Are you looking forward to borderlands 2?

Pages PREV 1 2

Thoric485:
You can play as a dwarf dual-wielding miniguns.

I'm sold.

That isnt a dwarf... That is a very, very big man...

Im interested, ill wait and see if they have fixed the problems from the first those being:

- Too much brown/ shanty towns.

- More "looks" to the guns, sure there were "millions" of stats but noly a very few "looks" to the guns.

- A better story/ ending. Seriously the ending almost made me hate the game for it, it was just superbad.

- Fixing the shooting. The shooting was fine, but felt a bit off. Not enough feedback for the enemies being shot.

- Make the vehicles fun to drive: This is a small one because its not what the game is about. But the buggies were just unfun to drive, getting caught on small rocks etc.

That trailer is ridiculously good, but I'm unsure about the game itself. Sure, I loved Borderlands, but like a lot of people have said, I got bored of the grind (and I play a lot of grind games - otherwise known as RPGs). I think what spoiled it for me was that I played the whole campaign solo, then I played a few of the dlc packs co-op. Cant really get back into playing it solo after co-op, since that is what it is designed for.

I already want to play Axton...

daveman247:
- More "looks" to the guns, sure there were "millions" of stats but noly a very few "looks" to the guns.

Take a closer look at the trailer. You'll notice that towards the end they show a lot of different-looking guns. I think this time around they said each weapon manufacturer would have a distinct look for their guns and some of the concept art I've seen supports that.

Here are a few images I dug up to show you:

http://files.g4tv.com/ImageDb3/280374_S/borderlands-2-weapon-manufacturers-detailed-exploding-guns-sounds-fun.jpg

http://media.pcgamer.com/files/2011/08/Borderlands-2-Tediore.jpg

http://images.eurogamer.net/2012/articles//a/1/4/4/9/4/9/4/premiereclub.jpg.jpg

daveman247:
- Make the vehicles fun to drive: This is a small one because its not what the game is about. But the buggies were just unfun to drive, getting caught on small rocks etc.

They've already confirmed that they've overhauled the vehicle physics so now hitting a rock won't bring your vehicle to a dead stop.

Better colour palette. More guns. More enemies. New environments. And they said it would be better optimised for PC unlike the first one which was a hot steaming mess on PC.
I aint too fussed on story. I did not need much more than "go shoot that dude" in the first. However better enemy AI would be nice and damaging different areas on a enemies body resulting in them acting different would be great. I still love N64s Goldeneye just for that.

Count me the fuck in. Its the only game I am looking forward to this year unless Techland manages to pop out Dead Island 2.

aescuder:
...that is up until i saw Zero (a cyborg freakin ninja) in the trailer. How the hell do you compete with that?

You cant. He straight up Bulletstorms a dude.

He murders his dick!

I just hope he aint straight melee focused like Brick. That character was fucking useless.

daveman247:

Thoric485:
You can play as a dwarf dual-wielding miniguns.

I'm sold.

That isnt a dwarf... That is a very, very big man...

Im interested, ill wait and see if they have fixed the problems from the first those being:

- Too much brown/ shanty towns.

- A better story/ ending. Seriously the ending almost made me hate the game for it, it was just superbad.

- Fixing the shooting. The shooting was fine, but felt a bit off. Not enough feedback for the enemies being shot.

1. they have areas from swamps to snowy mountains

2. if you watched the trailer and look at the guns the characters hold near the end you see just how different they all are.

3. they said the game will have a heavy narrative

4. I watched some gameplay and when a psycho was shot in the foot he grabbed it like he was in pain, the only enemy who didn't respond to pain that I could remember in the gameplay video were the robots, and even they ended up loosing limbs during the fight.

and as mentioned above by someone else they have improved the driving. the motto of borderlands 2 seems to be 'improve all the things'

aescuder:
...that is up until i saw Zero (a cyborg freakin ninja) in the trailer. How the hell do you compete with that?

You cant. He straight up Bulletstorms a dude.

He murders his dick!

I just hope he aint straight melee focused like Brick. That character was fucking useless.

his ability makes him deploy a decoy and turn invisible at the same time as well as build up a critical attack (the later you wait to sue it the more powerful) and you can make it reveal enemies weak points so you can either use skills to upgrade your sword and to a extremely powerful sneak crit stab or use your decoy to get some distance and let of a powerful sniper head shot, or a sneak critical shotgun or rocket launcher, hey knowing borderlands you can probably use a shotgun rocket launcher sneak critical.

Personally, I was sick of the generic quest grinding system after playing WOW : \

Couldn't enjoy Dead Island for the very same reason.

nuba km:
words of joy!

it's so beautiful

tehehehe, this game will be birthday present to myself. even more so since it's released on my birthday, sep 18 :D

I was dissappointed when my friend's initial tip-off told me there didn't seem to be a clear sniper class. 'Zero' fixed this disappointment. He looks freakinAWESOME.

nuba km:
snip

I already know this :P but theres a difference to what they say they have done and what they actually have done... The first borderlands looked like it had loads of guns too, but that was not the case.
And they may have "improved" the drving. But does that mean its any good now ?

dual wielding guns? hows that remarkable?
"because you can dual wield BIGGER guns!"
yeah, no thanks

Holy hell yes, I need this :D the new characters look awesome :D.

Hopefully it's as whacky, awesome and silly as the first one :D

and 87 bazillion guns?
more like 87 billion marginally different versions of 100 guns

I'm already planning out my new Siren build. My last Siren broke the game to the point solo farming Crawmerax became boring, hopefully the new girl can do the same.

I bought the first one when it came out, and I really liked it, minus a few things.
-Ending. Seriously, there is a fine line between making an anti-climax funny, and just being a dick.
-It's awfully lonely playing alone, and a noticeable soundtrack really could have helped with this.
-DLC. Not an actual complaint, as their DLC looked like what DLC should be: well-worth the price, and an awesome addition. I just don't really buy DLC.
From the trailer, it looks like a bigger, badder Borderlands. So I will probably be getting it. Well, the GOTY edition that is. So I enjoy their awesome DLC.

Not something that is a definite buy for me, but will pick it up when I can. Hopefully, there will be an actual story this time but other than that, most of it looks pretty promising.

Yes.

YEEEEEES.

I haven't been this excited for a game since...um...Skyrim. :3

I didn't enjoy Borderlands enough for this to be a must buy, but I liked it enough to put this on my 'maybe' list. It was pretty fun, but (first one aside) the boss fights were pretty disappointing, especially the last one. The DLC did improve on this quite a lot, though. Okay, so it's pretty high on my 'maybe' list, let's call it a 'must-rent', I think Gearbox did a good enough job with the first to warrant that.

Yes, yeas I am.

No. For two reasons. The first and biggest reason is I don't like Diablo, pointless clicking, clicking, clicking, going nowhere. Changing the camera doesn't add anything to the game. The second is a personal boycott of Gearbox until they fix what they plan to do to their greatest asset, the only franchise they own worth spit, Brothers in Arms.

I am very excited for it!

The other half and I spent many hours playing the first one together with just eachother and with some friends. :) I can't wait to play it with him! :D

a thousand times, Yes! I'm so ready for this game.

daveman247:

nuba km:
snip

I already know this :P but theres a difference to what they say they have done and what they actually have done... The first borderlands looked like it had loads of guns too, but that was not the case.
And they may have "improved" the drving. But does that mean its any good now ?

well form watching gameplay and the trailer point 2 and 4 are true the others, fair enough so I presume you are in the camp of 'wait until there are reviews that tell me they improved what they said they have improved'. Well I trust gearbox on this as their constant improvement of DLC those make them look like they learn form their mistakes.

Carrots_macduff:
and 87 bazillion guns?
more like 87 billion marginally different versions of 100 guns

well borderlands 1 had more then 100 guns that felt pretty different to use, apart form looks most guns in fact felt different to use(some more then others e.g. the jackal being the only grenade launcher in the game) due to their stats and even if you do feel like they only had 100 guns in borderlands 1 that's still more choice then other FPS's and lets face it their guns feel more unique to use then the number swords or other weapons available to you in other RPGs.

Definitely going to get it, Borderlands was great but there was so much room for improvement. If this game can improve on its predecessor then it will be worth it.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked