Bioware forums explode as Mass Effect 3 ending details are leaked. *MINOR SPOILERS*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 18 NEXT

Kahunaburger:

boag:

Kahunaburger:
it's a modern bioware game. Those aren't exactly known for C&C.

And teh Old Republic Was?

or lets just jump back further in time, BALDURS GATE?

This modern Bioware card people keep playing is bullshit, Bioware has not declined at all, its always had the same rehashed cliches and the same contrived endings.

Does modern Bio having little to no major C&C preclude old Bio having the same?

It doesnt, but the way you frame it, it implies that you think the old Bioware was better than the new Bioware, which is a blatant lie, they havent changed at all.

boag:

Kahunaburger:

boag:

And teh Old Republic Was?

or lets just jump back further in time, BALDURS GATE?

This modern Bioware card people keep playing is bullshit, Bioware has not declined at all, its always had the same rehashed cliches and the same contrived endings.

It doesnt, but the way you frame it, it implies that you think the old Bioware was better than the new Bioware, which is a blatant lie, they havent changed at all.

I wouldn't go that far haha. Completely different target audience, many different people working on the projects, and so on. Declined? Debatable. Different? Absolutely.

Kahunaburger:

boag:

Kahunaburger:

I wouldn't go that far haha. Completely different target audience, many different people working on the projects, and so on. Declined? Debatable. Different? Absolutely.

If we are to reference Story, which at one Point was supposedly held by Fans as Biowares STRONG POINT, then there has been no change.

IF we are going by Gameplay, I must say ME2 was an Improvement over ME1.

Kahunaburger:

"BAAAWWWWW! I can't ride off into the sunset with my space waifu!"

This is my favourite comment.

I'm a huge Bioware fan. I even loved DA2. And I'm so pumped for this ending and the lack of an easy way out that I could pee my pants.

I appreciate how Bioware doesn't give a sweet fuck. If they go down, they'll be doing it with twin middle fingers held proudly in the air, blowing raspberries. Gotta respect those balls.

I'm going to laugh so hard when they release extra endings as DLC.

Thoric485:
I'm going to laugh so hard when they release extra endings as DLC.

I would gladly pay for a "happy" ending. =|

Well, I guess it's time to start 2012's "Who can have the noblest death?" competition between all members of the Normandy crew.

Praetox:
Well, I guess it's time to start 2012's "Who can have the noblest death?" competition between all members of the Normandy crew.

My bet is on Garrus.

I feared a deus ex machina, well, not that much since we got the News that we'd have to install the Origin Malware on our Computers to play it so i'm not going to buy it.
Nevertheless, i liked the first two Games, mostly because Bioware actually put some Story in them.
But there are some Instances in the Games where a Plotpoint or even a moral Choice falls flat on its Ass. There are some glaring holes in the Stories of both Games.

I believe that there's a possibility that Bioware could deliver an Ending to the Series that feels rewarding and deals with a threat to the entire Galaxy without too much of a deus Ex Machina.

On a more realistic Note, when has there been a Game with only one "bad" or maybe several "bad" endings that doesn't have glaring Plotholes?

Fallout 3, Ending without the "Broken Steel" DLC. My Character needs to shut something down that would explode and do irreparable damage to the magical machine that will make clean drinking water for the post nuclear wasteland. To do so, someone must go in a radiation filled chamber and push the off button. The Radiation will kill you, but the off button must be pushed NAO!
So you can tell your Lady Friend, who wears a Power Armor which offers some Radiation Resistance to go in there or you can go in there yourself. Those option will be reflected in the ending Narration.

However, you can have another Companion, a so called "Super Mutant". You get him in the Main Story and radiation can't do anything to him. This is a Trait that is used about an hour or so before the ending, where he goes into a radiation filled Room to get an item for you.

And there he stands and everyone in the Room is oblivious to the Fact that no one needs to be sacrificed because the Super Mutant can just go in there and shrug off the Radiation.

Mistakes like this had the tragic Sacrifice fall right on its Ass.

The first DLC for Fallout 3 contained a fix for this, where it was revealed that the Character just went into a Coma. And with the DLC, you could send the Super Mutant in.
Regardless, you go into a Coma because there was an energy spike or something. Bleh.

If i get the Happy Ending and i "worked" for it, i leveled my character, thought about where to put Points to make my Character more effective, played extra missions to get money to buy better items and all that i will be less critical because then *i* did everything right.

If i did everything right and i get a "bittersweet" or "bad" ending i want to know what went "wrong". And if the Game throws something at me that is not very well thought out, like the Mutant that is impervious to radiation not being able to go to a place that too much radiation for a mere human this will catapult me out of the Experience.
If i get the "bad" ending, i'd like to be able to think about how the Character would feel. If the Character is responsible for the Death of someone innocent, excluding about a million Merceneraies i sniped from the next town over, (s)he'd be asking what went wrong, what could've have been done better. And coming up with no Answer.

If i get a "bad" ending, i don't want to be able to think of something that could have been done in about 30 seconds, which made the Choice of squadmates on "Virmire" in Mass Effect 1 really stupid. You rescue the Squadmate whom you send with the Group of Alien People, it's not a Choice, its like rescue 20 or rescue one. Arg! And: i could've rescued both. How many times have i killed everyone that came out of one of those Badguy Dropships before?
And i can't throw the nuke down from Orbit? or maybe with a remote controlled Shuttle?
I have to set it up in the backyard under the clear sky?

Well, this made the moral Dilemma laughable. If i get the good ending, i'll be less critical of any deus ex machina.
If i get a bad ending, i want a Explanation as to why this and that had to happen, other then Deus ex Machina.

Heads up for the people that dont want Spoilers or to deal with the incoming shitstorm, the ending vids are going to hit youtube in a couple of hours.

From the spolers I read, it is a perfectly fine endling. It is just no "flawless victory". I think people are making a far too big fuzz about this.

I read the spoilers and plan to buy the game anyway. They don't really bother me since they actually make some sense in the situation at hand. As long as the game is fun and the plot doesn't go totally loopy to get to the ending, I'll enjoy it.

rofltehcat:
From the spolers I read, it is a perfectly fine endling. It is just no "flawless victory". I think people are making a far too big fuzz about this.

I must agree. The main reason people are pissed about this is because they don't get to spend eternity with their bang buddy of choice.

I tracked the bioware forums for a few hours last night and that seems to be the main reason these endings are so hated.

and the problem is ....?

your Shepard doesn't getta shag the hot alien you picked out?

-.- really .... the endings make sense given the context, you don't go into a battle with the stakes as high as this and expect to walk away clean

"It's not the ending that counts, it's the journey you take to reach that final destiny..."

Philosophical BullS.!!! xD

Ah, another Thing: Since Mass Effect is supposed to be a Trilogy, didn't we get some "Bittersweet" Endings already? We saved the Day, but the Threat is still looming. In the second Game we didn't even get to fight a Reaper, only Henchmen. And stupid Henchmen at that, with one Spacestation and one pathetically weak Cruiser. And the Reaper threat still looms.

Also, we did get a bad ending with the arrival DLC. Which falls flat on its Ass, of course. Earth's mass relay was encased in the Moon of Pluto, Charon. A Mass of Ice so massive that it collapsed into a sphere. And the "Alpha Relay" is destroyed when you throw a comparatively tiny rock at it.
But whatever. After all those bad Endings a good one might be in Order. Or maybe Bioware is just trolling.

Aerosteam 1908:

Also, it's nice reading all the thread replies in the first page and not seeing a single spoiler. And no, I'm not reading what ever links take me to BioWare's forums.

Substitute Troll:
I'm thrilled actually! I intend to sacrifice my Shepard anyway. A proper story ends with the main character's death.

FUCK.

Do you know how easy it is to read something you don't want? Fairly. That's the answer.

I just read your post and now you just spoiled a large chunk of the ending for me.

Thanks, Sir Spoil-a-lot of Endington.

If you really cared about avoiding spoilers then maybe clicking a thread with a spoiler warning right there in the title wasn't your greatest move :D

I'm not particularly pleased about how the crew of the Normandy end up. Seems a bit of a useless plot device really. I don't however, mind the destruction of the mass relays. Sure it sets civilisation back a long way, but it means that the races can grow as a whole on their own when they're ready for it instead of it being thrust upon them by an external force. So in general I don't really mind this ending.

Anyway, enough about me fanboying about the story.

Zenron:
I'm not particularly pleased about how the crew of the Normandy end up. Seems a bit of a useless plot device really. I don't however, mind the destruction of the mass relays. Sure it sets civilisation back a long way, but it means that the races can grow as a whole on their own when they're ready for it instead of it being thrust upon them by an external force. So in general I don't really mind this ending.

Anyway, enough about me fanboying about the story.

You could always give the crew the mercy of winning the "Noblest Death" competition. That's what I plan to do. Go out with a permanent bang

Praetox:

You could always give the crew the mercy of winning the "Noblest Death" competition. That's what I plan to do. Go out with a permanent bang

Sounds like a plan to me, although I'd probably feel like I was playing Halo a little too much at that point.

Madman123456:
snip

Besides all your squad memebrs leaving on that shuttle for that mission there aren't any real plotholes in the ME games.

I know people think there are but I can tell you the answer to all of them.

If this is true, one thing is really sad.

I already didn't think they used saves from ME1 in ME2 enough ... basically, what people you left to die in ME1 were just missing, making ME2 that much more empty. They conveniently forgot about Rachni, but they at least acknowledged you had a save game from before.

These assumed ME3 endings however have EXACTLY 0 connection to any kind of past.
Save game or no save game, they completely ignored the complexity of dual saved games (ME1 and ME2) and just force a fixed cannon ending onto you, only influenced by ME3.

How do Rachni influence the end, who never seemed to need relays to travel in space? What about people you save? People you sacrificed? Will the fact you killed everyone in ME2 because you gave them wrong jobs matter?

No. It will not matter at all. Maybe some dialogue will change a bit, that's it. Rachni queen left for Andromeda apparently. The Geth are on vacation. Liara is back and if you didn't buy DLC you will freaking wonder why.

They coped out on design complexity but the PR rolled like they took no shortcuts. Doctors my ass, they only have a PhD in dishonest marketing.

Well to be honest it does suck that your decisions from previous games are just thrown away. But, part of me thinks this is just trolling from Bioware or EA. but, what ever the case what I hope for is an engaging and exciting story that will give this series an ending in whatever why you played is an satisfactory one

So apparently the BSN just instituted a new policy where being mean to people = banhammer.

Important update to site rules & code of conduct :

Effective immediately there is a zero tolerance policy on any form of abuse towards staff, moderators or other Community members.

Anyone posting a personal attack on staff, moderators or other Community members will, at the sole discretion of staff or moderators, be banned from the BioWare Social Network without notice and is no longer welcomed.

While we continue to value all of our customers and fans, participation in the BSN and engaging with staff and like-minded community members is - to be abundantly clear - a privilege, and not a right. Members may continue to discuss and critique our games and products in a civil manner, but any form of discussion targeted at an individual will not be tolerated. New and existing members who cannot adhere to the code of conduct, or maintain a civil demeanor at all times, are encouraged instead to contact customer support for any game related issues they may have.

We have made important changes to the Site Rules and Code of Conduct, and recommend that all our users review them by clicking on the link at the top of this notice. By continuing to use this site you are accepting the Site Rules and agree to follow these rules.

"And is no longer welcomed, [sic]" of course, likely means "is no longer welcome to play the games they bought from EA."

Kahunaburger:
So apparently the BSN just instituted a new policy where being mean to people = banhammer.

Effective immediately there is a zero tolerance policy on any form of abuse towards staff, moderators or other Community members.

Anyone posting a personal attack on staff, moderators or other Community members will, at the sole discretion of staff or moderators, be banned from the BioWare Social Network without notice and is no longer welcomed.

While we continue to value all of our customers and fans, participation in the BSN and engaging with staff and like-minded community members is - to be abundantly clear - a privilege, and not a right. Members may continue to discuss and critique our games and products in a civil manner, but any form of discussion targeted at an individual will not be tolerated. New and existing members who cannot adhere to the code of conduct, or maintain a civil demeanor at all times, are encouraged instead to contact customer support for any game related issues they may have.

We have made important changes to the Site Rules and Code of Conduct, and recommend that all our users review them by clicking on the link at the top of this notice. By continuing to use this site you are accepting the Site Rules and agree to follow these rules.

"And is no longer welcomed, [sic]" of course, likely means "is no longer welcome to play the games they bought from EA."

I don't believe that's because of this, more because it's about the Jennifer Hepler madness that sprang up a week ago or so.

AlternatePFG:

Kahunaburger:

I don't believe that's because of this, more because it's about the Jennifer Hepler madness that sprang up a week ago or so.

It's possible. My money's on a general trend towards anger at Bioware in general, including the Hepler thing, the ending controversy, and the (inevitable?) ME3 backlash.

Kahunaburger:
It's possible. My money's on a general trend towards anger at Bioware in general, including the Hepler thing, the ending controversy, and the (inevitable?) ME3 backlash.

True, but BSN has always been a hateful, whiny hellhole. They will literally complain about anything and lash out at the forum mods/developers with little provocation. I'm surprised this hasn't happened before.

I mean, it was pretty crazy with Dragon Age II before as well.

Mass Effect 3 has a very depressing ending?..............I might pay attention to this one after all.

SecretNegative:

Praetox:

My bet is on Garrus.

I'm hoping it's Tali so that I can laugh at a bunch of Talimancers and say I fucking called it.

wooty:
Mass Effect 3 has a very depressing ending?..............I might pay attention to this one after all.

It's honestly not that depressing if you do a good amount of sidequests and generally make Paragon choices. It's certainly bittersweet, but it's a lot happier than it has any right to be.

People who say this ending is a kick in the balls obviously having played any games with some real kick in the balls endings. Neverwinter Nights 2, anyone?

AlternatePFG:

Kahunaburger:

True, but BSN has always been a hateful, whiny hellhole. They will literally complain about anything and lash out at the forum mods/developers with little provocation. I'm surprised this hasn't happened before.

I mean, it was pretty crazy with Dragon Age II before as well.

Oh, they locked down most of their Dragon Age II forums after the backlash, and actually locked many people complaining out of their EA games. Many a tear was shed that day :D

Kahunaburger:
Oh, they locked down most of their Dragon Age II forums after the backlash, and actually locked many people complaining out of their EA games. Many a tear was shed that day :D

Well, many may be exaggerating it. I do remember stories of a few people getting banned from the forums and blocked from their games, but it wasn't like was whole swaths of people this happened too. Then again, it shouldn't have happened to anyone at all, but I digress.

Impotent fanboy tears are perfect sweetener for tea.

AlternatePFG:

Impotent fanboy tears are perfect sweetener for tea.

Trufax. Bioware's relationship with their community is an endless source of quality entertainment.

Anyone want links to the ending? It's floating around on Youtube now, though it's in tiny bits with no sound.

Bioware is trying to stop everyone spamming them on the facebook page: Hilarious.

Also: Joker's face....he's so frightened as it happens ;_;

Canadish:
Anyone want links to the ending? It's floating around on Youtube now, though it's in tiny bits with no sound.

Bioware is trying to stop everyone spamming them on the facebook page: Hilarious.

Also: Joker's face....he's so frightened as it happens ;_;

This pretty much confirms one of the several in the leaks, I am still hoping there is more than what was leaked.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked