Kingdom Hearts 3D: FANTASTIC, huge new update!

Pages 1 2 NEXT

...Sigh. I can't believe I'm actually doin' this.

Why? Well, everytime I make a thread about the new Kingdom Hearts game coming out on the 3DS, there's always SOMEBODY who sours up the whole thread due to the fact that he hates the whole "Multi-console" route the series has taken, meaning they don't have the games, meaning they don't understand what's going on, meaning they won't get KH3D. It's zetta starting to cheese me off.

Oh wait! This new update means that you can enjoy KH3D WITHOUT having played every single game in the series! That's right bitches, introducing the "Memoirs" feature!

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/30377-memoirs-feature-in-kingdom-hearts-3d-explained/

In case you're too cool to read the above link, I'll just give you the TL;DR version: Essentially, it gives you the Cliff's Notes on everything that has happened in every other KH game. Ever. In plain English and in chronological order. To tell ya the truth, the OP's avatar image sums up my reaction to this news perfectly.

Oh, and one more thing? There are rumors abound certain key scenes in the series will be playable in this game. No, really. Imagine Day 358 from Days in full 3D. I'm getting a nerdgasm just thinking about it!

Oh, and here's the boxart.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I do believe that Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance will be the 3DS's first outstandingly-good game. If you have called yourself a fan of the series at one point in your life, GET THIS GAME. Even if you don't have a 3DS yet, it'll be totally worth it.

Also, the release date's officially been confirmed... for the PAL region. If you do live in the PAL region, expect the dreams to drop around July 27th, 2012. That's only a few days before my birthday, too!

Okay, that's all for now. This is Everybody's Favourite Nobody, Battleaxx90, signing off. If I find more news about this game, I'll be sure to send it the Escapist's way! Count on it!

And now, I leave you with this one particular screenshot of the new Twilight Town that some of you Squeenix fanboys might find familiar...

The release date is July 27th...HELL YEAH!!! I thought it would be December or something. Its gonna be a kick ass summer!

Well, that's... thoughtful, if nothing else. I'll admit, the overall storyline of Kingdom Hearts IS getting a bit complicated, so it's nice that they're making an attempt to make the game more accessable for newbies.

And that screenshot? Awesome. Glad to see the awesome art style of The World Ends With You is influencing Kingdom Hearts.

I will say that it's WAAAAAY to early to call whether or not this game is AAA material. Can't fault you for being hopeful, though.

I was hoping your news would be that its gonna be released on the regular DS as well so I didnt have to buy a 3DS =S I cant afford it! X(

My body is ready.

Whoa, that's cool!

No shit. As a KH hater, this is awesome. I'm gonna get BBS soon, I know the first three games from to back, and this will ensure I know all I need from 358/2 and Coded. All right! I'll actually give this a try again!

Battleaxx90:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I do believe that Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance will be the 3DS's first outstandingly-good game.

AAAAAAAAAnd that's when I stopped reading.

You forgot about Star Fox which is the greatest game ever made and trounces the Disney advertising vehicle you call a game.

Nah, I'm just kidding, but star fox rocks and is #1.

Great.... Now they have more reasons to not give other regions the final mixes -_-

Sorry to put a negative spin on otherwise good news, but it aggravates me to no end the stuff that is included and then referenced in the damn sequels. Grrr.

Its especially annoying because the other HD re-releases are making money without adding any extra content.

TheSapphireKnight:
Great.... Now they have more reasons to not give other regions the final mixes -_-

Sorry to put a negative spin on otherwise good news, but it aggravates me to no end the stuff that is included and then referenced in the damn sequels. Grrr.

Its especially annoying because the other HD re-releases are making money without adding any extra content.

Are you kidding? By using polygons instead of pixels in Re:CoM, the game only got better. The improved translation, the addition of FMV's, and the fact that we finally found out what weapon Zexion uses aren't exactly bad things either.

And in regards to Re:Coded? If we got the regular version of the game, we'd have to play it on a tiny mobile phone screen with tiny mobile phone buttons. That alone makes Re:Coded better than the original. Also, the final cutscene pretty much sets the table for KH3D.

One more thing; there's rumours goin' round the Internet that the Final Mixes will be released on the PS3 in order to build the hype for KH3. So don't go around taking all this as bad news, 'kay?

Seriously everybody, stop putting negative spins on every friggin' update I post for this game. It's unwanted and unnecessary.

Leemaster777:
Well, that's... thoughtful, if nothing else. I'll admit, the overall storyline of Kingdom Hearts IS getting a bit complicated, so it's nice that they're making an attempt to make the game more accessable for newbies.

Really? Quite frankly, the inclusion of BBS has made the series seem more in tangent with the Star Wars methos than anything else. BBS is like the Star Wars Prequels, while Kingdom Hears 1 and on is like the Original Star Wars trilogy. I'm sure the games were not meant to share such similarities, but it's just something that I've noticed. The series' overall story is rich and complex, exactly what I look forward to a good RPG.

Ooooooh yes. Release date.

This, along with the soon-to-arrive kid Icarus games are the reason I got a 3DS. They all laughed at me, but soon I shall have closure.

sweet,

sweet,

closure.

Holy crap...

Udagawa!!!! <3

Oh, and that plot recap thing is pretty neat too. This is definitely going on my "buy" list.

Yaaay! Now to just get the imaginary 3DS out of the unicorn's arse and I can play it!

This is just the problem with the multi-console route in itself, most people won't get to play every game. I've played KH I, II, 358/2 Days and Birth By Sleep. I could find Chain of Memories originally and when I did play it, it was because a good friend lent it to me.

But the thing is, apart from all this console stuff, I just want KH3 already. That and FF Versus XIII. Please Squeenix. No more holding it off.

Good news! I only played the first one, and was put off by the new one because I thought I was too far behind, but I will now bw glad to jump back on the bandwagon and play this! :D

I was tempted to buy the first one (remake?) on PSP... I just can't get any motivation to play a Disney/Final Fantasy game. It just sounds so silly.

Sober Thal:
I was tempted to buy the first one (remake?) on PSP... I just can't get any motivation to play a Disney/Final Fantasy game. It just sounds so silly.

Believe me, you get used to the silliness after a time.

Also, the KH game on the PSP isn't a remake. It's a prequel. Don't play that one first. Play the original on the PS2 first.

Battleaxx90:

Sober Thal:

Also, the KH game on the PSP isn't a remake. It's a prequel. Don't play that one first. Play the original on the PS2 first.

Wouldn't playing the prequel first, make more sense?

I don't have a PS 2 anyhow : (

Sober Thal:

Man, I can relate to this. I was interested in the first KH the moment I heard about it, but the whole Disney thing kept causing me to say, "Nah, I'll skip out on this one. Probably not all that compelling of a game, anyway."

I finally got the first KH game a whole year after it had been released, and as I played it, I looked upon my decision to get it, and it was good.

But seriously, while I'll admit it isn't the most gritty thing out there, I can't bring myself to call it childish either. Sure, there's quite a bit of the whole "friendship power" thing going on, and I saw that from the start. But if you can look past the occasional cheesy underage dialogue (which honestly doesn't pop up as often as I was expecting) then you can find a pretty damn decent story in KH. Doesn't hurt that the combat system is well done, either.

The fact that most of the games are spread out over different consoles and handhelds is a problem, though. If you have a PS2, you can play most of them, what with all the remakes and such, but if you decide to get into the series, I only have one piece of advice:

Play Chain of Memories before KH2.

I played KH1, loved it, and bought KH2. Like many players, I was instantly confused (but intrigued) by the seemingly detached beginning storyline. It actually spurred me to get CoM and play it before resuming KH2. It turned out to be one of my better gaming decisions. Made the whole "detached beginning" a lot more meaningful (and rather sad).

Wow, I went on a whole rant in the end. Bottom line, I understand your trepidation regarding KH. I'm not saying you should instantly go out and get every game, just that it turned out to be a whole lot better than the Square/Disney shpiel made it out to be. I say it's worth a shot. Start with the first one, see if you like it. I'm pretty sure you can find some version of it that isn't expensive.

Matthew94:

Battleaxx90:

Ladies and Gentlemen, I do believe that Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance will be the 3DS's first outstandingly-good game.

AAAAAAAAAnd that's when I stopped reading.

You forgot about Star Fox which is the greatest game ever made and trounces the Disney advertising vehicle you call a game.

Nah, I'm just kidding, but star fox rocks and is #1.

I feel a fanboy war coming...

But all things considered, Starfox 64 3D is a remake. Any new game will place higher than any remake or port will.

Thank GOD for a thread on the first page that isn't about a wRPG, FPS, or some PC game. I swear I hate this site. How is it that, despite probably liking %90 of all video games, I can only find %10 of topics here interesting enough to post in? It's literally depressing and questions my love of video games.

BUT YES, YES! A TOPIC I CARE ABOUT FINALLY EXISTS AGAIN. MY HAPPINESS HAS BEEN VALIDATED.

Ehem.

I guess those memoirs are kinda cool. It's not the same as playing the old games. But whatever. I doubt it's that difficult to understand what's going on. Good lord, why does Twilight Town have graffiti? It's turned into a ghetto! Oh no!

If I get this game, can Twilight Town afford to fix the urban decay?

I enjoyed the first two Kingdom Heart games, however the plot is really suffering under lacking originality. This picture should describe it well (if it works, got it off google but photobucket is locked at work)

Somehow that link is not working for me. You may want to re-upload it.

I'll fix it when i get home. It was basically all the different versions of Ansem saying "I'm Ansem" with Sora facepalming at them ;)

Well that is pretty cool. I am excited for the game.

MEH to the whole series...
AND
Are you a nutter? To your laughable 'first outstandingly-good game' view.
Personally, I'm waiting for the next SMT game.
<3

Sober Thal:

Battleaxx90:

Sober Thal:

Wouldn't playing the prequel first, make more sense?

I don't have a PS 2 anyhow : (

Not for this series. The prequel is full of call backs (call forwards?) that help explain plot holes and inconsistencies from the previous games. Hell, I played the PS2 ones first and I was still confused.

OT: And here I thought we were done with the goofy ass yellow shoes.

I am sorry I will be one of the guys that sour the thread and comp+lain that the games are on different consoles.

The story is one thing, and to be honest just reading about the previous games don't give you the same connection to the story. But what really gets to me is how some of the games change the whole play style of the game, I loved KH for its game play as much as it's story so playing Chains of Memories sucks since it is a completely different game that is REALLY important to the plot...

And it also make the series smell of Square Enix making cheap games to cash in on the fans who buy all the games.

No, I left KH after two, I tried the DS game an hated it, so thank you Square Enix for ruining yet another good game series :)

Battleaxx90:

TheSapphireKnight:

Are you kidding? By using polygons instead of pixels in Re:CoM, the game only got better. The improved translation, the addition of FMV's, and the fact that we finally found out what weapon Zexion uses aren't exactly bad things either.

And in regards to Re:Coded? If we got the regular version of the game, we'd have to play it on a tiny mobile phone screen with tiny mobile phone buttons. That alone makes Re:Coded better than the original. Also, the final cutscene pretty much sets the table for KH3D.

One more thing; there's rumours goin' round the Internet that the Final Mixes will be released on the PS3 in order to build the hype for KH3. So don't go around taking all this as bad news, 'kay?

Seriously everybody, stop putting negative spins on every friggin' update I post for this game. It's unwanted and unnecessary.

Whoa now just relax. I was talking about the HD re-releases of OTHER franchises. One of the nonsense reasons that they have thrown out for not releasing final mixes outside Japan is that they didn't think they would sell well and as we can see with other HD remixes like MGS that is not the case.

I loved both Re:Coded and Re: CoM those are not the problem.

Battleaxx90:

Why? Well, everytime I make a thread about the new Kingdom Hearts game coming out on the 3DS, there's always SOMEBODY who sours up the whole thread due to the fact that he hates the whole "Multi-console" route the series has taken, meaning they don't have the games, meaning they don't understand what's going on, meaning they won't get KH3D. It's zetta starting to cheese me off.

Oh wait! This new update means that you can enjoy KH3D WITHOUT having played every single game in the series! That's right bitches, introducing the "Memoirs" feature!

http://kh13.com/forum/topic/30377-memoirs-feature-in-kingdom-hearts-3d-explained/

In case you're too cool to read the above link, I'll just give you the TL;DR version: Essentially, it gives you the Cliff's Notes on everything that has happened in every other KH game. Ever. In plain English and in chronological order. To tell ya the truth, the OP's avatar image sums up my reaction to this news perfectly.

Oh, and one more thing? There are rumors abound certain key scenes in the series will be playable in this game. No, really. Imagine Day 358 from Days in full 3D. I'm getting a nerdgasm just thinking about it!

Ladies and Gentlemen, I do believe that Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance will be the 3DS's first outstandingly-good game. If you have called yourself a fan of the series at one point in your life, GET THIS GAME. Even if you don't have a 3DS yet, it'll be totally worth it.

Also, the release date's officially been confirmed... for the PAL region. If you do live in the PAL region, expect the dreams to drop around July 27th, 2012. That's only a few days before my birthday, too!

Okay, that's all for now. This is Everybody's Favourite Nobody, Battleaxx90, signing off. If I find more news about this game, I'll be sure to send it the Escapist's way! Count on it!

And now, I leave you with this one particular screenshot of the new Twilight Town that some of you Squeenix fanboys might find familiar...

I haven't played Kingdom Hearts in nearly eight years, KHII in nearly 3 to 4 years, and haven't finished Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Why? I lost my PS2 Power Adapter, Kingdom Hearts is broken, and I don't have a GBA to play KH:CoM.

However, I did for the first time finish Days and I am working through BBS.

My only question is this:

WHEN THE FUCK IS IT COMING OUT IN AMERICA GOD DAMNIT!

Also:

Why is Xehanorts Nobody/Heartless still roaming around? I thought once they were defeated they would fuse to become a singular person? Which also makes me wonder, how did Sora have a nobody walking around when he was a single person again?

I R Confused.

Oh, yeah. This just got 19% cooler.

Battleaxx90:

I thought Super Mario 3D Land was brilliant. But it will be nice to actually have something to play on it besides that and Ocarina of Time.

Captcha:

Heh.

Thank you sir. Glad to see more Kingdom Hearts fans like myself-DAMN YOU PAL REGION PEOPLE!- Ok I'm done.

Anywho, The boxart is glorious, but I don't see myself using the memoirs feature seeing as i've played all games XD

And The World Ends With You! HOORAY!!!

Capitano Segnaposto:

Battleaxx90:

I haven't played Kingdom Hearts in nearly eight years, KHII in nearly 3 to 4 years, and haven't finished Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories. Why? I lost my PS2 Power Adapter, Kingdom Hearts is broken, and I don't have a GBA to play KH:CoM.

However, I did for the first time finish Days and I am working through BBS.

My only question is this:

WHEN THE FUCK IS IT COMING OUT IN AMERICA GOD DAMNIT!

Also:

Why is Xehanorts Nobody/Heartless still roaming around? I thought once they were defeated they would fuse to become a singular person? Which also makes me wonder, how did Sora have a nobody walking around when he was a single person again?

I R Confused.

Because ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now finish BBS or I'll spoil you.

_________

Also, bring out KH3, enough of this bullshit milking already.

Monoochrom:

Capitano Segnaposto:
Snip

Because ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Now finish BBS or I'll spoil you.

_________

Also, bring out KH3, enough of this bullshit milking already.

Oh, it is explained in BBS? Well then, I will get right on it!

I have two questions for you:

I want to complete BBS 100% (IE: Get Secret ending) and I am playing Terra/Ventus/Aqua on Normal/Proud/Normal (Ventus is an easy character for me to use for a Proud Trophy), however do I need to complete all the Mirage Arena? Is their a guide to helping me accomplish this?

Also, how is it milking the franchise when it significantly furthers the story and fills in a few plotholes? If anything was "Milking" the franchise that would have been RE: Coded (Note, I have not played that one either)

AyreonMaiden:
Whoa, that's cool!

No shit. As a KH hater, this is awesome. I'm gonna get BBS soon, I know the first three games from to back, and this will ensure I know all I need from 358/2 and Coded. All right! I'll actually give this a try again!

I will tell you in advance...Birth By Sleep was the most satisfying KH game I've played since KH1 :3 It had less of the "press triangle to do some supermove you just pulled out of your ass" stuff from KH2 and a lot more fun gameplay and exploration. And the stories weren't all dark and grim, in the plentiful sidequests the brought back some of that Disney lightness and humor (but not so much that it interferes with the story or overall tone of the game).

Anyway, I am really glad to hear about this. I will be getting a substantial amount of money on my birthday on April 22, and among my first purchases will be a 3DS.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked