HD: What do you want to see?

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

So with several games getting the HD makeover (Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Jet Set Radio to name a few) I was wondering what games people really wanted to see all tarted-up for the current gen consoles. Do you even want to see the classics in HD? Would you rather play these games in their original form? Discuss!

Just to start things off: I'd quite like to see the Legacy of Kain series all shiny and new.

I wouldn't mind a HD remake of the original Spyro and Crash trilogies. And I remember seeing somewhere a fan-made remake of Sonic being done in HD but it was cancelled due to Sega intervening which I suppose is fair enough, it is their property after all.

I do predict that Deus Ex will be said a lot as well, which I definitely wouldn't mind either.

I'd like a HD of some older RPG's, maybe black&white, dungeon keeper.

+ OT: noticed your new, welcome incase no-ones said it :)

I just want the Zone of the Enders HD games to come out already. They look like really good games.

Confidingtripod:
I'd like a HD of some older RPG's, maybe black&white, dungeon keeper.

+ OT: noticed your new, welcome incase no-ones said it :)

No one has, so thank you! =)

And yeah B&W would be good to see, or at least a new installment.

^^ Have they announced Z.O.E HD or is that just on your wish list? That would be awesome.

Timesplitters HD Collection.

Make it happen Crytek.

I would pay top dollar for an HD remake of The Longest Journey like Broken Sword and Monkey Island received. Grim Fandango as well!... Oh, and Sam & Max: Hit The Road. Any of those three would be a guaranteed purchase from me.

Andy Shandy:
I wouldn't mind a HD remake of the original Spyro and Crash trilogies. And I remember seeing somewhere a fan-made remake of Sonic being done in HD but it was cancelled due to Sega intervening which I suppose is fair enough, it is their property after all.

I do predict that Deus Ex will be said a lot as well, which I definitely wouldn't mind either.

This. Especially for Spyro. Also, Jet Grind Radio and Jet Set Radio Future!

Obligatory Final Fantasy VII

System Shock 1 and 2. I have no hope of this.

So many games to choose from... lestīs go with my five choices:
1. Final Fantasy IX
2. Lufia 2 Rise of the Sinnistrals
3.Lufia and the Fortress of Doom
4. Final Fantasy VI
5. Castlevania IV

Wouldnt mind a HD remake of some Baldurs Gate games or Planescape: Torment. Mainly because it would be much less of a hassle to get those games working properly on Windows 7 with a non-crappy resolution.

Rome Total War would probably top my list. Though it would have some stiff competition from Grim Fandango, Baldur's Gate, Dungeon Keeper 2 and Populous: The Beginning.

Ratchet and Clank HD and Pokemon Snap HD (that or a freaking Pokemon Snap sequel, maybe if I keep saying it, Nintendo will take the bloody hint!)

Caffeine_Bombed:

Just to start things off: I'd quite like to see the Legacy of Kain series all shiny and new.

THIS.
SO MUCH.
As for my own selection, Shadow of the Colossus, Devil May Cry and Kingdom Hearts are allready getting remade, and I doubt there will be a second Okami remake, so i cant really think of anything.

Like you said Legacy of Kain.

And Lost Kingdoms 1 and 2 would be nice, then 3 maybee??

and Need for Speed, Underground, U2 and Most Wanted. Though I don't know if thats a viable choice given the older car models and what not.

Legacy of Kain series and The Legend of Dragoon would be awesome to see get some love.

Mechassault 1 and 2.

I just want them in HD so that they make them again.

Scizophrenic Llama:
Legacy of Kain series and The Legend of Dragoon would be awesome to see get some love.

Legend of Dragoon would be great to see again. A few of the rarer ones could do with a re-release actually:
Suikoden
Parasite Eve
And I'm not sure how rare it is these days but Vagrant Story too.

I'd like a HD remake of Syndicate in the original isometric setting. but fat chance of that ever happening

kyosai7:

Andy Shandy:

This. Especially for Spyro. Also, Jet Grind Radio and Jet Set Radio Future!

Obligatory Final Fantasy VII

Well you see, I had a small orgasm when I saw that PS3 trailer for FFVII and a small fit of rage when Square-Enix said it was just to show off their capabilities. They could have made a little fake trailer for ANY game. But no, they had to go for the nut shot.
Anyway, I don't think I'd want it anymore. I cried salty tears of sadness when I played Final Fantasy XIII (yes, I'm one of the 'haters') and I believe the series cannot be saved.
If they released VII, in it's original form for download with the rough edges smoothed out, then that would be ok. But to completely remake it with current gen graphics etc, with their bollocks new fighting system, would be herecy.

I want an HD remake of Majora's Mask on the 3DS.

Actually, scratch that. It doesn't have to be HD. Just a port.

Metal Gear Solid, Legacy of Kain, System Shock. Man can only dream...

Dethenger:

You mean like the one that is currently available on the Wii Marketplace?

Dethenger:

Sadly i read somewhere that the next Zelda game for 3DS is unlikely to be Majora's Mask (according to nintendo) but keep the faith.

Nearly every1 has already named games i want done in HD and since i just bought the Jak and Daxter HD collection i'm set for a while just waitin on JSRF HD.

CoL0sS:
Metal Gear Solid, Legacy of Kain, System Shock. Man can only dream...

For Metal Gear Solid there was Twin Snakes on the Gamecube. People tend to be quite mixed about that. Personally I thought it was ace.

Everyone always mentions FFVII in threads like these, personally,
I WOULD F*CKING LOVE A FINAL FANTASY VIII REMAKE!

You'd only understand my love for it if you were me. It is my favourite game of all time!

Dansen:
I just want the Zone of the Enders HD games to come out already. They look like really good games.

Well Konami announced today that there's gonna be a HD collection including both games.

Sometime this autumn, I believe.

Kotor I and II come to mind, though I doubt they would do one for both (or any considering how little LucasArts cares).

How about a re-optimized release of ME1 for the 360? I'd love to play through that game minus the awful screen tearing, fps drops, etc.

super mario 64, that would be intresting.

To go with a currently popular thread, I'd like to see Baldurs Gate 2 remade with better animation, graphics, bugfixes but still an isometric viewstyle!

I think what I want to see has already been said; Crash Bandicoot and Timesplitters. I guess something like a HD remake of Strider 1 & 2 would be cool.

octafish:
System Shock 1 and 2. I have no hope of this.

This. SS2 won't play on ANY of my computers (old comp is too old, current comp and laptop are too new) and I have given up on getting it to. And SS1 is just unplayable. Streamline the UI and actually explain the cyberspace parts and it could be great.

Andrew Pate:
I'd like a HD remake of Syndicate in the original isometric setting. but fat chance of that ever happening

It wouldn't even have to be HD for me. Fix up the sound issues a bit (When your guys say "selected" is slightly painful), and add some keyboard shortcuts to raise those bars. (and not just the panic button)

One that hasn't been said (And I think it's because we ARE getting one made by Firaxis iirc): X-Com: UFO Defense
Again, it wouldn't even have to be HD for me, just add some small touches like...

Troop Order in the Skyranger
Equipment that stays set between missions
No unavoidable "Easy Mode" glitch

Ratchet & Clank. If they throw in R&C2 and 3 as well that'd be great, but I mainly want the first game.
Just do it, already!!!!

Gorilla Gunk:
Timesplitters HD Collection.

Make it happen Crytek.

YES YES! If not a sequal than this at least please! :)
Maybe add some online functionality and it would be solid gold.

HD Remakes of Homeworld and Homeworld : Cataclysm.

Not much hope of this...

BUT I CAN DREAM DAMMIT.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked