Worst DLC.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Which do you consider to be worst DLC of all time? (without counting horse armor...)

I didn't particularly enjoy Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage, the only thing I liked was that I got a stealth suit and gauss rifle to keep afterwards.

The rest.. boring :P

lRookiel:
I didn't particularly enjoy Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage, the only thing I liked was that I got a stealth suit and gauss rifle to keep afterwards.

That. Plus I was playing on PS3, so it slooooowed down to about 2 fps because of all the NPCs there were at once.

Or any CoD map pack.

MajorTomServo:

lRookiel:

That. Plus I was playing on PS3, so it slooooowed down to about 2 fps because of all the NPCs there were at once.

Or any CoD map pack.

Pretty much this. Also, I'm not too happy about the ME3 DLC.

I'd say the Noble and Defiant map packs for Halo Reach were pretty damn bad - lovely maps, but criminally underused in regular matchmaking. What's the point paying for maps that you never get to play on?

The Saints Row 3 DLC seems pretty piss poor.

Tales of Vesperia.
A single player RPG that lets you buy levels, gold and items for real money.

Second the paid map packs. Why divide a multiplayer community?

Kahunaburger:

I dunno, but I think people should take a note from Relic's Dawn of War series on this. If you don't own Chaos Rising, you can still play Chaos Rising maps and against the Chaos Space Marines, but you cannot use that faction yourself.

Update everyone's maps, and if they want to play with the toys that come with, make them pay for those. So you can still play against people who bought the map pack, but you don't get any of the fancy weapons or toys that come with unless you chalk up the cash.

Three words: Snooki. Avatar. Hair.

Rumble Roses Repainted Customes

I would go with the Street Fighter 3 DLC that's just pallet swaps. You have to pay for a pallet swap.

Prince of Persia. You're buying the last part of the game.

And map packs. If I could take maps I had already done and charge those obscene prices I'd be rich.

ZOMG ME3 DAYONEDLC OBVIOUS CASH IN EVIL CORPORATIONS CORRUPTING THE INDUSTRY THEY HATE ALL THEIR CONSUMERS ZOMG RELEASING THE GAME INCOMPLETE TO SQUEEZE MORE MONEY OUT OF US ZOMG

OT: Horse armor. You know thre drill.

Iv'e never encountered bad DLC, only bad implementations of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am never going to buy horse armour or any of the cod or halo map packs, but I see no problem with the actual content, more the fact that its either overpriced or splits the community.

The street fighter x tekken dlc, most of cap com dlc (or just fighting games in general these days) shouts out, give us your money!

Any cosmetic DLC that doesn't add to the gameplay is the worst kind of DLC to me.

Any paid DLC that doesn't add to the gameplay or changes anything about it. An example would be costumes for a character in a fighting game or weapon skins (or indeed the infamous horse armor).

Some people like those things and that's fine, but making my character blue instead of red is not something if find worthwhile to spend good money on.

Damn, I came here specifically to say horse armour!

Fable 2's DLC "Knothole Island" was pretty rubbish if truth be told. Fable 3's "Traitor's Keep" wasn't much better either, even if it did last a bit longer.

Alternate appearance packs for ME2.

Soviet Heavy:

Kahunaburger:

I dunno, but I think people should take a note from Relic's Dawn of War series on this. If you don't own Chaos Rising, you can still play Chaos Rising maps and against the Chaos Space Marines, but you cannot use that faction yourself.

Update everyone's maps, and if they want to play with the toys that come with, make them pay for those. So you can still play against people who bought the map pack, but you don't get any of the fancy weapons or toys that come with unless you chalk up the cash.

Need more compatibility DLC although I curse COD:BO since MW had a GOTY and i got the maps with it and Black Ops appears to not be getting a full DLC included release or even a "All ZOMBIE maps included" DLC, cause I'd totally buy it tomorrow if it did! >:(

Looking back, the Halo map packs: Halo 3, Halo Reach, blah de blah. I got a lot more out of the music I've downloaded for Guitar Hero 2 through 6. Also, it may not count as DLC proper but, Xbox Live Gold doesn't seem like a great use of money to be honest. That's just me though, who doesn't care too much for online gaming and has other means of accessing netflix.

I'll only consider the dlc I experienced myself, for obvious reasons.

The orrery for oblivion.

Basically you do a quick fetch quest and than get access to a planetarium-like machine that gives you a permanent buff. Which one exactly depends on what month it is in the game or something. Figuring out what month gives what buff is a pain and can easily be googled anyway. And all the buffs also have a negative effect so they are barely worth having. The only good part is the machine looks pretty neat.

Personally I thought it was worse than the horse armor since you know, I actually used it.

Than again, you can't really expect the second coming of christ for 2 measly dollars.

its not strictly DLC but call of duty elete it cost 100 bucks per year and most of it doesn't even work

the mass effect 2 DLC which was all about a pallet swapped mako to use in vehicle sections, some one seriously thought mm you know the worst part of masss effect 1 lets put it in mass effect 2! but the shadow broker DLC was the most awesome thing of all time ever so i let bioware off

Pinnacle Station, for the first Mass Effect.

It does an amazing, fantastic job of shining a glaring spotlight onto every one of Mass Effects 1's gameplay flaws. By doing so, it actually managed to ruin the first game for me.

The DLC from Mass Effect 1 & 2 was bad enough to drive me away from the series, and is one of the main reasons I'll never use Origin.

lRookiel:

I actually loved Operation Anchorage, i bought all 5 and it was the one i was least looking forward to but for some strange reason i ended up enjoying it.

OT: Any, Costume, Vehicle, Weapon 0.99 DLC

Aircross:
Any cosmetic DLC that doesn't add to the gameplay is the worst kind of DLC to me.

Wouldn't that be the best kind of dlc? I mean you aren't losing anything by not buying them . The best dlc in my opinion are the ones you don't need to buy .

For me the worst DLC is DLC i need to get complete package of the game.

lRookiel:

I think the alien ship was the worst experience I had wth fallout 3. Mothership zeta it was called? Good thing I tried it before I bought it, I would have been pissed if I payed for that.

The Dirt 3 content has been especially annoying, as even if you don't but it it is still there on track and car selection. Not to mention how much of it there is and how overpriced it is.

I love BlazBlue, but the Unlimited Character DLC is freaking stupid. Nothing like paying real money for something you can get really easily just playing the game.

I challenge anyone to give me a more worthless DLC than the Fable 3 "black dye dlc".

I dare you. I double dare you!

well you've always got COD: modern warfare 3.

krazykidd:

Aircross:

Wouldn't that be the best kind of dlc? I mean you aren't losing anything by not buying them . The best dlc in my opinion are the ones you don't need to buy .

For me the worst DLC is DLC i need to get complete package of the game.

I agree. If I buy DLC that gives my character 3 different outfits then I know what I'm getting. It's easy for me to say "ok is 3 new outfits worth $5". If I buy DLC that adds a new character and a few new levels, that's kinda a gamble unless you research what the character does and such. It's a bit harder to say "ok was (unknown amount of new game time and a new character) worth $10".

RaffB:
Iv'e never encountered bad DLC, only bad implementations of it.

Don't get me wrong, I am never going to buy horse armour or any of the cod or halo map packs, but I see no problem with the actual content, more the fact that its either overpriced or splits the community.

And even then, if you think it's overpriced... well, don't buy it. I have played a lot of Oblivion, and haven't even thought about downloading Horse Armour. If it's overpriced, just ignore it and move on with your life. Doing so will actually fix the problem.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked