Dancing with Wolves: Assassin Edition

Oh it's happening: Assassins in 'Murica.

I have to say, I was kind of hoping for some more exotic locations, but I can live.

Thoughts, discussions and speculations: GO!

I'm getting a 403 on that image.

Well it might not be too bad. At the very least talking wouldn't be as annoying as the Italian was in AC2 (I really hated that). But other than that I don't know.

I'm also unable to view the image, but I don't think it could be too bad. America is pretty diverse environment wise. So, it's the game taking place during the civil-war? That'd be pretty cool. I wonder if we'll be yanks or confederates.

(I assumed Civil war because of the title, but it's been awhile since I've seen the movie and I apologize if I'm incorrect :\ )

... I really should actually PLAY Revelations, shouldn't I?

Anyways, I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, we're finally moving into a different time period. On the other hand, I'm worried about how well they're going to handle the Desmond sections. I had assumed that the third game would be fully set in modern times, but now it seems like they'll need to come up with yet another reason to put Desmond back into the Animus.

After all, this is supposed to be the ending to Desmond's story. It seems kind of odd to place the focus on a different character.

Loop Stricken:

... I really should actually PLAY Revelations, shouldn't I?

Me too.

But that character...is he a Native American? So we had Altair before, which meant...falcon or something, and now we get what? The Sleeping Bear (well more probably Soaring Eagle but I like the other one better)?

I always thought that the chinese girl from revelation's ending was the one we're going to play as next, but with this image, it looks like we're going red, white, and blue instead. Which makes alot more sense considering Desmond's american and it's most likely his ancestor is bound to be american.

Also, I see no hidden blade on that guy's arms. How could this be Assassin's creed without the hidden blade?

Thatrocketeer:
Also, I see no hidden blade on that guy's arms. How could this be Assassin's creed without the hidden blade?

I'm pretty sure he has the bracer, that is the hidden blade mechanism, on his right hand.

I don't think we have much to say at this point. Perhaps the only thing we could is speculate which famous people would be included. History isn't my strongest trait, so can anyone tell me approximately when was that flag used in the United states? I'm guessing 18th century or early 19th. Once we have that, we can look up all the famous people who lived then and speculate who were Assassins and who Templars.

Why Ass Creed 3 will not suck:

1. It is not The United States, it's 13 British Colonies. Meaning it is so far removed from knocking back a Budweiser and watching NASCAR (or knocking back a Pabst and listening to NPR) that going AW SHIT AMERICA is a bit pre-emptive.

2. The main dude is definitely not a colonist. He's an american indian, so for those not in the know, that makes him both loyal to neither side (No AMERICA FUCK YEAH here) and capable of fucking shit up on both sides (it was not exactly a happy prosperous time to be alive, people).

3. Guerrilla tactics and melee weapons are perfect STILL - think The Patriot, except that instead of Mel Gibson chopping people up and hiding in trees, it's a full group of Assassins who then chop EVERYONE up.

4. BEST OF ALL - this takes place, chronologically, leading up to the French Revolution. As you know, the French were pissed at the King for (essentially) pissing all their money away, and one of those golden showers landed on the colonists because King Louis the 16th still hated Britain and wanted them to suffer a big bunch. I would be happy to see the game immediately after AC3 go straight to a France on the cusp of rupturing like nobody's business.

DoPo:

Thatrocketeer:

I'm pretty sure he has the bracer, that is the hidden blade mechanism, on his right hand.

I don't think we have much to say at this point. Perhaps the only thing we could is speculate which famous people would be included. History isn't my strongest trait, so can anyone tell me approximately when was that flag used in the United states? I'm guessing 18th century or early 19th. Once we have that, we can look up all the famous people who lived then and speculate who were Assassins and who Templars.

That is the Betsy Ross flag I think. American War of Independence. Benedict Arnold, Ben Franklin as quartermaster, lots of British Templars, French Assassins, Paul Revere and probably George Washington. I predict that this will be Assassin Creed's Conviction. Ubisoft just love to fuck up franchises. I don't care about this one, I've never like the AssCreed games.

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked