Bioware forums explode as Mass Effect 3 ending details are leaked. *MINOR SPOILERS*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 18 NEXT

Canadish:
Anyone want links to the ending? It's floating around on Youtube now, though it's in tiny bits with no sound.

Bioware is trying to stop everyone spamming them on the facebook page: Hilarious.

Also: Joker's face....he's so frightened as it happens ;_;

I do! Send it on over in a PM or something.

EDIT: Never mind, it was already posted.

Allers: Shepard do I have to stay in starboard cargo?
Shepard: Look Allers I'm busy if there's a problem place a requisition order or talk to EDI-
Allers: It's just that the room has a lot of junk in it, like there was this grimy old rifle under this dirty cot...
Shepard: A rifle? What did you do with it...
Allers: Well I threw it out, Engineer Adams told me it was broken and was probably in there to be spaced with some of the other junk in the crates.
Shepard:......
Allers: Something wrong Shepard? It was just a shitty old rifle...

OKAY. BIOWARE IS JUST TROLLING THE FANBASE NOW.

GOD DAMMIT.

Jessie... ;_;

I've seen the videos now. A bunch have been uploaded. It's just as bad as first predicted. Seriously, guys, if you haven't already, cancel and wait for the reviews to come in. Or buy it used. It'll be cheap in a couple of weeks.

So there's one really happy ending, and lots of _____ Dies/Ends/Explodes endings? That makes sense, seeing how things have been set up. Fitting.

Eddie the head:
Depressing like inFAMOUS 2 good ending or depressing like Resistance 2 ending?

Awww...now I'm sad again. :(

Omnific One:
I've seen the videos now. A bunch have been uploaded. It's just as bad as first predicted. Seriously, guys, if you haven't already, cancel and wait for the reviews to come in. Or buy it used. It'll be cheap in a couple of weeks.

If I really cared that much about Mass Effect's story, I would have ditched the series around the time ME2 was released.

BehattedWanderer:
So there's one really happy ending, and lots of _____ Dies/Ends/Explodes endings? That makes sense, seeing how things have been set up. Fitting.

Eddie the head:

No, there is no really good ending. The best one is almost impossible to achieve on a first play through and is depressing at best.

AlternatePFG:

Omnific One:

If I really cared that much about Mass Effect's story, I would have ditched the series around the time ME2 was released.

Did you reply to the right person?

Supposing you did, I would love to know why you bought ME2 for. The gameplay?

AlternatePFG:

Omnific One:

DOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

The forums are in full Bannu mode right now as well. Poor Stanly Woo can't keep up with all the nasty mean trolls.

Omnific One:

AlternatePFG:

Omnific One:

Yeah, I was talking to you, mostly over the idea that just over a (admittedly stupid) ending, people should just straight up not buy the game.

ME2 had some really well done companions, and almost all of the loyalty missions were again, really well done, but the main plot of the game went straight down the path of poor writing. I found ME2 to be a pretty fun game to play too, if you skipped all the mining and extraneous bullshit.

By no means does that make ME2 a great game and I'm certainly not a fan of Mass Effect or BioWare in general, but I enjoyed the game for it was, warts and all.

I think I'll base my decision whether or not to buy on the reviews of the finished product and not a minute long clip of an explosion.

SajuukKhar:

Madman123456:
snip

Besides all your squad memebrs leaving on that shuttle for that mission there aren't any real plotholes in the ME games.

I know people think there are but I can tell you the answer to all of them.

Ok, if you're actually offering, one I can't find any explanation for is why, after visiting the four main plot point planets, everyone takes it for granted that Saren is going to attack the Citadel.

The Asari councilor says Shepard believes it.
Shepard apparently does believe it, but thinks that the Conduit plays some key role.

But at no point anywhere prior does Shepard express such a belief or arrive at a reason for believing it. All of the major plot point planets are about finding the location of the Conduit in some way or another. For all you know, at that point of the game, the Conduit could be the key to allowing the Reapers back instead of the Citadel and Saren doesn't plan on going anywhere near it.

Canadish:

The forums are in full Bannu mode right now as well. Poor Stanly Woo can't keep up with all the nasty mean trolls.

The funny thing is that they can't even call people trolls anymore without being bannu.

Omnific One:

BehattedWanderer:

Eddie the head:

No, there is no really good ending. The best one is almost impossible to achieve on a first play through and is depressing at best.

Because an epic Space Opera sans the singing fat lady about the periodic metaphorical plowing of a galactic garden to sow new seeds for next year is supposed to be happy for the plants currently alive?

To be fair a bad ending is hardly that surprising, although considering the past two games have been about overcoming the impossible so i would have expected at least 1 good ending (which i'm sure there will be), especially considering the fact that they keep saying there thinking about an mmo so they'd need to have some sort of good ending rather than all doom and gloom.

In the end it doesn't particularly bother me.

Hmm... This whole thing is feeling like Ultima 9 happening all over again. That is a terrible feeling.

Awesome studio pumps out awesome content > EA acquires studio > studio becomes progressively worse > Studio releases a game that alienates their entire fanbase > Studio gets axed by EA.

Hopefully those last two won't happen to Bioware though...
Why does everything you touch die EA?

BehattedWanderer:

Omnific One:

BehattedWanderer:

Because an epic Space Opera sans the singing fat lady about the periodic metaphorical plowing of a galactic garden to sow new seeds for next year is supposed to be happy for the plants currently alive?

I am impressed that you were about to successfully pull off that metaphor. Bravo.

devotedsniper:
To be fair a bad ending is hardly that surprising, although considering the past two games have been about overcoming the impossible so i would have expected at least 1 good ending (which i'm sure there will be), especially considering the fact that they keep saying there thinking about an mmo so they'd need to have some sort of good ending rather than all doom and gloom.

In the end it doesn't particularly bother me.

Well, glad it doesn't bother you, because there is no good ending.

AlternatePFG:

Omnific One:

AlternatePFG:

Yeah, I was talking to you, mostly over the idea that just over a (admittedly stupid) ending, people should just straight up not buy the game.

ME2 had some really well done companions, and almost all of the loyalty missions were again, really well done, but the main plot of the game went straight down the path of poor writing. I found ME2 to be a pretty fun game to play too, if you skipped all the mining and extraneous bullshit.

By no means does that make ME2 a great game and I'm certainly not a fan of Mass Effect or BioWare in general, but I enjoyed the game for it was, warts and all.

If you appreciated the companions, do not buy ME3. The ending for the companions is forced, and it is not a good one.

The Bioware forums. Things are happening to it now which should not be talked about. Luckily I have found an image that accurately depicts the current state of the Bioware fanbase

They seem to be in the middle of a war.

Omnific One:

BehattedWanderer:

Omnific One:

I am impressed that you were about to successfully pull off that metaphor. Bravo.

Hooray for mixed metaphors. Though, I will admit that the endings seem a bit shallow, from the synopses. On the bright side, it doesn't seem like there's too many "Shepard Fails" options, where the Reapers win out. Though, maybe that's just the "Game Over" screen...

Canadish:
Allers: Shepard do I have to stay in starboard cargo?
Shepard: Look Allers I'm busy if there's a problem place a requisition order or talk to EDI-
Allers: It's just that the room has a lot of junk in it, like there was this grimy old rifle under this dirty cot...
Shepard: A rifle? What did you do with it...
Allers: Well I threw it out, Engineer Adams told me it was broken and was probably in there to be spaced with some of the other junk in the crates.
Shepard:......
Allers: Something wrong Shepard? It was just a shitty old rifle...

OKAY. BIOWARE IS JUST TROLLING THE FANBASE NOW.

GOD DAMMIT.

Jessie... ;_;

Thank god you can kick her off the ship.

Apparently, all the endings, including ZE' BEST ENDING isn't better then the worst possible ending. Of course the real Good ending can only be obtained on New Game+ which feels like a even bigger sell out to make their game seem longer to get your shep the best ending.

I'm still hoping that EA doesn't turn a profit and Bioware some how stays alive, just so EA learns they can't pull 'From Ashes' on other games.

Next bit is on the ending that we know of:

Omnific One:
If you appreciated the companions, do not buy ME3. The ending for the companions is forced, and it is not a good one.

I know the ending, and I know what happens to Shepard's crew, but I still want to see how their character arc plays out.

Even if the entire singleplayer's writing (Story, characters and all that) turns out to be a wash, from what I played, the multiplayer in the demo was still pretty fun.

My real complaint about the companions in ME3 is the lack of pretty much any of the new ME2 characters being permanent party members. It's pretty obvious that BioWare had to do something on the account of most of them possibly being dead, but they honestly raised expectations way too high in the "Your actions have consequences" regard.

AlternatePFG:

Omnific One:

AlternatePFG:

and ME 1 was just a freaking Rehash of SRTOR, which was a Rehash of Baldurs Gate, Im still hoping the Execution of the Rehash is at least enjoyable.

Its so weird, i'm sitting here...sorta feeling "no comment, i reserve judgement til all facts come to light..."

Wait wait this sounds more like "if you happen to fuck it all up" ending

Dandark:
The Bioware forums. Things are happening to it now which should not be talked about. Luckily I have found an image that accurately depicts the current state of the Bioware fanbase

SPOILERS FOR THE SPOILER GOD

BANS FOR THE BAN THRONE

Dandark:

Oh, it's only gonna get worse. Once this thing actually goes public, there will be hell to pay.

Caffeine_Bombed:
Say the crew sacrifices themselves to save the Universe, that I could live with.

Not having read any of the spoilers, I could live with the entire crew having to sacrifice themselves. But if Shepard has to sacrifice himself it's fucking Matrix Revolutions all over again and SOMEBODY is getting kicked in the nuts.

Hey, this is EA after all, 'Fans' of the ME series (And in my personal, utterly biased opinion, anyone who stayed a fan after ME2 came out should go out and shoot themselves), should consider themselves lucky that they get an ending at all, rather than having to wait for 'Ending DLC' available at the reasonable price of 10 to see the ending at all.

Actually, thinking about it, I wouldn't be at all surprised if this isn't the true, final ending and an 'Epilogue DLC' eventually becomes available to buy to experience the 'True ending'

Mass Effect is supposed to have multiple endings though. What if the ending that got leaked was just one of many possible endings?

Cry me a river. Did you SEE the horde of Reapers headed for earth? Even if one standard earth battleship could take on one of them and win, they'd still be outnumbered. Nevermind how many it took to kill sovereign. A happy ending would just be patronizing and blatantly defy realism.

Adam Jensen:
Mass Effect is supposed to have multiple endings though. What if the ending that got leaked was just one of many possible endings?

They've ALL been leaked.

Scripts
Pics
Vids

All of it.

There are 3 endings, with variations based on how much you filled up your Galaxy bar.

The 3 endings are visualized by what colour the relays go, to keep the spoilers vague...

Christ, it's not even funny anymore. I could look back and laugh at how much of a joke DAII was on released. But bloody hell it's just pathetic now, ME3 was going to be my last Bioware game for ages, this kind of sells it.

Ehh... Glad I decided not to preorder and wait for a price drop before I buy ME3. If I buy it at all. Bioware's writing has been going downhill for years, the last good storyline they wrote was ME1. And even then, I've not been able to bring myself to care about any characters beyond Joker, Liara, and Tali. I might still pick it up, but for me the canon Mass Effect plot ended with the destruction of Sovereign.

I don't really see what people expected from the ending.

It is exactly what I thought it was gonna be.

The entire message of the game is self-sacrifice so that others can live.

My Main problem with the Game is the fact that no matter what you do or what happens.

My Shep will not be with mai waifu /joke

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked