ME3 - DLC MADNESS!!!!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Yes, its another thread about ME3 and its DLC. I just wanted to share something with you.

How much do you think it would cost you to get ALL the ME3 DLC available on launch? (On launch. Not even accounting for the inevitable 10 pieces of DLC that will be released over the next months.)

Go on, take a guess. Taken one? Alright.

I wont bother sharing my opinion on this, you can guess what it is by now. But I would love to hear what you guys think of this.

(The word entitled will be posted in this thread more than 100 times, I just know it.)

You do realize those action figures basically only give Veteran Packs in multiplayer for buying them right?
That that collector's rifle you get from Razor is for multiplayer only and you can get for $25 (with the iPod cover) and that that website added all of the Razor hardware together to help get that number. So if you added in a keyboard, a mouse, a wireless headset, an iPhone cover, a messenger bag, a mouse pad, and a Controller (which all give the exact same rifle) you will end up reaching that massive number.

There is only 1 piece of Single Player DLC for Mass Effect 3, and that is the "From Ashes" DLC that only costs $10.

It must, however, be pointed out that much of that horror-price stems from having to buy bonus code-sporting hardware such as special gamepads, keyboards and headsets, or Mass Effect 3 merch such as multiple action figures and iPhone cases.

Yeah, third paragraph in and it makes sense. check this link for a complete breakdown of what they're on about. They added the Collector's edition, plus a bunch of gaming mice/mouse pads, and even a keyboard. Most expensive item is $209 for a Chimera 5.1 Surround headset.

And that's not to mention that more than half of it is for the same item, with recurring purchases only adding an upgrade to that rifle.

In short, quit panicking, this is nothing unusual and just sensationalism at it's finest, which is why you should -always- do your own research.

And this is petty, but it should be noted that they are $10 off, the N7 Collector's Edition comes with From Dust for free so they've added $10 on the price, petty, but apparently

Chris Carter has been doing a bit of maths, which immediately makes him a more capable human being than I am.

isn't deserved praise.

Rock Paper Shotgun, I am dissapoint.

I think I'll have a perfectly good time with the game I pay only $60 for because I realize all that extra stuff is *gasp* just extra stuff and I don't somehow need it to complete or enjoy the game.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Yes, its another thread about ME3 and its DLC. I just wanted to share something with you.

How much do you think it would cost you to get ALL the ME3 DLC available on launch? (On launch. Not even accounting for the inevitable 10 pieces of DLC that will be released over the next months.)

I wont bother sharing my opinion on this, you can guess what it is by now. But I would love to hear what you guys think of this.

(The word entitled will be posted in this thread more than 100 times, I just know it.)

The Fem Sheps butt Window laced Panties better not be fucking DLC or I will be pissed off while I pay to have it . . . . . . . >.>

Wait, what's that? It's the sound of me not giving a shit! GASP.
I think I'll do the sensible thing and not fucking buy the DLC and stop talking about it.

boag:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

The Fem Sheps butt Window laced Panties better not be fucking DLC or I will be pissed off while I pay to have it . . . . . . . >.>

I think I would pay for that for real. No joke.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

boag:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

I think I would pay for that for real. No joke.

they are real, also manshep goes around shirtless with super tight briefsboxers thingies..

I just don't care anymore. I loved the first two ME's but I could care less about ME3. Maybe it's all the marketing around ME3 or maybe it's the fact that I don't have a 360 anymore (therefore I don't have my save files). But I just couldn't care less for ME3.

Where's Zeel when you need him.

He'd flip his shit over this :D

OT: I'm finding it hard to care about this stuff now.

In fact, I have a picture for just such an occasion.

If Garrus get's a cape. Then we'll talk.

tendaji:
You do realize those action figures basically only give Veteran Packs in multiplayer for buying them right?
That that collector's rifle you get from Razor is for multiplayer only and you can get for $25 (with the iPod cover) and that that website added all of the Razor hardware together to help get that number. So if you added in a keyboard, a mouse, a wireless headset, an iPhone cover, a messenger bag, a mouse pad, and a Controller (which all give the exact same rifle) you will end up reaching that massive number.

There is only 1 piece of Single Player DLC for Mass Effect 3, and that is the "From Ashes" DLC that only costs $10.

Quoting you so others can see this. This is actually pretty important.

Most of the DLC, with the exception of From Ashes, are not necessary at all, they're entirely tangential. As for From Ashes, from my understanding, doesn't add anything to the story, it simply takes a preexisting character and make him a squadmate.

Daystar Clarion:

Zeel was suspended. Again.

OT: Isn't most of the dlc from the figures and whatnot 360-exclusive?

Really? Nobody's made a 300 joke yet?

Madness? THIS... IS... a capitalist system, so you can expect publishers like EA to try and increase their profits. Quit crying about it.

crono738:

Daystar Clarion:

I'm aware of that. That's why I didn't put 'inb4 Zeel'.

Shame. The possibilities for hilarity would be infinite.

I'm already expecting that I'll spend upwards of $100 on ME3. I believe the cost of all the DLC for ME2 was around $40 and considering that you could buy all the DLC for $12 in ME1 I'm sure there will be more DLC to come. But I'm also okay with that. Mass Effect is one of the few games (not to mention series) that I think is worth the extra buck. EA isn't gaining any brownie points for it but at least Bioware is making the DLC not EA.

Long story short I'm getting From Ashes and any other ME3 DLC and I intend to and probably will enjoy them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Off the top of my head I can name quite a few games/series that I like but I wouldn't spend as much money for DLC as I would for Mass Effect:

Dragon Age
Assassin's Creed
Halo (or any multiplayer based FPS)
Bioshock
Fable
etc. the list goes on

The only series I can imagine spending the extra money on is Elder Scrolls and Fallout. That's it. Other games will get the $60 it cost to buy them brand new and most don't get even that.

Serisouly, no rage for Fem Shep having butt window lace panties?

i swear the thread about whats her face had like 12 pages, I would post a picture, but it is pretty risque.

Do I really have to repeat myself and say that the veteran packs that come with the action figures and whatnot are just meant to spice that particular purchase up just a little bit and the point of those purchases is that you want the figures and not the DLC? Also 95% of those things can be acquired in multiplayer with a little bit of patience. Like someone said, the only DLC that isn't completely cosmetic is From Ashes, which is only 10$, and the collector assault rifle, and I'm not losing sleep over a single stupid rifle.

Daystar Clarion:

crono738:

Daystar Clarion:

That it would. Look on the bright side, when he comes back after ME3 launches, he'll have a whole new raft of shit to complain about.

boag:

i swear the thread about whats her face had like 12 pages, I would post a picture, but it is pretty risque.

You mean that's a real thing?

Would probably be the best selling DLC they make :D

Holy shit, the fifty-five thousandth ME3 DLC thread today!
This is seriously worse than Skyrim, and should really start being investigated by the mods for post whoring.

Okay, so all of the extra stuff is for multiplayer and the one that matters is 10 dollars and I am pretty sure you get it for buying the Collectors Edition. I don't really see the point in complaining.

I'll happily play the game and not spend any money on DLC, and people who want DLC can happily spend their money on it, and all will be good in the world.

crono738:

Really? I mean, he deserved it, but still, it was good to have him after Eternal Nothingness dropped out.

Wasn't the point of DLC to PREVENT piracy not encourage it?

As for the article, will getting all the Razor gear really just repeatedly upgrade one assault rifle? It better be one uber-powerful weapon for that much cash.

Nope.
You see, I went to the link that they provided at said site, something you must have overlooked and grabbed the sensationalist title to heart.

$44.99 for the Liara figurine - which oddly enough now comes with multiplayer unlock DLC
$24.99 for The Art of Mass Effect Universe - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
$80 for four Mass Effect 3 toys - "Slightly randomized" multiplayer unlock DLC
$59.99 for the Mass Effect 3 controller - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
$209.99 for the Chimera 5.1 Headset - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
$34.99 for the Mousepad - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
$79.99 for the Messenger Bag - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
$24.99 for the iPhone case - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
$79.99 for the Mouse - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
$139.99 for the Keyboard - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup

Seems to me that taking out all the stuff I don't need to play the game to it's fullest I save myself a whopping
Seven hundred seventy nine dollars and ninety one cents.
Pre-tax of course.

Wow, I had no idea that I could be such a penny pincher, I'm cutting out eighty nine point six percent of the total cost posted.

Edit: Current post count for "Entitled" (accounting for mine and times quoted too, for generosity's sake): 9
Solid prediction.

Phlakes:

I'll happily play the game and not spend any money on DLC, and people who want DLC can happily spend their money on it, and all will be good in the world.

crono738:

Really? I mean, he deserved it, but still, it was good to have him after Eternal Nothingness dropped out.

I don't know, he was too good of a troll for my liking. I actually started getting kinda mad.

It's all just usless promotional stuff, you're not supposed to get them all. You'll get the full experience with or without them, it won't make any difference. Just pick the DLC which gives you the gun or armor you like.

I liked the part where you didn't include the breakdown of that actual price. (Thank you, previous poster.)

Y'know, because anyone who saw it would realise that the quoted figure is ten kinds of bullshit.

How many Bioware threads are we up to now?

hazabaza1:
Wait, what's that? It's the sound of me not giving a shit! GASP.
I think I'll do the sensible thing and not fucking buy the DLC and stop talking about it.

Thank you for maintaining some sanity in this metaphorical pit of rabid dogs.

Seriously the way some people are going on about this you would think Megaman Legends 3 was cancelled again.

Daystar Clarion:

Is Zeel just becoming the new EternalNothingness now?

Anyway im not too fussed about this, the DLC is just an incentive for people to buy those products, not the other way around. That said if buying a mouse pad or some shit guaranteed me a Krogan for the online then I might consider it.

Daystar Clarion:

Considering the game comes out before his suspension is up, I'm not sure Zeel is coming back. Seems like it would steal his thunder. I wonder who the next official forum crazy guy will be. EternalNothingness was definitely the best of the best, but at least he (?) went down in a blaze of glory. Still hoping he comes back for a grand finale. Hopefully the next guy will hit that right mark of dogmatic yet skewed logic.

If nobody claims the position within a month, I've got dibs.

boag:

can you post the link or pm me? >:D

Oro44:
How many Bioware threads are we up to now?

We're nearing the Skyrim threshold. You'll recognize it when people start making Mass Effect threads complaining about the number of Mass Effect threads.

Eh. The vast majority of that cost comes from those themed keyboards and headsets, which hardly anyone buy.

So....yeah, this thread is misleading and silly.

Also, this Zeel fellow sounds fascinating. Excuse me while I go find whichever one of the over 9000 Bioware threads he was on.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked