I'm done with PS3!

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

A couple of days ago, I wrote a blog topic stating that there was a problem with my PS3's trophy syncing function. I mentioned that I had contacted Sony and they had asked me to restore my console, which I did, but the problem came back when I tried to install the trophies for the Killzone 3 multiplayer.

So, after trying to fix the console with no clear solutions, I simply decided to sell my PS3 and all my games and simply just not bother with Sony ever again (unless the PS4 is awesome or something).

Looking back at it though, I have to admit that I'm pretty much fed up with Sony and how much of a mess the PS3 can get into at times. I mean it only lasted 2 years before this happened, and in that time, I've come to realise that there were times when it messed up for very simple reasons, which I believe is unacceptable in this day and age. I've had Steam since 2008 (yes, I know, Steam isn't a console), and I've never experienced anything that has ruined it for me, even the X-Box 360 that I share with my sister (even though the console still has a high failure rate) is much more reliable than the PS3.

So, basically, I've had enough with the PS3 and with Sony in general. I don't have any regrets selling the PS3.

Thats it? You dislike the ps3 because the trophy system is borked? I mean you can still play the games right? Just people cannot see what tropies you got? I want to say i sympathise with you but i personally don't find that such a big problem . To swear off an entire company because you can't grt trophies is a tad bit excessive i find . But to each his own i guess.

Wow that's... pretty pathetic.

You got mad and sold you PS3 and all your games... because you couldn't see your trophies? Trophies that, may I add, are nothing but a small icon next to a pretty meaningless number that really serve absolutely no purpose?

Like the guy above me said, it's pretty damn hard to sympathize.

I have to agree with the other two posters so far. Unless there are other problems that you are not telling us about, that's a pretty weak excuse.

It's your stuff so you can smash it with a hammer because it's not green for all I care but if you came on here looking for sympathy/support, you're not getting it. I just got my PS3 for Christmas and have had endless enjoyment playing all these PS3 exclusives that I haven't been able to get with my 360 (MGS4 has some loooooong cut-scenes)

Wow is that all? I mean that's not even an issue. It's annoying sure but it doesn't seem enough to just completely write off a console. I was expecting something more serious than this.

Damn, you must be a boring mofo if you care that much about trophies.

I have to agree with my fellow escapist's, you gave up on PS3 (and Sony) cause the trophies don't work?

I couldn't give a monkeys about trophies or achievements, take em all away as far as I'm concerned. As long as the machine plays my games, that's all I'm bothered about!

All this trouble because your trophies broke? Cool Story Bro.

Will you come back if Sony invent a new feature that simply let's you choose which trophies to unlock? Then you won't even have to bother with those annoying games that they keep trying to make you play, you can just have all the trophies you want.

tippy2k2:
(MGS4 has some loooooong cut-scenes)

I finally got to play it on a friends ps3. And you are right! Somer are two hours long for chrissakes! XD

I couldn't care less about what other people do with their stuff but that seems like an extremely silly reason to get rid of a console and start boycotting a company. But if you're so happy with your decision good for you, I guess.

Why is it that my trophies are broken on my PS3, and I don't give a flying shit?

You are a clear example of a self entitled gamer who's rattle fell out of the pram, and you want the whole world's attention about it, sorry but it's the truth. You're not getting any sympathy from me that's for sure.

daveman247:

tippy2k2:
(MGS4 has some loooooong cut-scenes)

I finally got to play it on a friends ps3. And you are right! Somer are two hours long for chrissakes! XD

Overstatement, the longest cutscene in the game is around 45 minutes, and that was the ending (including credits), Believe me I've timed it.

DTH1337:
A couple of days ago, I wrote a blog topic stating that there was a problem with my PS3's trophy syncing function. I mentioned that I had contacted Sony and they had asked me to restore my console, which I did, but the problem came back when I tried to install the trophies for the Killzone 3 multiplayer.

So, after trying to fix the console with no clear solutions, I simply decided to sell my PS3 and all my games and simply just not bother with Sony ever again (unless the PS4 is awesome or something).

Looking back at it though, I have to admit that I'm pretty much fed up with Sony and how much of a mess the PS3 can get into at times. I mean it only lasted 2 years before this happened, and in that time, I've come to realise that there were times when it messed up for very simple reasons, which I believe is unacceptable in this day and age. I've had Steam since 2008 (yes, I know, Steam isn't a console), and I've never experienced anything that has ruined it for me, even the X-Box 360 that I share with my sister (even though the console still has a high failure rate) is much more reliable than the PS3.

So, basically, I've had enough with the PS3 and with Sony in general. I don't have any regrets selling the PS3.

Hahaha! That's a terrible reason to ditch your PS3. So what if trophies are broken? Surely they can't be that important. It's nice to have trophies, but their absence isn't exactly a deal-breaker.

If you have no regrets selling your PS3 then all the power to you. However, I can think of much more valid reasons to offload your PS3 and games.

I guess it's fair to say that the trophies are a significant part of your gaming experience which is kind of unfortunate as games should be judged on their content and presentation, not your ability to access all the content.

you know, you could just play the games for fun... not achievements...

i know that might be radical thinking these days...

Trophies? You're pissed off about, FUCKING TROPHIES!?
Get out of here kid.

You sold a PS3 because the trophies didn't load. Then you should just sell a game cube, PS2, and Xbox. Because none of those awesome systems had trophies.

Let me make one thing clear to everyone. It's not the fact that my trophy syncing function was broken that made me want to sell the PS3 (I know it's pretty much what I said in the OP, but hear me out).

There are a number of other reasons why I sold it, such as how broken and buggy the system can be at times such as shutting off for no reason whatsoever, and the fact that when I contacted the customer service, they gave me a stupid reason for why it might be happening (they believed it might be my modem).

It's not because I couldn't sync the trophies that made me sell the PS3 and give up on Sony, it's because of how easy the system messed itself up that just simply made me say "I've had enough!" (that, and the fact that the day this happened, my guarantee expired on it). I understand that my reasons may sound pathetic, maybe even irrational, but that's just the way it is unfortunately.

And finally, the reason I have no regrets on why I sold the PS3 is because I already have Steam, which is far superior and far more reliable than any other platform I have played in the last 5 years or so. I know Steam isn't a console, but if it was, it would probably make owning a 360 or PS3 pointless and unnecessary.

DTH1337:
-Explanation-

All well and good, but what you describe is that your PS3 was malfunctioning and going screwy. Now, maybe selling it was a good way to get yourself some green, especially if it continued to get worse, BUT I can't take this as a legitimate complaint against the console as a whole. Not everybody has this problem, certainly not nearly as bad as poor Microsoft's RROD thing. It's your choice, of course, but the problems you describe are not a constant thing.

If you think ps3 ownership is bad, buy a fucking xbox. I'm on my 3rd replacement console.

i sold my car because the little light that comes on when the door opens doesnt work, true story

Good for you...?

My PS3 has given me any trouble. If it did I'd probably replace it. Hopefully you don't miss any of the games you had for it later. So, um, yeah... good luck with that.

DTH1337:
Let me make one thing clear to everyone. It's not the fact that my trophy syncing function was broken that made me want to sell the PS3 (I know it's pretty much what I said in the OP, but hear me out).

There are a number of other reasons why I sold it, such as how broken and buggy the system can be at times such as shutting off for no reason whatsoever, and the fact that when I contacted the customer service, they gave me a stupid reason for why it might be happening (they believed it might be my modem).

It's not because I couldn't sync the trophies that made me sell the PS3 and give up on Sony, it's because of how easy the system messed itself up that just simply made me say "I've had enough!" (that, and the fact that the day this happened, my guarantee expired on it). I understand that my reasons may sound pathetic, maybe even irrational, but that's just the way it is unfortunately.

And finally, the reason I have no regrets on why I sold the PS3 is because I already have Steam, which is far superior and far more reliable than any other platform I have played in the last 5 years or so. I know Steam isn't a console, but if it was, it would probably make owning a 360 or PS3 pointless and unnecessary.

Or you could you know, be a Console, and PC gamer like myself.

Best of both worlds and all that, and now you are going to miss out on all those exclusive games (and future exclusives) now, just because you want to be a fanboy, and be a part of the so called "Gaming Master Race" as Yahtzee puts it, is that right?

Platform fanboyism sucks, because all you are doing is denying yourself, and limiting your game library at the end of the day.

DTH1337:
I know Steam isn't a console, but if it was, it would probably make owning a 360 or PS3 pointless and unnecessary.

Yeah. You know, unless (exclusive) games are the biggest reason you buy the consoles for.

Say you do have regrets because your writing about it in a thread. Pretty much still thinking about it and you wish you still had your system. Alright so how do you swear off a company and then talk about how you might buy the PS4 if it's good. Kind of pissed at you for getting rid of something that was working fine. Even though you can do what you want, WHO GIVES A FLYING FUCK ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS. Basically you need your system to suck your virtual cock. Ah no, people can't see my pointless efforts. This is just about the most dumbest fucking thing I have read in a long time.

crappingpegasus:
you know, you could just play the games for fun... not achievements...

i know that might be radical thinking these days...

You speak for all people (Myself included) who apparently aren't batshit crazy, amongst other things...

"Trololololol you don't have the ubermegaNOOBdeath trophy/achievement on 'Gears of Halo WarfareField 45', you suck"!

...Oh no my life is so unfulfilled.....back to playing my fun game with a smile on my face.

SpaceBat:

DTH1337:
I know Steam isn't a console, but if it was, it would probably make owning a 360 or PS3 pointless and unnecessary.

Yeah. You know, unless (exclusive) games are the biggest reason you buy the consoles for.

Well, you'll be pleased to know that exclusives aren't the reason I buy consoles.

A couple of days ago...

You came up with an awesome wheeze to troll PS3 fanboys?

No really, I sold my console and all my games because I couldn't synch my trophies. Not even going in to the debate of how unfulfilled your life must be if trophies mean anything, but to add it to a list...

well I say a list you actually didn't mention any other specific issues that you have apparently had with your PS3 you did list that you haven't had any with Steam... what with their awesome console credentials or your XBox 360 so...

anyway, yes trophies not syncing, so rage sell console.

DTH1337:

If your modem is crappy and cuts the connection whilst connecting to PSN or validating/updating an install, the system shuts off to prevent data from getting corrupted. It's a standard procedure; a bit like the bluescreen on a PC (imagine if your connection cut out whilst you were downloading the OS) to prevent corrupted software.

If you have no regrets in shifting your console, then fair enough, enjoy your de-hassled life. But these are all non-issues to everyone else, and i dont think you're going to find a great deal of sympathy around here.

Besides which, the tone of the post i quoted suggests to me that you're not all that certain about what was wrong with the console (not really specifying anything other than what i mentioned previously) which, combined with the steam mention, suggests to me that you are fanboy bating. In which case, congratulations, sir. Mission accomplished.

I knew it would be for a petty reason. PS3 is great, regardless of its flaws ;)

So the straw that broke the camels back was trophy system screwing up? Really something that trivial? Unless your Asian or one of those crazy 100% psychotic nutbags who can't function in society... what was I on about? Oh right, no one cares for trophies. Just let yourself cool down and make a decision that isn't based on your rage.

Hmm....that's unfortunate, your reasoning for getting rid of it, not your PS3.

I believe the custom service person was telling you the truth since the PS3 is basically a computer and will shut off if a connection is lost to save itself from being corrupted.

Oh well, I love my PS3 and haven't had any issues with it, so I think it was just your console and not the brand. But hey, it's your choice and I can tell you won't lose sleep over it, which is good, so there's that.

Even if it did no play games anymore, it can play blue rays! are you so entitled that you get rid of a console for badges? Or are you trolling Sony fans?

Wow, I'm an 360 fan who came here to congratulate you jokingly or some crap like that, but you did it because of mild annoyances and trophies? that takes the fun out of it, your problem and the way you "dealt" with it is more funny than the joke I was going to make, I hope you happy >:C

Wow. What a chimp.

Can't say I've had any problems with my console, but then again it's a first generation PS3.

Pages 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked