new adventure, with a more Kyurem heavy plot ala Platinum.
2 It's Black and White again in a situation post Black & White's story. Maybe N returns from his soul searching trip with his legendary beasty and wants to fight again. Though this would mean the game assumes you already caught your legend and I think it would get pretty complicated.
3 Most likely to me, you play as a new character, who is essentially 'Gray' (or possibly White/Black, with the story assuming that Black/White respectively became the champion) and are following in the footsteps of Black/White where you become the third chosen hero who has to catch Kyurem.

Anyway it's refreshing to see GameFreak trying something this different, and I'd like to see them make it interesting

I am dissapointed that they didn't release a pokemon grey to complete the set . That being said i don't think pokemon can do much different without lising their massive fanbase. What we need now is blizzard and gamefreak to team up and make a pokemon MMO .

I agree that it's kind of odd that there was no Pokemon Grey.

I'm kind of puzzled they didn't add anything to the title at all (i.e. Pokemon FireRed)

Pokemon ShadowBlack & GhostWhite?
Pokemon NightBlack & BoneWhite?

Eri:

DAMMIT! I wanted to say all of those things! Humph.

I guess I'll have to say something nice then about the sequel to one awesome freaking Generation that I loved, won't I? grumble grumble

On a more serious note, this surprises me, but in a good way. Game Freak broke a lot of traditions with Black and White already, but I didn't see this one coming at all. With the new forms of Kyurem (which look like it's been fused with Zekrom and Reshiram respectively), it'll be interesting to see how new a plot these games feature. Colour me very interested.

I'll just quote myself from the other thread:

ZehMadScientist:
That's quite interesting. But why Black and White 2? The storyline wasn't that good (In any Pokemon game for that matter), so all I can think of is that this is an excuse to release a new pokemon game without having to come up with another batch of 150 horribly designed critters.
I mean, judging from the most recent generations' designs, it's painfully obvious they no longer have the imagination to come up with new ones.

Another possibility would be a massive game stretching through all the regions, featuring all the 600 something Pokemans. Unlikely as it may seem, it would be pretty awesome nonetheless if it were true.

I would have preferred an Emerald remake, though.

Indeed surprised about it not being Pokemon Gray. And as it is a sequel to Black and White, do we get to import our Pokemon from the previous game? This interests me greatly.

If it's going to be more story focused than previous Pokemon games then this may just tempt me away from my resolution to not buy any more Pokegames. But then a re-vamp of R/S/E would also tempt me, especially if the cartridge was pretty like the originals :3

Personally I'd like to see another in the Collosseum series - story driven with 3D modelling.

As for it not being specifically for the 3DS I see it as nothing more than a bad marketing move, as it would have helped shift some more consoles (but then maybe the game would have sold worse overall and lost them money?). I keep my 3D turned off as it really doesn't improve my experience of games - I only bought it to play Zelda & Tot. Abyss.

Those new/alternate versions of the legendaries look a bit pathetic to me, Zekrom and Reshiram looked so much cooler and they've obviously just spliced them with the third dragon (whose name completely evades me). If that's the only difference they've made then I'll be seriously dissapointed.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked