Machinima Now Censoring The Internet...Really?

Yes I know, big hyperbole title, but still watch this clip. And all of it just to defend...MeganSpeaks? Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGPpeIWoXZA&feature=g%AD-all-f&context=G256a2e8FAAAAAA%ADAAAAA

I have no idea what is happening here. All I saw was a guy looking at pictures and swearing about something that looked really childish.

Misleading title is misleading...

I stopped caring about Machinima when it became less RvB and variety and more "Hutch, Sark and SeaNanners play CoD".

So wait, someone called out the video whoring "reply girls" and got a DMCA for it? Kinda lame, but those claims are already pretty shady and easily expoitable. I would just fill out my counter and let it roll of my back, maybe do a little counter-trolling. I wouldn't start screaming "IT'S INTERNET CENSORSHIP!11!!1!"

I'm not defending her, she's horrible and all these "reply girls" are a youtube cancer who use incredible cheap tactics to expoit add revenue to get that SWEET SWEET YOUTUBE MONAY. But I'd tell the guy that he should probably chill out a little. He's probably hurting his cause more than helping when he acts like that.

Some dude named Joe was issued an email to stop posting his crap... Why do I care?

WAIT A MINUTE!!! This video is from the same guy who wears the tin foil hat and thinks Piracy is an inside job by hard working copyright holders! What a fucking tool.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I don't quite know what's going on. I didn't know Machinama could kill things, seems rather hypocritical given what the majority of their content consists of.

ChupathingyX:

I stopped caring about Machinima when it became less RvB and variety and more "Hutch, Sark and SeaNanners play CoD".

To my knowledge RvB was never on machinima and always hosted by RoosterTeeth?

Sober Thal:
Some dude named Joe was issued an email to stop posting his crap... Why do I care?

WAIT A MINUTE!!! This video is from the same guy who wears the tin foil hat and thinks Piracy is an inside job by hard working copyright holders! What a fucking tool.

I'm not sure you watched the video... did you watch the same video I did? Because it in no way mentioned piracy or tin foil hats. It mentioned some overzealous dolt who issued a DCMA takedown notice when he had no business doing so, mainly because he had zero claims to any copyrights that were being violated.

McNinja:

Sober Thal:

I'm not sure you watched the video... did you watch the same video I did? Because it in no way mentioned piracy or tin foil hats. It mentioned some overzealous dolt who issued a DCMA takedown notice when he had no business doing so, mainly because he had zero claims to any copyrights that were being violated.

The voice from the video was the tin foil hat alarmist guy who thinks piracy was invented by legitimate copyright holders in order to control the world, or something. I could be wrong, but that's who it sounded like.

In this video, there were claims of copyright violations, and terms offered to resend the 'takedown'.

Not sure why it's a big deal, other than the crazy guy talking like it's the end of the free world.

As others have already stated... this is misleading.

On Machinima:

Gotta side with the happycabbie guy. Machinima had no place abusing the DMCA system especially since pretty much everything on their shitty site involves stealing others stuff.
And terminating the dudes contract for standing up to him was just extra pathetic.
As for MeganSpeaks. I would not be at all upset if she fell feet first into a wood chipper.

SextusMaximus:

ChupathingyX:

To my knowledge RvB was never on machinima and always hosted by RoosterTeeth?

A long time ago new episodes were posted there and I would use their site because the Rooster Teeth site acted up for me (it would always crash or freeze for some reason).

However, eventually they stopped and then I started going to RT's official website and stayed there.

RGman:
On Machinima:

Damn ya beat me to it...

Yeah, Machinima's going downhill. The only things i actually watch on their channel is Arby N Chief and Two Best Friends. Everything else isn't that good.

at first I was sickened by "reply girls" until I realized two things. There is very legit and entertaining reviews in this vain, granted any that rely on a pair of tits isn't among them but get to that in a moment, so doing anything to stop them would ultimately be harmful.

The other is, its actually a good sign. Any media with a low barrier of entry and profit will have things like this.

As long as you dont get over-saturation its not a big deal, and it shows that it is a viable option for actual artists.

Besides give people more credit. I have seen these videos with zero views and its rare people break into 5 digit view counts. Not saying they will go away but its some comfort that they will never get beyond pocket change.

I mean, I agree with what he's trying to say... but he started ranting, raving, and swearing like a lunatic so I can't take him seriously.

aeroz:
at first I was sickened by "reply girls" until I realized two things. There is very legit and entertaining reviews in this vain, granted any that rely on a pair of tits isn't among them but get to that in a moment, so doing anything to stop them would ultimately be harmful.

The other is, its actually a good sign. Any media with a low barrier of entry and profit will have things like this.

As long as you dont get over-saturation its not a big deal, and it shows that it is a viable option for actual artists.

Besides give people more credit. I have seen these videos with zero views and its rare people break into 5 digit view counts. Not saying they will go away but its some comfort that they will never get beyond pocket change.

No one would give a damn about "replygirls" if they wouldn't clog the whole related video list really. One or two - fine, easy to ignore, no problem there even tho the actual video creators might feel kind of abused. Issues started when channels like Yogscast, which is probably now one of biggest gaming channels on YT, had their whole "related" list filled with those push-up vultures.

Plus They never strip... which is such a waste of natural "talents"!

Wait ReplyGirl is working with Machinima?

Wow, they must be really struggling, seriously why the fuck would you employ a leech? Unless your using it for medical reasons.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked