Image of Assassins Creed III's main character leaked

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

It appears that the next game in the series will take place during the American revolution and will star a Native American ancestor this time around.

Aaaaannndddd this game just became a must buy for me!

Kingme18:
Aaaaannndddd this game just became a must buy for me!

Agreed, its the Tomahawk that sealed the deal for me. I bet they will replace the throwing knives.

i was hoping for a girl voiced by the same va as femshep but this sound good enough

I was hoping for the Russian revolution but I guess it makes sense here as well. At least it isn't Ezio AGAIN. (I did like Ezio, however.)

I do however hope for the ability to actually aim and fire my gun. And before I am called out saying "Don't turn it into a shooter!" I am not suggesting a shooter, I would however like to pick off enemies with my gun without having to be within 20 feet of them. To compensate and not make it a shooter, add a noise aspect or make reload times take forever.

Wh-WHAT!? I thought we were done with time travel now and it was Adam Sandlers' time to shine?

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

On one hand, we're finally moving into a different time period. On the other hand, I'm worried about how well they're going to handle the Desmond sections. I had assumed that the third game would be fully set in modern times, but now it seems like they'll need to come up with yet another reason to put Desmond back into the Animus.

After all, isn't this supposed to be the ending to Desmond's story? It seems kind of odd to place the focus on a different character.

Can we have a source on this? I'm not really doubting you but I've seen plenty of high quality fan art for Assassin's Creed in the American and French revolutions.

This is interesting. Victorian England would have been my preferred choice but this is very good as well. I'm really looking forward to see what they're going to do next with the story and what new ways of killing people we'll have, besides the obvious axe and gun from the picture and their trademark, the hidden blade.
I don't know whether it's true but I've read that they've been working on it for the last three years, so hopefully, it will be good and polished game. I'm certainly excited.

Edit:

Janus Vesta:
Can we have a source on this? I'm not really doubting you but I've seen plenty of high quality fan art for Assassin's Creed in the American and French revolutions.

Kotaku received this picture from a Best Buy worker. He claims that it's the game's promotional art.

Arontala:
I had assumed that the third game would be fully set in modern times, but now it seems like they'll need to come up with yet another reason to put Desmond back into the Animus.

Well, maybe he misplaced those salad tongs...

*cough* I'm sorry, I just had to.

But really, it does strike me as odd, but then again, that's Ubisoft. Sometimes I get the feeling they have no idea what they want to do.

I'm interest to see how Assassins operate in a world of guns and projectile weaponry.

undeadsuitor:
I'm interest to see how Assassins operate in a world of guns and projectile weaponry.

They already have guns brotherhood/revelations

way2sl0w:

undeadsuitor:

They already have guns brotherhood/revelations

Ezio first gets his hands on a gun in AC2. In the series' chronology, guns appear...significantly ealier.

Terminate421:
I was hoping for the Russian revolution but I guess it makes sense here as well. At least it isn't Ezio AGAIN. (I did like Ezio, however.)

The Russian Revolution (well...the fall of the tsarist regime) is already being covered in a comic series.

I'm betting it's fake.

That outfit is a horrid abomination. I mean absolutely shitty. Trying to mix the original outfit with revolution era buckles, just wrong wrong wrong. Go one way or the other.

skywolfblue:
I'm betting it's fake.

That outfit is a horrid abomination. I mean absolutely shitty. Trying to mix the original outfit with revolution era buckles, just wrong wrong wrong. Go one way or the other.

It was at a best buy as a promotional image. So it's almost 100% confirmed.

Eug, of all the amazing times they could have gone with over the course of history, all the little known time periods with huge story potential they went with the *that*. Another opportunity to go all 'AMERICA YEAH!' and so on...

Ah I'm probably being unfair and it's not like I was a big fan of the series to begin with anyway. Still I can't help but think there are so many other setting which could have been so much more interesting.

Korten12:

skywolfblue:
I'm betting it's fake.

It was at a best buy as a promotional image. So it's almost 100% confirmed.

Bummer then.

I was kinda looking forwards to AC3 hoping for perhaps a female protagonist or what not. But this picture alone managed to suck a lot of the desire I had right out.

I'm not to sure how I feel about the Native American pitch, it just seems so strange and bizarre. A lot like the outfit, a weird bastardization of cultural ideals that don't really fit. Maybe I'll be proven wrong and will all work out for the best, but my initial feeling isn't a good one.

It was always going to be a challenge for Ubisoft to move the AC series into a modern setting, I mean, you could come up against the worlds most dangerous martial artist today and only need 20ft and a loaded glock to beat him/her.

If it is set in the Revoloution then there is still room for hand to hand combat but I think they will have to put a larger emphasis on stealth, no more just running into a enemy patrol and beating them with counter attacks. I always felt that AC never felt like stealth was of paramount importance because you just become practically impossible to be defeated.

On one hand, I'm happy because of no more Ezio.

On the other, it's too predictable. Ehhhhh.

Goddamn it, I wanted Egypt. Or the French Revolution.

If this isn't fake, my interest in this game has plummeted. I want some variety, not another game focusing on America.

Disclaimer: To counteract the inevitable member bitching at me for being anti-American, I'm not. I'm just sick of games set in and focusing on America. They could go to any point in history, really, and they chose America. As I feared.

Bernzz:

If this isn't fake, my interest in this game has plummeted. I want some variety, not another game focusing on America.

Disclaimer: To counteract the inevitable member bitching at me for being anti-American, I'm not. I'm just sick of games set in and focusing on America. They could go to any point in history, really, and they chose America. As I feared.

I agree with this.

They could have gone to any period in history or country and they choose "that". The most obvious one.

My concern is how they will keep the feel of the series if they based it around Desmond in his modern context. I would be more than a bit skeptical of Desmond running around with hidden blades in what is set as the near future. Ezio dealing with guns was at least somewhat believable, but in a realistic scenario, Desmond would be against automatic weapons and the like. I don't see the setup of the previous games holding up in that case.

Bernzz:

It's not our fault companies see the U.S. as the largest consumer base. Besides this era in history is hardly ever visited in games.
And if it's about the American revolution it's technically about England and then the U.S. So you can go ahead and quit your bitching now.

YOU SAID YOURSELF IT WAS INEVITABLE!!!

mik1:

Bernzz:
*le-snip*

It's not our fault companies see the U.S. as the largest consumer base. Besides this era in history is hardly ever visited in games.
And if it's about the American revolution it's technically about England and then the U.S. So you can go ahead and quit your bitching now.

I did indeed say it was inevitable, my good sir.

But I shall continue to bitch, because my main problem with it remains: I'm simply over games set in America.

I know this era in history is hardly ever visited, but I haven't seen much of a focus on the French Revolution either. It's the America part I take issue with, not the event of the American Revolution itself.

America just doesn't interest me anymore, as it's oversaturated in gaming. The French Revolution would be something different, for me at least.

Also, I'm part French.

Cool!!!!!!

So lets our place our bets on which of the Founding Fathers were secretly Templar bastards: I bet we will have to fight George Washington!

I refuse to believe this until Ubisoft confirms it. I just can't see the 2012 plotline coming to a satisfying conclusion unless I'm in control of Desmond for the majority of the game, and that conclusion is CLEARLY where the series is headed based on the ending of Revelations.

I agree that it would be cool to see an assassin during the Revolutionary War, but it should be saved for a side story or spinoff. Give Desmond a chance to finally kick some ass.

I remain unconvinced til I hear it from the horses mouth. "Best Buy employee said so" is not what I would call a reliable source.

Good lord Ubisoft, you're almost becoming as bad Activision with these games. Who wants to buy a new Assassin's Creed every year?

I hope they don't just make all the Templars British, that would be WAY too obvious. It'd be good if they made the Founding Fathers Templars just as a mind fuck.

Corporal Yakob:
Cool!!!!!!

So lets our place our bets on which of the Founding Fathers were secretly Templar bastards: I bet we will have to fight George Washington!

Oh, that would be good!

Bernzz:

mik1:

Bernzz:
*le-snip*

I did indeed say it was inevitable, my good sir.

But I shall continue to bitch, because my main problem with it remains: I'm simply over games set in America.

I know this era in history is hardly ever visited, but I haven't seen much of a focus on the French Revolution either. It's the America part I take issue with, not the event of the American Revolution itself.

America just doesn't interest me anymore, as it's oversaturated in gaming. The French Revolution would be something different, for me at least.

Also, I'm part French.

Why? I don't see how a game set in colonial US would be similar at all to the huge number of them set in present-say US. There aren't really any common links in terms of tone, story, and gameplay.

That....is FUCKING AWESOME.

Seriously, that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I hope to god that it's real.

I really wanted Feudal Japan and new (not Desmond) modern day person in the Animus.

I hope this is real, as that outfit is quite badass in my humble opinion, the tomahawk is a nice touch too.

Being one of the few people that's going to genuinely miss Ezio kind of irks me though... Really, what is it everyone has against him?

While it being set in the American Revolution isn't any sort of a shock, the idea of using a Native American feels slightly forced and I'm not looking foward to how bad they make the Brits out to be *cough*The Patriot*cough*. Also, as someone who loved the earlier games for the architecture, I feel there could have been a lot more to be gained from 17th Century Paris during the revolution or 18th Centry London during the industrial revolution.

Edit:

Chainsaws_of_War_2:
Good lord Ubisoft, you're almost becoming as bad Activision with these games. Who wants to buy a new Assassin's Creed every year?

*Raises Hand*

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked