Recomend me some DS Games.

I'm getting a hand me down DS so as the title of the thread says's i'd like recomendations of what to get and what to avoid.

I'm open to pretty much any genre except jrpg but i won't rule them out.

Cheers in advance!

- The World Ends With You
- Chrono Trigger
- Pokemon Black or White
- SMT Devil Survivor

And i liked the first two Bleach fighters.

"Recommend some DS games to me."

Golden Sun and Fire Emblem are great games. The World Ends With You as mentioned before. Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days, the obvious Zelda and Mario titles. Kirby, because Kirby is awesome.

Professor Layton, if your into puzzle solving games that series is the best.

Okamiden, Scribblenauts is good for some casual fun. GTA: China Town Wars.

Basically, poke around the DS section of whatever game review website you like and see what they've got.

Dementium 1 and 2 are quality horror games, the first is decent with a few flaws and I would call D2 very good which put out really impressive graphics at 60 FPS, has fluid gameplay and solid game mechanics.

Dragon Quest IX.

I haven't played many DS games. Try Fire Emblem if you're up for a simple fantasy turn-based strategy. Phantom Hourglass and HeartGold/SoulSilver are other good titles in my opinion. Can't say I like Pokémon Black/White too much, but maybe that's just because I'm getting more xenophobic to the idea of new Pokémon as time passes. If you aren't handicapped by nostalgia like I am, I suppose it may be worth a shot to you.

C F:
I haven't played many DS games. Try Fire Emblem if you're up for a simple fantasy turn-based strategy. Phantom Hourglass and HeartGold/SoulSilver are other good titles in my opinion. Can't say I like Pokémon Black/White too much, but maybe that's just because I'm getting more xenophobic to the idea of new Pokémon as time passes. If you aren't handicapped by nostalgia like I am, I suppose it may be worth a shot to you.

Yes, this. A thousand times this. The pokemon games will consume your time and are generally awesome.

Obviously you need to get one Pokemon game, and even though you've said you don't want JRPGs you've got the best handheld (maybe console) for them at the moment. I don't tend to like them either but give Chrono Trigger a go at least if you've never played it before.

Mario Kart/New Super Mario Bros are always good.

Super Scribblenaughts, I can't explain this very well just look it up and see if it's something you'd enjoy. Puzzle game where you can spawn mostly anything by typing it in.

The Zeldas are good, even if the sailing in the first one was annoying.

Also the Grand Theft Auto is worth playing.

Professor Laytons are a must if you enjoy puzzle games.

Nothing exactly too out of the ordinary on my list, can't remember everything I've played.

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney: Justice for All
Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Children of Mana
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum
Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
Pokemon Black/White
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 (out today, actually)
Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
Touch Detective
Touch Detective 2 1/2

Then of course there's also Pokemon + Nobunaga's Ambition and Pokemon Black/White 2 coming out in the near future.

Games in Bold are ones that I highly recommend.

Even though you prefer to omit JRPG's, The World Ends With You is certainly worth a look. Unique combat system and a God-tier soundtrack.

Pokemon games should be self explanatory. (I highly recommend Platinum)

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time and Bowsers Inside Story. Oh the fun.

9 Hours 9 persons 9 Doors (Or 999 for short) is a visual novel style mystery/puzzle game. Very enjoyable.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike or Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon if you are looking for a fun strategy game.

Hope that helps ^^

Thanks folks!

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked