Mass Effect 3 Endings now on Youtube MAJOR SPOILERS

Pages 1 2 NEXT

One of the Endings is now on Youtube

This pretty much confirms one of the several in the leaks, I am still hoping there is more than what was leaked.

EDIT: NEW RUMOR HAS BEGUN TO RUN AROUND

Alright guys, I work at Bioware (We're monitoring many places for leaks.) and while these endings are true we'll be releasing a day one patch to add in the "good" endings.

We left them out of copies to avoid what happened the last couple of days with spoilers coming out and ruining it for everyone.

You'll no doubt not believe me, and that's okay.

Happy gaming.

This might just be a troll, but if its true it is a glorious way fuck over pirates.

Fucking really? *siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh*

Think it's official...the gaming community - for whatever reason (I'm guessing because EA is associated with Bioware) - was hell-bent on utterly destroying this game and it hasn't even come out yet.

RJ 17:

Think it's official...the gaming community - for whatever reason (I'm guessing because EA is associated with Bioware) - was hell-bent on utterly destroying this game and it hasn't even come out yet.

Nope, most of the damage is coming from BioWare's own fans.

The reaction really is quite entertaining. Especially with all the talk of boycotts and stuff, you absolutely know a lot of those people are going to cave and buy the game right away. Respect to the people who actually go through with it though.

I personally enjoy watching these people tear each other apart over something so stupid. Yes, I realize that sounds pretty fucked up.

RJ 17:

Endless cycle of EA screwing up talented developers:

1. Talented developer makes a great game that pushes the boundaries of gaming as a medium.
2. EA sees that the talented developer is making money.
3. EA acquires talented developer and ruins them with their quantity and profit before quality and depth policy.
4. When the talented developer stops making lots of money, EA destroys them and, like Jim said, "We get no more Dungeon Keeper."

AlternatePFG:

The reaction really is quite entertaining. Especially with all the talk of boycotts and stuff, you absolutely know a lot of those people are going to cave and buy the game right away. Respect to the people who actually go through with it though.

I personally enjoy watching these people tear each other apart over something so stupid. Yes, I realize that sounds pretty fucked up.

I really, REALLY hope that the gaming community can finally exercise its power over the corrupt publishing company, but like you said there will be those people who will buy the game due to ignorance.

Not even watching it... how did it get on there?? One of the people that got the Space Editions?!

Huh... so Shepard made the Reapers mad when he assassinated JFK from the grassy knoll and framed Lee Harvey Oswald and that's why they want to destroy all organic life?

Aircross:

RJ 17:

Endless cycle of EA screwing up talented developers:

1. Talented developer makes a great game that pushes the boundaries of gaming as a medium.
2. EA sees that the talented developer is making money.
3. EA acquires talented developer and ruins them with their quantity and profit before quality and depth policy.
4. When the talented developer stops making lots of money, EA destroys them and, like Jim said, "We get no more Dungeon Keeper."

AlternatePFG:

I really, REALLY hope that the gaming community can finally exercise its power over the corrupt publishing company, but like you said there will be those people who will buy the game due to ignorance.

Not even because of ignorance, its because they want instant gratification and they love to bitch and whine over every little thing.

usmarine4160:
Huh... so Shepard made the Reapers mad when he assassinated JFK from the grassy knoll and framed Lee Harvey Oswald and that's why they want to destroy all organic life?

He is also Barack Obama, so you have to blame everything on him.

Yeah Bioware a lot of people are going to give up on Bioware after this. Bioware is indeed now just another company and seeing their name will mean nothing now sadly.

There will be so much rage and forum topics about ME3 a few day's after it's released when everyone has played it and is either horrified and outraged about it comes on to complain only to be met with people who complain about the complaining and devolve it into a massive flame war.

Just look at Bioware's forums. They are currently imploding.

I don't plan on watching anything else because I don't like spoiling stuff for myself. Not sure why other people like spoiling for themselves as well, but not my problem. I'll enjoy it March 6th.

That Barack Shepard image is hilarious. XD

Lemme guess, the ending is: humans win, the universe is saved, and life goes on!

What I wanna see is there being several (and I mean several) bad ends ranging from Indoctrinated Shep to a Pyrrhic Victory with Joker being the only survivor and some other shit I can't think of right now. That'd be awesome.

This has been the most entertaining game to follow up to its release that I can remember.

evilneko:

Lemme guess, the ending is: humans win, the universe is saved, and life goes on!

What I wanna see is there being several (and I mean several) bad ends ranging from Indoctrinated Shep to a Pyrrhic Victory with Joker being the only survivor and some other shit I can't think of right now. That'd be awesome.

usmarine4160:

its official time for me3 info lock down

Wow. Mass Effect 3 officially comes out on fucking Tuesday, and none of us could actually wait another five days to see this all first hand, with our own Shepard's?! Fellow Bioware fans involved in this.. you make me ashamed with a move like this, seriously.

I might just have to swear off the internet for the next week until my Collectors Edition arrives, damn it..

ShadowsofHope:
Wow. Mass Effect 3 officially comes out on fucking Tuesday, and none of us could actually wait another five days to see this all first hand, with our own Shepard's?! Fellow Bioware fans involved in this.. you make me ashamed with a move like this, seriously.

I might just have to swear off the internet for the next week until my Collectors Edition arrives, damn it..

Actually, the Bioware fans are ashamed of Bioware for allowing EA to corrupt them.

Aircross:

ShadowsofHope:

Actually, the Bioware fans are ashamed of Bioware for allowing EA to corrupt them.

You do understand that this type of Writing has been present in Bioware since Knights of the Old Republic right?

Aircross:

ShadowsofHope:

EA may have corrupted their marketing strategies, perhaps, but let's not fool ourselves as Bioware fans. Mass Effect, DA:O, Baldurs Gate, KotOR, Jade Empire, TOR, etc. all share the same writing techniques, cliches, character stereotypes, etc. The only difference between any of those games is the source material, and the technology available at the time.

Having EA as the publisher simply made every decision Bioware and/or EA makes about the games they produce now easier to toss vitrol at due to past (some valid, some stupid) transgressions within the industry from EA. It also made Bioware consider opening up to a much larger market with their new games, which is a very necessary business strategy for any company looking to remain afloat in this modern market. And I for one am happy for that direction.

RJ 17:

Or, you could ignore the Bioware fandom and hatedom, and draw your own conclusions, instead of letting others get under your skin.

I stopped caring after the Demo, but I know how Zhukov felt with the wave of Skyrim threads now. While admittedly those pre-release threads were all gushing, and all these are bashing, they come to the same conclusion of annoying the hell out of people.

To paraphrase Sun Tzu: "Constant exposure to similar threads breed contempt for them."

Soviet Heavy:

RJ 17:

Or, you could ignore the Bioware fandom and hatedom, and draw your own conclusions, instead of letting others get under your skin.

I stopped caring after the Demo, but I know how Zhukov felt with the wave of Skyrim threads now. While admittedly those pre-release threads were all gushing, and all these are bashing, they come to the same conclusion of annoying the hell out of people.

To paraphrase Sun Tzu: "Constant exposure to similar threads breed contempt for them."

This man. I respect him.

Soviet Heavy:

RJ 17:

I do ignore them. I haven't read/watched any leaks. My perspective remains pure in that I've no idea what to expect from the story and I like it that way. That doesn't mean I can't get depressed over the fact that such threads as "OMG EVERY DETAIL ABOUT THE STORY HAS BEEN LEAKED!" exist. My point was - and I know this is/was asking the impossible of the internet - that just because there's leaks and spoilers and such out there doesn't mean they should be posted.

But yes, the fact that many on this site seem to be under the impression that buying ME 3 will give you Super Caner AIDS doesn't help my attitude. Still, I'll be going into ME 3 with my own set of expectations regardless of what any threads have to say.

ShadowsofHope:

Aircross:

ShadowsofHope:

EA may have corrupted their marketing strategies, perhaps, but let's not fool ourselves as Bioware fans. Mass Effect, DA:O, Baldurs Gate, KotOR, Jade Empire, TOR, etc. all share the same writing techniques, cliches, character stereotypes, etc. The only difference between any of those games is the source material, and the technology available at the time.

Having EA as the publisher simply made every decision Bioware and/or EA makes about the games they produce now easier to toss vitrol at due to past (some valid, some stupid) transgressions within the industry from EA. It also made Bioware consider opening up to a much larger market with their new games, which is a very necessary business strategy for any company looking to remain afloat in this modern market. And I for one am happy for that direction.

You know this is one of the most intelligent posts I've read on the escapists in a long time. You have my respect.

While I normally am not one to note much about mass effect, I am interested in the drama happening here.

This might be random, but somewhat on topic, but...

(not end game spoiler, but it is a spoiler to an extent.)

And yeah, it is kinda annoying seeing tons of threads about mass effect 3. Although I get the feeling it is only going to get worse as the game releases.

Wait...so...a video showing something bad happening 'confirms' a leak? Did that even need a confirmation? I mean, in every Mass Effect game, you could screw up and die. How is that confirmation of anything?

Honestly, it just seems like people are saying these endings are all horrible, and as proof they provide out of context screen shots and a two minute long video that only proves the screen shots were real, which now suddenly gives credence to these leaks. It's...it's really weird. I'm sure the endings won't be all sunshine and lollypops (given the remarks of some of the developers) but this seems to be like a really good example of how to use limited information to back up some claims in order to make people believe others.

...I think I just described the internet.

Yeah, I've spoiled a lot about the game for myself, but even I draw the line at actually watching the endings.

Regardless of how the game turns out, I do want to see it for myself.

Was there any sound for that clip?

And apart from something at the beginning of the clip, Its already pretty much what I imagined based on the information already floating around the Internet.

REcaptcha: Amphitr. urintif

ShadowsofHope:

Aircross:

ShadowsofHope:

Finally someone with Sense I can agree with.

All this stuff of EA corrupting Bioware is a dreamstate, the writting in Bioware was never any good, if anything EA might have pushed them to improve Gameplay on their games.

evilneko:

Ooooooh, no, wait, even BETTER idea for an ending:

Joker turns out to be THE Joker, and Tali is actually Talia al Ghul, daughter of Raz al Ghul, and they've conspired to bring down batmans future clone self, Commander Shepherd, who finally realizes he must live up to his family name and face FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES and becomes Space-Batman.

boag:

ShadowsofHope:

Aircross:

All this stuff of EA corrupting Bioware is a dreamstate, the writting in Bioware was never any good, if anything EA might have pushed them to improve Gameplay on their games.

jshrike:
Wait...so...a video showing something bad happening 'confirms' a leak? Did that even need a confirmation? I mean, in every Mass Effect game, you could screw up and die. How is that confirmation of anything?

Honestly, it just seems like people are saying these endings are all horrible, and as proof they provide out of context screen shots and a two minute long video that only proves the screen shots were real, which now suddenly gives credence to these leaks. It's...it's really weird. I'm sure the endings won't be all sunshine and lollypops (given the remarks of some of the developers) but this seems to be like a really good example of how to use limited information to back up some claims in order to make people believe others.

It confirms one of the Endings that was leaked since Last year, meaning much of nothing from the Leaked script to now changed from the endings. It also sets a trend that the leak of the last few days might be true, that

which is a pretty definitive way of stopping any story development for the series in the immediacy, without requiring a couple of hundred years for a plot device to actually push forward.

I was expecting an ending where the characters I liked didnt get screwed, but they get shafted either way, and yes I know its Irrational but the main concern I have is for mai space waifu.

Syzygy23:

evilneko:

Ooooooh, no, wait, even BETTER idea for an ending:

Joker turns out to be THE Joker, and Tali is actually Talia al Ghul, daughter of Raz al Ghul, and they've conspired to bring down batmans future clone self, Commander Shepherd, who finally realizes he must live up to his family name and face FULL LIFE CONSEQUENCES and becomes Space-Batman.

and to make it even more fucked up, its like that episode of Batman Beyond, where it was Actually Raz in the Body of his daughter.

boag:

boag:

ShadowsofHope:

jshrike:

It confirms one of the Endings that was leaked since Last year, meaning much of nothing from the Leaked script to now changed from the endings. It also sets a trend that the leak of the last few days might be true, that

which is a pretty definitive way of stopping any story development for the series in the immediacy, without requiring a couple of hundred years for a plot device to actually push forward.

I was expecting an ending where the characters I liked didnt get screwed, but they get shafted either way, and yes I know its Irrational but the main concern I have is for mai space waifu.

No, man. All it confirms is that stuff gets blown up. It's like if someone leaked one of the endings from ME2 where Shepard dies and used it to prove that the teaser trailer was actually the way things were supposed to go. There is no dialogue in that clip. There isn't even a definitive 'end' to the action. It just cuts. Realistically, I'd imagine much of the galaxy gets fucked over at the end anyway, but you're using something that really shows nothing to back up concerns you have.

Now, I fully expect Bioware to have the lack of creativity to have that part in the video be at least one if not the majority/all of the endings, but even with that, there's no actual proof of it. That's all there is, and people who have 'leaked' the endings are holding it up as the evidence that they were right, when it just confirms a facet of what they're saying. But, hell, you may be right and everything might go to shit regardless. After seeing that bit with the kid in the demo, I can see Bioware doing just about anything to pull at the ol' heartstrings for what passes as an emotional response. I'm almost to the point where, in their next game, I'm expecting the main character to be told "You come across a tortoise in the desert and you flip it over onto its back."

The endings actually make a lot of sense and I respect Bioware for actually sticking to the core messages of the game instead of selling out to make the game have some cliche happy ending.

Ed130:
Was there any sound for that clip?

And apart from something at the beginning of the clip, Its already pretty much what I imagined based on the information already floating around the Internet.

REcaptcha: Amphitr. urintif

Just put this on and make explosion sounds with your mouth.

If you want to go the extra mile, find some clips from Robot Chicken with Seth Green swearing a lot.

jshrike:

boag:

boag:

jshrike:

No, man. All it confirms is that stuff gets blown up.
It's like if someone leaked one of the endings from ME2 where Shepard dies and used it to prove that the teaser trailer was actually the way things were supposed to go. There is no dialogue in that clip. There isn't even a definitive 'end' to the action. It just cuts. Realistically, I'd imagine much of the galaxy gets fucked over at the end anyway, but you're using something that really shows nothing to back up concerns you have.

Now, I fully expect Bioware to have the lack of creativity to have that part in the video be at least one if not the majority/all of the endings, but even with that, there's no actual proof of it. That's all there is, and people who have 'leaked' the endings are holding it up as the evidence that they were right, when it just confirms a facet of what they're saying. But, hell, you may be right and everything might go to shit regardless. After seeing that bit with the kid in the demo, I can see Bioware doing just about anything to pull at the ol' heartstrings for what passes as an emotional response. I'm almost to the point where, in their next game, I'm expecting the main character to be told "You come across a tortoise in the desert and you flip it over onto its back."

Dude, if you watch the video you see

The video itself is pretty clear about what is getting fucked over, so no its not an off handed remark.

Now like I said, It confirms 1 of the possible endings, it might very well be true that the other endings hold a different meaning, but it does give a bit more credibility to the people that have been leaking stuff.

Even the "Best" ending (if the leaks hold true) has you

boag:

jshrike:

boag:

It's like if someone leaked one of the endings from ME2 where Shepard dies and used it to prove that the teaser trailer was actually the way things were supposed to go. There is no dialogue in that clip. There isn't even a definitive 'end' to the action. It just cuts. Realistically, I'd imagine much of the galaxy gets fucked over at the end anyway, but you're using something that really shows nothing to back up concerns you have.

The video itself is pretty clear about what is getting fucked over, so no its not an off handed remark.

Now like I said, It confirms 1 of the possible endings, it might very well be true that the other endings hold a different meaning, but it does give a bit more credibility to the people that have been leaking stuff.

I get your point, I really do, but my argument that it doesn't give any additional credibility to the people who have been leaking stuff. That ending is the most simple one to assume. It's basically...everything gets destroyed. I could have told you that would be a possibility before anything was leaked. If the video showed something more then just what is basically a prolonged explosion it would be an entirely different story. Like if it was a video of Shepard standing on a bridge of some ship watching the Normandy burn and die, then that would be something. This is just a clip of something that anyone who has played any Bioware game, or even just Mass Effect 2, could have seen coming from a mile away. In fact, I think there is a scene exactly like that in Mass Effect 2 during the suicide mission, but you survive after getting hit by the explosion which, coincidentally, is just when it cuts in that video.

Again, yeah. Probably nothing good is going to happen in the end of ME3, based on what developers have said in the past (the 'it will make people angry' quote comes to mind), but to hold that clip up as supporting evidence for everything else that has been leaked/said is just...well, it just seems like your not demanding the kind of proof you should. If THAT can be uploaded to YouTube, why can't something more definitive? Maybe that's the only .bik file for the end, which means that, at least in keeping with other such instances in the ME world, the events preceding it and following it are completely influenced by other factors, which means that we easily don't actually know anything. Until there is something more, I'm holding back giving these leaks any kind of credibility.

jshrike:

boag:

jshrike:

I get your point, I really do, but my argument that it doesn't give any additional credibility to the people who have been leaking stuff. That ending is the most simple one to assume. It's basically...everything gets destroyed. I could have told you that would be a possibility before anything was leaked. If the video showed something more then just what is basically a prolonged explosion it would be an entirely different story. Like if it was a video of Shepard standing on a bridge of some ship watching the Normandy burn and die, then that would be something. This is just a clip of something that anyone who has played any Bioware game, or even just Mass Effect 2, could have seen coming from a mile away. In fact, I think there is a scene exactly like that in Mass Effect 2 during the suicide mission, but you survive after getting hit by the explosion which, coincidentally, is just when it cuts in that video.

Again, yeah. Probably nothing good is going to happen in the end of ME3, based on what developers have said in the past (the 'it will make people angry' quote comes to mind), but to hold that clip up as supporting evidence for everything else that has been leaked/said is just...well, it just seems like your not demanding the kind of proof you should. If THAT can be uploaded to YouTube, why can't something more definitive? Maybe that's the only .bik file for the end, which means that, at least in keeping with other such instances in the ME world, the events preceding it and following it are completely influenced by other factors, which means that we easily don't actually know anything. Until there is something more, I'm holding back giving these leaks any kind of credibility.

perhaps I should make you aware that yes there are more leaked bik files, I was able to get my hands on SOME of them, which confirm pretty much the parts that they leaked.

Sword and Hammer
London
Hackets Speech
and

I do believe it does give credence, I totally agree in holding back to see the actual game endings myself, but the more time that passes the more im inclined to believe the leaks are true. this doesnt affect my purchase of the game but it does disappoint me a fair bit.

Also just for kicks and smiles

JOKER AND MORDIN TALK ABOUT SEX

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked