All Stardew Valley Update 1.6.3 Patch Notes

A pixel-art farm in Stardew Valley

Stardew Valley‘s latest patch is here, and while it’s not as game-changing as Update 1.6, it adds the odd feature or three. So, if you want to know just what’s new, here are all Stardew Valley Update 1.6.3 patch notes.

Recommended Videos

All Stardew Valley Update 1.6.3 Patch Notes

ConcernedApe may be working away on Haunted Chocolatier, but that hasn’t stopped him from doling out extra content and mechanics for Stardew Valley, the farming sim that put him on the map. This latest update adds a few new features, such as letting you paint the new cabins.

It also stops you from buying Ancient Seed Packets from traveling carts, which might seem a bit mean, but it makes sense that Joe Merchant would have them just lying around. And if you’ve missed out on a pet, you can adopt their fuzzy little selves. On top of that, the patch squashes a host of glitches and graphical oddities. Here’s everything Stardew Valley Update 1.63 fixes via the patch notes:

Stardew Valley 1.6.3 Update Patch Notes

• You can now access Clint’s shop and geode service while your tool is being upgraded.
  • Increased raccoon bug meat and bat wing request amount
  • Harvesting moss now grants 1 foraging exp per moss
  • Infinite Power achievement is now more generous with how it activates, allowing pre-1.6 saves to trigger the achievement
  • Adds mine cart shortcut to year 1 Spirit’s Eve festival
  • You now have to collect (not just donate) the 4 prismatic shards for the “Four Precious Stones” Qi Quest
  • The JunimoKart Qi Quest now rewards 20 Qi gems (up from 10}
  • Adds new cabins to starter layouts for multiplayer.
  • Starter cabins now appear in the actual order intended.
  • Adult mossy green rain trees boost the moss growth rate of nearby trees
  • If a Journal quest title is too wide, the clock icon and the rest of the text will be shifted down to make room
  • You can now press the Escape or menu button to “go back” on a shipping menu category page
  • Adjustments to moss growth (grows slower on sunny summer days, recovers slower after harvest)
  • Reduced meteorite prismatic shard chance (100% -> 25%)
  • You can now paint the new cabins (at 3rd upgrade level)
  • Ancient seed packets excluded from sale at traveling cart
  • Made waterfall and other ambient positional sounds fade out more smoothly
  • Added a catch-all case: if it’s year 2 and you don’t have a pet (for any reason), you can start adopting them from Marnie’s
  • Made berry bush state consistent overnight and on load (both at 20% plus a small new random bonus chance)
  • Minor graphical fixes
  • Fixes several translation errors and missing translations
  • Fixes large character sprites having a visual glitch (e.g. bear, island frog, clint hammering)
  • Fixed a visual error in the shop menu if an item’s name was longer than the width of the menu
  • Fix a crash related to the new festival
  • Fix a bug that was causing excess trash to be fished
  • Fixed bug preventing Emily’s 10 heart mail and event from triggering 2
  • Fixed some graphics issues with Shipping menu
  • Fixed several more spawn-out-of-bounds cases
  • Added Krobus portrait

And those are all Stardew Valley Update 1.6.3 patch notes. And if you’re stuck on the Books of Power quest, here’s how to beat it.

Stardew Valley 1.6 is available now.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article How to Evolve Inkay into Malamar
Image of the Pokemon Inkay with an arrow to its evolved form, Malamar
Read Article How to Stop Check Swings in MLB The Show 24
Adley Rutschman at bat in MLB The Show 24.
Read Article Should You Join the Goblins or Save the Grove in Baldur’s Gate 3 (BG3)
In typical RPG fashion, here are the pros and cons of whether you join the Goblins or save the Grove in Baldur's Gate 3 (BG3).
Related Content
Read Article How to Evolve Inkay into Malamar
Image of the Pokemon Inkay with an arrow to its evolved form, Malamar
Read Article How to Stop Check Swings in MLB The Show 24
Adley Rutschman at bat in MLB The Show 24.
Read Article Should You Join the Goblins or Save the Grove in Baldur’s Gate 3 (BG3)
In typical RPG fashion, here are the pros and cons of whether you join the Goblins or save the Grove in Baldur's Gate 3 (BG3).
Author
Chris McMullen
Freelance contributor at The Escapist. I've returned to writing about games after a couple of career changes, with my recent stint lasting five-plus years. I hope, through my writing work, to settle the karmic debt I incurred by persuading my parents to buy a Mega CD. Aside from writing for The Escapist, I also cover news and more for GameSpew. I've also been published at other sites including VG247, Space, and more. My tastes run to horror, the post-apocalyptic, and beyond, though I'll tackle most things that aren't exclusively sports-based.