Image of Assassins Creed III's main character leaked

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

BakaSmurf:
I hope this is real, as that outfit is quite badass in my humble opinion, the tomahawk is a nice touch too.

Being one of the few people that's going to genuinely miss Ezio kind of irks me though... Really, what is it everyone has against him?

Well, for me, his story kind of wrapped itself up it 2, and it felt like they were just dragging it on for two more games while they could have introduced another main assassin or two and explored more time periods.

Okay everyone, it doesn't matter what you think. According to Ubisoft, they have been developing this game since AC2 came out, which means they obviously had the story and setting planned. That also means they have some idea of what to do with the story and what they want to do with the game. I give them credit for that.

...Eh, the series has been great so far.
Educational too. Made me go and look up some of the things from the game series. Interesting stuff. I know its not all real, but the parts that are are interesting.

I say bring on more stabby stabby fun.

Out of all the cool places they could have went, such as 19th century Japan, Victorian era England, French Empire, industrialisation era Russia, hell, even going to India, they chose to go to the American revolution.
Let me guess, evil templars supporting the British while noble assassins fuel the revolution for democracy, liberty, apple pies and the American way?

Come on, AC2 lasted over a decade, how could this era live up to that? Angry rumbling for a few years, a series of incidents, then a short war, and bam, game over.

tony2077:
i was hoping for a girl voiced by the same va as femshep but this sound good enough

Oh hell no. That'd put me right off buying it.

Plinglebob:

Chainsaws_of_War_2:
Good lord Ubisoft, you're almost becoming as bad Activision with these games. Who wants to buy a new Assassin's Creed every year?

*Raises Hand*

Please Sir... Me sir, Me, Oh... Me Sir, please!!!

As for the American Revolution setting. Colour me sceptical until Ubisoft makes their grand announcement that's coming soon
there's a release date
it's plastered all over Ubisoft's site.
I sit down to play the damn game.

*SPOILER ALERT :D*

Ok ... now we assassinate Lincoln ... and frame the other guy.

I truly hope this is fake for as good as these games are they are going to be run into the ground in a similar to the Call of Duty. I seriously love Assassins creed , but I don't want this series to be run into the ground.

If this is true, the 3rd game will rock.

ablac:

Yassen:

ablac:
How could the ancestor be a native american. Th bloodline runs from the middle east to italia making it impossible to include a native american. I really had my heart set on victorian london because I was interested more in that and im not sure how you could have the extremely tall buildings in colonial america but i supose we can only wait and see.

Actually the bloodline doesn't run from the Middle East to Italy, Ubisoft has come out and said that Altair and Ezio aren't actually related. Desmond is the descendant of both Altair and Ezio but they have different bloodlines that merged with Desmond's family. So it's entirely possible for this third ancestor to be entirely unrelated to the previous protagonists.

Fair enough. I dont know much about that time period itself in the colonies so im now wondering howw they would achieve the huge expasive cities and tall buildings that are a large part of the series.

its weird though how lucy said altair was the last common decendt of subject 16 and desmond 16 was also altair which means they screwed with there own lore also isnt about future desmond with the whole world ending isnt a good time to go dicking about in the animus

Bang Kaboom Ferrell:

ablac:

Yassen:

Actually the bloodline doesn't run from the Middle East to Italy, Ubisoft has come out and said that Altair and Ezio aren't actually related. Desmond is the descendant of both Altair and Ezio but they have different bloodlines that merged with Desmond's family. So it's entirely possible for this third ancestor to be entirely unrelated to the previous protagonists.

Fair enough. I dont know much about that time period itself in the colonies so im now wondering howw they would achieve the huge expasive cities and tall buildings that are a large part of the series.

its weird though how lucy said altair was the last common decendt of subject 16 and desmond
16 was also altair able to synch with altair which means they screwed with there own lore also isnt about future desmond with the whole world ending isnt a good time to go dicking about in the animus

Yaaay... More guns... That's totally what AssCreed needs...

I'm actually a bit disappointed. They have all of history, (almost) all over the world, and they went with America. Ancient China was one of the best ideas I heard, but this... *sigh. I think I'll only buy it for the closure.

A lot of people wondering what there will be to climb on in an American setting. I wonder too what we'll climb on???

Seriously, do a cursory search of the internet befor you start mouthing off. Late 18th century America was not the same place as 'colonial' America (early to mid 16th century).

With regards to the size of cities, I think Ubisoft will have a similar model to ACs 1&2 with multiple cities. In the case of a revolutionary American setting I'd hazard a guess that the cities will be Boston, New York, and Philadelphia.

Oh, this should be fun. Can't wait for the E3 trailer this year.

Personally, I am going to miss Ezio but I think Ubisoft stuck with him for three games because Desmond had to learn to become a master assassin from somewhere and Ezio began learing from square 1 where as Altiar was already a master assassin from the very begining.

For those of you who find the previous statement confusing, google assassin's creed and the "bleeding effect."

predatorpulse7:

I think Ubisoft did this to pander the american gamers(the FLAG is on the freaking cover, if that is a cover at all) - large gaming market - and to make it easier to research(since the teams building the games had to go at the actual sites - in italy, istanbul etc.), a trip from Montreal down to the States would maybe be easier for them.

Well, I really hope they thought that one through really well. Because the last game that went for the whole "catering to American Patriots" thing was Homefront and I think this one can be considered a flop, even in the US.
Because it is Assassin's Creed, it will still sell well but I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being the worst-selling AC because of the setting.

I was hoping for a female Asian assassin. Although this is by far one of the most awesome things i have seen i cant help but feel kinda disappointed.

Phlakes:
Yaaay... More guns... That's totally what AssCreed needs...

I'm actually a bit disappointed. They have all of history, (almost) all over the world, and they went with America. Ancient China was one of the best ideas I heard, but this... *sigh. I think I'll only buy it for the closure.

Ancient China may still be coming. They made the poll not for 3, but for the game that will come after it.

willofbob:
oh, for chrissake! Why this? Just, effin, why!? I was hoping for 1800s England, or WW2 Russia, or the French Revolution, or 50s US (when the Templars became Abstergo), or even the unification of Germany, but, but, the American revolution as a Native American in abastardised AMERICA! FUCK YEAH! Histry, with a bastardised Native Culture, with that abomination of a period outfit!?!?

Weirdly, it seems half the forum agrees, the other will try to get me banned.

Hey, here's a way to get all the Yanks out there furious: You woulda lost the revolutionary war if it wasn't for good ol' France saving your bacon!

Oi! Our revolution came first! Wait for Assassin's Creed: Spinoff of AC III (name in progress) for the French Revolution! ... Also, how could you put the French Revolution in Assassin's Creed? There would be mobs... more mobs... dead nobles... more mobs... the King is dead... Napoleon appearance... lots of dead citizens... Robes-Pierre is dead... there. Done. Hope you enjoyed 60 American dollars worth of watching random things happening with you having NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM!!!

EDIT: ... Actually, I'm kind of intrigued as to how Ubisoft would handle that, or even the American Revolution. Might actually be fun. Kill a noble, causing disruption with the guards and causing them to fall before the mobs, or kill the guards and let them get the nobles. Huh.

Mmmmmmm, was kinda hoping for one set in Japan or England. Kinda wary of games set purely in the US considering how many are already

But I'd probably still get it, even though Revelations was disappointing

From the ubisoft facebook page.
I guess it's 100% sure now.

Confirmed. Ubisoft just posted packshots on the official Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/assassinscreed

EDIT: figured someone would get in there first!

Please god let this be during the Civil War. THAT WOULD BE SO COOL.

Edit: God dammit. We're killing redcoats?

What? You mean the British are going to be evil baby eaters and the Americans are going to be saintly sons of God?

Why has no one used this golden formula before?!

That PC boxart speaks volumes, wonder how sales will do in England (because you know when people say British they actually mean the mean English, not the poor oppressed Welsh, Scots, and Irish)...

I think his get up is pretty cool, personally. While revolutionary America wouldn't be my first choice (that will always go to victorian england, which is still 100/200 years after this game, there's still hope if ubi's going chronological!) It still looks pretty interesting. Hopefully they won't make it all whiter than white yanks and mustache twiddling limeys.

My only sad is that since its no longer in Europe, I won't be peppering my day to day speech with bits of Italian I pick up from the game.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2:
That....is FUCKING AWESOME.

Seriously, that is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I hope to god that it's real.

God, yes. While I've been very adamant in my position that Assassin's Creed 3 should focus on Desmond and wrap up his story, I'm willing to change my tune if I can instead play a Native American Assassin in Revolutionary America.

I'll have to replace my entire pants collection if they have Ben Franklin give missions.

GoaThief:
That PC boxart speaks volumes, wonder how sales will do in England (because you know when people say British they actually mean the mean English, not the poor oppressed Welsh, Scots, and Irish)...

Honestly?

I don't think we really care.

When your country has had the biggest empire the world has ever seen, you accept that your going to be popping up as the bad guys in historically based games.

I'm not concerned that the British will be portrayed in a bad light. I'm concerned it's going to be a typical America! Fuck yeah! fanwank.

So basically a cross between Hawkeye and what we already know?
I'm game.
Gimme the wilderness.

His outfit looks hilariously out of place, but this could still be quite interesting.

Still though, there were some other fantastic time periods they could have used, and now I'm worried that next, they'll go to the Old West, wheras I'd like to go somewhere we haven't seen in a game. How about the Russian Revolution?

...Seems legit I guess. Gonna keep an open mind about it; might not be real, might be real. Well whatever. I like the image and fingers crossed that it's real. Would be fun to go to town with a tomahawk...

So. Flintlock pistols? Not bad.

There are much better things then the american revolution. Better events that happened in other areas of the world...

But what would we expect from ubisoft aniways...

It looks interesting, but deep inside of me i'm just hoping that's a photoshopped image...

Bernzz:

mik1:

Bernzz:
*le-snip*

It's not our fault companies see the U.S. as the largest consumer base. Besides this era in history is hardly ever visited in games.
And if it's about the American revolution it's technically about England and then the U.S. So you can go ahead and quit your bitching now.

YOU SAID YOURSELF IT WAS INEVITABLE!!!

I did indeed say it was inevitable, my good sir.

But I shall continue to bitch, because my main problem with it remains: I'm simply over games set in America.

I know this era in history is hardly ever visited, but I haven't seen much of a focus on the French Revolution either. It's the America part I take issue with, not the event of the American Revolution itself.

America just doesn't interest me anymore, as it's oversaturated in gaming. The French Revolution would be something different, for me at least.

Also, I'm part French.

Lets hold our arguments until we get an official statement. While I think the American Revolution would be an interesting period to visit, it doesnt really seem to fit with the AC series. I mean... are we going to scale to the top of a 50 story teepee? No, I didnt think so. There really wasnt much to lean toward the whole parkour-ish type aspect of AC here in America during that time period, so it doesnt really add up to me.

The character looks good and if they have taken out all the bombs etc and stuck you with basic weapons as it looks in the picture, then that's great. Him being an Indian and being stuck in the middle of a huge colonial battle is a great setting.

The interesting part to me is, if they have the balls to do it, is compare how America wants there freedom from the British, even though they kicked the Indians off there own land. As an Indian character this double standard hypocrisy would be an interesting direction if done properly.

Was hoping to be a woman for once.

And I'm not fond of the 'look' of the protagonist on the cover, but I will play it and damn well enjoy it, as I have all the others. (Except for most of the first one).

Still, the setting? EXACTLY what I was hoping the next step was going to be. THANK YOU.

Why did i expect anything different from ubisoft.The french always like to take shots at there longest stand rival the British.Really hoping they do not go over the top of the British are templars but then seeing them paint every major modern leader in history that is not French a templar i would not be surprised if they turn the British Empire into a fully Templar ran Empire.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked