Weird thing on Steam

Well, I've just logged into my Steam account and I have discovered a Rayman Origins demo in my Steam library which I didn't download, and it won't let me remove it from the library. I thought something was wrong with just my Steam account, but I have just contacted one of my friends to see if he had the same demo on his library, and he has said that he does.

Has this happened to anyone else's Steam account? Just thinking it might be a bug or something, but I just want to know if anyone else is having the same thing happen.

Hmm what do you know I have it too.

I've got it too. Probably one of those promotional things Valve does sometimes.

Hal10k:

It's just strange because there's no announcement of it on their blog, it's been automatically installed and you can't delete it (as far as I know).

DTH1337:

Hal10k:

It's just strange because there's no announcement of it on their blog, it's been automatically installed and you can't delete it (as far as I know).

Then we're looking at the start of Ubisoft's attempt to forcibly seize control of the entire PC gaming market. Which means that the entire PC gaming market will be in the hands of some random Russian guy within a week.

I tried playing it and it won't let me, something about requiring an internet connection to convert the game to a more efficient format and when I click ok it just says conversion failed. This has to be a bug

spectrenihlus:
I tried playing it and it won't let me, something about requiring an internet connection to convert the game to a more efficient format and when I click ok it just says conversion failed. This has to be a bug

At least it tells you that it's a bug. It's been doing that for the last ten minutes and it doesn't stop.

I think someone needs to contact Steam and ask them if they're aware of this issue.

Just checked and I have it too, blatantly a bug.

Still, nice to see it's coming to/on Steam. I've played some of the full game on 360 and it's quite good!

I got it too. Only, when I clicked on it to play, and it asked me to allow it to recongfigure, and I agreed, it actually reconfigured... it's not done yet (100% downloaded, though), but it seems to work...

So its working for some, but not others, it seems.

Hal10k:

DTH1337:

Hal10k:

Then we're looking at the start of Ubisoft's attempt to forcibly seize control of the entire PC gaming market. Which means that the entire PC gaming market will be in the hands of some random Russian guy within a week.

You know, considering Ubisoft's controversial history with PC games, it wouldn't surprise me if that were true.

really? *sigh* even if could download it I couldnt actually buy it

also steam seems to "lose" my game data

Yeah, I got it too. Doesn't say 'Demo' or have a time limit to when it expires. I haven't touched it yet.

TheYellowCellPhone:
Yeah, I got it too. Doesn't say 'Demo' or have a time limit to when it expires. I haven't touched it yet.

I haven't touched it either, except for trying to delete it from the library, but when I try to, it comes up with the message saying 'Uninstalling Rayman Origins Demo', and then nothing happens.

Tried contacting Steam Support through their Twitter feed. No response yet, so I'm not even sure if they're aware of it at the moment.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked