What Kind of MMO do you desire?

Pages PREV 1 2

Najos:
I really want a sandbox game to not only release, but be successful enough to continue development and fill up a server. I'd like to see a classless character creation system, where skills are learned as you use them or something similar. So everyone can have access to everything, but in limited amounts (Think Skyrim, but more advanced and with more skills related to crafting and such). No predetermined factions, no instancing of areas (as in, multiple instances of the same zone), and...yeah, there's more, but I'd settle for just that stuff.

Thats what I would like to see. No class system, no levels, but most improtantly, no story.

Now, what I mean by this is that there isnt some major story line. There is no meta-based goal for you to go for while playing, the only goal for you is to accomplish what you yourself want to accomplish. Want to become a master thief with your own guild, become a thief, find some other like minded thieves, make a guild, boom, you win. Want to have a house and family and live a quite life (maybe with the ocassional dragon slaying) boom, you can do all that. Basically, I want a game like sKyrim and oblivion, but without the main story quest line.

Pokemon MMO : D

Woudn't that be awesome?

Basically EvE online but with space fighter style combat instead of..whatever you can call what is currently has..

Pretty much all i want in a MMO is Star Trek Online.

-F2P(Doesn't alienate those who don't by the extra currency)
-Spaceships!
-Really Good Character & Ship customisation
-The Game often gives out free stuff (Free ship at Lv10 f.e.)
-Piss easy to play with freinds (Simple Team thing)
-The Story isn't actually half bad, Pretty fun solo or with a freind.
-(Probably the best part...)Choosable ship names. This is just awesome. The U.S.S Bacon is my pride and joy.
-Ground combats pretty fun (Except fully auto weapons are not...)

But yea, Spaceships duuuuudee!

Infinity

^ If it ever comes out, of course. Apparently there is an investor now so it may well happen in a few years or so.

ResonanceSD:
Space based. That isn't TOR.

Basically "Bigger Freelancer"

Now that's worth donating a kidney or two! *salute*

Loop Stricken:
One in which I meet a girl, we fall in love, and live together in happiness for the rest of our days. In real life.

I know it happens, but why won't it happen for ME?!

I agree, Why won't it happen for Mass Effect?
Oh wait!

I'm still holding out for The Secret World. Even if the gameplay find itself lacking, the subject matter alone should keep me interested for quite some time.

Star Wars... basically TOR, but toss almost every MMO standard it adopted out the window in favor of Star Wars D20.

-No more hit points. Vitality/wound system.
-No more in combat/out of combat malarkey. Your vitality regeneration is your vitality regeneration. You can rest or use stims to speed it up trying to rest in combat is a very bad idea, but you're free to try. Wound regeneration isn't a thing, you require medical attention at that point.
-No more magical stat boosters on equipment, just better/more efficient/more accurate output on higher grade weapons. Most equipment choices would involve different weapon applications, not levels of power.
-have servers with TOR's current death system in place, but also servers with a by-the-SWD20-book, perma-death possible incapacitation system. That's where I'd be playing.
-A really crappy homemade speeder consisting of a weak-ish repulsorlift strapped to a chair can hit 90kph and fly over treetops in Star Wars lore. TOR's speeders would be more accurately represented by tauntauns and other similar domesticated mounts. Make one or the other happen.
-Also, you can't keep a speeder or domesticated animal in your datapad... but such things do fit on light freighter-sized ships. Food for thought.

I realize my idea would dry up servers full of gamers who can't stand a little inconvenient internal consistency in gaming... but this is about dreams.

tacotrainwreck:

ResonanceSD:
Space /based. That isn't TOR.

Basically "Bigger Freelancer"

Now that's worth donating a kidney or two! *salute*

There was Jumpgate Evolution but something, somewhere, went very bad. Such a shame as the game was quite far advanced too, hardly vapourware... there's just no alternative out there. Love this thread on the forums; http://us.jumpgateevolution.com/forums/read.php?5,5120,page=3 including the following from a (former?) employee

No, no, not like that at all.

The apocalypse has come and gone, and the lone cowboy has ridden up to a deserted radio station that still has power. He takes the mike, and broadcasts hopes and dreams into the sky. Somewhere, someone is listening, and taking heart in the realization that there are still people who care enough to dream.

:(

Some big developer buy the IP and project, it will sell!

WanderingFool:

Najos:
I really want a sandbox game to not only release, but be successful enough to continue development and fill up a server. I'd like to see a classless character creation system, where skills are learned as you use them or something similar. So everyone can have access to everything, but in limited amounts (Think Skyrim, but more advanced and with more skills related to crafting and such). No predetermined factions, no instancing of areas (as in, multiple instances of the same zone), and...yeah, there's more, but I'd settle for just that stuff.

Thats what I would like to see. No class system, no levels, but most improtantly, no story.

Now, what I mean by this is that there isnt some major story line. There is no meta-based goal for you to go for while playing, the only goal for you is to accomplish what you yourself want to accomplish. Want to become a master thief with your own guild, become a thief, find some other like minded thieves, make a guild, boom, you win. Want to have a house and family and live a quite life (maybe with the ocassional dragon slaying) boom, you can do all that. Basically, I want a game like sKyrim and oblivion, but without the main story quest line.

Oh, for sure. I sort of left that out. I wouldn't mind some small sub plots centered around towns and such, maybe a civil war or something, monsters attacking a town, etc. I want there to be at least an NPC environment to interact with, but the idea of a main plot line for MMOs is lame to me. I'm really tired of it, actually.

An idea I've always liked that I've seen batted around a few times is the idea of being able to "spy" on people. It would be awesome if you could train the ability to listen in on whispers or read other people's mail and such. That would certainly add a cool element into PvP between guilds, especially if there was any kinda of system for controlling parts of the world or keeps. Of course, the entire concept of spying is only really viable if everyone is limited to one character per server.

EVE: Casual Edition
- Losing your ship/clone has less impact, no corp backstabbing/bank-ninjaing (I realize that basically takes away the whole idea of what EVE is, but that's why i've never gotten into it)
- With the controls/ability to actually fly your ship instead of merely ordering destinations.
- Tied with the above, more involved varied quests then just "go there, shoot that dude" and "carry cargo from A to B"

WoW: Burning Crusade/Wrath of the Lich King
- Well, I don't want a content re-hash, but almost everything about those expansions was great gameplay and story wise. Then cata came along like a wrecking ball and destroyed all that was fun about WoW.
- Great Villains, a healthy plethora of raid content, challenging while still offering stuff for casual players, amazing single player zones and quests, etc etc. Cata came along and offered about half the content for the same price... And the content that was offered was 90% re-hashed vanilla stuff, and ruined a lot of the abilities and synergies that made raiding fun.

Guild Wars 2
- Well, at least I hope so. Must always wait until something is out before it can be fully judged. /crosses fingers.

lRookiel:
A Zombie MMO, that does it right!

Dead frontier is fine but not really what I'm after.

What I want is a MMO that focuses on survival, stealth, hunkering down, finding supplies and other players to join your survival group. The walking dead made MMO would be perfect...

pretty much sums up my kind of MMO. The kind that'll eat half of my life :D

Screw MMO's. I'd rather have games that try to replicate d&d in a MP fashion. (small party based games like NWN)

Not thousands of ppl running around all over the fuckin place.

MMO's just exploit the juvenile desire to flaunt dressed up characters in an attempt to gain some kind of online "cred" or gain attention from players with inferior equipment.

What do I look for in an MMO? Hmmm, that is easy, something I have yet to find in one like, actual physics and hit detection based attacks rather than randomized stat based melee brawls.

But this may be finally it.

Seishisha:
Im tempted to say Guildwars 2 and leave it at that, but if this a hypothetical topic then, idealy a game that makes best possible use of the main feature that mmo's have over single player games, that is the multiplayer, give me some incentive to quest with random people instead of just ignoring invites, give me a reason to pvp other than just because i can, let me open my own shop and sell things to people instead of going to a vendor npc, let the player's give me personal quests instead of killing a hundred boars for an npc that wont care. I could probably go on but i wont.

Najos:

both of these.a world thats alive where players can be shopkeepers, warriors, wizards, blacksmiths, run a mercenary company, be a farmer, run a merchant caravan a world where the animals and npc's have needs and wants, where they learn.

I want the kind of MMO that is exactly like Guild Wars 2, except already done and released today.

The Warhammer 40k one that's (hopefully) coming out in a year or two.

Nothing else.

My idea of the perfect MMO is heavily influenced by the first one I ever played: Star Wars Galaxies. In short, sandbox as opposed to theme park, lots of gameplay options open to the player that aren't related to combat (PVE, PVP, end-game raids, even crafting are all combat or for the purpose of getting an edge in combat), and lots of character customization options. Not just during character creation either I mean, I don't want everyone of the same class to be wearing the same armor by the end game. Star Wars Galaxies had a really interesting system where you could get clothing of various styles of varying worth depending on aesthetics and I guess crafting requirements alone with no stat increases whatsoever. The way that armor and clothing worked compared to modern MMOs is something like Morrowind vs Skyrim and Oblivion, which allowed for some really unique looking characters.

I like SWTOR so far, most of the problems are the same ones that existed with WoW.

It would be impossible to ever create a proper online version of Final Fantasy Tactics, but a game that let you be one soldier using a similar class system and dark Middle Ages setting/plot would work for me- I'm also a fan of the books of Bernard Cornwell, some of which are similarly cuthroat and brutal. When you're in a party of four or five players you'd typically run into groups of five enemies of various classes or monsters who work together, just like you're supposed to do. Though it wouldn't do to use the same names and costumes, analogous classes with different names should be included for:

Knight
Monk
White Mage
Black Mage
Thief
Red Mage
Gambler
Geomancer
Summoner (Huge but slow area spells)
Oracle (Status Ailments)
Dancer (Gradual stat decreases that affect enemies no matter where they are)
Bard (Gradual stat increases that affect allies no matter where they are)
Time Mage

Basically I want a lot more strategy in my MMORPG. Working it into real-time isn't easy, but no one but me would put up with turn-based.

I'd like something set in the far future so it has cool technology, but the people have regressed and don't really understand it. With fanatical religions based around gods who are all too real on hellish planets set across the galaxy. Maybe you'd be able to play as someone who likes to investigate, someone who likes to inquire, you might say an Inquisitor. Or maybe you want to be a marine, but in space, they could call that character something cool, like I don't know, a Space Marine.

If Adidas become responsible for this not happening, I will hunt them down.

Why, the very MMO I desire is in production right now.

It's called Infinity universe. It's freaking sexy, but still in very early stages.

Full loot PvP, fantasy themed, a modicum of production quality and polish.

All i want.

Personally, I enjoy the classic fantasy MMO with elves and medieval weaponry such as bows and arrows.
However regardless, if an MMO is made well I could enjoy any genre I just lean more towards fantasy.

I was going to say "none because I don't like MMOs" then run away while giggling to myself then I realized I always associate the letters 'MMO' with 'RPG' so, that being said here's my ideal MMO:

You chose at the very beginning which you like more, Red or Blue. After that you're assigned the color-coded planet of your choice. After that you're dropped into a ship and sent to the other planet in hopes of destroying it. Or you can stay at your desired planet to protect it from the hundreds of thousands of player-controls ships coming your way to destroy your planet. So there we have it: You can paint it up to resemble Star Wars and add in Star Destroyers to destroy if you want it to make money but what I'm basically looking for is a multiplayer version of the Battlefront 2 Space Combat bits only where the player cap per team is in the quadruple digits.

a offical pokemon MMO with wild starters and all regions

or a friendship is magic MMO as I'm pretty sure hell will freeze over before nintendo makes one..
oh wait someone is making the second one I guess I am all set then xD

http://www.equestriaonline.com/

One that doesn't involve other players.

...oh wait.

A zombie / survival MMO, a really good one. Possibly set in modern day on earth, each server being in different capital cities. A certain number of people limited to a city, say....200? depending on how big the cities are of course. You start of in completely random areas of the city when you make a character so even if you have friends, you can't start off in a group with a good team of people you know. You could get together with other people to build or defend some kind of headquarters but you need to constantly maintain it and yourselves so it will fall apart if it's either too big or there's not enough people help out.

In the open world you can kill other people for their supplies or chose to work as a team, maybe even communicate with the other cities (servers) to try to find out some kind of plan across the globe to work on the zombie problem. Just some ideas that seem cool, I don't know how well this would really work though.

SWTOR is as close to perfect as an MMO has been for me. All my problems with it lie with the typical RPG/MMO grind that have become accepted as the norm. I'd make the following changes if I could:

- Quick travel should have a 1 minute cooldown, not 30 minutes.
- All quests should be allowed to cash in via holocall with items going to your mail box.
- Mail box and auction house access should be on your ship.
- Mounts should be far more forgiving in terms of dodging mobs to get you to your destination without countless battles en route.
- All characters should start the game with sprint
- Mounts should be available to players around level 18 as area's become rather large by then.
- Mounts should increase your speed by about 500-1000%, not 90-110%. Allow the speeds to be adjustable by the player if they find it to fast.

I feel like the only one here who genuinely is excited for The Secret World...
-ARG style investigation missions
-Modern Day
-Classless
-Levelless
-Everything is True
-Minecraft-esque crafting
-Much much more
-You can play as an Illuminati

What's not to love?

Filiecs:
I feel like the only one here who genuinely is excited for The Secret World...
-ARG style investigation missions
-Modern Day
-Classless
-Levelless
-Everything is True
-Minecraft-esque crafting
-Much much more
-You can play as an Illuminati

What's not to love?

I'm pretty excited for this too, but I hope it's not going to be a let down in game play, or get old too fast. I think the thing I like most is that it's going to be modern day, and not fantasy style.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked