Pokemon Black/White 2 Announced!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Well I didn't see this one coming, but of course I'll be checking the game out. I wonder what new features it will add and hopefully will bring N back.

Not being Pokemon: Gray is very suprising. We all saw them focusing on Kyurem but this is a bit from left field. Honestly I like it, I liked Black and White's Story and would love to see Ghetsis try to make a comeback.

I'm just going to wander how they are going to ddo it? Are you going to be a new kid setting out on a journey or play the same character from Black and White?

You know what I think would be cool? If they revamped fighting and made the battle screen like Tekken, with every move being assigned to a face button, with L/R being jump or dodge.

Because honestly? It's getting stale. I never went further than Vermillion in HGSS and I don't think I went beyond Victory Road in BW.

I guess I should dip out of the series for the next few gens and come back fresh.

I'll see what the story is for BW2, but I'm probably gonna give it a miss.

I'm excited! The story on Black and White was easily the best for any of the Pokemon games and I hope it keeps it up! Although I gotta say I`m not a huge fan of the new legendary forms...

Eri:
3. You're tired of the Pokemon formula, "8 gyms, elite 4, catch em all".

I disagree, that is a perfectly valid avenue of discussion. Especially in light of this new direct sequel. If any of the handheld games so far were likely to break out of this rut, it's potentially going to be this one.

Dear god they actually ran out of colors. Congratulations, nintendo, in 4 year's time, you'll have been squeezing pokemon dry for about twenty years while never changing the formula of progrression (8 gyms, elite 4, retarded 'team x' trying to do something eeeeevil) or battle mechanics.
Cannot say I approve.

I bought Pokemon Black and as soon as I beat the Elite Four/Team WhosenameIforget I did something I have never ever done with a Pokemon game before. I stopped playing because there was sod all to keep me occupied. Here's hoping they fix that.

Damnit Nintendo, Damnit Gamefreak! This better be the last one. If you make any more pokemon there'll be way too many and then no new games. After this they better go MMO.

As for the game itself, It doesn't look totally different but I suppose enough so to warrant some sort of hype. Having the third legendary in the set seemingly get it's powers from the other two is kind of cool. Of course the idea that it's a direct sequel might drive some first timers away ( though I don't know why you'd play pokémon for the story.)

I am forced to ask:

Why?

I did NOT see the Kyurem mix.....I am more interested than I was before.

Me55enger:
I am forced to ask:

Why?

Because Pokemon is great. And I guess they'd try the sequel route for Black and White instead of just Pokemon Grey....kind of an interesting concept.

Lets hope they do something different apart from beat the gyms and then the elite 4. Funny to think people are bitching about a dlc download on Mass Effect 3 when every Pokemon game is the same with minor differences. Maybe as its a sequel they will have a proper story. But Pokemon is addictive though, i play it with my younger brother. hee hee.

I really really didn't see this coming.

I honestly thought the next one would be Pokemon Gray...

Yay, totally excited now! I realise it'll probably be shockingly similar to the original Black and White but yay nonetheless.

That at least means there's a chance another brilliant game will come out some time this year, otherwise it'll be a really lackluster year for gaming to me.

Now that I think about it they did leave the end of B&W pretty open, with...

so I can see why they did it, I just hope they don't add any more abominably stupid pokemon (looking at you Trubbish/Garbodor)

Elementary - Dear Watson:

Hal10k:
Wow. They actually ran out of colors.

Pokemon Opaque and Pokemon Transparent anyone?

Pokémon magenta and Pokémon indigo?

Pokémon sky and Pokémon vanilla?

From now on they'll have to use the fashion and interior decoration industry's vanity colour names.

Meh.
I lost my interest in Pokemon around Heart Gold, when I realized "I'm just doing the same exact thing, except now it's without the idealistic perspective of adventure and now I have a set ideal of what I am going to do and how I'm going to do it. I've beaten four other generations of this crap, and another one isn't going to perk me up."
And now they're adding another addition to the one I stopped half-way through. I guess this means they're no longer trying to add another 299 Pokemans to the series?

As much as I like the Pokemon games, they SHOULD change a few things.

What I would LOVE to see in a Pokemon game; The ability to become a Gym Leader or join the Elite Four.
I mean, come on, you work your way up to the point where you can beat EVERYONE, but nobody's going to let you make a career of it?
Like maybe make it so that once you beat all of the Gym Leaders you can then boot out a certain Gym Leader and replace them. Make it so that once per day a somewhat powerful trainer comes and tries to challenge you.
Then do the same with the elite four. I don't know, I just always wanted to be able to join the Elite Four, so much more badass than the Champion, in my opinion.

Also, I wish they'd make a game where you could catch all of the generations in one game, BEFORE you have to fight the Elite Four. I'd love to make my dream team before I fought the Elite Four. Sadly, I doubt this'll ever happen.

I was hoping for Pokemon magenta and indigo. Seriously How many colour are left?

That's just Reshiram and Zekrom with a new face and some icy bits thrown on for good measure. Is it the 1st of April today? Cause this almost looks fake.

So what this all boils down to is Pokemon dark gray, and Pokemon light gray? I hope that is not it, I'm wondering if this will be a true sequel or just the third version, wouldn't it be nice if it was a little of both? Kind of like a Pokemon version of Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Take the basic gameplay, engine, and characters and write a new story taking place in an alternate "dream version" of already elaborated places. You can just take the already existing map and change how the towns are connected and have a brand new game right there.

Hal10k:
Wow. They actually ran out of colors.

Man you made me laugh so hard just there!!
Thank you!

I haven't played anything after gen3 so this is news of no meaning for me, the fact that it's their first sequal was the thing that brought me here, that's an interesting twist to the pokemon games.

I am surprised no one is complaining about how "new pokemon suck" or how "Nintendo has ruined the franchise!!!"

Thank god, I think I got rid of all of them.

Besides, about colors:

We got several more, even if they weren't colors we have new gems:

Amythyst
Amber
Obsidion
Chrome
Quartz
Topaz
Malachite

It seems people haven't addressed this yet, so I'll clear it up for everybody: While there isn't a Pokemon Grey, these games are essentially the equivalent of the 3rd entry in a generation. Basically they just took the "director's cut" mentality of the 3rd generation, and decided "Hey, we can make this into two versions! Profit"

Of course, not that I'm criticizing. This announcement took me by complete, if not pleasant surprise, and I appreciate Nintendo is actually making the effort to keep the games fresh (the story to BW was actually pretty damn good). Can't wait to play these.

You know what? Good for them! It's about time we get something to shake up the main franchise. And hell, I'm probably going to buy it anyway, if only to make filling my Pokedex that little bit easier.

jackpackage200:
Shit I just posted another thread about this.

Anyway I am Impressed that GameFreak is trying something new like a direct sequel.I thought the story of black and white was fantastic.

I hope I can catch more than Fifth gen pokemon during the main game instead of the post game.

I know. As soon as I posted this, I saw your thread. -_-'

Alexander Cunningham:
I was hoping for Pokemon magenta and indigo. Seriously How many colour are left?

I stopped caring about new Pokemon games looooooong ago. As far as I'm concerned, there are only 251 Pokemon.

soren7550:

http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-black-and-white-version-2-announced-ds-out-june-japan/

Fat skinny is the following:
- Set for release in Japan in June
- First true sequel in the Pokemon series
- For the DS (but can be played on the 3DS)
- Above image is Kyurem's new forms, named Black Kyurem and White Kyurem

Thoughts? I can honestly say that I didn't see this coming, and that I await further news on it.

My reactions:
-So, it'll be here around November?
-Mysterydungeon2, PkmnColuseum2, PkmnPinball2 ... Anyways, I think they're running out of stuff to name them now.
-It'll probably get a 3ds release with a few updates.
-Looking at the picture, rather the ice-types are making a comeback or somethings corrupting them again.

Nyaoku:

soren7550:

http://www.gamesradar.com/pokemon-black-and-white-version-2-announced-ds-out-june-japan/

Fat skinny is the following:
- Set for release in Japan in June
- First true sequel in the Pokemon series
- For the DS (but can be played on the 3DS)
- Above image is Kyurem's new forms, named Black Kyurem and White Kyurem

Thoughts? I can honestly say that I didn't see this coming, and that I await further news on it.

My reactions:
-So, it'll be here around November?
-Mysterydungeon2, PkmnColuseum2, PkmnPinball2 ... Anyways, I think they're running out of stuff to name them now.

-It'll probably get a 3ds release with a few updates.
-Looking at the picture, rather the ice-types are making a comeback or somethings corrupting them again.

That's being very optimistic, and I/they meant true sequel in the main series.

And if/when the 3DS gets a true Pokemon game, it'll be a new one in the main series.

My opinion on this is directly tied to how much of a sequel this actually is.

I'd like to believe you actually get to start with your B/W team or something of that sort develop the originak story, but that kills part of the trading system from the series as well as making it weird to make a full fame for the 60-100 pokemon levels, plus the fact that Unova isn't really that big or interesting of a region to warrant a full game.

I read somewhere about the possibility of going to Hoehn via the Airport but that just seems like a shot in the dark, since after Silver/Gold we really didn't get a two region game. What I would really like to see is more challenging end-game content that wasn't just a one.off match or something of the sort, most fun from playing pokemon are using your late-game teams, but so far, other than fighting the rigged battle towers and all that jazz I've felt that the games were weak in that aspect.

This aside, the Legendary alt formes are ugly imo, but this batch also has a bit of weird design choices mixed with some really good design of pokemons.

Eri:
Reposting this from Kotaku-

There's no reason you should comment on this article if one of the following apply to you;

1. You're asking if there are still Pokemon games being made after Red and Blue.
2. You want these games 3DS exclusive.
4. You want a new Pokemon game on a console or some type of MMO game.
5. You have nothing to say that will spark a discussion and just want to upload your pokemon related picture.
6. You think they're milking the series.
7. You want to point out there are no new colors in the title thus its somehow means Game Freak is running out of ideas.
8. You're butthurt even though you haven't played a Pokemon game since 1996.
9. You're going to comment all the the old ones are clearly best.

The only one that applies to me is 4. And while that is true, I would like a Pokemon MMO, that doesn't diminish my interest in Black/White 2. It's okay to want things, and doesn't really make your opinion invalid.

Eri:

There's no reason you should comment on this article if one of the following apply to you;

1. You're asking if there are still Pokemon games being made after Red and Blue.
5. You have nothing to say that will spark a discussion and just want to upload your pokemon related picture.
7. You want to point out there are no new colors in the title thus its somehow means Game Freak is running out of ideas.

XD

Personally, I'm excited. I've been waiting for "Grey," assuming that was the progression. This is actually kind of better.

Plus, I didn't want it to be for the 3DS, since I don't have one yet.

The Kyurem forms look dumb, though. Seriously, the only thing I wanted to complain about. And not that big. I didn't really use Resh and Zek, anyway.

I just want Game Freak to change the gameplay mechanics for once. Not only I'm not a fan of turn based, but it's getting old where the only worthwhile Pokemon games (not the lame spinoffs) have the same combat system for every game.

I wish they would make it more skill based while maintaining the RPG mechanics. I'm thinking of a kingdom hearts type of gameplay. You can actually control their movements, you can dodge, and use one of their four attacks. This can be done very easily and it would easily make it the best pokemon game ever IMO.

Sun Flash:
You know what I think would be cool? If they revamped fighting and made the battle screen like Tekken, with every move being assigned to a face button, with L/R being jump or dodge.

Because honestly? It's getting stale.

Mr.Squishy:
Dear god they actually ran out of colors. Congratulations, nintendo, in 4 year's time, you'll have been squeezing pokemon dry for about twenty years while never changing the formula of progrression (8 gyms, elite 4, retarded 'team x' trying to do something eeeeevil) or battle mechanics.
Cannot say I approve.

him over there:
Damnit Nintendo, Damnit Gamefreak! This better be the last one. If you make any more pokemon there'll be way too many and then no new games. After this they better go MMO.

SonOfVoorhees:
Lets hope they do something different apart from beat the gyms and then the elite 4. Funny to think people are bitching about a dlc download on Mass Effect 3 when every Pokemon game is the same with minor differences. Maybe as its a sequel they will have a proper story. But Pokemon is addictive though, i play it with my younger brother. hee hee.

Macgyvercas:
I stopped caring about new Pokemon games looooooong ago. As far as I'm concerned, there are only 251 Pokemon.

Lol

Eri:

Eri:

Lol

Eri:

This isn't Kotaku. It's a forum and I am allowed to express my opinion. I like the series and mentioned something I'd like to see. I don't see the problem here.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked