Assassin's Creed leaked screenshots! And it looks amazing!

Pages PREV 1 2

Oh

HELL

YEAH!
I know these really tell me bugger all about the game, but it just looks so dam pretty.

Seems my skepticism might have been misplaced, those actually look pretty neat. I just hope it doesn't end up turning into a 'British are evil, 'merica fuck yeah!' bit of gaming propaganda. Maybe it's just because I'm Canadian or because there are so many movies and books about that time period which portray it thus, but that stuff is getting a bit old.

NinjaDeathSlap:

imahobbit4062:

NinjaDeathSlap:
On the one hand: DO WANT!

On the other: Increasingly worried about a rushed release schedule that would make even Call of Duty blush. The guys at Ubisoft might well be the hardest workers in the whole of the games industry for all I know, but 1 year in between games, several times over, in a series that is all about expansive, detailed environments and non-linear gameplay? It's just not long enough. The cracks were starting to show in Revelations and I really hope this fresh start for the series isn't spoiled by trying to get it out of the door too fast.

Shame that I'll be a student by then, so it's probably going to be a choice between this and Halo 4 over which one I can get when it comes out, if at all. Either way, please don't suck.

They have been working on this since AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations was done by a seperate team.

As a huge fan of AC, you have no idea how happy you've just made me. I have never been more glad to be wrong.

It is also the last of the Desmond series, meaning there will be no cliff hangers, but there will be more games after.

CrazyBlaze:
Wow. Games looks great. Though those might just be very detailed concept art to what they want done. So no guarantees that is what the final game will look like. I love the fact that they are getting into the wild with this. Heres hoping we get to climb some trees. Also I wonder what tribe the MC is from. Apache seems likely but depending on where they focus they could Mohawk or Oneida or some other non-six nations tribe. I hope they get into that.

Its Mohawk. The same article said they've changed the climbing so that trees are now more than weird walls and are fully climbable, and the wild area referred to as The Frontier is supposed to be 1.5 times the size of Rome in ACB.

Wonder how they'll handle Washington's character, since as a Templar, he has to get his hands on an Apple to pass down through the Presidents(at least up to FDR)

SckizoBoy:

OT: Looks pretty good, though I get the feeling they've set it in this time period to milk as much out of it as they can (since American Revolutionary War leads into... French Revolutionary War/War of 1812/Napoleonic Wars).

Now THAT'S a time period I would like to play in.

The screen-shots themselves look allot like Skyrim with large wilderness areas. Makes me wonder if there will be any freeruning in the trees...

it's hard to get excited after revelations (i'm sorry, i know we agreed never to mention revelations ever again) but this does look like a step in the right direction.
i just hope it's not confined to one city like the last few games.

ZeroMachine:

Adam Jensen:
There's some juicy info about the game as well. Too long a list so I'll put it in spoiler tags.

Everything about the game so far looks and sounds amazing, even though I was skeptical at first.

If it wasn't close to midnight right now, I'd scream with joy.

I guess I'll just have to do it on here.

HOLY SEXY ON A SCARLET SCARLETT JOHANSSON THAT GAME SOUNDS LIKE ASSASSIN'S CREED PERFECTION.

I need to get Revelations so I can catch myself up.

This is gonna be great :D

That's all fine but leave my Scarlett Johansson out of it.

Adam Jensen:
-Not all the Colonists will be cast as good people, and not all the British will be cast as evil oppressors. They're trying to focus on how both the Assassins and Templars viewpoints exist in a gray morality as the Templars really believe they're saving the world.

GOOD! I hate it when the American Revolution is portrayed as black-and-white. Both sides had their share of atrocities, the revolutionaries pulled some pretty hypocritical bullshit, and Washington is a confirmed Templar.

And before any patriotic Americans jump down my throat, I'm a Canadian.

The Madman:
Seems my skepticism might have been misplaced, those actually look pretty neat. I just hope it doesn't end up turning into a 'British are evil, 'merica fuck yeah!' bit of gaming propaganda. Maybe it's just because I'm Canadian or because there are so many movies and books about that time period which portray it thus, but that stuff is getting a bit old.

We're in the same boat, my friend.

As my brother said as I update him about the game via Facebook...

Assassin's Creed + Red Dead Redemption

This in my eyes....seems pretty kickass

Goofguy:
Psycho, much?

... just a tad... >_>

Ed130:
Now THAT'S a time period I would like to play in.

Right?! Riiiight?!?! (thus explaining the hard-on of previous post...!) And starting off with the WoI, it can so be done (and here's to hoping it'll be better than the previous expansion outings...)

Ed130:
The screen-shots themselves look allot like Skyrim with large wilderness areas. Makes me wonder if there will be any freeruning in the trees...

The first thing that came to mind was... he's going to be a fucking squirrel! But that said, there's a lot of varied landscape, so gorges, natural canopies, water features etc. so that'd be a nice change and it'll either be fucking awesome or rage-worthy since everything's green/brown... and me being colour-blind is not going to help... :/

Still, I get a better vibe from it than the usual crowd blend (near) BS... feeling like a hunter... hmmm...

Cool! Although I must say the player character looks EVEN more out of place then usual in his assassin's garb in this time-period: you could get away with it in the first game thanks to near indentically dressed scholars but if no one can recoginise you in a instant in 1776 dressed like that then I shall say bull.

This looks pretty damn cool. I was getting fed up with the same city gameplay. This will make for a nice change of pace.

I promised myself never to get excited for up-coming games... mainly to prevent high disappointment if it turns out not so good.

...that said... Assassin's Creed has shown to be an excellent series in my books and those screenshots are taunting me like an old lady with $1000 sticking out of her handbag.

NinjaDeathSlap:
On the one hand: DO WANT!

On the other: Increasingly worried about a rushed release schedule that would make even Call of Duty blush. The guys at Ubisoft might well be the hardest workers in the whole of the games industry for all I know, but 1 year in between games, several times over, in a series that is all about expansive, detailed environments and non-linear gameplay? It's just not long enough. The cracks were starting to show in Revelations and I really hope this fresh start for the series isn't spoiled by trying to get it out of the door too fast.

Shame that I'll be a student by then, so it's probably going to be a choice between this and Halo 4 over which one I can get when it comes out, if at all. Either way, please don't suck.

Apparently they've been working on it for 3 years.

Looks amazing. I wrote a thread called 'Assassins Creed 3 - New information' with details about the game. I also cant embed photos either. lol. Looks amazing, my interest in this game is now 100%.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked