Nerd Rage Quotes From Games.

My favorates are.
(Zelda)
"Hey Listen" I hate that fucking fairy!!!

(Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate 2/KoTor)
"You must gather your party before venturing forth" He is 2 feet away from me!!!!

What are your favorates (Most hated)

"1st Place!" (any racing game)
FUCKING COMPUTER!!! always crashing my damn car!!

I love pulling handbrake turns over the line XD no idea why...

"Your health is low!" From Fable

I liked the way that this was addressed in the loading screens of the second one. A message about how someone (possibly the hero) had killed the guildmaster and carved it into his forehead.

"I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee."

That was funny until I took a sword in the chest.

And that was funny until it all became so overused.

[Name] has gone berserk. [Name] has panicked. [Name] is under alien control. - XCOM.
If I had a pound for every mission that's gone horribly wrong because of the above...

Also, "The Random rule has spread throughout this region." Uuuuurghhhh.

I saw a mudcrab the other day.
--TES IV: Oblivion

Speak quickly, Outlander, or go away.
--TES III: Morrowind

Zantos:
"Your health is low!" From Fable

Urge. To kill. A guildmaster. Rising. Doesn't. Matter. Which. One.

OT: "Just a few coins."
"I beg of you"
The rest of the beggar quotes from AC1.

I'm afraid that if somebody comes to me begging for money with those words IRL, I may punch them by reflex. And I'll punch them, because I lack a hidden blade.

teqrevisited:
[Name] has gone berserk. [Name] has panicked. [Name] is under alien control. - XCOM.
If I had a pound for every mission that's gone horribly wrong because of the above...

Also, "The Random rule has spread throughout this region." Uuuuurghhhh.

Grrrr just thinking of this makes me annoyed.... I had to save almost every damn turn in Xcom because of this.

craftomega:
My favorates are.
(Zelda)
"Hey Listen" I hate that fucking fairy!!!

(Baldur's Gate/Baldur's Gate 2/KoTor)
"You must gather your party before venturing forth" He is 2 feet away from me!!!!

What are your favorates (Most hated)

I love the Baldur's Gate one. Usually there would be a character having the greatest challenge crossing a bridge or going around an object.

Mine would be the 'over encumbered' one in the latest Fallout games. It is like "you know I'm going to go back and forth selling this stuff so just let me do it all in one trip >.<"

"game over"

and that's the ending.

''I can't do that''. Or any variation on that in any point-n-click game.

Motherfucker, I can name 20 fucking ways how you can open a door with a sword, a knife, even a fucking rock! And you're telling me the only way to open it is with a fucking cheese knife you found by giving a French man some wine that you found by jumping in a well and moving a specific rock?!

"Even the greatest of driods cannot make a shimmersilk purse from a bantha's ear master"
- The Republic droid from SW:TOR, when returning from a crafting mission.

"Fucking spy!" - every person who gets backstabed in tf2

Also, this is my 400th post :D

"Get out of here Stalker!"
Oh I guess im not supposed to be in here, but this seems to be the only way-
Whatever lets just go thr-
GAAAH SHUTUP
Phew alright im through! Just hope I don't have to walk through there ever again. So is this the bar I was told about?
"Hey come in, don't stand there!"
(weeps)

Traveling in the mohave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter ^^.

Civ rev.... EBE KAY SARAY!! every fucking time that greek guy showed up to talk to me in diplomacy. I didnt realise for too long that I could turn off advisor speak.

Pokemon . When i get confused.

"machamp is confused. It hurt itself during it's confusion".

FFXIII-2.

"words words words...KUUUPO" .

Mgs. When snake dies

"Snake? Snaaake? SSSSSNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEE!?!?!?

"You are in my spot, sir" - SWAT IV

Actually, any obnoxious support NPC comment in any tactical game ever, as they make it glaringly obvious that the AI has zero flexibility in its behavior.

And yes, I've watched Spoony's Let's Play of SWAT IV and the related running joke. I so sympathize.

"Enemy facing shields have fallen. Torpedo launch recommended!" - Star Trek Online

So you add the (entirely optional, though) option of having your bridge officers make tactical recommendations, but not a simple flag to check if the ship has an actual torpedo launcher installed?

What are you - a statue? You got something, spill the beans; if not - take a hike!

Those fucking lutists (that's a word, right) on AC2! Oh but I'M the bad guy for stabbing them in the face with a hidden blade?

'Niko it's your cousin Roman! Let's go bowling!' I'm trying to make money and move up the criminal underworld hierarchy and all you want to do is go bowling and play darts!

Mr Companion:
Oh I guess im not supposed to be in here, but this seems to be the only way-
Whatever lets just go thr-
GAAAH SHUTUP
Phew alright im through! Just hope I don't have to walk through there ever again. So is this the bar I was told about?
(weeps)

Was just about to say the same thing.

Pretty much sums up my experience with STALKER: SoC

Professor Oak's words echoed... "Spidey, there is a time and place for everything, but not now."

ENEMIES EVERYWHERE.
I KNOW YOU FEEL THIS SHEPARD.

Most annoying sounds ever.

Urist McHunter cancels retrieve kill: Interrupted by Zombie

And so the infestation begins.

Durgiun:
''I can't do that''. Or any variation on that in any point-n-click game.

Motherfucker, I can name 20 fucking ways how you can open a door with a sword, a knife, even a fucking rock! And you're telling me the only way to open it is with a fucking cheese knife you found by giving a French man some wine that you found by jumping in a well and moving a specific rock?!

lol, couldnt agree more.. Got flashbacks :P

"Stop right thar, criminal scum!" - A classic.

And also, "Insert more credits!" - EVERY SINGLE ARCADE MACHINE

'Oh look, another traveller here to lick my father's boots.' - Skyrim
Kid, if I had the child killing mod on, so help you...

'WE HAVE COME TO DESTROY YOU.' - ME2
Oh, really? I thought you were here to tell me a bedtime story. 8P

Skyrim: I have killed every single guard that ever said "I used to be an adventur....blah blah blah" and "Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll" I can't go into town anymore.

"need a light?" firebat from Starcraft
Brilliant!

"YOUR ATTACKS ARE PRIMITIVE" - Collector to Shepard in Mass Effect 2, normally just two seconds before I blow his fucking face off with a shotgun round.

"Don't forget to reload, Dr. Freeman!"

kyogen:
I saw a mudcrab the other day.
--TES IV: Oblivion

"Disgusting creatures, I hope to never see another."

"THAT WAS A VALUABLE ANIMAL!"

Apparently Bethesda are pros at these.

Also, I agree with the OP about "You must gather your part before venturing forth." It was bad enough as it was, but they added insult to injury by also putting it in the expansions, sequels AND (if I remember correctly) freaking Icewind Dale!

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked