Poll: Poll: What is better, Halo, CoD or Battlefield?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Just wondering what the community thinks of these three games. Which in your eyes is better and why do you think it is the better game?

For me its BF3 all the way, I love me some explodey scenery.

Only one of these three games has jetpacks in it.

Killzone 3 > Your options.

Kahunaburger:

Made me lol and agree.

I like the one with a dedicated Grifball matchmaking server. Because sometimes you just need to set aside the marksmanship and embrace a no-holds-barred beatdown with gravitic weaponry and an explosive ball.

Plus it has the Forge World. You can make some pretty crazy stuff on that map.

Kahunaburger:

All right, that's it, we have a winner folks. I laughed.

Also, as an extra boost of pedantry, when there are more 3+ options, the correct word to use is "best".

oh yes, I went there :P

Kahunaburger:

And only one of these three games has a MOAB in it

Of the two games I can actually play on PC, one has incredibly annoying shallow multiplayer, and the other is BF3. BF3 all they way, BUT BF2142 was better.

Can I vote for none of the above?

Halo 2 > CoD4 > Battlefield 2 > every other game in all 3 series by a huge margin.

MetallicaRulez0:

Halo 2 > CoD4 > Battlefield 2 > every other game in all 3 series by a huge margin.

Halo:CE >>>>>>>>>>>> Used urinary cakes >>> Halo 2

How dare you place that buggy, aim assist engine with gameplay attached piece of shit ahead of CE...

Neither game is inherently better. Each achieves it's set gameplay goals proficiently.

Skin:

MetallicaRulez0:

How dare you place that buggy, aim assist engine with gameplay attached piece of shit ahead of CE...

Halo 2 was a better multiplayer game than CE. If CE had Xbox Live support, it would be slightly better, but not by much.

Not sure what you mean by aim assist engine. There were sniper glitches that good players could take advantage of for increased accuracy, but it's not like the game aimed for you anymore than any other console shooter does.

I like Halo the most, I think. It gave you more health and a close promixy motion radar. More chance to defend yourself when you get spotted first, and I always hate it when people come from behind without me ever being able to know.

And it has Co-op campaign. All three games' campaigns sucked, but Halo at least gave the option of messing around with each other during missions.

MetallicaRulez0:

Skin:

MetallicaRulez0:

Halo 2 was a better multiplayer game than CE. If CE had Xbox Live support, it would be slightly better, but not by much.

Not sure what you mean by aim assist engine. There were sniper glitches that good players could take advantage of for increased accuracy, but it's not like the game aimed for you anymore than any other console shooter does.

If CE had Live support, Halo 2 would hands down be the worst Halo game in the series and no one would ever, ever argue that. CE had far better balance with weapons and it also had less retarded exploits that were of detriment to fun. The one thing I would give Halo 2 over CE, is that the maps were more interesting and varied (some CE maps are so god damn generic, Halo 2 maps were all quite special).

As for aim assist - do you really not know? I am sure you can still find videos out there comparing CE aim assist with Halo 2, and Halo 2 verges into the territory of retarded when it comes to this. And the sniper rifle was probably one of the most broken pieces of shit ever, since nerds would team kill just so they can shoot anywhere twice and get the kill thanks to magic bullets.

You certainly can make points of Halo 2 vs 3 and Reach, but CE was the epitome of balanced multiplayer, and is something we will not see again for a long time.

Did you ever get the chance to play system link?

I picked Modern Warfare 3 because it's the only one out of the three I've played, but assuming the other two are like the others in their respective series it would probably even across the board for me.

The one that is currently being used to make Red vs Blue...

Kahunaburger:

Agreed, I vote Tribes!

Oh wait.

Kahunaburger:

It's pretty hard to argue against this really.
Quite succinct.

the obvious choice is Halo for its innovation, stunning art work, great gameplay, and actual characters written in the story
Battlefield is a good second with a top notch multiplayer aspect that forces team work over personal point systems plus some very good innovations that even halo took note from (ei, battle recorder becoming theater mode)
Call Of Duty.....less said the better.

ZehMadScientist:

All three games' campaigns sucked,

Halo's campaigned....sucked? I know there are differences in opinion...but....HUH!?

Kahunaburger:

Science fact of the day.

Jegsimmons:

ZehMadScientist:

Halo's campaigned....sucked? I know there are differences in opinion...but....HUH!?

Eh, different strokes for different folks.

OT: I personally have never played a Battlefield game, so I can't say. As for Halo vs. Reach, I like the Halo games much better. Modern Warfare 1 was pretty good though.

none. red orchestra all the way.

Halo is in my opinion the most focused on fun rather then competitiveness. Halo Reach is fun but I had a better time playing Halo 3.

Halo because its the only one that uses some imagination. I use games to escape the horrors of this world, the other games seem to embrace it

Kahunaburger:

Will you marry me? You said the exact words I was thinking, I think we have a connection.

Kahunaburger:

This vs thread could've degraded horribly but you automatically win the debate.

Jegsimmons:

ZehMadScientist:

Yeah, well, it wasn't really that deep of a game. You shoot aliens, story sends you to another location and you shoot more aliens. I do admit that there were some fun parts where you an shoot aliens with bigger guns that usual, but it all boils down to the same thing. If anything, Reach's ending was masterfully done.

Really, I played Halo for its multiplayer.

Or maybe I've had enough of them campaigns after completing them all on Legendary...

MW3.

I haven't played a Halo Game, so no idea and BF3 got real old real fast. MW3 too, it just took longer, so this really isn't saying much.

The one You enjoy the most? And better for what ? CoD is more "user friendly", less complex, more instant gratification, easier to start up and get into. BF3 is more of teamwork based with more variety both in terms of maps and combat mechanics, Halo is different from both of those not being realistic-war-shooter.

Instead playing the "best" game, play the one You get the most fun of. Simple as that, and everybody wins.

Razada:
Just wondering what the community thinks of these three games. Which in your eyes is better and why do you think it is the better game?

I don't really consider any of them to be better than each other. They all have their pros and cons and in the end it mainly comes down to preference.

Also, vs threads like this are kind of looked down upon mainly because of how easily they can ignite flame wars. If a flame war does ignite the best thing to do is message a moderator and ask them to lock the thread.

I've only actually played MW3, but I've played BFBC2 and Halo 3 so I have a rough idea of what the new ones would be like.

I generally think none are better than the other, they're all different enough from each other, and each have their own merits. But I can't call a winner.

MW3 has a nice selection of weapons and I really like the loadout system, but then it's practically ruined by glitches and bad spawning.
BF3 has all the nice physics and vehicles but none of my friends have it so why should I bother.
Halo Reach has awesome visuals, cool weapons but I always find the controls a bit too clunky.

Razada:

BF3? I think you misspelled Team Fortress 2. That's what I play when I want gooey multiplayer violence.

Run around in SPACE with tanks.
Run around a bland Earth.
Run around a bland Earth with tanks.

I think my preference is clear.

Hm. I had an answer all planned out, but then you went and made it a choice between the new ones.

I still say Battlefield: Vietnam.

OH, you mean those games specifically and not the franchises.... well, crap. It's like picking which insect you want to bite you in the eye.

I want to say COD because I love the killing sprees, but I hate everything else about it, especially god-mode, I mean, err, server.

I want to say Halo because it actually uses the color spectrum, has fun weapons and fun maps, but the lag in this game is even worse then in CoD.

I want to then say BF is the best, because it doesn't have the crazy lag of the last two and it's a very functional game! But a functional game is all it is. BF lacks everything else that makes the other two games awesome, and I consider BF3 a downgrade even from Bad Company 2. BC2 had more fun things you could do in multiplayer, and the maps were prettier/more interesting then in BF3.

Current FPS's are a no win situation. I think I am going to go play some Bad Company 2 now that I think about it.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked