ME3 - DLC MADNESS!!!!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Wow, so one DLC being repeated 7 DAMN TIMES tied into Special Edition hardware might fucking add up?

I'll take I don't care at all for $500 Alex!

Don't want it? Don't buy it. Ashes to ashes is the only thing worth buying and its $10. Don't want to spend that much? Then shut the hell up you whiny brat.

MPerce:

Also, this Zeel fellow sounds fascinating. Excuse me while I go find whichever one of the over 9000 Bioware threads he was on.

All of them. At the same time. Guy probably has multiple keyboards.

$870 dollars? Really? Because I'm pretty sure unless you're a costume or weapon skin whore or, by extension, a lover of Razer's products (which are ridiculously overpriced, Hail Steelseries!) then I think the only number yo really need to pay is ziltch. Yes numero zero in the dollar department. Heck, if you can't stand for the DLC then pay -$60 and don't bother getting the game. It really doesn't matter. The game does not require DLC to be played. And even then the only DLC you may want is the From Ashes ones. If you want the extra stuff then by all means go ahead. Personally, Amazon will be getting my order for the game soon and I have plenty enough points on live to pay for From Ashes. So yea. ME3, Whoo.

PS. STOP THE REPEAT THREADS!

Oro44:
How many Bioware threads are we up to now?

Captcha: berinful orikilln
the first word looks like someone tried to erase it.

Lets do a breakdown of the items shall we?

-$24.99 for The Art of Mass Effect Universe - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
-$80 for four Mass Effect 3 toys - "Slightly randomized" multiplayer unlock DLC
-$59.99 for the Mass Effect 3 controller - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
-$209.99 for the Chimera 5.1 Headset - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
-$34.99 for the Mousepad - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
-$79.99 for the Messenger Bag - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
-$24.99 for the iPhone case - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
-$79.99 for the Mouse - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
-$139.99 for the Keyboard - Collector Assault Rifle unlock DLC/Powerup
Total=734.92 ALL FOR THE EXACT SAME ITEM AND MULTIPLAYER POINTS YOU CAN GET IN THE GAME ANYWAYS.

$44.99 for the Liara figurine - which oddly enough now comes with multiplayer unlock DLC
Total=44.99 for muliplayer unlocks that CAN BE OBTAINED ANYWAYS BY PLAYING THE MP

Reckoner Knight Armor - Play the Kingdoms of Alamur demo
Chakram Launcher - Play the Kingdoms of Alamur demo
Total=$0.00, items obtainable from a FREE demo

Unannounced price for the iOS game Mass Effect Infiltrator, which can affect the main game.
Total=Unknown, however the game provides war assets, THAT YOU CAN MAX OUT IN THE MAIN GAME ANYWAYS.

Robotic Dog - N7 Edition bonus
Squad Outfit pack - N7 Edition bonus
N7 Weapons pack - N7 Edition bonus
N7 Hoodie - N7 Edition bonus
day one "From Dust" DLC
Total=$80 dollars all of it comes from the N& collectors edition, or the Digital Delux edition.

Total price for content=$80 dollars as EVERYTHING ELSE CAN BE OBTAINED IN-GAME ANWAYS.

How is this a problem again?

Pretty much anything relating to DLC now seems to be defended by an automatic blanket statement of "EA/Bioware/whatever has a business to run and this is a capitalist economy, so they're justified in doing anything they can to increase profits."

The moment this forum starts defending DRM the same way, I'll know they've really lost their minds.

and nobody forcing you to buy all that launch DLC, it's just the extra for fans. Game is complete without any DLC.

boag:
Serisouly, no rage for Fem Shep having butt window lace panties?

i swear the thread about whats her face had like 12 pages, I would post a picture, but it is pretty risque.

What? This is the first time I have heard about this. I am honestly not sure if you are joking or not.

On Topic: I might purchase a few of the collectible figurines. I think they look pretty darn cool. The three I want the most are Thane, Garrus, and Grunt.

Ah well, Gotham City Impostors theoretically costs over $200 (with an open ended price due to some DLC being only temporary bonuses) and as mentioned in the article that actually did the math, Railworks 3 is going straight for the $2000 mark.

Most people won't, and shouldn't care.

I preordered the Collectors Edition for $108 (Thanks, typical 1:1 US to Europe exchange rate!) and i mostly did it for the feelies, because experience taught me that most Preorder/Day 1 DLC ends up being "a bit of filler" at best
(Like "Tong's Rescue" as included with the special editions of Deus Ex Human Revolution. Sounds VERY important due to featuring the only apperance of Tracer Tong, one of the central characters of DX 1 and 2, ends up being a mission that i finished in under 15 minutes due to my skillset and ended up one of the most boring missions of the game)

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm not contributing a whole lot to the discusstion but I think the below needs reiterating.

hazabaza1:

I think I'll do the sensible thing and not fucking buy the DLC and stop talking about it.

The DLC situation is stupid yes. So don't buy it, don't draw attention to it and move on.

Daystar Clarion:
If Garrus get's a cape. Then we'll talk.

Considering he got half his face blown off already, that comment about a cape just made me visualise him with the big cape and Phantom of the Opera mask.
Now that is a reskin I would probably pay for.

OT: Meh, already don't care about ME3 so I think I am about at my maximum amount of "It can go fuck itself in its stupid fucking ass."
However the fact that they are listing the codes as giving multiplayer weapon powerups is a little more annoying than usual. Selling power is just all round a horrible fucking idea. But then EA is kinda known for its horrible fucking ideas.

boag:
I would post a picture, but it is pretty risque.

And yeah. People are weird. I mean why would anyone rage over sexy butt in games?

Holy canoli, I feel like Mass Effect threads are starting to exceed the POST-Skyrim threads. When this game comes out... It's gonna be insane.

DLC Madness? I'm actually just going to enjoy my well-spent $80 purchase. The game isn't incomplete without all the extra bells and whistles. It's all just EXTRA.

So basically, I don't care, nor do most of us from what I'm reading. Everyone else have fun being angry at nothing.

boag:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

boag:

The Fem Sheps butt Window laced Panties better not be fucking DLC or I will be pissed off while I pay to have it . . . . . . . >.>

I think I would pay for that for real. No joke.

they are real, also manshep goes around shirtless with super tight briefsboxers thingies..

Oh dear, the fact ME3 has homosexual romance options has turned me gay and now I cant stop thinking about it o.o
Actually, thats a different topic for a different time.

The Pinray:
Holy canoli, I feel like Mass Effect threads are starting to exceed the POST-Skyrim threads. When this game comes out... It's gonna be insane.

DLC Madness? I'm actually just going to enjoy my well-spent $80 purchase. The game isn't incomplete without all the extra bells and whistles. It's all just EXTRA.

So basically, I don't care, nor do most of us from what I'm reading. Everyone else have fun being angry at nothing.

I'm wth you, there is literally no reason to get annoyed, this release is just like any other collectors uber mega doobly doo editon.
Lets be honest, the majority of people complaining are going to buy it anyway, they're raging for one of three reasons:
1)The joy of being on the bandwagon.
2)Someone said 'prothean squadmate' followed by 'DLC' therefore it must be 'esential content' and bioware are ripping us off.
3)Someone said 'femshep' followed by 'window laced panties'.
Not to mention 'Homosexual romance options'. That was something FOX news is going to have a lot of fun with.

Yep, it's a fucking travesty.

The worst thing about this is seeing all the drones droning on and defending this obvious cashgrab.

"OH BIOWARE, U SO FINE, PLEASE LET ME PAY MOAR FOR UR PRODUCTS, I want you to cut more content from your game and spread it on more marketable products, I want Mass Effect fizz drinks and Mass Effect chips, Mass Effect bedwear and Mass Effect toilet paper and I want more DLC with all of that!
OH PLEASE BIOWARE, PLEASE! Assume direct control of my bank account so you can take whatever you want!"

boag:
Serisouly, no rage for Fem Shep having butt window lace panties?

i swear the thread about whats her face had like 12 pages, I would post a picture, but it is pretty risque.

Are you people actually being serious?

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
Yes, its another thread about ME3 and its DLC. I just wanted to share something with you.

How much do you think it would cost you to get ALL the ME3 DLC available on launch? (On launch. Not even accounting for the inevitable 10 pieces of DLC that will be released over the next months.)

Go on, take a guess. Taken one? Alright.

I wont bother sharing my opinion on this, you can guess what it is by now. But I would love to hear what you guys think of this.

(The word entitled will be posted in this thread more than 100 times, I just know it.)

Maybe this is just me being old, but I don't understand why a company giving you something for free if you buy their products is a bad thing.

When I was a kid, if I wanted to purchase say a piece of clothing with my favorite game emblem emblazoned on it, I didn't get a freaking code. If I bought a Legend of Zelda backpack, I didn't get a code giving me new Armor for Epona or a New Outfit for Link. I just got a backpack.

defskyoen:
Yep, it's a fucking travesty.

The worst thing about this is seeing all the drones droning on and defending this obvious cashgrab.

"OH BIOWARE, U SO FINE, PLEASE LET ME PAY MOAR FOR UR PRODUCTS, I want you to cut more content from your game and spread it on more marketable products, I want Mass Effect fizz drinks and Mass Effect chips, Mass Effect bedwear and Mass Effect toilet paper and I want more DLC with all of that!
OH PLEASE BIOWARE, PLEASE! Assume direct control of my bank account so you can take whatever you want!"

You must have gone the same way as the OP and not read the price breakdowns.
It's been posted twice, you really should take a look at it.

Radoh:

I'm sorry to disturb you, I'll let you get back to waiting for the OPTIONAL11!!! "Tali's Face" DLC you've been waiting to spend all your money on.

defskyoen:

Radoh:

I'm sorry to disturb you, I'll let you get back to waiting for the OPTIONAL11!!! "Tali's Face" DLC you've been waiting to spend all your money on.

Ah, mass guessing, completely exaggerating, and using 1s and Caps lock to mock the other guy, standard tactics to make a weak argument seem strong. Since 95% of this stuff can be unlocked in multiplayer by...PLAYING it...yes it IS optional!

Hal10k:
We're nearing the Skyrim threshold. You'll recognize it when people start making Mass Effect threads complaining about the number of Mass Effect threads.

I'm pretty sure we have those already.

Oro44:
How many Bioware threads are we up to now?

According to the title of this one - 300.

*Badum tishh*

OT: Well, it's pretty clear that sum is completely blown out of proportions, so I don't understand what the discussion is about. Even the term "DLC" seems to be abused, since you (apparently) can unlock all that content without, well, downloading it. So, if anyone buys any of those, they'll be paying for no new content in their games.

Daystar Clarion:
Where's Zeel when you need him.

He'd flip his shit over this :D

I think he got suspended for exactly that....

OT:

Note to self... Do NOT buy anything from EA again!!

Okay, supposing I had $870 to spend on Mass Effect 3.
Since most of the stuff on the list will just net you the Collector Assault Rifle over and over, and since I'm sure you can only download that piece of DLC once (and since the N7 edition was already listed, making the $10 From Ashes listing redundant), the amount of wasted money with NO additional content adds up to... $639.93.

Meaning I can just buy $230 worth of stuff to get all of the (might I say rather frivolous) in-game bonuses.

> Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition ($80)

> The Liara figurine ($45; I'm not even sure what it comes with)

> The Art of Mass Effect Universe (for the Collector Assault Rifle; $25)

And...
"$80 for four Mass Effect 3 toys - 'Slightly randomized' multiplayer unlock DLC"
I don't even know what that means. Not sure about you, but I think I can scrap pretty much everything but the game itself.

So, for $230 Dollars, I walk away with the N7 Edition and all it entitles, all the DLC, an animesque Liara statuette, The Art of the Mass Effect Universe, and some action figures. Not sure about you, but I'd rather cut it down to the $60 dollar basic game and maybe the $10 From Ashes DLC. Everything else is rather droll and pointless fluff that any real gamer can go without.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
$870. I wish I was kidding.

Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/27/all-the-mass-effect-3-dlc-costs-how-much/

Good news! You are kidding! All you really need is either $70 for the basic game and the From Ashes DLC, or $80 for the N7 edition if you're feeling fancy.

C F:
All you really need is either $70 for the basic game and the From Ashes DLC, or $80 for the N7 edition if you're feeling fancy.

You're right on the money. I have actually cancelled my Collector's Edition pre-order and re-ordered the standard edition ME3. Why? I only ever went for the N7 edition for the bonus character and mission. Now I know they'll be avaiable as day 1 DLC I'd rather just pay the 8 (I'm in the UK) for that plus the 40 for the game, and be damn near 20 better off. I am now going to use that 20 to finance my ridiculous Mass Effect weekend, for which I took 2 days of holiday from work (Friday & Monday 9 & 13 March).

HURR BUT ITS ONLY AN ASSAULT RIFLE AND DURRR

Yes, NO SHIT PEOPLE, the article I linked says as much. Jesus Christ.

C F:

Meaning I can just buy $230 worth of stuff to get all of the (might I say rather frivolous) in-game bonuses.

> Mass Effect 3 N7 Collector's Edition ($80)

> The Liara figurine ($45; I'm not even sure what it comes with)

> The Art of Mass Effect Universe (for the Collector Assault Rifle; $25)

So, for $230 Dollars, I walk away with the N7 Edition and all it entitles, all the DLC, an animesque Liara statuette, The Art of the Mass Effect Universe, and some action figures. Not sure about you, but I'd rather cut it down to the $60 dollar basic game and maybe the $10 From Ashes DLC. Everything else is rather droll and pointless fluff that any real gamer can go without.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
$870. I wish I was kidding.

Source: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/02/27/all-the-mass-effect-3-dlc-costs-how-much/

Good news! You are kidding! All you really need is either $70 for the basic game and the From Ashes DLC, or $80 for the N7 edition if you're feeling fancy.

Don't get the Art book unless you like the art. There was a misunderstanding about the DLC and people reported that it would be released with the book, but it really wasn't. I got my copy last week and didn't get a code for the rifle with it.

tendaji:
You do realize those action figures basically only give Veteran Packs in multiplayer for buying them right?
That that collector's rifle you get from Razor is for multiplayer only and you can get for $25 (with the iPod cover) and that that website added all of the Razor hardware together to help get that number. So if you added in a keyboard, a mouse, a wireless headset, an iPhone cover, a messenger bag, a mouse pad, and a Controller (which all give the exact same rifle) you will end up reaching that massive number.

There is only 1 piece of Single Player DLC for Mass Effect 3, and that is the "From Ashes" DLC that only costs $10.

well in order to fully power up the rifle you need all the things :P

I wonder how OP it will be.

Darkmantle:

tendaji:
You do realize those action figures basically only give Veteran Packs in multiplayer for buying them right?
That that collector's rifle you get from Razor is for multiplayer only and you can get for $25 (with the iPod cover) and that that website added all of the Razor hardware together to help get that number. So if you added in a keyboard, a mouse, a wireless headset, an iPhone cover, a messenger bag, a mouse pad, and a Controller (which all give the exact same rifle) you will end up reaching that massive number.

There is only 1 piece of Single Player DLC for Mass Effect 3, and that is the "From Ashes" DLC that only costs $10.

We don't know if that is the only way so far, yes you can upgrade by buying all of it. But there has been no confirmation on if you can find the weapon in the Veteran packs after you unlock the content. I'm still waiting on Bioware for a response from that.

tendaji:

Darkmantle:

tendaji:

We don't know if that is the only way so far, yes you can upgrade by buying all of it. But there has been no confirmation on if you can find the weapon in the Veteran packs after you unlock the content. I'm still waiting on Bioware for a response from that.

that's the crux of the argument then, will it be obtainable in game? only time will tell.

Darkmantle:

tendaji:

Darkmantle:

that's the crux of the argument then, will it be obtainable in game? only time will tell.

Also if you can only get it through the Razor items, just buy 10 iPhone cases! That'll get you the full upgrade without having to pay more than $250!!

I don't know, he was too good of a troll for my liking. I actually started getting kinda mad.

See the thing with Zeel is that he isn't a troll.

He's a delusional psychopath.

One excerpt of his from a thread a few days ago?
"You know less about me than that bitch I drowned in the river".

A snippet from his blog?
"I'd like to douse all you fanboys in oil and set you on fire"...or something along those lines.

Seriously man, check out his blog:
http://xkingxzeel.blogspot.com/2012/02/why-i-cant-take-fanboys-seriously.html

The dude is fucking nuts.

The misinformation in this article is the most problematic business practice I see.

Let me sit down with a calculator and undo this inflammatory nonsense.

First of all the collector's edition includes the From Ashes DLC. I'm 95% sure the author of that article knew this, so take that for what you will.

$655 is the combined total for DLC that appears to unlock the same thing, meaning you'd only need to buy one. They aren't going to have 8 different DLC assault rifles. Not everybody plays Soldier.

The $125 for the merchandise that has the "slightly randomized mp unlock" sounds awfully a lot like you'd get a random race/class combination unlocked for 'free' with the code. Meaning it can be done in game at 0 monetary cost.

The iOS app was reported to somehow affect 'Galactic War Readiness" which can be maxed out in game, so while it should have its own experience it's not needed to truly affect your ME3 game.

So... if the 'Collector Assault Rifle' turns out to be the same one from the preorder bonus you'd need to spend, gasp, wait for it!!

EIGHTY DOLLARS.

Oh and be 'forced' to play Kingdoms of Amalur's demo (very fun game by the way), oh the humanity.

If the Collector Assault Rifle is a different gun, and if you simply had to have that ONE gun your grand total would be $105 at the cheapest. But if you're buying that merchandise for just the DLC gun you've either got enough money to not care or need to reexamine your priorities. Missing out on one gun is not game changing enough for me to worry about, sorry. Especially since most classes don't even use assault rifles.

If you didn't get the collector's edition, it'll cost $70 for content with story.
If 'From Ashes' is worth the 10 bucks remains to be seen.

But let's publish this article for the sake of being inflammatory to drive up page views, since that's the much more ethical practice Kotaku :)

(his is from kotaku...i have no idea how to do the quote thing.)

Edit: Dam someone already beat me to it. o well im leaving this up because of all the CTRL+C and CTRL+V i had to do

defskyoen:

Radoh:

Classy.
I assume what you are trying to go for there is the DLC adverts in-game that they haven't done since DA:O right?
Well here's the thing, no such thing has been discussed. The only currently available DLC is the From Ashes one, so wild speculation on a topic only tangentially related to this one isn't exactly a solid point as previously mentioned.
Troll harder bro, I know you can do better than this.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:
HURR BUT ITS ONLY AN ASSAULT RIFLE AND DURRR

Yes, NO SHIT PEOPLE, the article I linked says as much. Jesus Christ.

Right, let's ignore all points mentioned at this juncture and rail against the posters in your thread for a tertiary complaint against your misleading this thread by ignoring crucial information.
Yes, the article says it's an assault rifle, yet you conveniently left that out of your original post. Why?

Oh crap. I have to buy all that stuff? Damn you, EA!

(Because Bioware is without fault)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked