Your "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU" Moments...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

When I saw that I literally hadn't played a single game on the PSN's new PS2 store. I was too fucking annoyed, what a shitty line up, I'm just hoping it bucks it's content up soon, GIVE ME STATE OF EMERGENCY DAMMIT!

I'm just finished harvesting seeds in Minecraft, and I walk over to the crafting table to make myself a hoe in order to start farming again.
I right-click on the table
Sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-BOOM!
I never found my house again, since my bed was destroyed.

I got hit so hard I passed the FUUUUUUUU! moment entirely.

I was playing X-Com: UFO Defense. Times were good. I had lasers and armor (I tend to focus on the mobility of flying armor over say, plasma). I got power armor. I gave it to a captain. Captain takes one step out onto the ramp of the skyranger and gets gunned down.

A rookie in the back of the plain freaks. He goes berserk. He cut down three-quarters of the remaining squad like that. I literally had a human BSOD. I don't move for five minutes.

Playing through Castlevania 1.
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Holy fuck, this game is hard, it's so hard, dude!

It's awesome, but FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Especially since it doesn't have a password system FUUUU-

5-0:

Launcelot111:

5-0:
That Circle the Airstrip mission in San Andreas. That was just one big FUUUUUUUU. So glad I completed the Flight School now.

Oh dear lord, this by far. I had the great pleasure of playing this game on a laptop, which made for wildly awkward and super sensitive flight controls too. It took me two and a half hours to just beat this one little chunk of flight school, and then I just walked away for a while when I found out that the next challenge was to do the same thing over again and then land the damn plane.

Also that mission where you had to catch up to the bigger plane and then fly into the back of it, seeing as you had to fly on a perfectly straight path to maintain enough speed to catch up, which on a laptop meant not touching the super sensitive mouse nub which would send you into a nose dive if you sneezed on it

I'm also playing on a laptop. My problem was I kept accidentally going back to the mission select screen by pressing enter. I eventually had to change that. I'm not even gonna estimate the amount of time it took to do that mission, and the one afterwards. Far too long.

God, I'm sorry for you right now. I never had the issue with hitting enter, and I'm very grateful for that looking back. Wasn't there something about the plane that needed to be controlled with the page up/down keys or something? The rest of the game was fine for me(manual aiming was great), but those flight controls were the stuff of nightmares. Anyway, I later revisited Flight School playing on Xbox and it only took two tries to circle the damn airstrip. Just adding insult to injury

Spoilers for ending of Mass effect 2 ahead, although I assume almost everyone in the universe has played it by this point.

Hence *SPOILER ALERT*

First playthrough. Things were going well, however a bug in the PC version meant I couldn't do every loyalty mission. We were at the Collector base. Everyone was still alive and I just saved humanity from the Human-Reaper hybrid thing and was heroically running back to the ship. I had taken Miranda and Thane along to help me kill it, and had left all the heavies behind as a rear guard.

Shepard asks Joker if the ground team made it....and it cuts to an image of Garrus' corpse.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Suffice to say that wasn't my "canon" ending.

Happened to me today. Protip: do not trust HP's recovery software when it says one or more recovery options only delete certain folders. They lie. I had my entire hard drive wiped today, with no backups. The good news is the only thing I really lost is some old notes and homework, and a free copy of Broken Sword 1 from Good old Games. The bad news is reinstalling everything is going to be a bitch. However, it fixed my problems; Geek Squad is so incompetent that they can't even remove their own bloatware that they put on display laptops without screwing things up. Why they didn't just reformat it in the first place, I'll never know.

I was playing FF Crystal Chronicles, and I forgot to save all through the game from the start. I got to the carnival place and got literally gangraped by a bunch of enemies. I was pissed too because all the pathways were convieniant.

DanteLives:
Fire Spirits on Uncharted 3 Crushing. Nearly killed them all then one appears out of nowhere and throws some sort of molotov that i cannot throw back which is a one hit kill. Raged quite a lot because it was a cheap kill from a cheap enemy.

I feel your pain. It sucks extra hard when you realize you're getting owned by an enemy that Drake is just hallucinating.
OT: Mine would be in WoW, when I've spent a lot of time traveling, and I forget to set my Hearthstone to a new town. And I, of course, have to be a jackass and use it, sending me back half way across the map. I know I can usually just fly at least part of the way back, but still; FUUUUUU

Every time in Mass Effect, Fallout 3 or Dragon Age when I forget to save and lose hours of gameplay.

Also falling into lava with a haul of diamonds in Minecraft drove me to such FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU so many times that I plugged in the Death Chest mod. I told myself I'd build my big castle with no mods, in SSP. But just too much FUUUUU to not cheat.

Proverbial Jon:

5-0:
That Circle the Airstrip mission in San Andreas. That was just one big FUUUUUUUU. So glad I completed the Flight School now.

I second that. I was prepared to do some serious damage to something out of RAGE due to the flying in that game. I'll also add the Zero missions to that as well. Those damned remote controlled helicopters were the bane of my miserable life. But what a buzz when I finally did it!

OT: My most FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU moments have come from Star Fox Adventures. Three different sections in that drove me round the twist:

- The test of fear. Fuck fear, more like the test of frustration. FFFFUUUUU!
- Some on rails shooting section where you had to shoot 4 towers that were spewing missles at you and you had no way to dodge so you had to shoot them down with real precision... only the controls were inverted and there was no way to change them to the way I liked it... FFFFFFFUUUUUUUU!
- A stupid section inside a temple near the end where you had to use precision aiming, very quick timing and poor controls all together to shoot some crystals through specific coloured flames to unlock a fucking dooor aaahhhhhhh! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

I remember the test of fear. I also remember that damn tiki test where you had to press the button faster than the computer. They didn't tweak it enough and so people had to buy turbo controllers just to get past it.

Launcelot111:

5-0:

Launcelot111:

Oh dear lord, this by far. I had the great pleasure of playing this game on a laptop, which made for wildly awkward and super sensitive flight controls too. It took me two and a half hours to just beat this one little chunk of flight school, and then I just walked away for a while when I found out that the next challenge was to do the same thing over again and then land the damn plane.

Also that mission where you had to catch up to the bigger plane and then fly into the back of it, seeing as you had to fly on a perfectly straight path to maintain enough speed to catch up, which on a laptop meant not touching the super sensitive mouse nub which would send you into a nose dive if you sneezed on it

I'm also playing on a laptop. My problem was I kept accidentally going back to the mission select screen by pressing enter. I eventually had to change that. I'm not even gonna estimate the amount of time it took to do that mission, and the one afterwards. Far too long.

God, I'm sorry for you right now. I never had the issue with hitting enter, and I'm very grateful for that looking back. Wasn't there something about the plane that needed to be controlled with the page up/down keys or something? The rest of the game was fine for me(manual aiming was great), but those flight controls were the stuff of nightmares. Anyway, I later revisited Flight School playing on Xbox and it only took two tries to circle the damn airstrip. Just adding insult to injury

Yes, the flight controls most definitely are stupid. You have to hold down W to go forward and use A and D for the rudder, but use the arrow keys to lift the nose up or down and bank, meaning you can't use the mouse to control the camera. And the helicopter controls are even worse, especially when by default the missiles are mapped to the left mouse button. I imagine thumbsticks are a hell of a lot easier, thanks to the variable amounts of pressure you can put on them.

General RAAM on insane solo. WSFGREWDOREMGPWMG!!!!
Having to listen to the same god-damn cutscene over and over and over didn't help my sanity either...
This wasn't recently by the way, it was some while ago, when I cleared my first insane solo run of Gears 1. The memory still stings, however.

Zantos:
Rayman, oh god Rayman makes me want to kill things. Mistimed jumps resulting in death are far less annoying when there isn't a lives and continues system to go with them.

Oh man, I loved that game but it could get so frustrating at times. Some of the boss fights were needlessly long, with a steep-ass learning curve because predictably you need to learn how to beat them for each boss. And of course having limited lives in which to do that is just irritating as hell.

Any mortal kombat with that adventure crap, "test your might" was continually test how durable your controller was, it was used so often by the time I quit the button on the ps2 controller no longer worked. All those test your might sequences was a big FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!

FFXIII - Final Boss Orphan (Phase 1) - First time fighting him. Oh man I'm kicking this guys ass, ya! Haha down 50% from half a stagger time, man this will be easy! 50% HP he cuts to his next mode. WTF why is Hope down?!?! Ok, back up awesome, lets kick some ass. Area attack, Merciless Judgment, Area Attack, party leader dies. WTF Just Happened!!!!!!?!?!?! FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Realizing that someone I thought was a boy is actually a girl.

Worst part : That's happened to me TWICE now, not just one freak time.

Idlemessiah:
Every time in Mass Effect, Fallout 3 or Dragon Age when I forget to save and lose hours of gameplay.

Also falling into lava with a haul of diamonds in Minecraft drove me to such FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU so many times that I plugged in the Death Chest mod. I told myself I'd build my big castle with no mods, in SSP. But just too much FUUUUU to not cheat.

What's that Richard? you got charged by that Krogan on Liara's recruitment mission? Don't worry bro, I got this, I auto saved at the beginning of the planet!

That is why Saren is the greatest villian. Because no other villian's theme evokes so much hatred from the player when it plays...

Last storyline mission of GTA san andreas. killing the guys in the building. god knows how many floors. So much death. So little variety in the npc taunts. Fine i can take that, i mean at least people are dying right? And then Behold, to me thou hast given no mission checkpoint, and lo i keep on dying when i FUCKING HAVE TO CATCH SWEET FROM THE FUCKING FIRETRUCK! goddamn that thing was annoying. it also cost me a keyboard

Cant really say I have any rage FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU moments, more despair or depressing ones. Way back when I was playing Fallout 3 I lost like three hours of gameplay because it frigging froze on me, and since I was just wandering round the wasteland, I totally forgot to save (which I know, was my fault considering its a frigging Bethesda game...)

More recently, yeah, I had a moment like that on - quelle surprise - dark souls. *minor spoilers ahead* I'd built up a significant soul count and had seven humanity (the highest I've ever had in the game - held humanity not withstanding) and hadn't died in about ten hours of game time (which included a boss, so I was feeling good). But then I get into the Anor Londo cathedral - that part where you cant backtrack because you have to leap down onto a balcony. So theres an army of silver knights between me and the next checkpoint, ant those frigging mimics too. Got owned by one of them several times, but I'd always managed to make it back to my soul stain. Then one of the knights owned me before I could. Gutted. I was proper gutted. So yeah, that was a bit of a despair FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU moment.

I got two. One that's game-related, another one that isn't.

1. So here I am, on my sixth consecutive hour with Skyrim. It's super late and I'm holding on only thanks to lasting interest in the storyline I'm currently involved in (Dark Brotherhood) and I haven't saved manually in even longer.

I'm just one corner away from opening the door to Titus Mede II's door on that damned ship and... Crash to desktop. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

2. I've been working on my thesis for close to six months, and I need to present an outline to the review committee. I hand in my first version to my thesis director and don't hear from him for almost a month. By that time, I'm just one week away from my deadline. Still no news after one week, so I assemble what I've got together and present the outline as-is.

Tonight, one week *after* my deadline, I hear back from my thesis director. He tells me that we're at least one version away from having something definitive to present. In other words, what I've handed to the review committee is now obsolete. FUUUUUUUUU!

Guess what I'm doing, tonight? The sooner this gets dealt with, the sooner the great officials in their ivory tower are going to receive a proper version.

Sins of the Solar Empire
Another empire had been taking my planets right and left for a very long time, and when i finally managed to amass a force to beat them back as soon as i jumped into their gravity well a MASSIVE Pirate raid came in and wiped out my starting planet without me noticing.

I never rage because of games but that caught me off guard enough when it happened, that I shoved the keyboard into the wall beside me and broke its little prongs that prop it up. poor keyboard... That's the only time I can think of i actually got violently mad at a game.

TheKmanofAwesometon:
Dark Souls NG++, finishing up the new londo ruins when I get killed, dropping my sizable collection of 99 humanity and 184k souls on the ground. Since I've only ever died once and permenantly lost souls, I was feeling fairly confident in getting them back. I respawned at Firelink Shrine and started heading to the elevator down, whereupon I glitched off a ledge and fell to my death.....

I almost threw my PS3 out the window.

I feel so so sorry for you.

That moment when you spent several hours memorizing a monolouge and when you're about to perform it, you forget it.

When Gameplay cancelled my ME3 Collector's edition Pre-Order last week for no reason without telling me. I complained of course, but they said basically "Derp a derp image guess you'll have to order a new one" (trollface should be an official character on keyboards)

Of course they were sold out as is every shop in the damn country.

I had to order one from the RoI so I probably won't get it on release, and I had to pay a boatload for shipping.

VincentR:
Ugh. I was enjoying Dark Soul until I got to the fortress where you have to dodge the swinging-axes or whatever. I HATE timing based puzzles where it's perfect, or you die. And avoiding the lightning-lizards or whatever (I really can't recall - this was back when the game came out) while also avoiding the axes - while being melee based. Ugh.. FFFFFUUUUUU.

Sen's Fortress is amazing, isn't it? I was stuck at the last group of swinging axes until I realized there's a small gap between the first and last two. Patience is key in that place.

But wait, it gets worse! I'm pretty sure everyone who got far enough to get the Lordvessel will know what I'm talking about when I say the archers. Yes, those archers. You know the ones.

Kingme18:

Outcast107:

Though one moment sticks out. It the bed of chaos. DAMN I HATE THAT GUY!

Oh yeah he was pretty damn easy, but you just had to time it right to jump down the pit and on to the small small..SMALL area of a ramp. hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Though still love the game, on my second play through now and almost beat it. Just need to beat the four kings FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Oh man, that guy.... "run run run, almost there! *Get swiped down the hole*FUUUUUU- *Respawn* Ok ok ok I got it this time ok nothing swiped me now if I can just make the jum- FUUUUUU!"

On my first character I somehow managed to do it without dying. I had no idea what I was supposed to do, and just rushed in and attacked the first thing I saw. For some reason, I managed not to die by falling, being swiped, burnt, or anything else. On my second character, it was a lot more like you described. Every time I'm almost there, I get swiped off. Somehow, you finally manage to make it on the root, just to get a chaos storm in your face, and burn to death.

The Ceaseless discharge is quite annoying as well. Both my characters are mostly melee, though one has lightning spear and great lightning spear. I always got him down to about 25, and then I died because of that cursed double smash attack.

I do love the game though. So much, that every other weekend, when I'm at my dad's place where the xbox is, I play pretty much nothing else. I don't even bother bringing my laptop for those weekends, because I'll be playing Dark Souls all the time anyway.

Demon's Souls, one word: Flamelurker. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Also Demon's Souls: running into three Giant Depraved at once in the middle of the swamp. FUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Again Demon's Souls: running into a Black Phantom Dual Katana Skeleton. FUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Dark Souls: Ornstein and Smough. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

FFXIII: fighting Vercingetorix. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

Outcast107:

TheKmanofAwesometon:
Dark Souls NG++, finishing up the new londo ruins when I get killed, dropping my sizable collection of 99 humanity and 184k souls on the ground. Since I've only ever died once and permenantly lost souls, I was feeling fairly confident in getting them back. I respawned at Firelink Shrine and started heading to the elevator down, whereupon I glitched off a ledge and fell to my death.....

I almost threw my PS3 out the window.

I feel so so sorry for you.

Thanks, I eventually went back and wrapped up NG++, having no humanity on you can really speed your progress up since you have nothing to be afraid of. That was still one of the most rage inducing things that has happend to me in Dark Souls, always serves as a reminder that even if you think you're fine, a random glitch can always screw you over.

Some MHFU quest where I had to kill a tigrex, a nargacuga, and some other monster all in one run. Finally got to the last one and had it running off to try and sleep to recover its hp. You get 3x damage on a sleeping hit so I was gonna used a charged shot with the gunlance which should be a one-hit KO but just before I fire ... my cat does that thing where it holds the giant barrelbomb above its head and kamakazi runs towards a random enemy (this time a vespoid), basically waking up the monster and stunning my character from the blast, only to be killed and fail the quest as the thing charges me before I could get up ... The cat is now on perma-chief duty.

Every time in Battlefield 3 when your vision suddenly gets jerked and you're looking at the guy who is about to plunge a knife into you...I scream NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO every time that happens.

Getting to Ilos on Mass Effect 1, only for my save to mysteriously disappear when I got back. "You're fucking me," I said. "No, I had a save. Why isn't it letting me load?

Greyah:

VincentR:
Ugh. I was enjoying Dark Soul until I got to the fortress where you have to dodge the swinging-axes or whatever. I HATE timing based puzzles where it's perfect, or you die. And avoiding the lightning-lizards or whatever (I really can't recall - this was back when the game came out) while also avoiding the axes - while being melee based. Ugh.. FFFFFUUUUUU.

Sen's Fortress is amazing, isn't it? I was stuck at the last group of swinging axes until I realized there's a small gap between the first and last two. Patience is key in that place.

But wait, it gets worse! I'm pretty sure everyone who got far enough to get the Lordvessel will know what I'm talking about when I say the archers. Yes, those archers. You know the ones.

Kingme18:

Outcast107:

Oh yeah he was pretty damn easy, but you just had to time it right to jump down the pit and on to the small small..SMALL area of a ramp. hate it, hate it, HATE IT! Though still love the game, on my second play through now and almost beat it. Just need to beat the four kings FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Oh man, that guy.... "run run run, almost there! *Get swiped down the hole*FUUUUUU- *Respawn* Ok ok ok I got it this time ok nothing swiped me now if I can just make the jum- FUUUUUU!"

On my first character I somehow managed to do it without dying. I had no idea what I was supposed to do, and just rushed in and attacked the first thing I saw. For some reason, I managed not to die by falling, being swiped, burnt, or anything else. On my second character, it was a lot more like you described. Every time I'm almost there, I get swiped off. Somehow, you finally manage to make it on the root, just to get a chaos storm in your face, and burn to death.

The Ceaseless discharge is quite annoying as well. Both my characters are mostly melee, though one has lightning spear and great lightning spear. I always got him down to about 25, and then I died because of that cursed double smash attack.

I do love the game though. So much, that every other weekend, when I'm at my dad's place where the xbox is, I play pretty much nothing else. I don't even bother bringing my laptop for those weekends, because I'll be playing Dark Souls all the time anyway.

Ah here a tip for the ceaseless discharge. Just run back to where you came from. If you do he should fall after his first melee attack and die instantly. There a huge hole at that area so he just walks off.

Midgeamoo:
Almost Every level after you get into Hell on Super Meat Boy.
At least once per level you WILL get to the very end and sprint into the easiest obstacle you've ever seen. Such a a rage inducing game, but such a good platformer.

Hell definitely, but its worth it for the satisfaction of completing it

Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back.

Level: Cold Hard Crash.

That...one...box....

...FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!

Greyah:

VincentR:

Kingme18:

Outcast107:

Oh, for Anor Londo.... Those black knight archers.... I eventually just went SCREW THIS and Leeroyed past all of them. I got to the fire and went "No freaking way." But even worse were Biggy and Smalls. I spent three days on them alone.

Runescape years, and years ago. Died. Lost 110k instantly. I felt like hanging myself.

And that's the story of how I lost my innocence.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked