noobz - "A movie for gamers, by gamers."

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Well... I don't have much to say about it. I think you should look for yourself.

What do you think? I don't know what to think. I am speechless.

It is as if every negative stereotype about frat-boy gamers was made flesh, and given a film crew and instructions to disregard everything he knows about good taste and writing. I blame you for this, science.

The black kid yelling "dayum" is magnificent, though.

Oh dear. I can see this going very badly. As if I don't get enough weird looks from saying one of my hobbies is gaming.

I can see Fox news all over this one.

Volan:
Oh dear. I can see this going very badly. As if I don't get enough weird looks from saying one of my hobbies is gaming.

I can see Fox news all over this one.

In all fairness, this goes way beyond reflecting poorly on gamers. This makes me a bit ashamed to be a carbon-based life form. Somewhere out in the Oort cloud are a bunch of beings of pure energy who are eventually going to find this trailer and think badly of our matter-based ways.

... This movie looks like garbage. Is that Jason Mewes?

Admittedly I did laugh at the "Daaaaaaaaaaaamn" kid. And I'd like to play Zelda, if you know what I mean ;) (Sorry I couldn't help but make the pun)

But somehow I don't exactly expect this to be brilliant. Unless it turns out to be a parody of the frat-boy demographic. But I get the feeling that it isn't.

Andy Shandy:
Admittedly I did laugh at the "Daaaaaaaaaaaamn" kid.

I know. That kid deserves better than this; he could be doing so much with his career.

"Dayum: The Movie, starring Random Black Kid, with Some Random Girl as Oh-No-He-Didn't Girl. Coming Fall 2014."

Adam Sessler? I thought you were above this.

I think it kinda looks funny...like that movie "fanboys", mix together nerds, road trip and humour, whats not to like?

I'd watch it.

Hal10k:

Andy Shandy:

I know. That kid deserves better than this; he could be doing so much with his career.

"Dayum: The Movie, starring Random Black Kid, with Some Random Girl as Oh-No-He-Didn't Girl. Coming Fall 2014."

Don't forget Mrs. Mmmmmmmmmmmhmm!

And with every ticket purchase comes with free Triple Finger Click toy!

Soviet Heavy:
Adam Sessler? I thought you were above this.

Ha Ha! that's funny sarcas- wait, you're being serious?

Anyways, not going to see this, and am about to rinse my brain with Hydrochloric acid to get these memories out of my head.

It looks like it was made by the same people who made Vampires suck, meet the spartans, epic movie, etc, etc, etc

Basicly it looks bad and like an utter waste of time. I would like to know who exactly the gamers are that "made this" because I dont think it was made by gamers. i think it was made by overly macho frat boys who play only a few games. Not real gamers who play a variety of games and participate in communities

Well I suppose it was cute that Zelda Williams is in it, but I think I'll give this one a pass.

Is that a joke or a real thing?

Looks like road trip with douchebags.

The only thing remotely relating to gamers was them randomly shouting Frogger, Gears of War and I guess Zelda Williams (who seems to only be important due to her namesake.)

Hell. From the trailer about 15 seconds of it was related to gaming.

From the title I thought this was gonna be another shitty documentary about gamer culture or something.

But no, I just got something even worse.

Didn't we already do this once with The Wizard? And didn't it kinda suck then too?

kyosai7:
... This movie looks like garbage. Is that Jason Mewes?

Yeah, it is.

Hahahahahaha oh wow that's a great parody trailer of what a movie about gamers would be like nowadays in the post American Pie era.

*gets fictitious call from someone* Wait a minute...you mean this thing is real?......It's not a fake?....ok thanks for letting me know

Dear god, WHY!, why can't we have nice things!

Andy Shandy:

Hal10k:

Andy Shandy:

Don't forget Mrs. Mmmmmmmmmmmhmm!

And with every ticket purchase comes with free Triple Finger Click toy!

I would watch that movie over this one. :(

And I cannot fathom the statement, "movie for gamers, by gamers"... What gamer would make this movie?

Oh found him, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3462228/ a lad called Blake Freeman (Not related to the badass of all times).

*insert "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" clip*

But seriously, I really Really REALLY hope this is a parody and not the real thing becuase it looks like it was filmed for fratboys by fratboys who think they're 1337 at CoD!!1one! (Or gears, in this case)

I'd go see it...
Like a seriousparodythingy *-)

it might be a funny movie, sure its EVERY SINGLE negative sterotype in video game culture, and by extension fratboy, douchebag, asshole culture, and why is Zelda Williams in it?, anyway. i might see it to see if its at-least funny, every hobby/sport thing has movies like this why not gaming, like Neonsword13-ops i hope its a parody, its got Jason Mewes so its 99.999% likely.

it looks to be about getting to and winning a GoW Tournament, if so i hope its not tooo derogatory, MLG and things like Iron Squid, SCI and IPL, NSL, DreamHack and the EDL are all amazing representations of what i consider the sport of pro gaming, they need more mainstream acceptance.

This looks like the worst thing ever made.
Excuse me while I clean up the vomit currently caking my room.

Oh Casper, what would the Mobile Infantry say if they saw this?

OT - Yeah I'll pass thanks. It looks like a school project.

I dunno, I think it looks cute. Looks to me like it's less "here's a movie about gamers" and more "here's a movie about some idiot friends who get into some shenanigans and also they are gamers". Like "The Hangover" if they were in Las Vegas for a video game tournament.

I'll give a chance, I like these sorts of movies.

Weeeell, that sucked. Hard. I really don't know who had that idea, but that's not for me as a gamer. And those guys do not look like the average gamer. Not at all. And I also didn't laugh at the black kid.

There is only one way this can end, and it's not good.
But I loved that black kid going "DAAAAAYUUM!"

Did anyone else find the repurposed Full Metal Jacket line towards the beginning to be really creepy or was that just me?

NightmareLuna:

Oh found him, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3462228/ a lad called Blake Freeman (Not related to the badass of all times).

Lol, he wrote, produced, directed, edited, and acts in "Noobz". Sounds like a high-quality creation.

It really, reallly just focuses on all the worst stereotypes of gamers, and kind of mixes in a bit of the Jersey Shore bro mentality, with the gross out humour of The Hangover/40 year old virgin about douchebags and inept idiots getting their comeuppance.

Yeah, I'd rather go watch The Avengers twice than pay to see this.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
This is a joke right.
Please.
Please tell me it's a joke?
It's mocking the- please?
Even if you don't believe it just TELL ME ITS A JOKE!

Still a million times better than The FP.

I thought trailers were meant to show the best bits?

It's going to be a flop for sure!

Sure I get it's a film about a community (gaming) however while another film base of LARP "Knights of Badassdom" look like it got it right (base from the trailer) this is just look utterly bad and using bad sterotypes.

Hal10k:
It is as if every negative stereotype about frat-boy gamers was made flesh, and given a film crew and instructions to disregard everything he knows about good taste and writing. I blame you for this, science.

Yup. I don't want to be remotely associated with these douchebags. Who are they trying to kid with this shit? It comes off as so f**king patronising. And not a lot of actual gameplay in it, from what I can see. No, not scenes of fratboys holding a controller and screaming into a mic, actual scenes from the video games themselves. Or even references to video games other than Gears of War.

Oh.

Oh dear god.

Just. Oh.

Please tell me this is isn't real. Please don't say that money has been spent making that..

That kid doesn't deserve to have his name attached to this. No one does.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked