Less than 24 hours to ME3

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Okay, I may just piss A LOT of people off by making this thread, but I honestly thought it was a little funny that we had someone complaining about the amount of Mass Effect we go going on site.
I, also, don't want to bombard people with Mass Effect. I mean at the time Skyrim came out I was a little frustrated with all the threads and news and trailers, but I lived through it, I don't believe I ever complained about it, and I never tried to kill anyone's buzz over it so if I want to talk about Mass Effect, I think I should get to. Sure people will disagree, but if I didn't make this thread, someone else probably would have.

SO it's less than 24 hours to Mass Effect 3 so let's just have a bit of a get together and talk about it.

To start off the discussion, are you going to a Mass Effect midnight launch? Or are you waiting for it in the mail? Or maybe you're waiting for used or a price drop? And are you preparing in any way for the game?

I personally have a pre-order collector's edition over at amazon. It makes me a bit upset because amazon estimates delivery won't be until the 13th, which means a possible extra week of waiting. I am hopeful though as usually amazon over-estimates to make sure they have plenty of time, but this may not be one of those times.

As for preparation, I'm doing some household cleaning up to make sure that once it gets here no one can bother me until I finish my first playthrough. What's that? You forgot to mention something you needed done before I got my game? Tough titties, you'll have to wait.

So, talk, tell, I'm genuinely interested! Though please be mindful of spoilers guys! I myself haven't played the demo or watched most the trailers and I'm sure others are the same. I just ask that people try to be respectful. ^_^

Who gives a shit if you piss people off? Let them wring their hands and cry their irrelevant bitch-tears about it. You're excited for a release, you want to talk about it, and so do lots of other people. Make all the threads and posts you want.

OT: I'm very excited for the release, but I unfortunately have the sheer audacity to live outside North America, so I have to wait 'till the ninth to play it. I'll be buying it first thing in the morning though, possibly at midnight if I can find a store with a midnight launch.

Arkley:
Who gives a shit if you piss people off? Let them wring their hands and cry their irrelevant bitch-tears about it. You're excited for a release, you want to talk about it, and so do lots of other people. Make all the threads and posts you want.

OT: I'm very excited for the release, but I unfortunately have the sheer audacity to live outside North America, so I have to wait 'till the ninth to play it. I'll be buying it first thing in the morning though, possibly at midnight if I can find a store with a midnight launch.

Aww thanks! Appreciate the support!

And I'm so sorry for you and anyone else who lives outside the U.S. That totally sucks! Especially I wouldn't be surprised if the games were already in Europe and Australia, they're just not willing to bump up the date.

If it gives you any comfort, I'll be waiting with you even though I do live in the U.S.

Oh it's coming out soon? I didn't notice.

Lost interest in it and decided not to buy because of all the DLC, yeah it's not important but I would feel like im not buying the full game without it so i'll just wait untill the price drops rather than pay full price for what will feel like an incomplete game(Yeah I know it will still be complete but it won't feel like that).

Still to discuss the topic, has everyone got an imported save ready to carry over? Or are some people going to start fresh in ME3? Also did you start it from the first game?
I have a few ready but they were both started in ME2 and I just used Gensis to make my choices.

Well i live in New Zealand so i have to wait until the 9th *grumble grumble stupid americans/canadians grumble*

Nevertheless, I cant wait for it, Im replaying 1 and 2 to get in the Mass Effect mood.
Also Im not too bothered about the DLC, Im getting the collectors edition, and there isnt even that much DLC, the only major one is From Ashes, and the character from that is supposedly in the normal game anyway

24 hours, eh? Sadly it's more like 84 hours for me, and that's assuming my order arrives in record time.

Hell, I might have to wait as long as the 14th. The horror!

Dandark:

Lost interest in it and decided not to buy because of all the DLC, yeah it's not important but I would feel like im not buying the full game without it so i'll just wait untill the price drops rather than pay full price for what will feel like an incomplete game(Yeah I know it will still be complete but it won't feel like that).

Still to discuss the topic, has everyone got an imported save ready to carry over? Or are some people going to start fresh in ME3? Also did you start it from the first game?
I have a few ready but they were both started in ME2 and I just used Gensis to make my choices.

I have my ME2 save all ready and rarin' to go for when I finally get my copy. I had tried ME1, wasn't really into it cause I didn't realize how deep it was, I've never been much of a shooter type (I'm strictly speaking the fact that you use guns as pretty much your only weapon, not the genre). On some kind of lark I tried ME2, LOVED it, and purchased ME1 to get the full experience.

The_Blue_Rider:
Well i live in New Zealand so i have to wait until the 9th *grumble grumble stupid americans/canadians grumble*

Nevertheless, I cant wait for it, Im replaying 1 and 2 to get in the Mass Effect mood.
Also Im not too bothered about the DLC, Im getting the collectors edition, and there isnt even that much DLC, the only major one is From Ashes, and the character from that is supposedly in the normal game anyway

Hey!.....We Americans can be kind of stupid huh? XD But the general population didn't choose the date! I admit we lucked out and I sympathise with you.

Screamarie:

Dandark:

I have my ME2 save all ready and rarin' to go for when I finally get my copy. I had tried ME1, wasn't really into it cause I didn't realize how deep it was, I've never been much of a shooter type (I'm strictly speaking the fact that you use guns as pretty much your only weapon, not the genre). On some kind of lark I tried ME2, LOVED it, and purchased ME1 to get the full experience.

The_Blue_Rider:

Hey!.....We Americans can be kind of stupid huh? XD But the general population didn't choose the date! I admit we lucked out and I sympathise with you.

Was there ever an actual reason given for different dates?

Also Im going to need to stay off the Escapist until Mass Effect 3 is released, im afraid some people might get a little loose with spoilers

Cos I'm from the UK I have to wait til Friday.

Which is annoying. Can't they put such an important release on the same day worldwide? I suppose not. Whatever, I'm just not gonna come on here until I finish the game.

The_Blue_Rider:

Screamarie:

Dandark:

The_Blue_Rider:

Was there ever an actual reason given for different dates?

Also Im going to need to stay off the Escapist until Mass Effect 3 is released, im afraid some people might get a little loose with spoilers

After a quick search on the internet which led me to the bioware forums, someone pointed out that new releases in the U.S. are on tuesdays while new releases in Europe are fridays. And then someone said something about have to convert in PAL but what that means, I have no clue.

And as for staying off of the escapist, I may have to do that as well. Susan Arendt has already stated that she'll be putting up the review for ME3 tomorrow and it will have spoilers.

My friends talked me into getting it at release (they wanted me to discuss the game with them and probably be the cynic to counter their enthusiasm). Now I have to hurry up and replay ME2 to prepare a save for it. I'm not attending the midnight release (tried my first one with Skyrim, it wasn't worth it and I have work in the morning anyway). I'm sort of looking forward to it.

Screamarie:
snip

I have no idea why it has to be on a Tuesday/Friday, Its Mass 'Freaking' Effect 3, Cancer patients would probably put off their Chemotherapy just to get it

The_Blue_Rider:

Screamarie:
snip

I have no idea why it has to be on a Tuesday/Friday, Its Mass 'Freaking' Effect 3, Cancer patients would probably put off their Chemotherapy just to get it

Tuesday is the day that stores restock in the US. So game releases all fall on Tuesday in the US.

I'll be going to Wal-Mart at midnight to try and snag a collectors edition (since they are actually rare for some reason). If that fails, I'll hit Best Buy when they open.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

The_Blue_Rider:

Screamarie:
snip

Tuesday is the day that stores restock in the US. So game releases all fall on Tuesday in the US.

Oh that makes sense. Dammit now I wish I posted this image earlier :(

Just finished a quick playthrough of ME2 yesterday. (Hacked for the resources and credits, didn't feel like doing all the planet scanning shit)

Already pre-loaded on Origin, ready to play tomorrow.

Since I'm in the UK, I need to wait til Friday + how ever long Amazon takes to deliver it. May need to stay of The Escapist until then, just to avoid the spoilers.

Maybe it means I'll actually concentrate on getting my Insanity playthrough done.

Andy Shandy:
Since I'm in the UK, I need to wait til Friday + how ever long Amazon takes to deliver it. May need to stay of The Escapist until then, just to avoid the spoilers.

Maybe it means I'll actually concentrate on getting my Insanity playthrough done.

Ugh I haven't even played hardcore. I just like to play on easy or normal to feel like a badass.

And I get the whole waiting on amazon thing, I'm gonna be clicking on the track package button so hard.

From europe here so have to wait a bit longer :/ I can not wait. Last time i was this hyped for a game was mass effect 2. I just ordered it online so i have to wait until it gets delivered (i hope that will not take longer then it should.

As for playing i only play the game on normal (i play for fun not to frustrate myself) but the demo on normal seemed slightly harder then normal on mass effect 2. go challenge

As for all the mass effect topics the only reason i hate them is that most are so full of spoilers that it is not fun to read them anymore. Why do people keep on spoiling the fun for others.

I will be back at my apartment playing Mass Effect 3 in approximately 17 hours...

When I woke up this morning "The Final Countdown" started playing in my head. I've been up for 4 hours...and it's still playing...

I'm not getting it right away (waiting until they stop tying it to Origin,) but I eagerly await the hilarious BSN backlash.

Right after work today I'm heading home, taking a nap, and staying up for the midnight release. I might not sleep tonight.

I've already made sure I don't have any early morning meetings tomorrow. Oh, and I'm taking Friday off.

I have no idea when ME3 will be released in Australia but I fully expect JB Hi Fi to break the street date.

Dirty sneaky amazing bastards.

I'm holding it off until the 12th for my birthday. The galaxy doesn't mind waiting another six more days.
Get the Earth nice and pre-screwed before I fashionably arrive in the nick of time to save the day.
Oh, yes.

There was an actual post on the bioware forums on how to unlock your digital copies as early as 10 AM EST today. Basically the release checker only checks your IP at the time you tell it to so if you were to use a Hong Kong or Korean IP proxy then use the release checker it would unlock in about 30 mins from the time I post this. I double checked to see if it worked and it gave me the correct time for unlocking versus my original NA IP which was midnight tonight. I guess I'll find out for sure soon enough.

Just finished my perfect playthrough last night (ME 1&2 100%) and I'll be picking it up at midnight. Unfortunately I won't get to play very long as I need to get up for work in the morning XP

Maybe it's only 24 hours for you bloody colonials. :p
Some of us have to wait for some reason or other, until Friday.

I live in the UK so.... Fuck you!!

I have my digital edition pre-loaded and my Shepard all ready to go. Playing the multiplayer right now. It's pretty damn fun. It might be the first time I get into an online shooter since Unreal Tournament 2004.

i live in Europe so friday for me too, but i dont mind that much because mass effect is not that big of a thing for me, a very minor game compared to skyrim that one for me

Screamarie:

SO it's less than 24 hours to Mass Effect 3 so let's just have a bit of a get together and talk about it.

Your making this thread wont piss me off, do what you want. What pisses me off is this time period. In America this is how long you have to wait. For me it is 3 Days, 23 Hours, 58 Minutes and 30 Seconds. It's making me go bit insane.

I am VERY excited on one hand, but it is tempered with alot of melancholy. I felt the same way before Halo 3, and Gears of War 3. But much more so in this case, because the Mass Effect series has been my favorite video game series that I have played. I will be there for the midnight release, and I have taken the next two days off from work. While my wife is working, and my kids are in school, I will be spending the next two days playing the hell out of this game. I just hate to see it coming to a close.

LOL Well, it will be a big shot in the arm for the controller industry, as so many people break them on reaching the end of the game.... LOL

As excited I am to play the game, what little I know about the ending, no details, it's going to tick me off a tad.

From what I understand, Bioware...

i'm so excited!
i've got my perfect playthrough of Mass Effect 2, which i imported from Mass Effect 1, all set. i just finished my final playthrough before ME3, (it won't be the first game i import though)

i'm planning on going to pick up my N7 edition of the game at midnight at the nearest gamestop
just 15 hours left!!!!!

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked