Self Imposed ME3 media blackout (NO SPOILERS!)

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, ME3 is springing leaks left right and center, hell Bioware's security has got more holes in it than the average P47 Thunderbolt (look it up). First there was the early script, then there was from ashes and now I hear that the actually ending is kicking around the internet someone. That's it, I've been going out of my way to avoid this game being spoiled but now it's just too much. Already several minor things I don't feel like going into have been ruined for me so from now on I'm going to be avoiding any discussion involving ME3 until I've purchased it and beaten it, maybe twice.

What about you? What's your view on all these links and how are you responding?

PLEASE POST NO SPOILERS!

Also before you say anything, I made this thread because there is no thread about this, so can we skip the "oh look it's this thread again" joke? It got old a long time ago.

EDIT: Yes yes I know that this has been going on for awhile, but a recent thread on this website informed me that the actually ending had been leaked, and that's where I drew the line.

I'm ignoring everything until I play the game.

The Endings were in the original Leaks,

The DLC was announced since the CE was announced and teh Leaks already had info about the DLC character, if you wanted a media blackout you should have been avoiding everything ME3 since june last year.

Only really read the topics that were being really stupid angry about the dlc (without really going to deep into what the dlc is about(although to me it reads a lot like the zaeed dlc for MA 2). What i really found surprising was people canceling their collector's edition because of this. I find it weird because it is IN the CE.

Everything else i want to enjoy the game as it is and try to avoid spoilers(well since march mayem starts around the same time good reason to avoid the forums for a bit).

From now on i will ignore every ME3 topic (well except this one). Whatever the end will be i will like it.

This game has been spoiled too much ... why can't people just keep things like that for themselves

Anything I know about the game is only the companions people were complaining about, the DLC, and the demo. Hoping to avoid anything else.

Dude, the leaks have been around for how long now? A full year? Bit late.

All I know is that at least one ending will have the reapers winning then 'The End', another has Shepard sacrificing himself to defeat the reapers then 'The End' and then another has Shepard winning, alive, then 'The End' and an epilogue after.

I'm just happy to see all the endings not being the classic "And they all lived happily ever after. The end" ending, you can't finish the game without having some heavy losses, it being a single, much loved character or an entire army.

Well, it seems some people forgot about that day-one DLC. Myself included, until I read this thread. So... did the Prothean had anything to do with the ending? I really need to know. (A simple, one-word answer would be nice)

The Wykydtron:
Y'know anyone with half a brain could decipher what's in that spoiler box by your further statements right? Just saiyan...

Very well.

I know a lot more than I'd like, given that I asked a friend about the leaks and they said 'Yeah, its horrible, I mean now I know that...' and went on to list about half the story before I could stop them. I managed to avoid the endings though, so at least thats saved for me.
Anyway, good luck with your blackout. I never manage mine, always give in to the need to know before I can finish the game. Maybe you'll find it easier because there's only a couple of days left.

i think you are a little late to "media blackout" yourself. If one is really into a game that doesn't want to be spoiled, one leaves the internet a few months before the game is given a release date and comes back a few weeks after finnishing the game.

though you may miss a few reasons why the game may not be very good.

HEADS UP!

The Ending Vids are about to hit youtube

boag:
HEADS UP!

WHAT!? Oh you have GOT to be kidding me, this is the crap that I'm talking about. That's it I'm going offline right now, see you sometime after March 6th.

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Not everyone has read the leaks even if they are a year old. I for one do not know the leaks nor want to. The problem is at the moment that you can not even open up an me topic without tripping over the open spoilers

Aerosteam 1908:
All I know is that at least one ending-

(I personally don't think these are spoilers above but you know how annoyed people get when reading something they didn't want to)

I'm just happy to see all the endings not being the classic "And they all lived happily ever after. The end" ending, you can't finish the game without having some heavy losses, it being a single, much loved character or an entire army.

Well, it seems some people forgot about that day-one DLC. Myself included, until I read this thread. So... did the Prothean had anything to do with the ending? I really need to know. (A simple, one-word answer would be nice)

Y'know anyone with half a brain could decipher what's in that spoiler box by your further statements right? Just saiyan...

Anyway, my "media blackout" just means no visits to any forums (besides maybe this one) and no internetz between the 6th and the 9th and most definitely no 4chan.

Some non-European person will make a thread titled "So about X in ME3" or something similar and I, with my vast intellect will go "oh so X goes rogue or dies... Lovely"

4 days with no internet though. However shall I cope? I think a Persona 4 marathon is in order!

D Moness:

SmashLovesTitanQuest:

Not everyone has read the leaks even if they are a year old. I for one do not know the leaks nor want to. The problem is at the moment that you can not even open up an me topic without tripping over the open spoilers

Well, time to shut down your PC then.

that's it, I'm off to hibernate til next friday, I'll have to miss my husbands birthday, but if it means I avoid all spoilers... it'll be worth it!

Damn. I'm not getting off the internet, I've been lucky and smart enough to avoid any spoilers at all until this point, and I've got 5 days to go.

Ive been tryng to avoid the escapsit because of ME3

thankfully Havnt encountered many spoilers....but I still feel like I know too much

with all thease "leaks" I feel a little nervous now...must tread lightly

when the games comes out I am staying away...I want time to play it myself, form my own opinion before I expose myself to the rage of the internet

in other words I dont want it ruined for me..this is too big

*sigh* I feel a little sad that the days are gone where I was blissfully ignorant of thease things

boag:
HEADS UP!

Once they do, would you mind pointing me to them? I wanna see if the endings I've read are true or not.

I've done as much as I can to avoid spoilers about Mass Effect 3. So far I've been mildly successful, but not as much as I'd like.

It isn't helped by the fact that there are far too many leaks.

Considering last time I was excited about ME3 was sometime in September, and kept getting more and more meh'd since then due to developments, I'm not too bothered. Sure it's kinda douchebaggy to spoil before the thing is even released, but it doesn't matter to me.

I checked the Mass Effect wiki today to see if there were any new squad mates posted. Nothing. I must admit, I'm getting a little depressed looking at the roster. Glad Liara is back, but no one really has that, "Wow, can't wait to get HIM!" feeling to them.
I almost clicked to see if anything new had been added to the story, but I went, "No. You've waited this long. You can make it. You can make it. You can--okay fine, you can't make it. Quick, change to a different website before you cave!" And I did.
Honestly, we already knew the spoilers were coming. Even if the kept all the holes plugged and nothing leaked, they sent out early copies of the game. Sure, they launched them into the sky first, but the whole idea was that some people would get to play it early. And those people would certainly start talking about it as soon as they could.

Good for you!

And seriously good luck with your blackout, the way things are going I wouldn't be suprised if the TV networks start airing news bites about the FLAME and RAGE that's occurring on the net and Biowares forums.

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing.

I already know a bit more than I would like. Although, to be fair, that's mostly my own damn fault. Mostly.

So, without further ado... goodbye, cruel internet!

Irridium:

boag:
HEADS UP!

Once they do, would you mind pointing me to them? I wanna see if the endings I've read are true or not.

I made a thread about it, you might want to check it, it might be there still.

played the demo and i know about the from ashes dlc but yeah im avoiding the escapist until i have finished the game, as someone WILL post a thread with a spoiler in the title

Ed130:
Good for you!

And seriously good luck with your blackout, the way things are going I wouldn't be suprised if the TV networks start airing news bites about the FLAME and RAGE that's occurring on the net and Biowares forums.

Thank god i live in a country where there is a 0% change of that happening. Only time games are mentioned in the news is more or less when a minister is trying to get a law to ban ultra violent games(an idea that gets killed really fast). Last time that was around the release of Manhunter 2.

As for youtube i only visit that to play vids that are in my fav list. Mostly browse non gaming forums and normal webcomics so i should be safe.

Seems like everywhere I turn I'm getting slapped by spoilers. I've mostly managed to stay dry... Mostly.

I really don't want to lose the "OH SHIT" impact of major story points.

I mean, I'm dying to know the endings, but I'll sooner eat my dog than read them. I want to experience them... Even if they are as terrible as people say. Regardless, I'm sticking my fingers in my ears!

LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LA LA LA LA LA etc.

...I may just leave the internet till it's released. Good thing I'm not working next Tuesday. Have all day to play it.

Still isn't as bad as when half-blood prince was being spoilered. A lot of morons had used the spoiler in their signature (seen it on many forums).
Well march mayem and ME 3 fall more or less together so not a real loss to be less on this forum (or anywhere else).

I'm considering avoiding the internet until I beat the game. I've already had the DLC spoiled for me. :(

erttheking:
As I'm sure many of you have noticed, ME3 is springing leaks left right and center, hell Bioware's security has got more holes in it than the average P47 Thunderbolt (look it up).

I got that without looking it up. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing.

I've been avoiding as much ME3 news as I can and have been successful apart from learning the species of the DLC character. I haven't found it that hard, just avoid all threads discussing it (whoops) and stop reading news articles when the spoiler warnings popup.

I've decided not to read or view any thread/video that has anything to do with ME3.
... With the exception of this thread.

I don't understand why spoilers are so popular.
Essentially, it's like reading the ending of a book first, before starting from the beginning. Then you lose all sense of urgency and thrill, since you know exactly how it all ends anyway.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked