Tell me about YOUR Commander Shepard

Pages 1 2 NEXT

everyone's shepard is likely a bit different. Different background's, different appearances, different methodology and different lifestyles. With the upcoming Mass Effect 3, I was curious about the many different variations on her or him out there. So go ahead and brag a little ^^

I'll go first I guess.

My Shepard is a rather depressing person. Black hair and preffers dark red armor with blue highlights. She is a soldier first and foremost: a commando who prefers accuracy to brute force: Thus her weapon of choice is the M1-Mattoc.

her past is full of tragedy, with her parents dying, then losing her squad, death and pain seem to follow her around like a shadow. This has lead to her developing a psychological need to protect others,l yet distancing herself from them so they aren't killed by being in her proximity, though this rarely works.

She's bisexual, though her first love is Liara, Thane caught her on the rebound: once again showing her unconcious desire for misery in her own life: first a woman who will out-live her by centuries, then a man with a terminal illness. Also: she's a xenophile.

I guess that's it about her. now tell me about YOUR Shepard!

My Shep charges things, shoots things in the face with a shotgun, and sometimes gives inspirational speeches. She despises Cerberus because they kinda sorta massacred her buddies with a thresher maw, but works with them because the plot says so.

Seeing as how I've got something like 8 different Shepards hanging around my Normandy, I'll just give a brief description of my main MaleShep and FemShep.

Raithious: A colonial hard-ass who watched his colony be slaughtered/abducted by Batarian slavers, he was joined the ranks of the Alliance which hardened his bitterness into almost out-right cruelty. Placed in command of a mission to take out Batarian raiders on the planet o Torfin(spelling), his desire for revenge led him to throw countless waves of his own men at the defenses, ultimatey winning the day but at a tremendous cost. Known now for taking a hard line on discipline, he was offered up as a specter where his no-nonsense attitude and desire to succeed at any cost has earned him quite the reputation as a ruthless renegade agent. Trained in the use of all weapons, there is little that can stand against him when he sets his sights on an objective. Despite his past run-ins with Cerberus, he views the group as a powerful asset. He's able to move on from the past and gladly accept Cerberus' aid in the fight against the Collectors, wishing that he had joined the group much earlier since it's a group that actually gets things done.

Melissa: The lonely, brooding sniper. A tragic character if there ever was one. She was also a colonial survivor of a slaving raid. After joining the Alliance, she served as the sniper for a squad that was sent to the world of Akuze. This turned out to be a trap as her squad landed right in the middle of a thresher nest in which everyone but her was torn apart. Though sorrow and grief could night darken the light within her heart, as with each case of mass horror and death, she vowed to do better. She vowed that none should share the same suffering as her, and as such she tries to remain as diplomatic as possible. She does have a "trigger issue", though, that brings out her dark side...she has absolutely no mercy towards those who conduct "black science", groups llike Cerberus, as each encounter with such a group has led to her executing those conducting the experiments. Upon being ressurected, she made it clear from start to finish that she had no intentions of trusting Cerberus or the Illusive Man, yet her shining example of honor, bravery, and compassion ultimately won over the hearts and minds of her crew, effectively making all Cerberus personel - even the devotely loyal Miranda - turn in their resignation to the dark organization simultaneously.

To the Alliance military I was born and raised.
On a spaceship is where I spent most of my days.
Chillin' out, relaxin', being all cool.
Shotgun and biotics to enforce the rule.

Then one day Geth came to Eden Prime.
Led by Saren and Sovereign; a race against time
Sucked me in, and to action I was spurred.
And that's how I became Spectre Shepard.

Now Spectres are used to bending the rules;
Twisting the authorities and using people as tools.
But I'm not going to let my morals be slurred;
I'm the fair and true Paragon: Commander Shepard!

A Quarian at my side and the Council at my back;
Joker and EDI flying in for the attack.
We're going to make our voice of resistance be heard,
That the Harbinger of Destiny is, in fact, Shepard!

...Also, my first name is "C F" (with quotation marks on file, as if it's a nickname), Sole Survivor (determined not to let it bug me), and I'm a red-head with perma-stubble and no scars. Wish I could provide a screenshot, but I'm also on the 360.

Spiff Shepard (anyone who gets the reference gets a high five and a cookiee) is, on the surface, a tough-as-nails, no nonsense, jerkass soldier. On the underneath, however, he secretly fears becoming close to anyone, after his entire family and all his friends were butchered by batarian slavers, which also gave him a deep-abiding loathing for batarians, although by the time ME2 rolls around, he's sorta got over that, after the Asteroid X57 incident. After his squadmates died on Akuze, his stoic persona set in, and he began to actively push people away from him. During the hunt for Saren, however, he seemed to recover alongside friends, even having a relationship with an Asari Scientist. However, after the death of Ashley Williams on Virmire, he went off the deep end, but in a different way from before. He started to become suicidal, taking daring risks if it mean he could save anyone. He became the ultimate paragon, but not because he is a saint, but because he has serious psycological problems. After being ressurected by cerberus, the people responsible for the Akuze incident, he began to turn vengeful, and angry towards the organisation. While utilising their assets, he took every oppurtunnity possible to sabotage them, a goal that seemed to take precedence over finding the collectors. He preserved the lives of everyone he could, though the death of Ashley Williams haunts him to this very day.

woodaba:
Spiff Shepard (anyone who gets the reference gets a high five and a cookiee)

Spaceman Spiff? Calvin and Hobbes?

chinangel:

woodaba:
Spiff Shepard (anyone who gets the reference gets a high five and a cookiee)

Spaceman Spiff? Calvin and Hobbes?

Indeed, Sir and/or Madam. Go get yourself a cookie and here's an internet high five.

I tried to make my Shepard look hispanic, like me, but he ended up looking like a south-easter asian. It hilarious how wonky the character creator is.

Well, the one I'm going with for Mass Effect 3 is a Pretty much full paragon with occasional renegade moments (Killing Saleon, etc) who was born on a space station and lost his squad in the blitz. He's got a thing going with Liara which he'll hopefully be continuing to the end of the series, so long as Liara doesn't die halfway through 3 if that's even possible. (Even if it is no spoilers please!)
He's also a MANGUARD so he fucks up all the shit.
EDIT: Also because the character creator is dumb and doesn't let me spin the camera right he has massive fucking cheekbones compared to what I'd want. Hooray for save editors.

My Shepard is a nice guy and helps everyone. His only real distinguishing feature is that I spent way too long on his eyebrows to create the effect that every time he talks to someone, his expression could be described as quizzical

I have a totally asexual, ugly Shephard, who acts randomly (shouts frequently at their team and punches journalists, while at the same time he comforts Jack, Tali and Zaeed). Also, he carries the nuke launcher at all times.

He's asexual, but he flirts with the crew and dumps them for the lulz.

Then, I have a Paragon Shepard, who I play the most

She likes cake and xenocide. Mostly cake, though.

Uh. Mostly by-the-book lawful, doesn't do much more work than they have to, weak as shite when it comes to combat.

Vanguard (may be the wrong class, haven't played ME in a while) is such a fun class, but why can't I wear anything stronger than light armor, or use anything else besides a pistol? >.>

Jack Shepard was raised on the streets of Earth. He would turn to any petty crime to stay alive on the streets of Earth. It was on these streets he grew a powerful will to survive. When he decided that the only way to get out was to join the military, he enlisted in the Alliance.

Years later, Shepard felt that will again when Batarians attacked his planet. He was going to live, no matter what.

These events turned Shepard into a powerful and ruthless soldier. He will kill ten hostages if it means 1,000 survive. He won't hesitate to eliminate a hostile threat unless he thinks he can use it for something. He is a control freak. He feels like the only way he can be safe is if everyone is too afraid of him to try and kill him.

Now, with the terrible knowledge the Cycle of Extinction, Shepard is in overdrive. All that matters is the mission. No one else. Nothing else.

There is only one mission: Beat the Reapers, and survive.

(I left him with the default look)

My Shepard has the Colonist-Ruthless background, is a Vanguard, and is now trying to atone for what he did. Ergo, he's a Paragon, but he WILL take any advantage he can get, and he has immense difficulty restraining his temper when innocents are being harmed.

Shepard started on mindoir, which got savaged by the Batarians. Natrually, he wanted revenge. Eventually, he led the assault on Torfan, where he snapped and went full on berserk, killing every man woman and child Batarian in the base. Afterwards, he crumbled emotionally, feeling that he had become no better than the slavers who had destroyed his life.

He then turned things around and changed to fight to protect the innocent, while still focusing on being as brutally efficient as possible. And he has no issue with breaking the rules to get the job done. Working with his squad in ME1 only made that change all the stronger.

He also believes in second chances, believing that if he gives others a second chance, he might be able to validate his own life. (IE, he spared the rachni, saved the random dying batarian on omega, BARELY restrained himself from shooting the asshole scientist form the Overlord DLC, and wants to give the geth their second chance). He even gave the illusive man the benefit of the doubt and spared the Collector base (Plus, they'll need all the advantages they can get to stop the reapers)

That said, beneath his determined outlook, he's kind of fragile. If he makes a bond with someone, and it's broken, then he will be hurting. Hence why Ashley's attitude on Horizon hurt him so much. He's still angry at that, and doesn't regret hooking up with Tali (mostly because he admires Tali's inner strength, and her willingness to trust him even when he's working with a group that she has full reason to hate).

Lastly, he takes the whole reaper business personally. Mordin may have said that it's easier to want to fight for one or two people than for the whole galaxy, but Shepard disagrees. He feels responsible for the lives of everyone across the Galaxy, and although he IS willing to make sacrifices, every time he is forced to do so (or someone dies that he could have saved), he is filled with fury at his failure and strives to prevent that from happening again.

He's a fragile bottle of rage, trying his best to atone for a past he loathes, and now it's only a matter time what breaks first...His body, or the entire reaper fleet. His reckless attitude makes him a perfect Vanguard.

My Shepard is an Earthborn-Sole Survivor Soldier.

He likes Assault Rifles and Asari. He is generally paragon except when he sees a special tactical opputunity, then he is ruthless. Sometimes he gets angry and punches and shouts at people.

My Shepard keeps forgetting to feed her fishes.....=_=

My Shepard...was deleted by my Xbox.

Fuck.

Well, I play Shepard as a sniper, a pure hero who knows that good isn't nice and won't hesitate to push you out the window if you act like a cocky dick to him.

Paragade! Renagon!

He decided that the universe was safe enough after the events of ME1. And it was.

Aiden was a colony kid who's family was killed by Batarian slavers. From that day, he vowed that if it was within his power, nobody would ever suffer like that again.

He went on to be the hero of the Skyllian Blitz, preventing the deaths and enslavement of innocents.

He is a paragon, leading with compassion and respect.

Faye was an Earth kid, left to raise herself in one of it's darkest and violent corners. Using her wits, agility, and sheer force of will, she survived long enough to join the military, a chance to get off that lousy rock and make a respectable name for herself.

She went on to survive the clusterfuck on Akuze, her will to survive tempered by all those years back on earth.

She get's shit done, she is a renegade (with a slight touch of paragon), she is an indomitable spirit, who demands respect. Anyone who works hard enough to earn her respect, will find the most loyal and steadfast leader a person could hope for.

Jol Shepard spent most of his life in childhood in space fought in the blitz
he is paragon mostly he is about forgiveness but once you shoot at him all bets are off.
he is in love with liara and is good friends with alenko And was a mentor to garrus after his first death he was proud of the man garrus had become a welcomed him back with open arms
His moto just becuase you can do something dosnt mean you should he saved the council just so he could say i told you so

Selica died when the Geth attacked! My world everyone is dead, because I never play it anymore!

Tyrone (formerly Stormageddon, formerly Zebulon) Shepard is an almost exclusively Paragon Soldier in the first game and Vanguard in the second and third, Spacer, War Hero, banged Ashley in 1 and stayed (aside from Kelly) faithful through 2. He also looks surprisingly normal. And MaleShep's voice doesn't fit the default face, this one was a bit more suited to that.

chinangel:
everyone's shepard is likely a bit different. Different background's, different appearances, different methodology and different lifestyles. With the upcoming Mass Effect 3, I was curious about the many different variations on her or him out there. So go ahead and brag a little ^^
I guess that's it about her. now tell me about YOUR Shepard!

My Shepard's look was mildly inspired by Lt. Karen Murphy from the Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. Short, blond hair, with a pixy-ish face. Very cute.

I played her mostly Paragon, "Good Cop" style.

She was a Colonist, and a Sole Survivor.

She is a Soldier (although I may play her as an Infiltrator in ME3) using a Sniper Rifle for ranged and an Assault rifle up close.

Also (unlike Lt. Murphy) I played her as a lesbian. She was with Liara in ME1, and with Kelly (and Liara) in ME2. She flirted a little with Garrus and Jacob, but it was just good-natured teasing that perhaps they took a little too seriously. She also somehow missed Tali flirting with her after helping Tali with that little misunderstanding with the Migrant fleet. Possibly she didn't want to start anything serious with Tali while still getting over her feelings for Liara. (that's my explanation and I'm sticking to it)

Oh, and I'm not sure yet if she is going to try to get back with Liara in ME3, or if she's going to give Tali a chance to mend her broken heart. I'm tempted to go with Tali, but I guess we'll see.

So there's my Shep. ^^

My Shepard, named after me, is an Eartborn war hero. He doesn't believe in absolutes like good or evil, only right and wrong. He does what he believes what's right and is uncompromising in his ideals.

Solo, he is quite capable on holding his own, but understands that even the strongest man needs the assistance of others to succeed. He holds trust above all else with his companions. He offers his aid and asks for nothing in return except for their loyalty.

Jake Shepard is an open minded man. When he isn't saving the galaxy he fancies a book or some such every now and again. His life was never really phased by his biotics being implemented into him, nor the Thresher Maw attack on Akuze, nor his family and friends being slaughtered by Batarians, he's come to terms that life is a bitch, and that the best he can do is tame this wild bitch and make it his botch. And even though he doesn't see eye to eye with Cerberus, he knows they're the only ones that can really help Shepard save the Galaxy.

And he's a pretty nice guy. Though he will occasionally murder someone to get the edge, his words are a very powerful weapon, since he knows that even if he fails to convince his enemy that it's a horrible idea to fight him, that he can just blow his face off with a shotgun and be on his way.

He's all for equality between races, and see's it as unfair as to how the Krogan and Quarian races are treated.

He's also developed a romance with Tali, because she's bloody adorable and they've been through a lot, so why the fuck not?

Ripsteel Shepard is and has always been a sneaky bastard. An Infiltrator, he enjoys nothing more than sniping you from across the battlefield. He will hack your shit in a heartbeat and loot you silly, justifying it because you left in laying around.

Shepard is generally pleasant in conversation, but he will not hesitate for one second to speak his mind. If you are a certain Turian Council Member, he will call out your bullshit in a heartbeat.

As a Spacer, Ripsteel is knowledgeable of most alien races, as well as respectful of their cultures. He has never been particularly fond of the Asari, however. Most of them are either extremely boring or assholes. The same applies for most humans he has met.

Ripsteel Shepard has stayed a Paragon. He has always believed that killing is more often than not unnecessary. He will always try to resolve a situation with diplomacy, and most likely accepts an enemy's surrender. He believes it is more helpful to have an enemy who owes you a favor than it is to have a corpse. He also believes life to be sacred, and understands the responsibility of killing for a career. He always tries to even out his karma by saving whomever he can, be it a random dying Batarian or a bad guy who clearly presents no threat. However, if you prove unreasonable he will not lose sleep over killing you. To him, there is only one way to make sure a threat is dead: blow it to hell. That, combined with his obvious distrust of "The Illusive Man" is the reason he exploded the Collector's base.

Shepard is oddly somewhat shy around the ladies. He will flirt with the best of them, but becomes extremely awkward when actually talking about relationships. He stumbles and stutters through serious discussions, and doesn't really know how to ask a girl out. That is probably why he and Tali go so well together.

Shepard is motivated to save the universe because he knows he can do something. More than that, though, he fights for his friends. For Alenko, who died on Virmire. For Garrus, who has saved his neck more times than he can count. For Tali, the love of his life. He takes any threat to them as a threat to himself, and threatening his friends is the fastest way to die.

Way back in 2007 when I got the first Mass Effect, I attempted to create a character that looked like I did (at the time I had really long hair). When I couldn't I just decided to use the default Shepard, but I've grown attached to him just like anybody would their custom Shepard. I've been a Paragon through and through, but that doesn't mean I don't like to exercise my ability to push people out of windows every once in a while.

Rachel Shepard is a flirt but it never gets much further than that, she is a good person and would like the galaxy a better place and solve things in a non-violent way but at the same time she knows how the real world is, so she won't tolerate anyone or anything that tries to short-change her, intimidate her or even talk back to her, friend or foe, cremate or not. And she'll go to any lengths to get the job done and respects the will of those she recruits, even if she has to let innocent people die, even if it means to help a friend commit a crime.

It's a cruel harsh world, and even though she wants to make it a better Galaxy she knows she can't just be a good person all the time.

She's sacrificed Kaidan, she let Garrus have his revenge without talking him out of it, she helped Zaeed without arguing, she shot Grunt when she was threatened, she told Ash to take her head out of her ass, she told Jack she felt no pity for her, and that she was a psycho kid for better or worse. And she left Jacob's dad to rot. She told Mordin was an hypocrite who could still change and told him to hold on to the data.

She sees Liara and Tali as her little sisters, and her crew as family, and she'll do whatever it takes to make them safe, but she won't take a no for an answer, and when it's time to step up, everyone better do it.

In combat she's a high risk taker with a hot-headed approach to combat and a kick for both sniping and meleeing anything she sees.

(by the end of ME2 she was 100% neutral with high points on both)

ShepMcDaddyPants (for that is his name) grew up on Earth, doesn't like talking about what happened on Akuze or Virmire, and has an irrational fear of those Geth that leap all over the place at ridiculous speeds. Also Husks - he bloody HATES those things.
He always tries to see the best in people, will always try to give them a second chance, and is fair, kind and honest. Most of the time.
After spending most of the journey to Ilos in Ashley's company (iykyim!!) the two continued a loving relationship discreetly onboard the Normandy. After the original Normandy was destroyed, Ash took the news of Shep's death pretty hard, and was none too impressed by his none-too-serious, or indeed tactful take on the situation when they were re-united on Horizon two and a bit years later. Shep is ever hopeful that she will forgive him, (especially since she said she still loves him,) if and when they meet again. (Which they bloody well better had do, hear me Bioware?!!)
He didn't shed any tears over the Council being killed when Sovereign attacked the Citadel, and installed Anderson as chairman of the new council. He's currently thinking that that may have been a mistake, however, due to Anderson seeming to be a bit of a wet blanket at present.

Currently, Shep is trying to build a new team, and gain their trust on board the Normandy mk2, whilst simultaneously playing referee between the helmsman and the ships AI, although he does miss working with the original crew, especially Ashley, and remains highly skeptical of Cerberus and the Illusive Man and their true motives. He's decided not to keep fish, since he'd probably forget to feed them, and dead fish is not an aroma he wants in his bedroom, thank you very much!

My first Shepard (and thus my "main" Shepard) is basically this guy in space:

He grew up as an orphan on the mean streets of one of Earths mega-cities, joined the military out of desperation and became a hero (starting to sound familiar?). His rage is known to be terrible when roused, yet he's still a good guy at heart. He went with Liara first, but when she had seemingly abandoned him in ME2, he realised his true path and went with Tali.

However, he's a bit of a human supremacist, letting the council die and giving his support to Terra Firma (thats admittedly a deviation on what space Sharpe would have done in those situations).

Fiona Shepard.
is the ultimate symbol of humanity.
She is charismatic , strong and unstoppable.

she believes in upholding all things good and right and will never sacrifice a innocent to obtain her goals.
but nothing will stop her when she has a mission to do.

she is a soldier of the highest renown . all things wither and die before the torrent of fire from her assault riffle and run in fear of her sniping abilities.

she is loyal and inlove with liara. and plans to have many blue children with her.

first Shep for Mass Effect 3...
Amanda (sounds like Commander) Shepard, Paragon, Earth Born, Hero.
No love interest in ME1 (she's straight and Kadian's not her type), but flirted from the get go with Garrus in ME2. See's herself as her teams big sister, always there for them and willing to do anything to help.
Thinks Cerberus is bang out of order and looking forward to confronting the Illusive Man. Can't wait to be back with the Alliance, though is looking forward to a holiday after all this is over.
Slaps reporters and annoying fans in her spare time, forgets to feed her fish and drinks far too much.

C F:
To the Alliance military I was born and raised.
On a spaceship is where I spent most of my days.
Chillin' out, relaxin', being all cool.
Shotgun and biotics to enforce the rule.

Then one day Geth came to Eden Prime.
Led by Saren and Sovereign; a race against time
Sucked me in, and to action I was spurred.
And that's how I became Spectre Shepard.

Now Spectres are used to bending the rules;
Twisting the authorities and using people as tools.
But I'm not going to let my morals be slurred;
I'm the fair and true Paragon: Commander Shepard!

A Quarian at my side and the Council at my back;
Joker and EDI flying in for the attack.
We're going to make our voice of resistance be heard,
That the Harbinger of Destiny is, in fact, Shepard!

...Also, my first name is "C F" (with quotation marks on file, as if it's a nickname), Sole Survivor (determined not to let it bug me), and I'm a red-head with perma-stubble and no scars. Wish I could provide a screenshot, but I'm also on the 360.

You sir, have just won the internet. Congradulations.

My Shepard is going through a change in ME3, his name is Jake, I'm not totally fond of how I've played him up until now. He has black hair, green eyes and great bone structure, appearance-wise he essentially looks like a model, which I hate now, it makes him come off as sort of douchey, I want him to look a bit more grizzled, not like he should be modeling underwear. Originally I wanted to make him look more like me but found the facial options much too lacking (for instance the facial hair options suck! I want a better beard).

He is mostly a goody-little-two-shoes type of guy, I started to get away from that in ME2, sometimes he is a renegade but he always makes the call that he thinks is right, he is trying to save as many people as he can, even if that means breaking the rules sometimes, classic protagonist. Definitely a paragon.

He tries to do everything and has seen every mission and every relationship through to its conclusion (which could become a problem in ME3 lol). He was a Colonist (I think), and a Sole Survivor, which I really try to make a point of (think Hicks after Aliens before they ruined him and killed him in the Alien 3). He has saved every squad member expect Kaidan Alenko who's death still weighs heavily on him. He has no relationship going into ME3 despite being with most of the women he's had the chance to be with and I'm really not sure who he'll end up with, if anyone, I might just choose to have him go out solo.

He's been a soldier but I'm considering changing that if allowed (which I think the game will) but I might leave it, not totally decided.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked